Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I haven't watched any Avengers movies and haven't played pokemon in years so I am obviously expert on both

therefore when I say that pokemon is better it has to be true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

ColdPie posted:

Is it really inconceivable to you that there are people who just don't watch movies?

no but it’s kind of inconceivable that there are people who don’t watch movies or tv, look at magazines, read the news, or look at memes. someone knowing Salt Bae but not Chris Evans is kind of ridiculous

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Andrast posted:

I haven't watched any Avengers movies and haven't played pokemon in years so I am obviously expert on both

therefore when I say that pokemon is better it has to be true

You're not wrong, even though Pokemon hasn't been good except for Snap.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

indigi posted:

no but it’s kind of inconceivable that there are people who don’t watch movies or tv, look at magazines, read the news, or look at memes

Hi.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

KingSlime posted:

I wish people stopped using the phrase "hilarious self own." It's like the goony version of "so-and-so ABSOLUTELY SLAMS Republicans" and "Ted Cruz RIPS Dem assholes!"

There's never actually a hilarious self-own. I guess it's just a forum darling right now because I've seen it crop up everywhere

Lol this post is like that dick Dorkins post about how owns shouldn’t be a thing because you can’t own a person anymore

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I've only played part of Pokemon Let's Go and it's definitely better than Avengers 1 and 2 by a significant margin.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
This is also probably the nerdiest argument this thread has ever had

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Started playing Pillars of Eternity again on Steam. I want to finish it. It's so good. I love the writing and the gameplay is great. I'm wondering how the port to the console will work, but it's likely I'll get it. Worst comes to worst if the connectivity is a big deal I'll just get it on Steam.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I recognize The Island for being that movie that got rightfully sued by the owners of Parts: The Clonus Horror.

I know ScarJo from Under the Skin and Avengers.

e: Under the Skin is loving dope, btw

Scarlett Johansson is a genuinely good actor and I wish she would do better movies more often and not be relegated so often to being a token female character. Her early films like Ghost World, Girl in the Pearl Earring, and my personal favorite Lost in Translation are terrific. She's great in Under the Skin and even if I didn't like the movie that much, Phoenix is insufferable in Her, what she does with her voice alone is pretty great.

I'm hoping for some good stuff once the Avengers is over, though judging by Ghost in the Shell... who knows?

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug
Got the $40 labo kit, is it worth it to buy the two $20 expansion packs?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Chin Strap posted:

Got the $40 labo kit, is it worth it to buy the two $20 expansion packs?

Yes. The bird one is probably the best one.

DanZX
May 5, 2015

Sudden Javelin posted:

Rayman, NSMBU

Rayman is great but I already have it on PS4.
Is NSMBU good? I played 1 and kinda enjoyed it and 2 was boring as hell. Wii was ok I guess.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

CharlestheHammer posted:

Lol this post is like that dick Dorkins post about how owns shouldn’t be a thing because you can’t own a person anymore

Hey I'm all for quality self-owns, which do happen and which the provided example absolutely was not. It wasn't even a coherent argument!

You're just mad that only weirdos like you and me know what a fire emblem is

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

KingSlime posted:

Hey I'm all for quality self-owns, which do happen and which the provided example absolutely was not. It wasn't even a coherent argument!

You're just mad that only weirdos like you and me know what a fire emblem is

Don’t start that argument again, listening people say dumb bullshit to validate themselves isn’t very interesting a convo.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
You're the one who quoted me and replied, don't play that "I only care about the quality of the forums :cry:" card now.

If you're so worried about keeping things engaging and on topic, my suggestion would be to just stop posting!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Your not very good at this are you. You are the one that brought up something unrelated when I laughed at your dumb post.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
nice self meltdown

e: god drat it i should have gone with nice self melt own

KingSlime fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Apr 13, 2019

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

KingSlime posted:

nice self meltdown

e: god drat it i should have gone with nice self melt own
Turn your monitor on

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Yeah turn your monitor on was just sitting right there, smh.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I like video games.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Everyone stop self melt owning and discuss MK8DX DLC track ideas.

Pokémon's bike-only road

Escape from Zebes ralley stage

That cool looking Starry Night stage from NSMBUDX.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
What's the term for a self-own that's not hilarious and is actually kind of pathetic and embarrassing and spans multiple posts?

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

American McGay posted:

What's the term for a self-own that's not hilarious and is actually kind of pathetic and embarrassing and spans multiple posts?

Imagine Babyz: My Hilarious Nice Self Melt Own

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

American McGay posted:

Isn’t that just a meltdown.

I guess it depends on what you find funny.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Inzombiac posted:

I like video games.

I don't believe you.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

what the gently caress is going on in this thread

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Inzombiac posted:

I like video games.

why

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

DanZX posted:

Is NSMBU good? I played 1 and kinda enjoyed it and 2 was boring as hell. Wii was ok I guess.

I'm basically wishing I'd bought Tropical Freeze instead because there's less variety to level design and block types than Mario 3 or World.
The graphics are fine, but the cleverness isn't there.
It's like Nintendo said they wanted a sequel to the original Mario 1 and stuck to it too literally; it's an iteration of a series that was already improved upon.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Apr 13, 2019

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug
Games to play with a 4 year old. We have Mario Kart and she doesn't really get it. She really likes to tell me what to do in Stardew Valley. Any others like that with no time limita and the ability for a backseat driver to tell me what to do and enjoy it?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Yoshi or even maybe Odyssey in assist mode.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I got my brother and nephews (5 and 3) an SNES classic last Christmas and they enjoy that thing more than any modern games.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Kirby would be another game with a slow pace that isn’t terribly hard. Granted I’m not sure what they could tell you to do.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So like why haven’t they announced anything about the upcoming smash dlc. Shouldn’t we know SOMETHING about Joe Kerr by now?

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Calaveron posted:

So like why haven’t they announced anything about the upcoming smash dlc. Shouldn’t we know SOMETHING about Joe Kerr by now?

theres other persona 5 announcements happening in a couple weeks so maybe it's being rolled into that if they're announcing a switch port

edit: either that or the enhanced P5 has a female joker route so they have to hide the smash joker until they reveal that

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

ColdPie posted:

Is it really inconceivable to you that there are people who just don't watch movies?

There’s some stuff that feels like it’s just unavoidable to not know about even if you’ve never watched it. I never watched twilight but I somehow know the entire story and also that Kirsten Stewart is the main actress and dated her costar

I am not American and don’t watch sports but I’ve heard of tom Brady enough to figure out he’s important ball throw man

My parents never watched game of thrones and are aware it’s coming back soon and that the main character is Jon Snow, who is coming

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Chin Strap posted:

Games to play with a 4 year old. We have Mario Kart and she doesn't really get it. She really likes to tell me what to do in Stardew Valley. Any others like that with no time limita and the ability for a backseat driver to tell me what to do and enjoy it?

Definitely Odyssey. It's a scavenger hunt and super kid-friendly. My one nephew about the same age loves playing the boss rushes on the moon.

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug
Any opinions on Gear Club 2? I've had a weird desire to play a non-mario kart racing game.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Cithen posted:

Any opinions on Gear Club 2? I've had a weird desire to play a non-mario kart racing game.

Wait for Crash Team Racing in June, or Grid Autosport ("Summer" 2019). Eden Games basically crashed and burned after the Test Drive Unlimited games. Gear Club is a mobile port on steroids with an unstable 30 fps. :sigh:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Mister Facetious posted:

I'm basically wishing I'd bought Tropical Freeze instead because there's less variety to level design and block types than Mario 3 or World.
It's like Nintendo said they wanted a sequel to the original Mario 1 and stuck to it too literally; it's an iteration of a series that was already improved upon.

It’s definitely closer to 3 in level theme design. It still a good game, best of the New games, but Tropical Freeze is better.

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug

Mister Facetious posted:

Wait for Crash Team Racing in June, or Grid Autosport ("Summer" 2019). Eden Games basically crashed and burned after the Test Drive Unlimited games. Gear Club is a mobile port on steroids with an unstable 30 fps. :sigh:

darn, okay. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DanZX
May 5, 2015

Mister Facetious posted:

That sounds as bad or worse than NSMB2. Thanks