Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Endorph posted:

You honestly probably lose the same amount of days in both games, but P3 and P4 tended to give actual reasons versus just Morgana telling you to go to bed because.

https://youtu.be/PHKc-YXVBhM

I just enjoy posting this any chance I can get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
They already announced P5R is "The Royal" what are you guys doing with these expired jokes

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
that's just in france, the US release will be called persona 5 with cheese

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Feels Villeneuve posted:

that's just in france, the US release will be called persona 5 with cheese

Because of the metric system?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Xad posted:

They already announced P5R is "The Royal" what are you guys doing with these expired jokes

poasting

Onomarchus
Jun 4, 2005

The Switch version of P5 (if that's what P5S is) will replace False Detective Akechi with Detective...Sonic the Hedgehog.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Onomarchus posted:

The Switch version of P5 (if that's what P5S is) will replace False Detective Akechi with Detective...Sonic the Hedgehog.

There’s already a Sonic outfit for Morgana in P5D...

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Switch version of Goro's persona is detective Pikachu, complete with Ryan Reynolds voice acting.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

seiferguy posted:

Switch version of Goro's persona is detective Pikachu, complete with Ryan Reynolds voice acting.

BRB, buying a Switch immediately

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

seiferguy posted:

In P5S, Robin Hood now wears a spooky purple coat with eyes all over it and specializes in Agi, Zio, and Garu spells.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that
For some reason that reminded me of something.

Was anyone else incredibly disappointed when Ann shouts "CARMEN!" and it didn't turn out to be Carmen Sandiego? I was positively giddy for a few seconds before discovering that it was in fact not that.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Haru's Persona should've been Sans

Onomarchus
Jun 4, 2005

Kaza42 posted:

Was anyone else incredibly disappointed when Ann shouts "CARMEN!" and it didn't turn out to be Carmen Sandiego? I was positively giddy for a few seconds before discovering that it was in fact not that.

That possibility never occurred to me, but I don't mind since I like the Bizet opera well enough. (Didn't know that Carmen wasn't original to the opera; thank you Wikipedia.)

I am disappointed that Johanna is some apocryphal Popess and not Johanna the Sweeney Todd (OK, originally String of Pearls) character, though I guess that wouldn't fit with the picaresque hero/heroine thing P5 is going for. (Though I'm not sure how much Pope Joan does.) And Carmen Sandiego actually would fit that well, probably just as well as Carmen in fact. Come to think of it, Carmen Sandiego could have been named after the opera/novella character.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

They wouldn't be able to use Carmen Sandiego for copyright reasons.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Onomarchus posted:

Come to think of it, Carmen Sandiego could have been named after the opera/novella character.

Could have, but a quick googling turns out she's named after Carmen Miranda, and also a St. Bernard who may have been named after the opera character.

https://kotaku.com/the-making-of-carmen-sandiego-1804490410

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Don't know anything about the source, curious how this collection of alleged leaks about P5R, P5S and a fighting spin-off looks to y'all.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the only thing in there that i might not have otherwise guessed is that they suggest theres a female MC in addition to the new female char in the trailer. other than that its pretty much a list of what i would guess each game to be by title alone

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Don't know anything about the source, curious how this collection of alleged leaks about P5R, P5S and a fighting spin-off looks to y'all.

Well darn, if all of this is true I'm going to have to buy the remake...ya got me again Atlus!

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

The real question is if they're going to remove the "check out these weirdo gays who are pedophiles! lol!" poo poo or go the Catherine route and double-down on the terrible.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

lol if they have both an updated rerelease and a switch version of the base game with original content, gently caress this game

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

I've never heard of them before either. It definitely has the whiff of bullshit about it, but at the same time, almost nothing they're saying would be at all surprising.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Arist posted:

lol if they have both an updated rerelease and a switch version of the base game with original content, gently caress this game

Right? Put the new version on the switch you maniacs

If you're gonna make me go through mementos again please God at least make it portable

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

Endorph posted:

You honestly probably lose the same amount of days in both games, but P3 and P4 tended to give actual reasons versus just Morgana telling you to go to bed because.

Yes, but those reasons tended to be "you feel tired tonight, you should rest"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I mean, legitimately, the framing difference between the protagonist deciding on his own that he felt tired versus a random third party yelling it at you has a huge role on how the player perceives it.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
if anything it's better to have it done via Morgana because the player can then channel their annoyance at a specific character rather than directing it at the game system itself

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Feels Villeneuve posted:

if anything it's better to have it done via Morgana because the player can then channel their annoyance at a specific character rather than directing it at the game system itself

Morgana was my good friend and kept me from getting too exhausted. Top tier confidant

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Iunno, going by reactions to P5 compared to other games it's pretty clear that isn't the case. When you personify it it becomes more annoying because it feels more arbitrary. Like, in P3/P4 it was your character feeling too tired, which fair enough. In P5 it's Morgana deciding that you're tired for you, which you're obviously gonna respond to with 'no I wanna do stuff.'

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
It probably doesn't help Morgana was completely terrible in a variety of other ways.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
I hope its a dlc (that can be bought standalone) and it's just exclusive to ps4 for a while and will come to switch eventually

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Not a chance.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

P4 is the best out of the three games at framing the ways in which you miss out on days. In P5, the key element of annoyance is that Morgana is actively stopping you from doing something you want to do. The game gives you control of the character, then forces you to walk over to the bed, and if you try and go somewhere else like to hang out with friends, it's Morgana telling you not to do that. Why they didn't just skip the part where you're given the hope that you might get to go out in favor of just skipping to the next day is beyond me. The only time Persona 4 does this is on the very first night - if you watch the Giant Bomb P4 playthrough, Vinny examines like every single item in the room while Jeff reads the game's prompt of "You feel tired from the long trip, it would be best if you went to bed early today" progressively louder every time and louder until he's basically yelling. The thing that sticks out to me in retrospect is that they never do this again. Every time the game expects you to go to bed, it's because you have nothing else you could be doing. No job, no nighttime social links outside the house, no way to raise your stats at a coffee shop, you just...go to bed because you don't have anything else to do. Once you get those options, the game stops preventing you from doing things at night, even letting you do things on Midnight Channel nights. But, all the days you're forced to skip over are primarily in the beginning of the game where you've got nothing to do anyways, so you don't feel the same sense of missing out. P5, comparatively, lets you get outside and wander around very early in the game, and spreads the nights where you can't do anything much more evenly across the entire game, so you can never go too long without forgetting how annoying it is to be told to go to bed.

screaden
Apr 8, 2009

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

P4 is the best out of the three games at framing the ways in which you miss out on days. In P5, the key element of annoyance is that Morgana is actively stopping you from doing something you want to do. The game gives you control of the character, then forces you to walk over to the bed, and if you try and go somewhere else like to hang out with friends, it's Morgana telling you not to do that. Why they didn't just skip the part where you're given the hope that you might get to go out in favor of just skipping to the next day is beyond me. The only time Persona 4 does this is on the very first night - if you watch the Giant Bomb P4 playthrough, Vinny examines like every single item in the room while Jeff reads the game's prompt of "You feel tired from the long trip, it would be best if you went to bed early today" progressively louder every time and louder until he's basically yelling. The thing that sticks out to me in retrospect is that they never do this again. Every time the game expects you to go to bed, it's because you have nothing else you could be doing. No job, no nighttime social links outside the house, no way to raise your stats at a coffee shop, you just...go to bed because you don't have anything else to do. Once you get those options, the game stops preventing you from doing things at night, even letting you do things on Midnight Channel nights. But, all the days you're forced to skip over are primarily in the beginning of the game where you've got nothing to do anyways, so you don't feel the same sense of missing out. P5, comparatively, lets you get outside and wander around very early in the game, and spreads the nights where you can't do anything much more evenly across the entire game, so you can never go too long without forgetting how annoying it is to be told to go to bed.

I think that is what makes it feel worse, the only possible reason I can think of them doing that is to give you a chance to save, weirdly I think it would be more annoying if it popped up with an option to save during each calendar transition

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

What if they just let you do stuff on more days? I don't need to waste an entire day because I am going to the buffet tomorrow or whatever.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

cheesetriangles posted:

What if they just let you do stuff on more days? I don't need to waste an entire day because I am going to the buffet tomorrow or whatever.

You’re going to need your energy to bring me a bag of fatty tuna. Why not go to sleep?

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Enjoy your high-res render of Joker for Smash

Clicky

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Enjoy your high-res render of Joker for Smash

Clicky

And here's said render with a bunch of alts based on other games and one that's straight up Akechi.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
or just watch the trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmuTGcbu4Kc

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

hell yeah I was hoping they'd use the all-out attack

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
His alt costumes have been revealed and there's no female MC variant.

https://nintendoeverything.com/super-smash-bros-ultimate-joker-screenshots-a-look-at-alternate-costumes/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

So for Joker's debut in Smash Kotaku UK celebrated by claiming the lyrics to "Wake Up, Get Up, Get Out There" include the word "retarded".