Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
i, for one, am Sick of all of thes Star War :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Like, they changed Iron Man’s Black Buddy from one film to the next, no acknowledgement whatsoever, and everyone was Iike “yeah that guys cool”
you dont understand the massive cgi budget required in every scene to make it look like terrence howard has an adult penis

Vakal
May 11, 2008

fakeaccount posted:

the world only needed 1 star wars movie. the only entity that needs any more star wars is Walt Disney's bank account.

What well loved original movie has ever been a one and done?

Who Framed Roger Rabbit and ET are the only ones that come to mind.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Titanic!

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Star Wars X Opening crawl:

The REPUBLIC has built the SPACE WALL, but Emperor Dolan Tro’m still hunts dirty rebels outside his grasp... etc etc

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
That isn't nearly derivative enough for Star Wars

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I can't remember poo poo about the second one other than they spent like four hours on a star destroyer for some reason. was brilliant plotting imo

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Vakal posted:

Who Framed Roger Rabbit and ET are the only ones that come to mind.

The Goonies, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Edward Scissorhands, the Breakfast Club, True Lies, Good Will Hunting, Up, District 9, Pulp Fiction, Beetlejuice, the Fifth Element, Galaxy Quest, Office Space, Labyrinth, Coming to America, Shaun of the Dead, Groundhog Day, The Professional, The Usual Suspects, Young Frankenstein, Blazing Saddles, The Sixth Sense, Inception, and Titanic.

Pretty sure there's more.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Tip posted:

The Goonies, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Edward Scissorhands, the Breakfast Club, True Lies, Good Will Hunting, Up, District 9, Pulp Fiction, Beetlejuice, the Fifth Element, Galaxy Quest, Office Space, Labyrinth, Coming to America, Shaun of the Dead, Groundhog Day, The Professional, The Usual Suspects, Young Frankenstein, Blazing Saddles, The Sixth Sense, Inception, and Titanic.

I bet a bunch of these have a remake/reboot or script in various stages of production

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

fakeaccount posted:

I want to quote this a million times

the world only needed 1 star wars movie. the only entity that needs any more star wars is Walt Disney's bank account.

And that movie was Empire Strikes Back

star war beta max
Sep 26, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Applewhite posted:

And that movie was Empire Strikes Back

I think you mean Redtails

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

Chrs Gry posted:

Bit of a spoiler in the title don’t you think considering all the established Skywalkers are dead

The title refers to Kylo Ren.

And the internet will complain about film stealing the title from Rey when it's released.

star war beta max
Sep 26, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Kylo Rens last name is Solo

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
It used to be Skywalker but one day at school he was sitting alone at lunch so the lunch monitor changed his last name to Solo.

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

TV ONLINE posted:

He came out of a Skywalker vagina bro

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.
Edit: I'm an idiot. Here I am confusing kylo ren with someone else.

nullEntityRNG fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Apr 13, 2019

star war beta max
Sep 26, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Slutitution posted:

He came out of a Skywalker vagina bro

pretty sure last name comes from the father though

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka
The real travesty in all of this is that they keep pumping out bad sequels but we've had viable at-home VR systems for three years and still don't have an X-Wing remake or competent lightsaber game, what the gently caress are they waiting for I might be dead before they get there

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Tip posted:

several of those movies are about specific contexts of the age/social place of the protagonists, had death or other fixed ending of the protagonist, was a generic typecasting of the main star and thus needed no sequel to get another performance, did actually have a sequel or further protagonist appearance in another movie, or in the case of pulp fiction needed no sequel specifically because it was a series of loosely related stories presented separately instead of a single narrative. 4 of them that i know of either had sequels already or their sequels hit production problems

other than that yeah i dont see why they didnt make titanic 2 by now

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

I bet a bunch of these have a remake/reboot or script in various stages of production

Why do you hurt us with your words

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

TV ONLINE posted:

Pretty sure his last name is "Ren".

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Squashing Machine posted:

The real travesty in all of this is that they keep pumping out bad sequels but we've had viable at-home VR systems for three years and still don't have an X-Wing remake or competent lightsaber game, what the gently caress are they waiting for I might be dead before they get there
what if there was a patch that could change it so anywhere it says master chief it says master skywalker? all the halo games would be a million times better

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Hoping for cannibal emperor possessed ewoks

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Vakal posted:

gary oldmans diary posted:

several of those movies are about specific contexts of the age/social place of the protagonists, had death or other fixed ending of the protagonist, was a generic typecasting of the main star and thus needed no sequel to get another performance, did actually have a sequel or further protagonist appearance in another movie, or in the case of pulp fiction needed no sequel specifically because it was a series of loosely related stories presented separately instead of a single narrative.

Oh gently caress, you're right, all of that IS relevant to the question.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I forgot a lot of what happened in the last Jedi bc I was really drunk but this looks like a star war I can get behind

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Tip posted:

Oh gently caress, you're right, all of that IS relevant to the question.
i agree. none of the stuff you mentioned was relevant to the question you were trying to answer

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
The Burbs that's a good one. And My Cousin Vinny. Wow it's like there are numerous of these

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
That was fat billy dee Williams right? drat they are smashing my childhood button real hard and not in the illegal 4chan way

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Donovan Trip posted:

The Burbs that's a good one. And My Cousin Vinny. Wow it's like there are numerous of these

But My Cousin Vinny didn't need a sequel, and the Burbs had Tom Hanks in it, so they don't count.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Oh and The Princess Bride. To be fair no one makes sequels of fantasy movies, that would be insane

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Is it solely a goon thing that whenever someone makes a general comment which is broadly true a bunch of spergs start obsessively listing exceptions and screaming RREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

504 posted:

Is it solely a goon thing that whenever someone makes a general comment which is broadly true a bunch of spergs start obsessively listing exceptions and screaming RREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE?

actually, I think you'll find that isn't true in all cases, such as

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Not everyone is solely watching comic book movies dumdum. There are actually other movies

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
if either the antagonist or protagonist ends the movie in just about the same condition they started in then your movie is primed for a sequel (the antagonist predator species or the protagonist john mcclane)
or if some things changed you can start the sequel with how those things reverted back before going straight to formula (ghostbusters 2 recapped how the business failed and venkmans relationship fell apart)

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

i like these star wars movies but lets be honest here, lets be frank, a woman could never be that competent or brave, i mean lets be realistiic here

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Donovan Trip posted:

Not everyone is solely watching comic book movies dumdum. There are actually other movies

Like the ones you mention, almost as if you are some sperg. Some sperg posting in a comic book movie thread. Threes times in reply to one post.

FBIASSMAN69
Aug 15, 2006

TV ONLINE posted:

pretty sure last name comes from the father though

tell that to Schmi

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Sometimes you need the trilogy

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

gary oldmans diary posted:

other than that yeah i dont see why they didnt make titanic 2 by now

Um excuse me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

DemoneeHo posted:

"Wrap it up nerds, a real man doesn't watch Star Wars ever" :smuggo:

https://twitter.com/OfWudan/status/1116797166742323200

Worth clicking through and reading the whole Twitter thread because this poo poo gets better

https://twitter.com/ofwudan/status/1116798621238927360