Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Mods, help, I'm being gaslit by weebs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

My dude, you're throwing a tantrum because someone doesn't recognize an anime character from a 7th tier handheld video game franchise and thinking that's absolutely impossible in this day and age.

Take a deep breath and think about how, despite your bad analogies, 99% of people don't care about your dumb anime.
They're talking about the person who didn't know who the Avengers we're. I am the one getting on people's cases about anime characters.

But for the record you're still twisting the argument. I took issue with "10 anime characters who look exactly the same." I don't give a gently caress if someone doesn't like anime but "look how cool I am because I don't like anime" people are annoying. If you can tell Mario and Luigi apart you can tell Marth and Ike apart. And furthermore purposely depriving yourself of fun characters in a fighting game because they're humanoid and bragging about it online is very cool.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Imagined posted:

This is a thread where people claim to not recognize Scarlett Johansson and Chris Evans, people who've been in dozens of the biggest movies of the last decade, after all.

Are they the people in that Gameboy picture going around?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Yeah it's Marth and Roy who look the same

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

KingSlime posted:

Have you met many Nintendo fans/switch owners I'll? Cartoon wife/army academy simulator is not on anyone's radar unless you're a giant anime nerd.

Well maybe they should get the cartoon wife simulator on their radar because fire emblem is great

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

If you can tell Mario and Luigi apart you can tell Marth and Ike apart.

Who are Marth and Ike?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

KingSlime posted:

Have you met many Nintendo fans/switch owners irl? Cartoon wife/army academy simulator is not on anyone's radar unless you're a giant anime nerd.

It's kind of like how online everyone seems to be passionate about metroid/f zero but in real life nobody cares because of how extremely niche it is

Yeah they own fire emblem games because they don’t have the very weird hang ups goons tend to have around this subject.

Like you can look at the numbers if you don’t believe me. The fire emblem 3ds games sold insanely well.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Andrast posted:

Well maybe they should get the cartoon wife simulator on their radar because fire emblem is great

I mean like fire emblem (less and less each entry with all the pathetic relationship poo poo) but I'm also a goon!

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

chrom and lucina look the same because they're brother and sister

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

If you can tell Mario and Luigi apart you can tell Marth and Ike apart.

:lol:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Yeah that’s not fair, Mario and Luigi are identical so that isn’t a fair comparison

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

Lol fire emblem is definitely one of the higher tiered Nintendo titles.

lmao I've literally never heard of it before this thread. Nobody outside the internet knows what it is

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

CharlestheHammer posted:

Yeah they own fire emblem games because they don’t have the very weird hang ups goons tend to have around this subject.

Like you can look at the numbers if you don’t believe me. The fire emblem 3ds games sold insanely well.

Fire Emblem tearing up the charts

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_Nintendo_Switch_video_games

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

Strictly anecdotal but I've never met a FE fan irl other than myself, yet everyone and their mother plays smash and Mario kart.

Like seriously during the last smash get together I went to people were STILL asking about who the gently caress are these anime swordsmen

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

They.....they haven’t released a fire emblem for the switch.

Are you trolling or something

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The Fire Emblem 3DS games sold around 2 million copies each (counting fates as a single game), which is a lot but it's not like huge

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

lf you can tell Mario and Luigi apart you can tell Marth and Ike apart.

They are so much the same person, if I ask who wants ice cream they both say "I do!"

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Andrast posted:

The Fire Emblem 3DS games sold around 2 million copies each (counting fates as a single game), which is a lot but it's not like huge

They definitely aren’t the biggest but they outsell what people consider big titles. They crush Metroid as an example.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Plus they specifically boosted those sales by appealing to shut ins who want an anime girlfriend. It was a dying franchise

CharlestheHammer posted:

They crush Metroid as an example.

That's not a great example because despite goons' undying devotion, nobody actually cares about metroid on a significant scale

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

CharlestheHammer posted:

They.....they haven’t released a fire emblem for the switch.

Are you trolling or something

LMAO "how do you not recognize famous Nintendo switch character Chrom from the game that doesn't exist?"

My dude. Take a nap. No one likes your niche anime. It's ok to admit it.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

They definitely aren’t the biggest but they outsell what people consider big titles. They crush Metroid as an example.

Metroid is pretty weird since it's a really well known series and Samus is very recognizable if you follow video games at all but it doesn't sell that well

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

LMAO "how do you not recognize famous Nintendo switch character Chrom from the game that doesn't exist?"

My dude. Take a nap. No one likes your niche anime. It's ok to admit it.

Oh your just shitposting whatever

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yall want a room, or are you happy measuring your dicks in public?

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
I'll have my anime wife measure mine for me thank you very much :colbert:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

If you don't recognise characters, Pikachu is here to help

https://twitter.com/hitofutarai/status/1116297642621820928

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Andrast posted:

Metroid is pretty weird since it's a really well known series and Samus is very recognizable if you follow video games at all but it has never sold that well

Yeah but there is also a reason it was a direct focus.

I’ve only played two fire emblem games but they are definitely recognizable if you have paid attention to Nintendo games for basically any amount of time.

Outside like the Wii because I don’t remember much hype then. Hell I don’t even know if any fire emblem even released for it.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

Yeah but there is also a reason it was a direct focus.

I’ve only played two fire emblem games but they are definitely recognizable if you have paid attention to Nintendo games for basically any amount of time.

Outside like the Wii because I don’t remember much hype then. Hell I don’t even know if any fire emblem even released for it.

The Wii had Radiant Dawn, which was the sequel to GCs Path of Radiance. It was ok (Path of Radiance was better).

Those games are the ones with Ike.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Pleased to announce that, using anime math, Alita: Battle Engine made exactly as much money as The Force Awakens.

"We have all seen Alita and are equally as aware of it as the Star Wars brand" reports every American.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

CharlestheHammer posted:

Which series would you not recognize the characters from after playing two of the games?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Volte posted:

Which series would you not recognize the characters from after playing two of the games?

Mario and Luigi.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Volte posted:

The two games I played only had the new characters, they don’t even mention Ike or Marth or Roy. Fire emblem games aren’t exactly narratively connected. They function kind of like Zelda from what I understand, at least the new ones do.

I can still recognize them despite never playing a game they appeared in.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

You should recognize Scarlet Johansson from the movie The Island, which owned and was a big inspiration for the Portal games.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Despite playing a lot of Smash, I never cared about Fire Emblem until I saw someone playing Awakening on the train (yes– in public!!)

At the time I was waiting to get a 3DS until Pokémon X/Y came out, but that dope-looking FE game made me go get one sooner.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

You should recognize Scarlet Johansson from the movie The Island, which owned and was a big inspiration for the Portal games.

Also, she is (or was?) the highest paid female actor in Hollywood. I mean look not everybody is from the USA and we here in this country certainly grow up with a skewed worldview... maybe these ignorant goons are from some small town in... I dunno, South America? And they somehow found this site because of Photoshop Phridays and enjoyed playing the MegaDrive 10 years ago?

Chill Penguin fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Apr 13, 2019

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Awakening is really good.

Fate....isn’t very good in my opinion. I never even finished it

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Macaluso posted:

I thought that was only The Silver Snail, and he was definitely lying because... come on.

No it's true. Not only could I not put names to the faces, I don't even recognize the names. I do not know who Scarlett Johansson and Chris Evans are, and it took me at least 30 seconds to remember that "The Avengers" (which I have not seen) probably isn't the one with the raccoon in it.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

Awakening is really good.

Fate....isn’t very good in my opinion. I never even finished it

which one

Conquest has stellar gameplay if that is the thing you care about the most

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Are we gonna get Mario Odyssey DLC or a Mario Odyssey 2 sometime. I mean come on. I want to collect more moons. I'm still waiting for a whole DLC where I can play as Bowser

The Silver Snail posted:

No it's true. Not only could I not put names to the faces, I don't even recognize the names. I do not know who Scarlett Johansson and Chris Evans are, and it took me at least 30 seconds to remember that "The Avengers" (which I have not seen) probably isn't the one with the raccoon in it.

Uh huh :rolleyes:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The Silver Snail posted:

:smugbert::qqsay:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I recognize The Island for being that movie that got rightfully sued by the owners of Parts: The Clonus Horror.

I know ScarJo from Under the Skin and Avengers.

e: Under the Skin is loving dope, btw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Andrast posted:

which one

Conquest has stellar gameplay if that is the thing you care about the most

Ha I played birthright first.

I was gonna play the other one once I finished it, but well I never finished