Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Welp, I finally maxed all the beast tribes. I can now do all the allied beast tribe quests. I feel like the ARR beast tribe quests would have been a tremendous pain in the rear end if someone were doing them back when they were actually released (since walking through those big areas would have involved a lot more fighting).

Also getting close to maxing all crafting/gatherers. Only three non-70 crafters are Culinarian, Armorer, and Alchemist, which are 68, 63, and 61 respectively. Gatherers are 68/67/66.

Once I finish getting the crafters (and corresponding retainers) leveled up I can finally start making money off my retainers. I've currently been just spending all my money on GC turn-ins, so I have virtually nothing, but the money should go up pretty fast afterwards. I have like 2000+ venture tokens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Hyper Inferno posted:

In general, the primals are some of the best spectacles IMO

Not gonna lie, it was doing Ifrit on the free trial that made me buy FF14 as a long-time WoW vet. Very simple fight mechanically, but more impressive spectacle than most raid bosses in WoW.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Cythereal posted:

Not gonna lie, it was doing Ifrit on the free trial that made me buy FF14 as a long-time WoW vet. Very simple fight mechanically, but more impressive spectacle than most raid bosses in WoW.

If there's one thing Square-Enix has always nailed, it's spectacle.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

DizzyBum posted:

If there's one thing Square-Enix has always nailed, it's spectacle.

Ohohohoho

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
EUREKA BAD

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Ohohohoho

...I totally meant to make that joke. Yep. :colbert:

Verranicus posted:

EUREKA GOOD

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Verranicus posted:

EUREKA BAD

This but unironically.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Ytlaya posted:

Welp, I finally maxed all the beast tribes. I can now do all the allied beast tribe quests. I feel like the ARR beast tribe quests would have been a tremendous pain in the rear end if someone were doing them back when they were actually released (since walking through those big areas would have involved a lot more fighting).

Also getting close to maxing all crafting/gatherers. Only three non-70 crafters are Culinarian, Armorer, and Alchemist, which are 68, 63, and 61 respectively. Gatherers are 68/67/66.

Once I finish getting the crafters (and corresponding retainers) leveled up I can finally start making money off my retainers. I've currently been just spending all my money on GC turn-ins, so I have virtually nothing, but the money should go up pretty fast afterwards. I have like 2000+ venture tokens.

You don't need to have max level retainers to be making money off of them. :ssh: The level 70 2* gathering is a real bad ROI (1 venture for 5 pieces of Hingan Flax... maybe 5000 gil if you're lucky?) but kinda nice if you wanna be lazy and passively gather last tiers mats for i340 DOH/DOL gear.

It's kind of dead and rough to get in now, but the majority of the ingredients for Shakshouka were a solid source of income on and off throughout 4.4+:

1 Koshu Pork,15 Yellow Scrip, 2500-5000 gil
2 Dravanian Paprika, level 60 - 7 per venture 50 minutes, 2000 NQ - 7500 HQ gil, 14k per venture
2 Dzemael Tomato, level 50 - 9 per venture 40 minutes, 500 NQ - 500 HQ gil, 4.5k per venture
1 Gagana Egg, level 60 - 10 per venture 60 minutes, 800 NQ - 900 HQ gil, 8k per venture
1 Dragon Pepper, level 35 - 30 per venture 40 minutes, 200 NQ - 1500 HQ gil, 6k per venture
1 Thyme, level 40 - 30 per venture 40 minutes, 300 NQ - 950 HQ gil, 9k per venture

Shakshouka: 8200 HQ x 3 = 26000 gil - tax
Mats: 8800 gil
Matcha HQ: 5200 gil (30 min timer)
Craftsman Cunning Tea HQ: 3000 gil (15 min timer)

Net: +9000 gil for first stack of 3

Rate: 36 per 30 min
312000 - 20000 (1 matcha, 2 teas) = +292k net (potentially) for babysitting crafting macros for 30 min.

Or be lazy like me and fill holes in the MB and be fine with a steady rate of volume and setting your own price for mats per swing:

Phone fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Apr 12, 2019

Kobata
Oct 11, 2012

DizzyBum posted:

:lol: That's actually awesome.

The fun part of elemental bonus gear is that it's a fixed bonus, so while it's still a pretty big help in Hydatos it basically more than doubles your stats in Anemos. It's incredibly absurd in the older areas, it's just kinda sad you can't get it until you're basically done with Eureka because it makes soloing actually amazingly feasible.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Phone posted:

You don't need to have max level retainers to be making money off of them. :ssh: The level 70 2* gathering is a real bad ROI (1 venture for 5 pieces of Hingan Flax... maybe 5000 gil if you're lucky?) but kinda nice if you wanna be lazy and passively gather last tiers mats for i340 DOH/DOL gear.

It's kind of dead and rough to get in now, but the majority of the ingredients for Shakshouka were a solid source of income on and off throughout 4.4+:

1 Koshu Pork,15 Yellow Scrip, 2500-5000 gil
2 Dravanian Paprika, level 60 - 7 per venture 50 minutes, 2000 NQ - 7500 HQ gil, 14k per venture
2 Dzemael Tomato, level 50 - 9 per venture 40 minutes, 500 NQ - 500 HQ gil, 4.5k per venture
1 Gagana Egg, level 60 - 10 per venture 60 minutes, 800 NQ - 900 HQ gil, 8k per venture
1 Dragon Pepper, level 35 - 30 per venture 40 minutes, 200 NQ - 1500 HQ gil, 6k per venture
1 Thyme, level 40 - 30 per venture 40 minutes, 300 NQ - 950 HQ gil, 9k per venture

Shakshouka: 8200 HQ x 3 = 26000 gil - tax
Mats: 8800 gil
Matcha HQ: 5200 gil (30 min timer)
Craftsman Cunning Tea HQ: 3000 gil (15 min timer)

Net: +9000 gil for first stack of 3

Rate: 36 per 30 min
312000 - 20000 (1 matcha, 2 teas) = +292k net (potentially) for babysitting crafting macros for 30 min.

Or be lazy like me and fill holes in the MB and be fine with a steady rate of volume and setting your own price for mats per swing:

Jesus those prices. I love Balmung but take a digit off of each of those prices and you're closer to what all of those items go for.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
all of those are numbers from Excalibur right now lol

the screenshot is the sale history from a few weeks ago when i noticed nobody was selling paprika, electrum ore, and sugar beets

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Phone posted:

all of those are numbers from Excalibur right now lol

Lucky. Balmung is a buyers market. So crowded the prices are low as heck on most stuff, but it's not easy to make decent or consistent gil if you're not an established bleeding edge crafter.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Mordiceius posted:

I hope we get some good Nero shenanigans in ShB. He's my favorite goofball.

I hope he once again unlocks the Crystal Tower and then jumps into another portal.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Now that I'm sort of starting to understand what's going on in Doman Mahjong, I kinda like it. Is there anywhere I could, like, play it on my phone or switch or laptop while in dungeon queues :v:

(I suppose I could learn to use Tenhou or whatever it is but anything non-English just goes in one ear and out my other :saddowns:)

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kaubocks posted:

after beating o11s my static has declined to attempt o12s and instead have been working on o4s for the mount

gotta say this fight sucks poo poo as a machinist

(in before someone says every fight sucks poo poo as machinist)

Black holes under the cloak can suck it.

Rastan Beeza
Apr 3, 2016

Pancakes and vegetables are an important part of a dragon's daily diet.
I wonder if Nidhogg (Ultimate) fight could combine it and Vishap for a phase.

What Ultimates would goons like to see in the future?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I really want to see Ulimate Garleans and Ultimate KotR

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Ultimate Moggle Mog

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Kobata posted:

The fun part of elemental bonus gear is that it's a fixed bonus, so while it's still a pretty big help in Hydatos it basically more than doubles your stats in Anemos. It's incredibly absurd in the older areas, it's just kinda sad you can't get it until you're basically done with Eureka because it makes soloing actually amazingly feasible.

You really notice it when you go back to make more weapons.

Hitting top DPS in light farming parties on AST might get old one day, but it hasn't yet :v:

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Ultimate Triad + Kefka at some point. Ultimate Four Lords, maybe?

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

livia sas junius ultimate: magitek hands reloaded

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Countblanc posted:

Ultimate Moggle Mog
Good God, Moggle Mog!

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

rematch against Amon in a new instance called The Cask

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

FactsAreUseless posted:

Good God, Moggle Mog!

This would have been the obvious third ARR ultimate but I'm assuming they'll move on to HW ones instead.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Still want to see Ultimate Garleans: Rhytain's Revenge.

For SB raids, I also think O3S deserves an honorable mention. Haley just has so much crazy poo poo going on at any given moment and by the time you finish the fight without dying you really feel like you earned it.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

ImpAtom posted:

I really want to see Ulimate Garleans and Ultimate KotR

I want Ultimate Brute Justice, complete with full gobbie sentai and Ultimate Garleans.

But also Ultimate triad could lead to some hilarious stage fuckery,

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I want Ultimate Brute Justice, complete with full gobbie sentai and Ultimate Garleans.

Having to stage slide into the right spots to dodge Soar and position for green/orange tethers :unsmigghh:

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I hit MCH 60 last night and threw on the vendor gear.

MCH glams are the best.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Hyper Inferno posted:

I regularly show a friend who plays WoW the fights in FFXIV to show off interesting mechanics or just general coolness factor.

In general, the primals are some of the best spectacles IMO, with each of them having something really cool from their wacky transitions (sword catching, bullet hell, DDR) to a mechanical gimmick (black/white, Simon says) but most importantly, being easy enough to just queue into and be assured I can show off the stuff live instead of just pulling up a YouTube video.

While 4S may have the coolest transition, 5S is by far my favorite fight in terms of overall presentation. The general absurdity of fighting a train, dealing with an attack literally called "Head-On", boarding another train and getting captured by ghosts, that fight has it all.

And they've still not applied for WoW refugee status yet?

DizzyBum posted:

Really, the only misstep with the Phantom Train fight is that no suplexes are involved.

This.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

DizzyBum posted:

Really, the only misstep with the Phantom Train fight is that no suplexes are involved.

The lack of suplexes is mitigated somewhat by rarely getting Seigfried in your ghost car.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i was curious about all the talk of Hello, World so I went and watched a guide for O12S and

:stonklol:

i love it

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

EponymousMrYar posted:

The lack of suplexes is mitigated somewhat by rarely getting Seigfried in your ghost car.

:aaaaa: I've never seen him show up and I never knew about this until now. That's amazing.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

EponymousMrYar posted:

Didn't know about this. XIV is a good game.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Always wondered why some folks completed the ghost car sequence so much faster than me, then I got Siegfried and he went down in 1 hit.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

EponymousMrYar posted:

What

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

y'know i would be lying if i left my actual favorite MCH glamour out in the cold so here it is, i don't even care if it's the standard artifact gear, it owns

plus i found a cool gun that matches

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

New samurai limit break just for this fight only:

you are required to bring a samurai to do the fight.

Ultimate Brute Justice's tankbuster:

LITERALLY MY FETISH fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Apr 13, 2019

Geddy Krueger
Apr 24, 2008
I completed the Crystal Tower quesltline on an alt today and I have some half-baked speculation. Gonna spoiler since it involves the 4.56 quests.

I think it's G'raha from the future. We know he was waiting for technology to advance further but we don't know the precise condition. There was another Calamity, probably Light-based here on the Source, that reactivated the tower like it did in our time, and things are super hosed. In the trailer the narrator mentions the passage of time since a specific date and allowing history to be unwritten so I'm thinking maybe he's going to give up on the Allagan dream of making the tower a beacon of progress. It appeared in the First because he tried to use the tower's power to get rid of it, or he tried to open a rift to a World of Light. The World of Darkness is part of the Void, right? The Void is the thirteenth shard, which fell to darkness and we've already traveled there via rift and we definitely didn't die then. I think this also explains the crystallization of his arm. It makes me think of a Light-based version of what happened to Nero in WoD, but progressing more slowly since G'raha isn't as severely injured as Nero was.

Idk, a lot of this occurred to me while going through the quests and I'm probably off base with some of my facts. I'm sure most or all of this will wind up being wrong but I'm having fun thinking about it. Either way I would love more Nero, and I'm super excited for the Eden raid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Thundarr posted:

Still want to see Ultimate Garleans: Rhytain's Revenge.

For SB raids, I also think O3S deserves an honorable mention. Haley just has so much crazy poo poo going on at any given moment and by the time you finish the fight without dying you really feel like you earned it.
A raid where Rhitatyn and the All My Namedays dude from SB team up to annihilate you.