Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

fart blood posted:

No I'm saying people are dummies for consistently watching and paying money to see something that they hate way more than they like, and for some reason they get annoyed when you ask them "so uhhh if you don't like this so much, why don't you quit watching it?" like it's a ridiculous question. (Not saying you, just experiences I've had in general.)

I shouldn't care so much because at the end of the day it's their stupidity and not mine, but I am on the internet and therefore I have to bitch and moan because that's what internet forums are for. :911:

Uh, it's not that. People don't repeatedly subject themselves to things they don't like; even laboratory rats only have to be shocked by an electrode like twice before they stop pressing the button. The complaining itself is the part people like.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Apr 14, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Glad this thread is being shitted up by people other than me for a change.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Shinjobi posted:

You're an idiot because shane McMahon is right there and he won't go away

His punches are atrocities and he potatoes people, but Shane can take a back bump without me cringing and fearing for his life. Who would you trust to jump off the top of the cell without killing themselves, Shane or Banks?

Also, if Sasha and Bayley are really this mad about dropping the titles... man.

Fun little story. When I was training as a wrestler we'd run indy shows on the weekends. And our trainer, who was the booker, was part of the tag team champions at the time. And he dropped the belt at a show to a new team that had just graduated. And we were all really impressed that he was so selfless and would put someone over. Then when some of us talked to him he told us the reason he dropped the title. The belt was heavy and he was sick of carrying it to each town.

Wrestlers today are bigger marks than the fans.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Angry Grimace posted:

Uh, it's not that. People don't repeatedly subject themselves to things they don't like; even laboratory rats only have to be shocked by an electrode like twice before they stop pressing the button. The complaining itself is the part people like.

Wrestling fans literally watch a show they hate every goddamn week.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

fart blood posted:

Wrestling fans literally watch a show they hate every goddamn week.

That isn't unique to wrestling fandoms, it's every fandom of everything, be it music, other TV shows, etc., e.g. the Magic: the Gathering thread is full of people who complain that Magic was ruined in 2009 (or whenever it was that they implemented the "new world order" card design) and keep playing it religiously, except Magic costs like 10 times what wrestling costs to follow, even if you attend shows.

Not to mention a lot of people who complain a lot about the product also don't watch it, they just read the Wrestling Observer summary and then act like they watched it.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Apr 14, 2019

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

when I used to watch The Walking Dead television show, a lot of people strongly disliked it and thought it was very stupid and liked to argue with people who enjoyed it, and it reminded me of WWE wrestling in that regard. the show was very bad at the time and I stopped watching when it did not appear to be getting better. I've heard that it did get better. WWE will never get better, it seems like, however. another thing that happens is people who play online video games tend to really begin to despise it and make angry videos or long posts about why it's irreparably hosed up, but they play it very often nonetheless. I think there is definitely a larger community of people than is often discussed, who internally quite enjoy the process of hate-consumption. I was beaten to bringing up this topic by the angry grimace, and I apologize.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Angry Grimace posted:

That isn't unique to wrestling fandoms, it's every fandom of everything, be it music, other TV shows, etc., e.g. the Magic: the Gathering thread is full of people who complain that Magic was ruined in 2009 (or whenever it was that they implemented the "new world order" card design) and keep playing it religiously, except Magic costs like 10 times what wrestling costs to follow, even if you attend shows.

Ok, but my point still stands.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

fart blood posted:

Stop watching and supporting WWE.

None of you like it. Every week you say "wow Raw was awful" or "wow that PPV was awful."

Stop watching it if it's awful.

For gently caress's sake.

How dare you insinuate I watch WWE

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Benne posted:

This thread is further proof that watching WWE rots your brain

One day I will get old enough and my brain will be rotted enough where I will genuinely enjoy WWE. It'll be like the end of 1984.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

alpha_destroy posted:

I've only been to one Raw, but when I went the pop Bayley got was easily the biggest of the night. It is crazy to me to look at what happened to her...

I went to 3 NXTs when they toured the PNW and Bayley was so over and little girls were SO into her. They really dropped the ball. I think the sad un-inflated waving tube men at Wrestlemania says it all. They had something really special with her, but just couldn't figure it out.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Becky trying to do a Twitter beef with Lacey Evans is kind of random given that Becky has a number of individual tweets with more likes than Lacey even has followers.

To be quite honest, I'm not actually sure how this program could possibly go that doesn't result in Lacey Evans being irretrievably buried.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Angry Grimace posted:

Becky trying to do a Twitter beef with Lacey Evans is kind of random given that Becky has a number of individual tweets with more likes than Lacey even has followers.

To be quite honest, I'm not actually sure how this program could possibly go that doesn't result in Lacey Evans being irretrievably buried.

Knowing Vince? Lacey beating Becky. Clean. Because he apparently sees Lacey as a big future star or something? I mean that door shut long ago (with the fans) when they had her catwalk for like 4 months or something, and her horrendous performance in the Rumble.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Sasha just posted a pic of her and Bayley hugging the iconics after mania so congratulations on getting worked.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Kairi is cool and her gimmick is cool. The only awful thing about her is her stripe ring gear.

The stripe down the middle looks stupid. STUPID!!!

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

DarkstarIV posted:

Knowing Vince? Lacey beating Becky. Clean. Because he apparently sees Lacey as a big future star or something? I mean that door shut long ago (with the fans) when they had her catwalk for like 4 months or something, and her horrendous performance in the Rumble.

That’s a road to a Roman-style fan burial

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

there ought to be a few more stripes on the front of kairi sane's ring gear, and a cowboy hat, and a guitar.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Kairi is cool and her gimmick is cool. The only awful thing about her is her stripe ring gear.

Let's go stripe!

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Cavauro posted:

there ought to be a few more stripes on the front of kairi sane's ring gear, and a cowboy hat, and a guitar.

ain't she great

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

DarkstarIV posted:

Even in the wildest fever dream fantasies of people stealing my trademarked phrase Knowing Vince™, that doesn't ever happen. Vince just pushed Becky Lynch like Super Cena on Speed for like 8 months, had her beat everyone soundly (the biggest reason Sasha and Bayley didn't do poo poo for an entire year was Rousey and Becky were demolishing everyone nonstop) and then had beat Ronda Rousey in the main event of WrestleMania and then have her walk around with both world titles saying she's going to defend them individually on both shows because duh, she's the coolest person alive. That was 5 days ago. The idea that they're going to proceed to bury Becky because Vince only likes hot blonde girls and not hot redheads is totally absurd.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Apr 14, 2019

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

fart blood posted:

Stop watching and supporting WWE.

None of you like it. Every week you say "wow Raw was awful" or "wow that PPV was awful."

Stop watching it if it's awful.

For gently caress's sake.

the only entertainment you can do with main roster WWE is post along with the thread while not watching and see if anyone would be able to call you out on it

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

JT Smiley posted:

Sasha just posted a pic of her and Bayley hugging the iconics after mania so congratulations on getting worked.

Or they just don't hold their friends responsible for WWE treating them like poo poo.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

look at this goon hoverhanding Asuka

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

JT Smiley posted:

i dont think anyone said they hated the iiconics. like the only people that anyone said had beef iirc were bliss and sasha and briefly bliss and nia but idk if that was a work or not. sasha's only ever really explicitly threw shade at the writing/booking of the company itself. i mean maybe road dogg specifically once but who wouldnt

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/dajosc11/status/1117218950453047296

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Part of me hopes that if Kairi gets called up on Tuesday and Io isn't getting called up, that Paige's new team is Asuka/Kairi.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I would like asuka and kairi to have a feud that turns into respectful tag teaming, and chasing the belts. They seem to deserve it more than the iIconics.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Erebus posted:

look at this goon hoverhanding Asuka
Anyone that touches Asuka is immediately put in a submission hold. Kairi knows better.

DarkstarIV posted:

Part of me hopes that if Kairi gets called up on Tuesday and Io isn't getting called up, that Paige's new team is Asuka/Kairi.
All of me hopes Mikaze sees how stupid that stripe is.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

MotU posted:

the only entertainment you can do with main roster WWE is post along with the thread while not watching and see if anyone would be able to call you out on it

It's perfectly fine to shitpost in the live thread while not watching. The key is not watching. You do it right.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

DarkstarIV posted:

I'm down for Asuka using Kairi as a baseball bat/launching like a javelin at her enemies.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
the strip hides her penis knife tattoo

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I've only seen like 3 Kairi matches but she's my favorite wrestler and I can't wait until she beats Lacey for the title.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Asuka/Kairi would be a pretty loving awesome team, but Asuka should know that Kairi's ultimate goal is to defeat an Emperor/Empress.

Also everybody should remember that the thing to throw your disdain/anger/frustration/sarcasm towards is WWE the company - posters and wrestlers (outside of the likes of literal white supremacist Lars Sullivan) aren't the problem, the company is.

Angry Grimace posted:

Is it weird that I'm kinda relieved that Lacey is Becky's first feud after Mania? I just kind of assume she's there to get smashed by Becky to further showcase how powerful the Champ Champ is before a "real" rival comes along.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
what about noted cop lover Randy Orton

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MotU posted:

what about noted cop lover Randy Orton

While he's dull and phones-it-in on the main roster, it's noted frequently that at house shows where WWE's micro-management is either absent or relaxed, Orton is a lot of fun. So yes, I'm inclined to say the company is the problem, and I support Randy phoning it in on the main roster and taking a lot of Vince's money for it.

The latter is also why I can never truly dislike Brock Lesnar.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Brock is a loving legend

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Wanted to catch up on a few wrestling things this afternoon...

- The Table for 3 where Johnny Gargano keeps talking about his intense WWE obsession, how he had ladder matches against his stuffed animals, how he had Shawn Michaels painted on his bedroom wall, and how he likes WWE because the props are set up nicely and he's not falling through lovely arena guardrails anymore = awww

- Dave Bautista's interview with Lilian Garcia where he talks about how much he loves wrestling, how hard it was to avoid taking the Royal Rumble backlash personally, and how badly he needed to come back for a feeling of closure = oof

- Charlotte's special that starts with her crying at Reid's grave = holy hell

Wrestling is emotional, folks, god. :(

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

DoctorGonzo posted:

Brock is a loving legend

Brock is legitimately the greatest wrestler of all time. He works the shortest schedule of any other wrestler. Was champ for years, finagled a shitload of money out of wwe, and was even allowed to rep sponsors. Meanwhile every wrestler who "dreamed"
Of being in wwe gets hosed over and over again, but don't ask for anything better because they've bought into the wwe cult.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Some douchebag successfully shifted the conversation from complaining about WWE's business practices to how it's our fault because we're talking about it and how we should stop complaining.

Company bad. Treating wrestlers poorly bad. This eon't stop being true no matter how much you don't want s to talk about it.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
who even said people shouldnt complain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
people should only be nice, to me specifically