Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I remember pixel spots from BF1942. People found out exact pixels to aim at in the sky to strike specific spots with artillery pieces and self propelled howitzers. That might have been forgotten hope specific and not vanilla but I dunno.

Anyway I usually like the poo poo on PS4 krew but I respect your love of the field guns and I wish they were in beef five. I stand with you. This time.

I’ve tried doing aircraft talk ons in five but it’s tough. Plus I never seem to luck into a server without enemy fighters (still trying to level up the cool ground attack mosquito and junker variants we got weeks ago...). I guess one way to do it would be to make a GRG or grid out the map to a higher fidelity than what it is but :effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

FastestGunAlive posted:

I remember pixel spots from BF1942. People found out exact pixels to aim at in the sky to strike specific spots with artillery pieces and self propelled howitzers. That might have been forgotten hope specific and not vanilla but I dunno.

Cloud aiming the Allied spawn with the SCUD on 73 easting Desert Combat :)

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Never played desert combat actually. Was primarily FH for me. But bf five is pretty fun, we should play some time

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Really been enjoying firestorm. Was kinda iffy about it at first. There's more of a sense of urgency and danger. I like that there's friendly fire enabled for V1s and Artillery strikes, despite the fact that I accidentally called an arty strike on my squad last night and killed us...oops.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The way the loot tiers work in this is just so bad. Like, in other BR games there’s still a major element of loot luck but at least you can find attachments and build up a gun you like. In this there is abhigh chance you won’t ever find a good gun at all.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

veni veni veni posted:

The way the loot tiers work in this is just so bad. Like, in other BR games there’s still a major element of loot luck but at least you can find attachments and build up a gun you like. In this there is abhigh chance you won’t ever find a good gun at all.

You find better guns by killing, op

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Hot Diggity! posted:

You find better guns by killing, op

This, but unironically

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah lol better hope that guy had a good gun. The loot balance is not good.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
The guns have better recoil/accuracy/handling according to the standard rarity color scheme. I guess it sucks that you can pick the sight you want but it's basically the same as any other BR.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Hot Diggity! posted:

You find better guns by killing op

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

sunday at work posted:

The guns have better recoil/accuracy/handling according to the standard rarity color scheme. I guess it sucks that you can pick the sight you want but it's basically the same as any other BR.

Every BR game I’ve played lets you pick a sight. Which is PUBG Blackout and Apex.

Really that’s my biggest problem. So much long range engagement and I can’t see anything because 85% of the guns are just terrible iron sights. At least spawn optics on the ground so I feel like I have some sort of power to customize my experience.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Gonna hop on for a bit o firestorm if anyone wants to join in

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
great run of games this mornin with streyr spider, dog nougat, monostat and a good non-goon fella

couldnt get a good clip of spider carjacking a sturmtiger from a full squad, but i did get spider and mono's tragic encounter between their heli and a well placed pz38 round

https://youtu.be/rXzrU2pGcwY

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

vivisectvnv posted:

great run of games this mornin with streyr spider, dog nougat, monostat and a good non-goon fella

couldnt get a good clip of spider carjacking a sturmtiger from a full squad, but i did get spider and mono's tragic encounter between their heli and a well placed pz38 round

https://youtu.be/rXzrU2pGcwY

I'm proud of all you heroes.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Rumor mill: the PS5 specs that came out today appear to corroborate an earlier rumor about Bad Company 3 being in development. If it pans out, BC3 as a launch title for PS5 late next year.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

That would be bad rear end.

My buddy always goes on and on about how BC2 was the end all be all..

Anyways, How do we get firestorm Duos back? That poo poo ruled.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I was a huge BC2 fan, poo poo it's probably my second favorite multiplayer game ever, but even fans and Dice themselves seem to have a hard time articulating what made it so good, so I am not sure how much faith I have in them recapturing that again.

Personally I think the main thing that made it so good was cutting the player count in half and designing the maps with that in mind and not having too much feature bloat. Which I doubt Dice will have the balls to do in tyool 2019.

But hey, here's to hoping it's good.

The Bananana posted:

Anyways, How do we get firestorm Duos back? That poo poo ruled.

It's gone already? :wtf:

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Apr 18, 2019

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Grind is the worst game mode possible. Certainly lived up to it's name. Got that dumb carbine and never going back.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

dog nougat posted:

Grind is the worst game mode possible. Certainly lived up to it's name. Got that dumb carbine and never going back.

You're a brave man to play it at all

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

The Bananana posted:

You're a brave man to play it at all

Gotta get that Carbine.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Can't you just buy the weapon rewards for company coin the next week?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

sunday at work posted:

Can't you just buy the weapon rewards for company coin the next week?

Look at this rich dude over here

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Well....

I'll say it...

I kind of like Grind*.

*At least, with a full squad of my boyz, it's not *that* bad.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
It's definitely better w/ a full squad. Still pretty drat awful compared to any other mode. The only upside I can think of is it's super easy to grind out most assignments

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

It's like they made an entire mode out of B on Metro.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

This is trash. All the work this game needs and this is what they have to offer?

They didn't even give it a high ticket count. If you're going to make a meat grinder at least don't put me back at the loading screen every five minutes.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
Battlefield 1 is a better game than Battlefield 5

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

ThomasPaine posted:

Battlefield 1 is a better game than Battlefield 5

I disagree.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

They are both pretty weak compared to BC2-BF4 imo except BF1 actually had a fun campaign and BF5 has Firestorm which I like. Bring back modern BF or even better do a future one imo. I am already over the historic war resurgence. I want my pseudo sci fi doodads back.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

The historic war motif is what is dragging both 1 and 5 down. It sounds so loving ham fisted.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

El Jebus posted:

I disagree.

Hopefully 5 will improve as it's polished and gets more DLC, I got 1 way after everything was released so it's probably not a fair comparison.

The shooting is good and firestorm is cool but it just feels super limited by comparison - just Germans vs Brits seems pretty lame and I really hope we get some USSR flavoured eastern front maps, stuff with Italy, and some Pacific theatre bits. It feels like half of ww2 is just ignored. Also I'm not a fan of the new operations and you can't pick which one you want? I liked the map and the historical info/alt history bits before and after games.

5 isn't bad, it just feels kind of half finished.

ThomasPaine fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Apr 20, 2019

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am looking forward to getting my new gaming PC soon, it has a RTX 2070, which from my understand can't really handle Ray Tracing in BF5, but everything else will be perfect.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I’d be cool with almost an entire year of Germany v Britain if we were actually getting content. Plenty of weapons, battles, and vehicles they could add for these two nations, throughout the war. Instead we get bf one weapons ported over and we’ve gotten what two maps? Like, Monty vs Rommel is extremely dope but you just give us fukkin Hamada. That theater alone you have lots of vehicles and planes to implement. Plus plenty of different uniforms for cosmetics.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

FastestGunAlive posted:

I’d be cool with almost an entire year of Germany v Britain if we were actually getting content. Plenty of weapons, battles, and vehicles they could add for these two nations, throughout the war. Instead we get bf one weapons ported over and we’ve gotten what two maps? Like, Monty vs Rommel is extremely dope but you just give us fukkin Hamada. That theater alone you have lots of vehicles and planes to implement. Plus plenty of different uniforms for cosmetics.

Don’t even get me started on the lack of swastikas

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Lawl

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Y'all think there'll be a Normandy map eventually?

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
It’d be an obvious one to do. Yea that was played out when ww2 games where a dime a dozen ten years ago but it’s been a long time and we haven’t seen it in this gen’s technology. So no, they’ll just hit us with a more obscure battle, which would be cool except that it’ll be half assed (narvik)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Beastie posted:

Don’t even get me started on the lack of swastikas

That artwork was put into Anthem by mistake.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Battlefield 1985

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Rumor mill still churning: the guy who leaked BF1 originally called the next game as being Bad Company 3, with a WW2 game after. Speculation is someone wanted a modern setting game as the next gen launch title so V got moved up. I doubt Sony or MS would have the influence to make that call but it sounds like the kind of thing EA would pull and it would explain why V seems so rushed over all.