Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Photos are digital scans of the ones they took on the day they picked it up from the dealer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Colostomy Bag posted:

How in the hell did that survive that climate?

It has Tennessee plates so I think it's not been around here very long.

I want that so bad though, but I'd legit feel bad driving it and doing truck things with it. It's too nice.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

track day bro! posted:

Thats pretty cheap for a turbo Glanza, oh wait it needs a new turbo. Even then thats not a bad price.

It's never just the turbo

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

track day bro! posted:

Thats pretty cheap for a turbo Glanza, oh wait it needs a new turbo. Even then thats not a bad price.

Glanzas are for scummers

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I received quite a bit of enjoyment from my glans.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

julian assflange posted:

Glanzas are for scummers

Well yeah they have a bit of a chavvy yoof image over here too, but even if it was a shitter you'd probably make your money back and more with that if you broke it. I bet you could at least sell the factory recaros for half the price of the car.

It's been sold already anyway!

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

track day bro! posted:

Well yeah they have a bit of a chavvy yoof image over here too, but even if it was a shitter you'd probably make your money back and more with that if you broke it. I bet you could at least sell the factory recaros for half the price of the car.

It's been sold already anyway!

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-corolla-gti/21494448?campaign=3

Now we’re talking

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

7 Grand? gently caress offfffffffff ya daftcunt

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Aw, that makes me a little sad. I've seen it driving around, it's a nice car. I'd be tempted to buy it if I could afford it or if I had anywhere to put it.

I can't recall if it actually has those plates on it, and I'd say that would go a long way toward value - 853 OKG would be an awesome plate number.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

https://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/ctd/d/attleboro-bmw-633csi-5-speed-e24-one/6859643055.html

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Nice!
I never knew that those rear windows rolled down, and I'm kind of amazed by that.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Decent price IMO.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

So much want:
https://fayetteville.craigslist.org/cto/d/tyrone-1996-civic-sedan-k24a-euro-lsd/6848923048.html

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
That is probably pretty drat quick. Somewhere around 10lb/hp

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
It's going to suck fat donkey dick to drive around town, just so you know. Pogo stick like suspension, jerky throttle, on/off clutch and you stuck filling up with e85. It's also loving loud. Just spend third of that amount on 90's sport bike and live happily thereafter.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Speaking of

https://annarbor.craigslist.org/cto/d/auburn-hills-1985-bmw-635-csi/6861427890.html

I've always liked the old 6 series. Granted a repaint and rust bubbles aren't so hot.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Nitrox posted:

It's going to suck fat donkey dick to drive around town, just so you know. Pogo stick like suspension, jerky throttle, on/off clutch and you stuck filling up with e85. It's also loving loud. Just spend third of that amount on 90's sport bike and live happily thereafter.

I have a DD. I need a trackrat.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

toplitzin posted:

I have a DD. I need a trackrat.
sure, but in that case why get one that’s front wheel drive?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
tcs is the company that brought us turn key k-swapped honda fit race cars

mmmmmm

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

bawfuls posted:

sure, but in that case why get one that’s front wheel drive?

Because I've got mad FWD skills.
Plus I can live out my dreams of never being as good as Jordan Cox.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

What the gently caress is this thing?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Colostomy Bag posted:

How in the hell did that survive that climate?

Old folks sometime leave for the winter without taking the truck.

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008

Basically, a 7 seater variant of what became the SUV Outback when the outback was still a wagon. Mostly still a legacy underneath that hideous grill

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Forgot about that. So thanks for bringing that hideous thing back to the front of my mind.

Colostomy Bag fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Apr 11, 2019

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
I really and truly do not understand the hate the Tribeca got for it's styling, I know everyone says it's awful, I know it's supposed to be bad but I just can't actually see it and just pretend it's really ugly.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

KakerMix posted:

I really and truly do not understand the hate the Tribeca got for it's styling, I know everyone says it's awful, I know it's supposed to be bad but I just can't actually see it and just pretend it's really ugly.

Its pretty ugly, and also has a stupid name.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

It looks like a Kia. The headlights and grill(s) are a train wreck. And the rear just looks odd too. In 2006 subaru made other good looking cars so this is a bit :psyduck:

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

It definitely has a "we need something with 3rd row seating, no time to design looks... throw this poo poo out the door!" kind of vibe going for it.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Suburban Dad posted:

It looks like a Kia. The headlights and grill(s) are a train wreck. And the rear just looks odd too. In 2006 subaru made other good looking cars so this is a bit :psyduck:

Hah it really does look like the most recent Kia Sportage. Although the Sportage is worse since it's almost offensively dull.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

KakerMix posted:

It's not Aztek levels of bad, it's just a mess and awkward, while still managing to be bland. Also, flying vagina grille.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
I get why, especially in context of the time, but it doesn't look so bad anymore when modern design is out the window, into the sky and off into space. Kinda like the Aztek!

No idea what they were actually like to live with though.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Also how many millions of people named them "Rebecca" and thought OWE EMM GEE THASTS SO ORIGINAL!!

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

KakerMix posted:

I get why, especially in context of the time, but it doesn't look so bad anymore when modern design is out the window, into the sky and off into space. Kinda like the Aztek!

No idea what they were actually like to live with though.

My brother has an ‘07, he likes it. It’s got the 3.0 H6 and the same automatic transmission as every other 3.0 Subaru. An early version of what the Outback became is a good way to describe it.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Like some weird tumor, the Aztek has grown on me.

It was typical GM for the time. Do something out of the ordinary and after some cost cutting this is what you got.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Did you drink the tainted water?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Rhyno posted:

Did you drink the tainted water?

Dexcool.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Interiors of the Tribecas are very comfy.

I believe required premium fuel other than its last year or two.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

I'm amazed to hear the Tribecas were actual cars on the road that people owned, I don't think I've ever seen one in person before. Obviously I must have, but you'd think I would have noticed it if nothing else because it's so ugly. I think the CL ad that said "exterior: custom" made me think it was some one off or body kitted Subaru.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

MomJeans420 posted:

I'm amazed to hear the Tribecas were actual cars on the road that people owned, I don't think I've ever seen one in person before. Obviously I must have, but you'd think I would have noticed it if nothing else because it's so ugly. I think the CL ad that said "exterior: custom" made me think it was some one off or body kitted Subaru.

The Tribeca made the Edsel look like a beauty queen. Most of them driven over the edge of the Grand Canyon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

MomJeans420 posted:

One of the x-ray techs I worked with still laments the loss of her B9 due to somebody running into it at speed and totaling it. I love Subarus but I never “got” the Tribeca.