Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
bad news, chum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I'd like them to do more mega evolutions and z-moves, but regional variants should remain an Alola thing imo. it's what makes the region special

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

No.

Give Farfetch'd a shield to go with his sword.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I mean the argument is academic because we know Game Freak isn't gonna continue developing a good idea between gens

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

They will, I believe

E: They will be replacing Z moves with something else though.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

HopperUK posted:

I did it, I got a Switch to play Let's Go and the new game when it comes out. I pretend I'll use it for other games but this will be the third or fourth console I've owned just for pokemon.

don't care

:hfive:
This is literally me. I've owned a DS Lite, 3DS, and Switch pretty much only for Pokemon. I got to Fuchsia City in Let's Go Eevee and then basically plateau'd so that I could work on getting Meltan/Melmetal in Pokemon Go and eventually Let's Go as well.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Panic Restaurant posted:

If there’s no regional Solrock or Lunatone in the games literally called Sun and Moon I will be very upset!!
:sigh:

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Bring back the Pokeball pocket in the backpack Game Freak. There's a dozen something types now and it's cluttering my inventory.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So when will we get new info about S/S?

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
I hope they keep the let's go style of play for the mainline games instead of making it a side series.false swipe and spore can go right to hell.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

Nasgate posted:

I hope they keep the let's go style of play for the mainline games instead of making it a side series.false swipe and spore can go right to hell.

Lack of Wild Battles can go to hell. Leave the Let's Go mechanics to Let's Go games.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

BlazetheInferno posted:

Lack of Wild Battles can go to hell. Leave the Let's Go mechanics to Let's Go games.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The capture mechanics in Let's Go somehow managed to be even worse than random encounters

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

Wasn't there a guy in the desert who wanted you to show him one? Don't know I ever did though...

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

BlazetheInferno posted:

What kind of insane person wants to murder a bunch of Pokemon with extremely unchallenging movesets? Or run into zubats constantly?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Nasgate posted:

What kind of insane person wants to murder a bunch of Pokemon with extremely unchallenging movesets? Or run into zubats constantly?

Someone who doesn't want to have to catch and mulch a hundred of those same Zubat s while playing a repetitive minigame where they wiggle across the screen.

Also i would like to actually use my Pokemon and not sideline them for like most of my play time.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

They should put in wild battles instead of just Go-style pokeball tossing, but also have wild pokemon appear on the overworld instead of being random encounters.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

I'd like some variation of contests added in as an alternative storyline to gyms, along with a championship and granting XP. Either have them unlock the same routes through hm/rides, or have slightly different ones depending on which method you take, or you can just do both.

Also dexnav > wild overworld mons

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Gruckles posted:

They should put in wild battles instead of just Go-style pokeball tossing, but also have wild pokemon appear on the overworld instead of being random encounters.

i dont mind random encounters but this is the ideal solution

absolutely anything fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Apr 13, 2019

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Gruckles posted:

This.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

I'm gonna buy ultra sun or moon, which one has cuter exclusive mons?

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Zore posted:

Someone who doesn't want to have to catch and mulch a hundred of those same Zubat s while playing a repetitive minigame where they wiggle across the screen.

Also i would like to actually use my Pokemon and not sideline them for like most of my play time.

Someone beat Let's Go doing a modified Nuzlocke. You do not have to grind catches. I was overlevelled just filling the dex.

I suppose I would also accept having early and limitless access to quick balls. But seriously gently caress the tedium of catching in the regular games.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Catching sucks in Let's Go because pokemon can just leave and you can't really do anything about it.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Catching sucks in Let's Go because pokemon can just leave and you can't really do anything about it.

That's a fair argument. But ime more Pokemon have roared me out of battle in UM than ran in Go

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

BattleCattle posted:

I was thinking of going US over UM because Blacephalon looks pretty cool. I'm not sure it's anybody's idea of cute, though :shrug:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Gruckles posted:

While not happening in Sword and Shield likely due to simple overlap in development schedules, I keep full hope this will happen in the next game, be it the third version of SwSh, the ever-expected DP remakes, or whatever Game Freak surprises us with next.

I say this as if I didn't know it will be barely-changed Kanto, again, forever.

Nasgate posted:

That's a fair argument. But ime more Pokemon have roared me out of battle in UM than ran in Go

We must've played completely different games then.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Nasgate posted:

Certainly not my experience but maybe i've been lucky. At the very least not every pokemon known roar, while every Pokemon in Go has the potential to just end the battle if they feel like it, which really sucks for pokemon with low catch rates.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

BattleCattle posted:

No objective way to tell, decide for yourself: https://www.ign.com/wikis/pokemon-sun-pokemon-moon/Pokemon_Ultra_Sun_and_Ultra_Moon_Exclusives_and_Version_Differences

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Actually objectively speaking the one with Alola Vulpix has cuter mons.

Which is to say, US.

Vernatio
Nov 13, 2015

Questionable!
Love 2 set up frankly ridiculous amounts of hazards while the enemy sits around doing nothing: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7randombattle-891918306

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

SirSamVimes posted:

Actually objectively speaking the one with Alola Vulpix has cuter mons.

Which is to say, US.

Ultra Sun it is!

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
What's the priority of Eevee evolution conditions? If I level up my high-Friendship, high-Pokemon Amie Eevee during the day near a Mossy Rock, what evolution do I get?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

SuperKlaus posted:

What's the priority of Eevee evolution conditions? If I level up my high-Friendship, high-Pokemon Amie Eevee during the day near a Mossy Rock, what evolution do I get?

Leafeon.

Location is first Priority.

Next is Amie so if you weren't near the rock you would get Sylveon, but only if it ALSO has a fairy type move.

And Friendship comes after both of those two things.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
Speaking of which, will Sword and Shield keep the Friendship/Affection merger from Let's Go or will it split them again?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/rainbowfission/status/1117116830882177026

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
What the hell. I just caught a shiny, modest Gastly. I've now caught more shiny pokemon in this one save of Ultra Moon than I ever have combined previously.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Vernatio posted:

Love 2 set up frankly ridiculous amounts of hazards while the enemy sits around doing nothing: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7randombattle-891918306
Man I have no idea how anybody does competitive battling. I haven't participated since the NetBattle days and between all the new Pokemon and new mechanics I don't think I'd be able to keep up.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Vegetable posted:

Man I have no idea how anybody does competitive battling. I haven't participated since the NetBattle days and between all the new Pokemon and new mechanics I don't think I'd be able to keep up.

You can just play past gens. I play almost exclusively Gen 3 random battles.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Certainly not my experience but maybe i've been lucky. At the very least not every pokemon known roar, while every Pokemon in Go has the potential to just end the battle if they feel like it, which really sucks for pokemon with low catch rates.

To be fair, both are in the single digits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Dan Didio posted:

What the hell. I just caught a shiny, modest Gastly. I've now caught more shiny pokemon in this one save of Ultra Moon than I ever have combined previously.

You got a shiny charm?