Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Gutcruncher posted:

Hey guys here’s a wacky idea.

When your actor dies between films, recast. Don’t use scraps of unused footage, don’t turn them into a cgi cartoon, recast. Audiences aren’t so retarded that they won’t understand “oh character is another actor now I guess oh well”

That's so 20th century.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Gutcruncher posted:

Hey guys here’s a wacky idea.

When your actor dies between films, recast. Don’t use scraps of unused footage, don’t turn them into a cgi cartoon, recast. Audiences aren’t so retarded that they won’t understand “oh character is another actor now I guess oh well”

Or just gently write them out of the story

I honestly blame the Sopranos for this, that old woman died and it was the most awkward poo poo ever to watch some CGI’d mess spew ADR lines off camera but everyone ran with it cause you can’t say “gently caress the tribute to this old lady this was complete poo poo”

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Colonel Cancer posted:

The trashcan robot and the little mouse bot better make an appearance! Also another fat slug thing and tentacle hole and trash octopus imo

Is mace windu really dead? I didn’t see a body. :colbert:

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

I hope BB-8 chases around a girl robot, let's call her DD-8, with some rockin robot titties for comic relief

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
Are there so many "rise of x" film titles because producers don't like using anything outside the 250 most common English words for titles and that's the only one on the list that hints at a plot?

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

:chloe:

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
I never really read much of the Star Wars extended universe, but I heard (on this forum!) that, because it was all so vague and and amorphous, some of the authors would get into these retcon wars because they totally didn't like each other's books. One author had a giant Mandalorian fetish or something, and wrote about how awesome they were. And another one really hated everything about that, and would just flat out write books saying, no, what you read in that other book didn't really happen like that, here's what really went down. And they'd go back and forth like that.

lol that it's happening in the actual movies now.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

Xaintrailles posted:

Are there so many "rise of x" film titles because producers don't like using anything outside the 250 most common English words for titles and that's the only one on the list that hints at a plot?

https://phrasegenerator.com/actionmovies

I asked the oracle and came up with Star Wars episode IX: Inferno of Risk

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Star Wars: gently caress me? No, Rian Johnson, gently caress you!

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

I never really read much of the Star Wars extended universe, but I heard (on this forum!) that, because it was all so vague and and amorphous, some of the authors would get into these retcon wars because they totally didn't like each other's books. One author had a giant Mandalorian fetish or something, and wrote about how awesome they were. And another one really hated everything about that, and would just flat out write books saying, no, what you read in that other book didn't really happen like that, here's what really went down. And they'd go back and forth like that.

lol that it's happening in the actual movies now.

lol pretty much

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

Mandarrrrrk! Bring me the head of Dexter and Dee Dee shall forever be yours!
Star Wars: Retcon of Johnson

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene

hevnz 2 murgatroyd posted:

Luke was loving that green milk elephant morning, noon and night and produced many horrible little milk Jedis
:hmmyes:

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

if they bring the emperor back in sw 9 then star wars will be good again.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
I like Star Wars and I like this trilogy, but what I like even more is nerds getting angry about star wars.

Today has been a good day on both ends

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I'll see this movie and then forget about it the next work day. Disney is releasing their new streamin app though, so we can get the star wars the TV series.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
They should just make it a big pay-per-view cage match between Abrams and Johnson and add some CGI monsters in the background. At least that way this hundred-million-dollar slapfight would be entertaining.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Star wars. Start wars never changes.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

The actor doesn’t even need to die

Like, they changed Iron Man’s Black Buddy from one film to the next, no acknowledgement whatsoever, and everyone was Iike “yeah that guys cool”

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
I look forward to streaming this film from a dodgy Chinese website one night to play in the background while I game on my tablet.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
More like Skycocker lol.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

504 posted:

I look forward to streaming this film from a dodgy Chinese website one night to play in the background while I game on my tablet.

The only way to enjoy cinema afaik

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

935 posted:

I hope BB-8 chases around a girl robot, let's call her DD-8, with some rockin robot titties for comic relief

I'd settle for a robot named DD-D getting made King of the Star Wars.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
drat, I had assumed the guy who played Palpatine in Jedi was dead but nope. He's 75 years old and may die on-set, but he's still kicking around.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
At the start of the movie Palpatine wakes up and the previous two episodes were just a dream.

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Pokémon Go to the Star Wars

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Avengers: EndGame of Star Wars

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Giant_Pupils posted:

drat, I had assumed the guy who played Palpatine in Jedi was dead but nope. He's 75 years old and may die on-set, but he's still kicking around.

Yeah how the gently caress did Carrie Fisher manage to die before Ian McDiarmid

its drugs but still

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

skasion posted:

Yeah how the gently caress did Carrie Fisher manage to die before Ian McDiarmid

its drugs but still

There are rumors that he was trained by a master who managed to cheat death...

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Star Wars X: Star Peaces

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

"Wrap it up nerds, a real man doesn't watch Star Wars ever" :smuggo:

https://twitter.com/OfWudan/status/1116797166742323200

Hairy Busey
Jan 5, 2019

by FactsAreUseless

Xaintrailles posted:

Easier to translate into Chinese

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Whats the over/under on them making Star Wars X: We're Bringing Back Vader Cause We Got Nothing Else?

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Bogus Adventure posted:

There are rumors that he was trained by a master who managed to cheat death...

Is it possible to learn this power?

Hairy Busey
Jan 5, 2019

by FactsAreUseless

skasion posted:

Is it possible to learn this power?

Not from The Last Jedi...

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

DemoneeHo posted:

"Wrap it up nerds, a real man doesn't watch Star Wars ever" :smuggo:

https://twitter.com/OfWudan/status/1116797166742323200

I wish I had more money for hookers :(

Hairy Busey
Jan 5, 2019

by FactsAreUseless

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

I wish I had more money for hookers :(

Stop buying video games

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

The slapfight between chud fascists and woke neoliberal corporatists over Star Wars is some straight up late capital bullshit lol

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Hairy Busey posted:

Stop buying video games

no

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
im so trd of thes star nwas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hairy Busey
Jan 5, 2019

by FactsAreUseless

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

The slapfight between chud fascists and woke neoliberal corporatists over Star Wars is some straight up late capital bullshit lol

I identify as Yoda: a gross little man who lives in a swamp and trolls both sides