Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Because skavens live there. Please??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Because skavens live there. Please??

It would be fun as a level 1 Empire settlement that has an absolutely massive Skaven undercity population on top of a shitload of vampiric corruption. Throw Volkmar in there just to see what happens.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Wasn't Mordheim razed by... I want to say Magnus the Pious, but maybe I'm wrong, like a long time ago? If it's been added I don't see it being an Empire-held city.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Azran posted:

Wasn't Mordheim razed by... I want to say Magnus the Pious, but maybe I'm wrong, like a long time ago? If it's been added I don't see it being an Empire-held city.

It got hit by a meteor. Made of Warpstone. Bad scene.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I misremembered then, I thought that happened first, then the Mordheim TT game takes place after that and a bit later the Empire razes it.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Is it just me or do Aspiring Champions totally suck?

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

The Crotch posted:

WayS.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Mordheim

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

packetmantis posted:

Well if they were good then they wouldn't be Aspiring anymore

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

packetmantis posted:

A lot of the game one melee heroes and generic melee lords don't have much going for them.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Aspiring champions are that 12-man unit. Their point is to buff leadership and kill ghosts.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Whoops, mixed them up with exalted heroes.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
I know that people are mixed on characters adding more stat bonuses to their armies since that leads to numbers inflation, but I hope melee heroes at least did that so they felt like they had a role in an army apart from trying to fight enemy characters or tanking mobs while shooters destroy everything.

Or maybe they should come with magical weapons as base, so they can be used to face off against ghosts.

AmishSpecialForces
Jul 1, 2008
Any tips on ME vamp counts? Its turn 60ish and I'm stuck treading water with three stacks defending five provinces against infinite hordes of humans. I win fights but have to spend all my money raise deading muy destroyed army after. At least the lords are wrecking machines. Im vlad and izzy, manny got eaten after he refused to confederate.

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

packetmantis posted:

They’re cheap and have really high combat stats. There aren’t enough of them per unit to hold up against full sized endgame infantry units, but they’re good as early game flankers or for reinforcing weak points in a battle line.

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
Stream of the new dlc is happening right now - https://www.twitch.tv/totalwarofficial

Doomrocket in action - https://clips.twitch.tv/ClearHelpfulPuppyDancingBaby

ad090 fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Apr 13, 2019

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The underempire looks way cooler than coves. Full building trees and four slots.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

drat Skaven have now a system similar to TK and Dwarfs but to upgrade their death machines and war crime units. This poo poo rules.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Yeah, god drat. I'm impressed!

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Aw man, I wanted to see the rest of the unit upgrades in that foundry. Only a few days til it comes out anyway I guess.

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
He showcases the under-empire and then the forbidden workshop right after: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/410421794?t=22m01s
I don't see how the skaven aren't brokenly op after this patch, it's gonna be glorious.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

ad090 posted:

He showcases the under-empire and then the forbidden workshop right after: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/410421794?t=22m01s
I don't see how the skaven aren't brokenly op after this patch, it's gonna be glorious.

Lucky was just ahead of his time

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Very impressive work there on the Under-Empire. Man this game just keeps evolving in such cool ways.

99pct of germs
Apr 13, 2013

ad090 posted:

:stonklol:

Poor Lizardmen got the short stick.

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
Under-Empire has the Vcoast 50% of a settlements income building as well, but for every city and not just coastal ones. Opens up a new interesting play style where you can sit in Skavenblight, and just under-empire everywhere instead of actually expanding. Also the jezzail workshop uppgrades and research turns them into basically artillery.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Really, the +50% movement range thing seems to me to actually be the most powerful one. Build that one strategically and you essentially got yourself a serious of rat highways. The Skavenbahn? The Rattobahn?

A fun thing to accomplish to me seems to be to attempt a kind of simultaneous devastating strike on some place. Dig your way up to Reikland for instance, and synchronize it so the doomsphere in Altdorf and the Vermintide in neighboring regions complete at the same time. Take out Altdorf with a nuke at the same time Skaven armies pop up all over the place. Show Archaon how to do a real apolalypse.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Oh my god, that mine-shaft expansion thing is just perfect. I was ever so slightly skeptical about the DOOMsphere considering you might as well just raze a city yourself if you're attacking it, but the idea that you can make the thing from several provinces away...

E:Why would you ever not play as Ikit Klaw? He's the only one with the workshop, right? Also his skill tree looks nuts.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Mordja posted:

Oh my god, that mine-shaft expansion thing is just perfect. I was ever so slightly skeptical about the DOOMsphere considering you might as well just raze a city yourself if you're attacking it, but the idea that you can make the thing from several provinces away...

E:Why would you ever not play as Ikit Klaw? He's the only one with the workshop, right? Also his skill tree looks nuts.

Feels to me like each Skaven clan, at least the major ones like Pestilens and Moulder should have their own version. For Pestilens it would obviously be a devastating plague that can spread to neighboring provinces and causes massive attrition and skaven corruption and poo poo. For Moulder I don't know, monsters?

That's probably not implemented in this patch. But Pestilens at least, down the line, should have the ability to spread plagues by way of the under-cities.

I really hope Skaven AI kind of undersand this concept and will prefer to expand by way of under-cities rather than direct expansion, will make them a much more insidious threat. All of it also kind of supports turtling up in a nigh unassailable capital, like Skavenblight, while your empire expands underground until you get to the point where you blow somethign up with a nuke and ratmen start pouring out of the ground to end the world of men.

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
Have we seen the Sacrifice menu for Cult of Sotek yet? Or the Prophecy of Sotek questline? I really hope for some more good lizard stuff.

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm

Elswyyr posted:

Have we seen the Sacrifice menu for Cult of Sotek yet? Or the Prophecy of Sotek questline? I really hope for some more good lizard stuff.

Lizardmen playthrough is most likely tomorrow as there is another dlc showcase scheduled for then.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

ad090 posted:

Lizardmen playthrough is most likely tomorrow as there is another dlc showcase scheduled for then.

I can't see how it could be better than this. It's just sacrificing rats and getting boons from the Serpent god whatever that will entail. There's no way that can compare to building a giant, insidious underground conspiracy to fund your research and construction of super weapons and eventually explode the world.

If the completion of the doomsphere isn't accompanied by a giant sickly-green mushroom cloud then CA will have failed.

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm

Randarkman posted:

I can't see how it could be better than this. It's just sacrificing rats and getting boons from the Serpent god whatever that will entail. There's no way that can compare to building a giant, insidious underground conspiracy to fund your research and construction of super weapons and eventually explode the world.

Summoning a hopefully giant serpent god in battle seems like it could be amazing. As far as the sacrifice mechanic it depends on what the buffs are and the other benefits that sacrificing gives that we don't know yet. I do in general agree though, the flavor and power of everything the skaven are getting is insane.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I think that was kind of a given. What the dinos still had to add was just less flashy than nukes and gatling guns.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Expand under empire to vampire counts.
Give empire some stuff to fight off any under empire thing
Also bret but make it give +chiv or something.

Orks get extra waaagh

I really want to see some factional things to fight or benefit from under empires.

Kinda like stellaris corps.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1703012941&searchtext=

This mod revamps the Bretonnian Vows so that in order to attain that level of progression, instead of just spending in the skill point to "become" a Grail Knight or whatever, the Lord needs to defeat an event army in order to qualify. It's really cool, and the modder knows that the official Bretonnia revamp is coming so hopefully they'll jive.

But I'm bringing this up for another reason: the mod also gives you bonuses for confederating with the Duchies, per their lore-appropriate specialization. This is something I want to see with the Empire; each of the provinces is known for something, and it's not just the more prominent ones like Middenland and Wissenland. You can translate these bits of lore into some appropriate bonus like +ranks for shooters when you confederate or vassalize Hochland, +growth/income for Averland, etc. That way, you can actually play like a proper not-HRE, maintaining the integrity of the Empire and benefiting from it instead of just blobbing all the way.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Nuln always had the sickest colour scheme after Ostermark and I'm sad they get lumped into Wissenland.

It's a free city CA, you hacks

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Why is the Everqueen at war with every other High Elf faction? Something's very wrong on Ulthuan.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

sassassin posted:

Why is the Everqueen at war with every other High Elf faction? Something's very wrong on Ulthuan.

This seems extremely normal for the Ulthuan Thunderdome.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Legit feel like the Warhammer TW games have suffered the most from a lack of ambition that has slowly, over time, begun to manifest. Remember the design of LLs at game 1's launch? Or what the core four factions had as gimmicks? Step by step this has gotten better and better, and we've gotten some really cool & insane features cross-ported and enhanced; the TK crafting system added to the Dawi, the VC coves expanded upon and added to Skaven, etc...

Biggest regret right now is them not going full madhouse from the start, but oh well. If things keep going this way game 3's factions are going to have some amazing campaign gimmicks and mechanics.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
That is why I like this game and why I am excited for three kingdoms.

This game let them go crazy and test things which should work in other total war games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giggle Goose
Oct 18, 2009
I think that a big part of the reason why the game one factions are so much simpler is because they were testing the waters with their most asymmetrical title yet. The most vocal of their fans aren't known for being easy after all.