Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Sorbus posted:

This also, gently caress having money.

I have the 1080 ti as well, it's a great card. I highly recommend a high refresh rate monitor, especially one with adaptive sync like GSYNC. It was a game-changer, pun intended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sorbus
Apr 1, 2010

big mean giraffe posted:

I have the 1080 ti as well, it's a great card. I highly recommend a high refresh rate monitor, especially one with adaptive sync like GSYNC. It was a game-changer, pun intended.

Yeah my problems started when I bought a 1440p 144hz Gsync monitor last year. Moving goalposts etc.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Nur_Neerg posted:

Work gives me a fitness reimbursement I use to buy shoes, so Ultraboosts!

I wanna lol because those appear to be the GoT editions, but gently caress if they don't look pretty sharp.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians

ReidRansom posted:

I wanna lol because those appear to be the GoT editions, but gently caress if they don't look pretty sharp.

Yeah they're definitely GoT editions, but they were the same MSRP as the other Ultraboosts, and I like the colorways more.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Are they actually good for running/exercise?

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Sorbus posted:

Great card, but an Nvidia card that's red just feels...wrong

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Sorbus posted:

If you hate money so much, why didn't you get the 2080 Ti? :thunk:

Bape Culture posted:

Idgi. They’re from KW Germany
Eh, never mind, the weird overlay made it seem like something some AE sellers do on their photos for some reason.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

mobby_6kl posted:

I found a 2080 on sale for $1080. That tickles my fancy.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Bought some books to add to the collection that I already don't have time to read

And a Wahoo ELEMNT GPS Bike Computer

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Dewgy posted:

drat I bet you could really stand on that thing...

Confirmed:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WRbfm87c9jc

Digital Jedi posted:

I see I’m not the only one reading the cycling thread, haha. Just bought the same unit!

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Digital Jedi posted:

Bought some books to add to the collection that I already don't have time to read

Adrian Goldsworthy is good and he has a billion other books about Rome too.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Got this set of handmade bike bags for the new bike. Tons of capacity, super light, handmade by a dude in his garage in CA. $200 for the set as opposed to about $550 from a big name in the industry :stare:

Sorbus
Apr 1, 2010

mobby_6kl posted:

Bought this used for 600 EUR (ridiculous I know) - 2080 Ti would cost around 1400 EUR new and that is way too much for not that big bump to FPS.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Bike dynamo hub powered light and usb hub for electronics so I can power my phone, camera, and gps while riding.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Bottom Liner posted:

Got this set of handmade bike bags for the new bike. Tons of capacity, super light, handmade by a dude in his garage in CA. $200 for the set as opposed to about $550 from a big name in the industry :stare:

Does he have a website? I live in CA and need some new bike bags, tbh.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

1redflag posted:

Does he have a website? I live in CA and need some new bike bags, tbh.

https://urbandesert1.wixsite.com/urbandesert

and his ebay page

https://www.ebay.com/usr/urban_desert?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Bottom Liner posted:

God drat. I paid so much more than that for my Revelate/Salsa setup, and yours look just as nice.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

SpartanIvy posted:

God drat. I paid so much more than that for my Revelate/Salsa setup, and yours look just as nice.

Yeah seriously, if they're as nice as my friend says I'm selling all my Revelate stuff. I wanted all new bags for the tour divide with the expectation that anything I take will get trashed, so this is cheap enough to not worry about but apparently the same materials and great craftsmanship.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
All my friends are moving to off-road bikes while my trek road bike is all I’ve got. There aren’t even any bars in the woods, what gives?

What I’m saying is I think I have to get a mountain bike and your posts aren’t helping.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

You carry whiskey INTO the woods man. And bonus when you crash on dirt it doesnt hurt as much (just watch out for the trees).

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Rolo posted:

All my friends are moving to off-road bikes while my trek road bike is all I’ve got. There aren’t even any bars in the woods, what gives?

What I’m saying is I think I have to get a mountain bike and your posts aren’t helping.

I replaced my Trek road bike with my Salsa Warbird and it's been a great choice. If you're doing serious road riding then keeping a road bike makes sense but an adventure/gravel bike is way more my riding style which is to ride mostly on lovely roads and sometimes take trails around town that go through gravel, grass, dirt, etc. The biggest downside is it's an expensive bike and so I always keep it locked up and within sight when I'm bar hopping.

Going tubeless alone is worth it. I haven't had a flat since I did and the ride is SO much smoother.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I’ll keep the road bike, there’s a section of the city I live in with a wide, separated bike lane and it’s therapeutic for me to go putz around and eat/drink around town.

I do want something I could integrate into some of the areas I already like to hike/camp in though.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
I had a road bike but got in a wreck and replaced it with a 6ku hybrid and it's been great.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

colas posted:

Are they actually good for running/exercise?

I find ultraboosts super comfortable for everyday use, I haven't used em for running cuz they feel a bit unstable for me though.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Casu Marzu posted:

I find ultraboosts super comfortable for everyday use, I haven't used em for running cuz they feel a bit unstable for me though.

What do you use for running? Are they more stable?

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Queen Combat posted:

I had a road bike but got in a wreck and replaced it with a 6ku hybrid and it's been great.

This is the first I’ve heard of them, but it looks perfect for a coworker of mine trying to find a good hybrid bike in the sub 300$ range. Anything you don’t like about it?

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
No, not really at all. I mean, the tires it came with are kinda poo poo? But everything else has been great - the single gear they chose is a great compromise between speed and ease of use on hills, it comes with a flip flop hub, and the spokes were all tensioned properly out of the box.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

colas posted:

What do you use for running? Are they more stable?

Currently running in Nike Zoom Structure 22s, pretty good, one of the few Nikes I found that come in extra wide. Super stable, my foot feels super planted every step.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Beast wars optimus prime?

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

matcha / cactus flower candle

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Not my picture but I found this like-new Gold Coast GT-400 tripod for $4 at goodwill. Seems solid, just had to buy a new quick release plate.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Michael's was having that dumbass one day sale on frames, so picked some up, and some black canvases and black/gray gesso.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Queen Combat posted:

Beast wars optimus prime?

New version from a more recent toylike, with a crown and scepter

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
A stupid argument over Lemmy in another thread reminded me that I got an amazing shirt the other day:

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
drat does that shirt come in anything that isn’t black? I hate black T-shirt’s but I love that.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
It does, but it's a Motorhead-derived shirt so you're kinda obligated to get it in black. A dark grey or charcoal is acceptable.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Rolo posted:

I hate black T-shirt’s

why do you hate black t-shirts? I'm getting sick of them because they're all I wear, also my beard dandruff shows whenever I scratch it.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

colas posted:

why do you hate black t-shirts? I'm getting sick of them because they're all I wear, also my beard dandruff shows whenever I scratch it.

Shampoo your beard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

colas posted:

Go get some Cremo beard wash. You can find it at target or walmart.