Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Johnny Joestar posted:

the delta pokemon do have some pretty neat designs, like delta aipom who's ghost/normal and has a weird ghost tail

also delta ambipom has an...actually pretty tight design, i feel?

also as a bonus if you have aipom and are using it:
they see you

This looks like trash though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Zuzie posted:

I suppose its kind of hard to depict smooth short hair for a CGI model without looking too "slick". It would probably look too weird among live action humans.

HopperUK posted:

Emolga is fuckin stoked to be in this movie.

hey..hey :mad: this is the perfect lever of fuzz for like 70% of pokemon why cant they make more of em this fuzzy instead of too fuzzy

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

same tbh

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I love every one of the Pika clones. Even Plusle and Minun. I don’t care that they’re lazy or weak. They’re all cute af.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Fakechus are boring and lazy but then Mimikyu happened and retroactively made them all acceptable due to her perfection rubbing off on them by association.

Also how hairy should Wailord be in the movie?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

I did it, I got a Switch to play Let's Go and the new game when it comes out. I pretend I'll use it for other games but this will be the third or fourth console I've owned just for pokemon.

don't care

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Vegetable posted:

I love every one of the Pika clones. Even Plusle and Minun. I don’t care that they’re lazy or weak. They’re all cute af.
This is the right way to be. I excluded them because they're easy targets, not because I don't like them. They're bros.

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Fakechus are boring and lazy but then Mimikyu happened and retroactively made them all acceptable due to her perfection rubbing off on them by association.
Same question as Flopsy, what makes them lazy "Fakechus?" Pachirisu is a squirrel, Emolga is a flying squirrel, Dedenne is a hamster, and Togedemaru is a porcupine. None of them even resemble Pikachu, they're only linked because they are electric-type rodents. Should that classification be reserved for Pikachu? Besides Pachirisu, they even have different types. Mimikyu looks more like Pikachu than the others on purpose and yet it's the only acceptable one because of that. I do not understand the rodent hate and I won't allow it to go unquestioned anymore. They're good! They're all good!

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

I do think Dedenne looks enough like Pikachu that it's notable but on the other hand it's a cute little friend so who cares?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

HopperUK posted:

I do think Dedenne looks enough like Pikachu Raichu that it's notable

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

dedenne is the best one

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
of all Pokémon in general, yes

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Also how hairy should Wailord be in the movie?
Wailord should look disgusting like the Loudred

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Whalley posted:

Wailord should look disgusting like the Loudred

That loudred looks like it went on a bender and then just never stopped

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

That loudred looks like it went on a bender and then just never stopped

You see it assisting a DJ in a trailer if I'm not mistaken. So clearly XTC at work.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I'd like Dedenne more if it actually learned fairy attacks outside of Play Rough (which doesn't work since Dedenne is a physically strong as you would expect from a field mouse). Why the hell does it not get Dazzling Gleam?

I personally have no problem with Pikachu-relatives as they're mostly there for marketing purposes (which isn't a bad thing in of itself) and they're getting more unique over time rather then just being vanilla Electric types. Not to mention that rodents are the largest order of mammals in terms of species, so it stands to reason that the Pokémon world should be overrun with electric rodents.

Also even if you don't like them, there are hundreds of other species to focus your attention on.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_TkNd__iUk

But yeah, there's over 900 Pokemon now or something, if you can't find at least one from each gen you like you ain't trying.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Man, getting real impatient for more info on Sword and Shield.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
When Weakness Policy says it's one-use, does it mean once per fight or once forever? 32 BP seems like a lot to pay for an item used precisely once.

Here's a spoiler for Sword and Shield: "I like kilts! They're comfy and easy to wear!"

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

SuperKlaus posted:

When Weakness Policy says it's one-use, does it mean once per fight or once forever? 32 BP seems like a lot to pay for an item used precisely once.

Here's a spoiler for Sword and Shield: "I like kilts! They're comfy and easy to wear!"

Depends!

If you use it in an online battle or the battle tree, you'll get it back after it's been activated in battle after the battle (so if it activates and your pokemon swaps, you lose the item and the bonus).

If you use it outside of those areas, it's one use and gone forever.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Man, getting real impatient for more info on Sword and Shield.

There's only three Pokemon that exist in Sword and Shield; the majority of the game is an in-depth diplomacy simulator discussing the return of specific land rights to your trainer's people, and sometimes Sobble shows up and cries.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

SuperKlaus posted:

I swear to god, if there's trainer customization and there's no kilt for the male, S&S will be beyond all redemption, no matter how mind-blowing the music, story, pokemon, and characters are

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

SuperKlaus posted:

Except it's transcribed obnoxiously in a Scottish accent AH LAHK KIYELTS THEYERE COOMFEH AN EASY TAE WEAYEYERE

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
What if there's a regional machamp in a kilt

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Considering most of a Pokemon journey is spent wading through grass up to your neck, you probably don't want to wear a kilt.

Alternatively,

If you're trying to carry around all the supplies a trainer needs, a utili-kilt is just the obvious choice.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

SuperKlaus posted:

Calaveron posted:

Except it's transcribed obnoxiously in a Scottish accent AH LAHK KIYELTS THEYERE COOMFEH AN EASY TAE WEAYEYERE

Thank you, that's all I needed to know.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Half the fun of character customization is dressing your character in the most inappropriate attire possible.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Helo frends.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Shinjobi posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cT6ULpScZA

Cross-posting from the Polygon thread because I think this thread can appreciate having their own Terry at one point or another.

I'm just now watching this and holy poo poo

The educational part is the highlight. How they managed to come up with so many puns is amazing to me

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Setting Plusle and Minun aside since they are indeed lazy Different Pichus, what do you have against the other pika clones? Are they actually bad designs, or do you dislike them just because they are electric and rodents in the same way that Pikachu is? Most of them don't even look like Pikachu.

It's the laziness behind their conception. A combination of "Oh we'll cash in on pikachu's popularity" poo poo and a lot of them are hard to use in game and otherwise (Pachirisu non withstanding) because of their awful stats. That and I guess I find actual rodents loving adorable and pokemon doesn't reproduce their natural cuteness that well to me. I'm not super passionate about it, it's more like "oh this again Christ".

Ada
Apr 22, 2014

Practice proper gun's safety.

Countblanc posted:

What if there's a regional machamp in a kilt

Regional conkeldurr except he carries trees for throwing

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
My team evolving is a great feeling that I want to experience a lot of so until they start coming up with raichu clones i won't use pikachu clones

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Emonga really shoud’ve been a Pachi evo, but alas that wasn’t to be due to the same unfortunate circumstances as Luvdisc/Alomomola.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

My team evolving is a great feeling that I want to experience a lot of so until they start coming up with raichu clones i won't use pikachu clones

Same, but also because both Raichus are cuter and cooler than Pikachu by a country mile.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Emolga is best

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Zuzie posted:

I'd like Dedenne more if it actually learned fairy attacks outside of Play Rough (which doesn't work since Dedenne is a physically strong as you would expect from a field mouse). Why the hell does it not get Dazzling Gleam?

I personally have no problem with Pikachu-relatives as they're mostly there for marketing purposes (which isn't a bad thing in of itself) and they're getting more unique over time rather then just being vanilla Electric types. Not to mention that rodents are the largest order of mammals in terms of species, so it stands to reason that the Pokémon world should be overrun with electric rodents.

Also even if you don't like them, there are hundreds of other species to focus your attention on.

I bred and trained a Dedenne, expecting that it would be able to learn Dazzling Gleam, as it’s a fairy type and an electric type. I was so disappointed that it couldn’t. Starmie and Gengar can learn Dazzling Gleam, but an electric/fairy type cannot? What gives!

Anyway, little Hamlet was still useful in helping me catch Pokémon (Nuzzle!) and giving me gifts with Pickup.

Emolga is super cute too.

It’s not an electric type, but I’m super in love with Minccino and Cinccino. Chinchillas are adorable and I loved taking down Hydreigons with my little Sherribelle.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I love pokemon

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Nessa posted:

I bred and trained a Dedenne, expecting that it would be able to learn Dazzling Gleam, as it’s a fairy type and an electric type. I was so disappointed that it couldn’t. Starmie and Gengar can learn Dazzling Gleam, but an electric/fairy type cannot? What gives!

Anyway, little Hamlet was still useful in helping me catch Pokémon (Nuzzle!) and giving me gifts with Pickup.

Emolga is super cute too.

It’s not an electric type, but I’m super in love with Minccino and Cinccino. Chinchillas are adorable and I loved taking down Hydreigons with my little Sherribelle.

See Minccino and Cinccino are the concept done right to me. They have a genuinely nifty theme (fashionata wearing their own fur) and a very good ability with the moves to take advantage of it. If pikaclones were more like them and the Marill line I'd probably be more into them. My only wish is that their shiny was closer to the blue gray of the actual animal's fur.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
my favorite pikaclone is Mew

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

indigi posted:

my favorite mewclone is Pikachu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

:retrogames: :3: :retrogames:

Pork Pro
If there’s no regional Aegislash in the games literally called Sword and Shield I will be very upset!!