Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

Frankston posted:

I must have missed this. Where?

Name one time a force user ever fell off something and then was later revealed to be actually dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the kylo ren helmet voice owned so i was mad when he smashed it.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

PostNouveau posted:

Yeah, I'm thinking he's gonna be haunting the death star remains, which they need to go to for some fetch quest. A cameo like Red Skull in Infinity War.

Good teaser, nothing alarming so far except for Skywalker in the title. I guess they got enough out of Carrie Fisher to include her. I am going to guess she getting the old "I have to go now, my planet needs me" treatment.

Note: Leia died on the way to her home planet.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

YaketySass posted:

Note: Leia died on the way to her home planet.

Note: Leia’s home planet died on the way to Leia.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

VJeff posted:

Pretty sure that's a typo it's Sky Walker and Rey is gonna get FUUUUCKIN' JET BOOTS, Y'ALL

Actually, it teasing that Rey and Ren are going to have their final battle ATOP A TWENTY FIVE FOOT HIGH SCAFFOLD!!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared
They're going to reveal that Palpatine knocked up Shmi, aren't they?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Groovelord Neato posted:

the kylo ren helmet voice owned so i was mad when he smashed it.

Yeah, it's a great thing and probably the best thing about the ST.

Like, I love Adam Driver - he's amazing - but Kylo is I C O N I C

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson/status/1116757864050233344

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Doronin posted:

Didn’t they already allude to this in episode 3?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I don't think Sheev will be a force ghost. They made it very clear that Sith can't be force ghosts, but instead seek to extend their lives through more... for the lack of a better word... insidious ways.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

RBA Starblade posted:

If Sheev's in it he should spend the entire runtime having nothing to actually do with the plot and just going around annoying and pissing the protagonists off.

This. It should be like Majima Everywhere in Yakuza Kiwami, where Sheev just pops up randomly to annoy the protagonists

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

[Sheev, popping out of a manhole] REYYYY-CHAAAAAN

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

It's going to be called Rise of Skywalker because as long as JJ is ignoring poo poo from Rian's movie he will probably go ham and make it so Rey really is a super secret Skywalker daughter

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

SeANMcBAY posted:

Didn’t they already allude to this in episode 3?

It was all but confirmed in the comic

https://comicbook.com/starwars/2018/12/21/star-wars-darth-vader-anakin-skywalker-father-palpatine/

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Doronin posted:

This has already been confirmed by LucasFilms.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
I hope they bring back all the characters at the end for a big party.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Doronin posted:

One of the Darth Vader comics have Palpatine and Shmi in the same panel that basically does that

The writer came out and said it was symbolic, not literal

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Rey is going to unlock the Force and all the dead Jedi will come back as ghosts and all the Sith will come back as ghost and the finale will be a big ghost fight where all the ghost with ghost ships and ghost lightsabers fight and it ends when Lando blows up the ghost Death Star and they finish the movie by celebrating in Endor.

With ghost eworks.

The twist is they’re bringing back Yub Nub.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
drat these non-literal dream sequences.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Davros1 posted:

Actually, it teasing that Rey and Ren are going to have their final battle ATOP A TWENTY FIVE FOOT HIGH SCAFFOLD!!

bah gawd kylo ren is broken in half

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Maybe Sheev is the titular rising Skywalker. He his the Great Grandpa of the Skywalker line...

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Rey is going to unlock the Force and all the dead Jedi will come back as ghosts and all the Sith will come back as ghost and the finale will be a big ghost fight where all the ghost with ghost ships and ghost lightsabers fight and it ends when Lando blows up the ghost Death Star and they finish the movie by celebrating in Endor.

With ghost eworks.

The twist is they’re bringing back Yub Nub.

Disney is the greatest necromancer of all.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I can accept a short cameo of Palpatine but nothing else. I really hope Palpatine is not central to the plot of this movie, or it turns out he has been pulling the strings the entire time in the sequels.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

yeah i mean palp is cool as hell but i cant imagine it not being super gimmicky. well we'll see

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Hopefully it'll be something in this style:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoOwyGyVsSA

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

bringing palpatine back in in a major way would at least be a fun kind of stupid

and when your expectations are for a boring kind of stupid, the fun kind isn't so bad

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

I said come in! posted:

I can accept a short cameo of Palpatine but nothing else. I really hope Palpatine is not central to the plot of this movie, or it turns out he has been pulling the strings the entire time in the sequels.

The stupidest thing you can imagine is what will end up happening.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I said come in! posted:

They showed the wreckage of a Death Star (I’m guessing Endor?) so I’m 100% on board the theory that the ghost of palpatine is haunting the wreckage and is the source of Snoke/dark side in these times.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

https://twitter.com/jupin/status/1116762400143835136

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Detective No. 27 posted:

I don't think Sheev will be a force ghost. They made it very clear that Sith can't be force ghosts, but instead seek to extend their lives through more... for the lack of a better word... insidious ways.

No one involved cares about nerd stuff like that. Pablo will come up with an ex post facto justification for the brokebrains if and as necessary

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I'm a big dumb fanboy, so I'm excited for more Star Wars :)

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Wait is it really called Rise of Skywalker

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

kidkissinger posted:

No.

It's The Rise of Skywalker.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

They showed the wreckage of a Death Star (I’m guessing Endor?) so I’m 100% on board the theory that the ghost of palpatine is haunting the wreckage and is the source of Snoke/dark side in these times.

Snoke was an Ewok, twisted and corrupted by the Dark Side.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

thrawn527 posted:

No.

It's The Rise of Skywalker.

I wonder how many fanfic erotica stories currently use this title.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I said come in! posted:

Groovelord Neato posted:

PALPATINE'S BEHIND IT ALL.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Disney will stop at nothing to remove any memory of the Solo movie.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

kidkissinger posted:

The Star Wars and the Fall of the House of Skywalker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Im not trying to judge the movie by it's title but drat that is some bland garbage.