Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Sudden Javelin posted:

Yet they didn't even touch "Attack while it's tail's up!"

What about, "off course!" in the Gold Saucer battle arena?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Had my second Into the Breach win last night! With the Rusting Hulks again...

For whatever reason I just can't get a win with another squad. Rusting Hulks have good damage output, displacement, and stats. I've really tried to make it work with Flame Behemoths, but I just feel like I can't keep the damage up fast enough and I end up getting overwhelmed around the halfway point.

I think I just need to unlock a new squad because I'm not in love with the ones I have at the moment.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Wildtortilla posted:

What about, "off course!" in the Gold Saucer battle arena?

Or the most important one, where Tifa calls Barrett a retard

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Bit behind here but the Chocobo Mystery Dungeon game that was released a few weeks ago was just a remake of the one on the Wii? Did they add anything to make it worth playing if you already played that one?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
steps on toad repeatedly

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

bushisms.txt posted:

Free avatar since I can't use it where I wanted

oh yeah

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

PantsBandit posted:

Had my second Into the Breach win last night! With the Rusting Hulks again...

For whatever reason I just can't get a win with another squad. Rusting Hulks have good damage output, displacement, and stats. I've really tried to make it work with Flame Behemoths, but I just feel like I can't keep the damage up fast enough and I end up getting overwhelmed around the halfway point.

I think I just need to unlock a new squad because I'm not in love with the ones I have at the moment.

I love Blitzkrieg. They were my first unlock and I regretted it. Then I realized I was stuck with them for awhile so I did my best to learn them. They clicked, I fell in love, and I got my first (and to date only) win with them.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

One day I will play a Virtual Boy. It’s a goal I have.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Straight White Shark posted:

Bit behind here but the Chocobo Mystery Dungeon game that was released a few weeks ago was just a remake of the one on the Wii? Did they add anything to make it worth playing if you already played that one?

It's a port with a few new features. The buddy system allows you to take a friend along and play two player but I haven't used that mode. They can follow you around as an NPC and have a bunch of skills. There are dozens of buddies and pretty much every major character can come with you, and most monsters. They added a hard mode that plays more like a true roguelike where you lose all your equipment and makes the game really difficult.

Storywise, it's the same game, if you give a poo poo about the story. There are a lot of new challenge dungeons including one that's like 50 floors long that I haven't even tried to penetrate yet. They changed a few of the music tracks for some reason, but it's 90% the same.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Heath posted:

It's a port with a few new features. The buddy system allows you to take a friend along and play two player but I haven't used that mode.

if it's anything like chocobo's dungeon 2, two player mode will be broken af. in other co-op CMD games, P2 only gets one attack per "round"--every time P1 moves or attacks--but infinite movement.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

where the gently caress is slay the spire

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
in the trash where it belongs

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

sponges posted:

Nintendo should release a $60 plastic VR shell that works just like Labo VR but it it looks like a Virtual Boy. I'd buy it.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

HenryEx posted:

in the trash where it belongs

:chloe:

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

sponges posted:

They're not that great. My grandma won me one in 1995. I only have Mario Tennis and Vertical Force. Might grab it from my old room when I visit my folks this weekend.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

The White Dragon posted:

if it's anything like chocobo's dungeon 2, two player mode will be broken af. in other co-op CMD games, P2 only gets one attack per "round"--every time P1 moves or attacks--but infinite movement.

It may work that way. Monster buddies that have a constant "slow" effect like the turtles can move equal to Chocobo except during combat

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

s.i.r.e. posted:

I'd buy a $60 plastic shell

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Andrast posted:

Well you see it's really hard to port a game that consists primarily of still images because

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

Beastie posted:

They're not that great. My grandma won me one in 1995. I only have Mario Tennis and Vertical Force. Might grab it from my old room when I visit my folks this weekend.

A problem with Virtual Boys is that the oscillating mirrors that reflect the images have a tendency to detach from their mounts after all these years. There's a decent chance your VB is non-functional :(.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Andrast posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/slaythespire/comments/b6pjln/official_word_on_expected_console_dates/

Maybe a release date announced late this month, but maybe not

Kind of bullshit imo

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

PantsBandit posted:

Well you see it's really hard to port a game that consists primarily of still images because

most programmers are poo poo.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I'm apparently spoiled and spent many hours with a VB. Rented them several times as a kid amd owned one later.

I mean.. It worked. The image felt very 3d and some of the games were actually good as I remember. What you saw was pretty small & blurry though and there was never a comfortable way to play for too long. The controller was really good and I think that is the thing no one else seems to mention. I remember it being super comfortable. If the n64 controller had borrowed more of that design I feel it could have been better than what we got.

Don't spend any money to try a VB, the labo VR has to be way better sight unseen so go do that. Plus idk is there emulators for the VB? Too lazy to look.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Ziddar posted:

A problem with Virtual Boys is that the oscillating mirrors that reflect the images have a tendency to detach from their mounts after all these years. There's a decent chance your VB is non-functional :(.

I'll scrounge up the 8-10 AA batteries the thing needed and will check. I turned it on about 5 years ago and it worked fine. We broke the legs for it so you either have to play it laying down or stack it on some books or something.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Mons Hubris posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/slaythespire/comments/b6pjln/official_word_on_expected_console_dates/

Maybe a release date announced late this month, but maybe not

Kind of bullshit imo

this is not acceptable

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

ColdPie posted:

most programmers are poo poo.

I think the switch is the only console I've owned where I haven't had a game crash (yet)

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Heath posted:

Or the most important one, where Tifa calls Barrett a retard

it’s still there

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Did Odallus get a patch yet?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I think the switch is the only console I've owned where I haven't had a game crash (yet)

I haven't had a game crash but I've had a couple of native apps like the store crash a few times

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Mario vs. Rabbids has crashed on me a couple times :(

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Straight White Shark posted:

Mario vs. Rabbids has crashed on me a couple times :(

it really is an xcom

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

RBA Starblade posted:

it really is an xcom

That's a feature, not a bug

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

indigi posted:

I haven't had a game crash but I've had a couple of native apps like the store crash a few times

I had the store on the PS4 pro hardlock my console when it tried to play a video. Haven't had such an issue with the eshop yet!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The eShop has a major bug, the music never plays when I’m in it.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Mega64 posted:

The eShop has a major bug, the music never plays when I’m in it.

:hai:

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0pezsVK8gQ

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I've gone full days in work with the Wii shop music playing in the background

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

seeing those videos above, I’m impressed with how much there’s to play with in labo vr

was gonna probably give it a pass buttt now I dunno

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Iron Crowned posted:

That's a feature, not a bug

Yeah, Into the Breach is the strategy game on Switch with bugs

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

So I have Starlink and getting pretty tired of the two available weapons. Well, three if you count the Arwing cannons.

Are there any must-haves out there?
Digital only since I don't want to clog up my house with more plastic crap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Inzombiac posted:

I don't want to clog up my house with more plastic crap.

They officially cancelled production, so you'll never have to worry about this anymore.