Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Some sailor is whining that the people smoking weed outside his hotel may give him a contact high so if he fails a drug test tomorrow it’s not his fault.

Ok 1) No. This isn’t a Cheech and Chong movie.

2) Way to tell everyone you smoked weed last night dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gray Matter
Apr 20, 2009

There's something inside your head..

LingcodKilla posted:

Some sailor is whining that the people smoking weed outside his hotel may give him a contact high so if he fails a drug test tomorrow it’s not his fault.

Ok 1) No. This isn’t a Cheech and Chong movie.

2) Way to tell everyone you smoked weed last night dude.
It is 2019, surely there can't still be people that legitimately believe "contact high" is an actual thing that happens?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Gray Matter posted:

It is 2019, surely there can't still be people that legitimately believe "contact high" is an actual thing that happens?

He shipmated me in text form when I replied “lol you will be ok”

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Gray Matter posted:

If I locked you in a closet with me and smoked like the driest, smokiest blunt and we stayed in there for 20 minutes you might feel something.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

EBB posted:

If I locked you in a closet with me and smoked like the driest, smokiest blunt and we stayed in there for 20 minutes you might feel something.

I’d feel something alright! 20 minutes in heaven yowie!

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

LingcodKilla posted:

It never ceases to surprise me how much more useful random goons can be over my NOSC. I started my trip for two months in a holiday inn then switched to the gateway inn on base to get rid of my commute for the last three months.

I’ll see what I can do but I don’t have high hopes.

We're a bunch of angry idiots but being a run of the mill idiot is still a few bar clears above navy admin.

Jimmy4400nav posted:

Not sure if him or Richardson might be in trouble or not, but the latest ProPublica didn't have a lot of good things to say about the CNO regarding the Navy's handling of the collisions.

Which is really saying something because as far as I could tell Richardson was one of the better CNO's this decade?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

LingcodKilla posted:

I’d feel something alright! 20 minutes in heaven yowie!

if you bring a boiled pot of crabs i will bring the old bay and we will do disgusting things in the dark

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Lol all hands at the NOSC has devolved into a mess in record time.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

Lol all hands at the NOSC has devolved into a mess in record time.

Any good dumb questions?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Nick Soapdish posted:

Any good dumb questions?

Thankfully no.

However we (enlisted) are not allowed to leave the building until you do mandatory pee pee test.

I just got in line and it’s a hour wait minimum.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Hmm if i came back in as a jag i’d start as an o-3 over 6 years in pay. I’d make significantly more in base pay than any job i’ve been able to find not even counting bah and such.

Med waivers are easy to get for prior service and I got my hip fixed so i’m actually fine now.

Downside is I couldn’t apply until next year at the earliest. Guess i have a year to see if i can make anything of being a lawyer.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

Hmm if i came back in as a jag i’d start as an o-3 over 6 years in pay. I’d make significantly more in base pay than any job i’ve been able to find not even counting bah and such.

Med waivers are easy to get for prior service and I got my hip fixed so i’m actually fine now.

Downside is I couldn’t apply until next year at the earliest. Guess i have a year to see if i can make anything of being a lawyer.

I suppose being a JAG can't be worse than being a SWO. Look forward to hearing about the many divorce talks you have with Sailors or correcting barrack lawyers

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Mr. Nice! posted:

Or you could go be the Deli manager at Publix.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

EBB posted:

if you bring a boiled pot of crabs i will bring the old bay and we will do disgusting things in the dark

oh he'll give you crabs alright

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

simplefish posted:

oh he'll give you crabs alright

My snippy bois only make you itch if you are allergic to shellfish.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Mr. Nice! posted:

Yeah but we wouldn't get such in depth analysis of the Robert Kraft "incident"

Which it's very cool of you giving everyone updates

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
I am asking my Shipmates to also ask Mr. Nice! to come back as a JAG as I've been telling him to do since he became a lawyer.

Non happiness transfer answer - there's tons of terrible Sailors please come help :(

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I mean if you spent all that money on a law degree and can't get a job coming back as a JAG would be infinitely better than SWO, but eh.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Force master chief is saying we are one destroyer away from total mobilization. Lot of gloomy talk.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

Force master chief is saying we are one destroyer away from total mobilization. Lot of gloomy talk.

What? I don't understand this.

Also, need to take the Rosie the Riveter decision to keep our manpower from zero for picking Total Mobilization.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Nick Soapdish posted:

What? I don't understand this.

Also, need to take the Rosie the Riveter decision to keep our manpower from zero for picking Total Mobilization.

Near peer battle lose.

Also a chaplain just complained about some travel issues with a class(preparing for war in the pacific) he took in Hawaii.
Wtf

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
Looks like a murder/suicide by sailor with a Japanese woman in Okinawa. It's on CNN but I'm too lazy to link.

Here comes the big blue weenie FDNF-J.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

I'VE BEEN HERE 5 loving DAYS

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

maffew buildings posted:

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

*inhale*

AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

maffew buildings posted:

Condolences.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

I was telling my guys "lockdown will happen, be advised we will pay for others actions" and WELP. Last time I was under 7th took a few weeks at least, though

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Link:

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/04/13/wo...Fwww.google.com

e: There was a minor (unharmed) in the apt too when they discovered the scene

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I might get an offer for a really high profile job next week. i’ll be doing free legal aid for the poorest people in my city. I’ll also have a lot of outreach and be the public face of the program. I’m going to be on the radio and tv with some frequency. I figure if I can’t turn a year of that into something more lucrative than jag, i’m going to put a serious look in to it. But I mean, I’d start as an LT with 7 years in pay wise. I’m struggling to break 60k without benefits. JAG is literally the highest paying potential job for me unless I kick rear end at this next job and someone wants to give me a bunch of money (doubtful).

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Also get rekt seabees.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Yeah normally we don't need external help for that one

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.

Mr. Nice! posted:

I might get an offer for a really high profile job next week. i’ll be doing free legal aid for the poorest people in my city. I’ll also have a lot of outreach and be the public face of the program. I’m going to be on the radio and tv with some frequency. I figure if I can’t turn a year of that into something more lucrative than jag, i’m going to put a serious look in to it. But I mean, I’d start as an LT with 7 years in pay wise. I’m struggling to break 60k without benefits. JAG is literally the highest paying potential job for me unless I kick rear end at this next job and someone wants to give me a bunch of money (doubtful).

You consider going Fed so your mil time counts?

Gray Matter
Apr 20, 2009

There's something inside your head..

ManMythLegend posted:

Looks like a murder/suicide by sailor with a Japanese woman in Okinawa. It's on CNN but I'm too lazy to link.

Here comes the big blue weenie FDNF-J.
AT in Yokosuka next month, I swear to God if you ADs gently caress 7th fleet up for me again...

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Evil SpongeBob posted:

Fed stuff requires more experience than I have, is almost exclusively in DC for lawyer work, and doesn’t pay as well as jag for places I would qualify.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Gray Matter posted:

AT in Yokosuka next month, I swear to God if you ADs gently caress 7th fleet up for me again...

Hey nerd I'm still salty about the two Air Guardsmen on AT orders from Texas who decided to go out a rapin' less than 48 hours after arriving in Japan, a week before I arrived. My introduction to USFJ was "welcome to Japan, you're locked on base, fucko!"

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Evil SpongeBob posted:

That ain't cheap...usually worth it, though.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Evil SpongeBob posted:

Man I should really do the paperwork for that.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Gray Matter posted:

I felt like I was getting a contact high riding behind a group of stoners yesterday. Three of the four occupants of the vehicle were blazing up Cheech and Chong style and I was stuck behind them for ~5 miles or so on a twisty road. I wonder if DWI for smoking weed is a thing that CHP does now?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

I felt like I was getting a contact high riding behind a group of stoners yesterday. Three of the four occupants of the vehicle were blazing up Cheech and Chong style and I was stuck behind them for ~5 miles or so on a twisty road. I wonder if DWI for smoking weed is a thing that CHP does now?

My last speeding ticket in CA was a few years ago and the local pig was looking real close at my eyes after seeing the Five Guy's bag.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Mr. Nice! posted:

Get the gently caress out of florida man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Get the gently caress out of florida man