Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Guy A. Person posted:

lol that is funny. Tbf though, they'll probably mention his name once while talking about how he's like a lone samurai, then call him Clint for the rest of the movie.

I would give them a lot of respect if they slipped in a "where's Ronin?" joke with Rocket or one of the post-revived Guardians getting all confused about it tho

Cap, about to be murked by Thanos' spear: They're...killing Ronin...
Thanos, bewildered: Why did you say that name?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Mordiceius posted:

Tag yourself.

I'm the confused looking Don Cheadle.

I like how they’re all looking dramatically different directions. Someone draw the eyelines of each character.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Brother Entropy posted:

Cap, about to be murked by Thanos' spear: They're...killing Ronin...
Thanos, bewildered: Why did you say that name?!

lmao

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The Disney+ Scarlet Witch and Vision series is titled WandaVision.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Vintersorg posted:

When was this? I loving love that movie.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Oh yeah, I loved The Disaster Artist. I ended up looking at the popular ones for a refresher, wasn’t there.

I honestly am not a huge fan of straight up comedies. It really depends. If Seth Rogan is in it, i might enjoy it, but if it’s a Will Ferrell movie I’ll probably hate it. There’s some in between but I like a little spice in my comedies.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

More comedies worth watching

In the Loop
What we do in shadows
Hot Rod
Four Lions

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Superbad was probably the last good comedy I saw besides Hangover. I don't really go for comedies in a theater unless it's the cheap seats a few months later.

I just feel that paying a lot of money for a theater showing of a comedy or drama is a bit of a waste of money and all those speakers. The cheap seats are around $4 here so that's fine.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Hellboy was a train wreck. Scenes just smashed together with little to no cohesion between them then suddenly it ends.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Just replace Jeremy Renner with Ronan.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I once read a post somewhere that said Jeremy Renner looks like a deflated Matt Damon. That is more memorable to me than anything Hawkeye related.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Fun fact - my good friend's brother is married to Jeremy Renner's sister. Back when he and I used to be in the military together, Jeremy called up him and asked him a bunch of questions because my friend had deployed a few times via the military. I remember back at the time my friend told me "Yeah, he called me to ask some questions because he's filming this military movie set in the desert, I guess"

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Your friend helped that movie win best picture, probably.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

The MSJ posted:

His friend should call Jeremy and say "hey, the military is working on a new project and I need some help with this" and spend like 20 minutes asking him minute details about shooting arrows

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Neo Rasa posted:

I want to be sympathetic but with Entertainment Weekly and Empire even when it's, like, here's a photo of two of the actors standing next to each other they manage to make it insanely bad looking on like every possible design level.

I'm Max's amazingly well-placed left hand.

Daddy Thanos
Mar 28, 2019

by R. Guyovich

McSpanky posted:

I'm Max's amazingly well-placed left hand.

When you're a star they let you do it

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

The MSJ posted:

No clue what he would have told him. "I'm a computer programmer. I spend all my time in a building."

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

teagone posted:

I once read a post somewhere that said Jeremy Renner looks like a deflated Matt Damon. That is more memorable to me than anything Hawkeye related.

Someone at a bar tonight told me I looked like Jeremy Renner from the side. Which now that I think about it was not really a compliment because dude is like 13 years older than me :smugjones:

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Guy A. Person posted:

Someone at a bar tonight told me I looked like Jeremy Renner from the side. Which now that I think about it was not really a compliment because dude is like 13 years older than me :smugjones:

hey man if someone tells you that you look like george clooney it's not an insult because he looks 55, it's a compliment because who wouldn't want to look like clooney?

same logic pattern here

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

DC Murderverse posted:

hey man if someone tells you that you look like george clooney it's not an insult because he looks 55, it's a compliment because who wouldn't want to look like clooney?

same logic pattern here

hahaha good point, I'll take the compliment

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

qwewq posted:

The horned demon man wandering around for 2 hours calling everyone a cuck was where they drew the line.

I'm pretty sure in the Victorian era this would be the height of comedy

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I mean, I feel like a lot of Shakespeare comedies can be reduced to that.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I like Snyder's contributions to the DCEU, but lol at this:

https://twitter.com/DriggyDriggs/status/1116841170636877824

Daddy Thanos
Mar 28, 2019

by R. Guyovich

Chairman Capone posted:

I mean, I feel like a lot of Shakespeare comedies can be reduced to that.

It's the plot of Much Ado About Nothing

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

teagone posted:

lmao "brand new color grading throughout to give this a more mature look."

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Mordiceius posted:

Fun fact - my good friend's brother is married to Jeremy Renner's sister. Back when he and I used to be in the military together, Jeremy called up him and asked him a bunch of questions because my friend had deployed a few times via the military. I remember back at the time my friend told me "Yeah, he called me to ask some questions because he's filming this military movie set in the desert, I guess"

Wow, he really gave it his all to be Hawkeye, eh?

The MSJ posted:

Oh, right.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Mordiceius posted:

For some reason I repeatedly "read" Jeremy Renner as Jake Gyllenhaal and I was pretty pumped for your friend's contribution to Jarhead

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Fart City posted:

lmao "brand new color grading throughout to give this a more mature look."

hey if they made momoa in the classic suit look less like poo poo by turning down the saturation or something i can't 100% hate this

cutting the biker selfies and pitbull though, i can't abide

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

teagone posted:

How the gently caress is making it look the same as the other movies DE-Marvelizing it?

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

"What if Aquaman weren't in colour?"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

LesterGroans posted:

How the gently caress is making it look the same as the other movies DE-Marvelizing it?

I think this isn't something that comes up here overly often but I see it on other forums where the DCEU is considered the 'mature' of the two universes not because of themes or how it tackles subject matter but because it is (for lack of a better term) 'realistic' and 'gritty.' I think a lot of the negativity towards discussing Snyder stuff is impacted by that because the group who is basically like "Snyder is good because BATMAN SHOOTS A DUDE and SUPERMAN DIES" are a noticeable part of the mix, especially on forums that skew younger than SA.

Daddy Thanos
Mar 28, 2019

by R. Guyovich

ImpAtom posted:

I think this isn't something that comes up here overly often but I see it on other forums where the DCEU is considered the 'mature' of the two universes not because of themes or how it tackles subject matter but because it is (for lack of a better term) 'realistic' and 'gritty.' I think a lot of the negativity towards discussing Snyder stuff is impacted by that because the group who is basically like "Snyder is good because BATMAN SHOOTS A DUDE and SUPERMAN DIES" are a noticeable part of the mix, especially on forums that skew younger than SA.

It seems like liking DC, and particularly Snyder stuff makes you identify as a "DC fan" but liking Marvel movies doesn't make you identify as a "Marvel fan," just a person who happens to like those movies. You can see this in the youtube comments for trailers; when it's DC they're all like "THIS will finally show those Marvel babies who's better"* whereas when it's Marvel they're like "this movie looks good"

*Unless it's the joker movie where all of the comments are about living in a society

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Color palette purity is dumb. There's no uniform palette for films and the colors used should reflect the mood or atmosphere they're trying to convey. I can see someone wanted to do a fan-edit where they might remove weirdly placed jokes - like one after a really intense dramatic beat ala Marvel - but some fans can be pretty extreme with these post-Snyder DCEU films.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

I feel like this thread, the general public, and then general DCEU fans all have completely different opinions on what the qualities of the DCEU are.

Daddy Thanos
Mar 28, 2019

by R. Guyovich

Jimbot posted:

Color palette purity is dumb. There's no uniform palette for films and the colors used should reflect the mood or atmosphere they're trying to convey. I can see someone wanted to do a fan-edit where they might remove weirdly placed jokes - like one after a really intense dramatic beat ala Marvel - but some fans can be pretty extreme with these post-Snyder DCEU films.

The mood and atmosphere I'm trying to convey in every single one of my scenes is teal orangeness

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
The fact that it's even called "de-Marvelizing" pretty much concedes that whatever cultural or aesthetic war or whatever is already over.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Daddy Thanos posted:

It seems like liking DC, and particularly Snyder stuff makes you identify as a "DC fan" but liking Marvel movies doesn't make you identify as a "Marvel fan," just a person who happens to like those movies. You can see this in the youtube comments for trailers; when it's DC they're all like "THIS will finally show those Marvel babies who's better"* whereas when it's Marvel they're like "this movie looks good"

*Unless it's the joker movie where all of the comments are about living in a society

"DC fans" are the "Sega fans" of Superhero films.

Daddy Thanos
Mar 28, 2019

by R. Guyovich

Schwarzwald posted:

The fact that it's even called "de-Marvelizing" pretty much concedes that whatever cultural or aesthetic war or whatever is already over.

Yeah it does seem like part of it is them liking tropes from the late 2000s/early 2010s that have been superseded now

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Daddy Thanos posted:

Post/Username combo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Schwarzwald posted:

Agreed. It's more or less this and I'm not sure why the terms of the debate on any of these films is so polar. Like it has to be one or the other. I haven't cared for the DC has put out and I mostly enjoy Marvel films but I never feel like either of those opinions has to be legitimized or framed in ways that are based on "what the OTHER SIDE" is doing. I suppose it's inevitable to compare comic book movies to other comic movies and Marvel has done a better job with world building while DC has done more creative things with cinematography, direction and action set pieces.

Not sure why I'd feel the need while explaining why I liked MoS or Affleck's Batman in BvS to frame my enjoyment of those in reference to a Marvel movie though. At least not on a consistent basis.