Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

In the US there's a weird sort of mix of attitudes where the hardcore right wing evangelicals are super on board with israel because they think it's a part of end time prophecy, plus the general utility of it as a base for US power projection in the middle east given they tend to be war happy fuckers too. While at the same time having that (usually) unspoken belief that they're clearly wrong and heretical.
They love the vague idea of ultra-Orthodox Jews provided (and because) they stay away from Christian society, they hate Jewish people saying that maybe a secular country shouldn't have giant baby Jesuses outside city hall.

e: Genesis 2:18 - The Lord God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him."

It wasn't a robot dog though. It was a woman made out of his dick bone because Lilith ran off.

Guavanaut fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Apr 13, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

lol @ the indie constantly pushing their final say campaign

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

You posted the Mail, Indy and Sunday Express twice. I'm guessing you meant to post other images there.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

was Sargon the one who proposed legalizing rape on private property or was that a different yet identical shitstain

i'm the new hope for sudan

Sycophantry
Jan 4, 2009
You can always tell when the Guardian flips to the Observer stories because the top headline on the website instantly becomes "CORBYN TOLD TO SWITCH TO PEOPLE'S VOTE/EMBRACE CENTRISM/RESIGN IN FAVOUR OF LIZ KENDALL OR SUFFER A FATE WORSE THAN DEATH" for around 18 hours before the regular team take over again.

Not that the normal Guardian is much better, but the Observer definitely seems more outright pathetic in that regard.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Farecoal posted:

was Sargon the one who proposed legalizing rape on private property or was that a different yet identical shitstain

i'm the new hope for sudan
That was Roosh V.

He did a tour in the UK, but sadly none of the venue operators believed that you should be able to bottle misogynistic cunts on private property.

Landowners failed us again.

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

The "Corbyn told to support second referendum" one was on the Guardian home page as well. Which replaced the one from last week which was "Corbyn told to oppose second referendum or face party split". The press really can't handle the idea that it's a party policy thing for Labour and not a decision to be made by one person.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Yeah sorry for the doubles I didn't spot them when copying the tomorrow's papers tagged stuff.

I just like Happy Hour by the Housemartins.

Does anyone like The Orville? Is that allowed? I really enjoyed what they did with their last episode and practically poo poo my pants with lulz when Dolly Parton started in ernest. Don't poo poo on me again because something in this thought pattern is problematic....my week was genuinely better for 9-5 ending up the cross century anthem for women's rights.

NinpoEspiritoSanto fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Apr 14, 2019

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Bundy posted:

Yeah sorry for the doubles I didn't spot them when copying the tomorrow's papers tagged stuff.

I just like Happy Hour by the Housemartins.

Does anyone like The Orville? Is that allowed? I really enjoyed what they did with their last episode and practically poo poo my pants with lulz when Dolly Parton started in ernest. Don't poo poo on me again because something in this thought pattern is problematic....my week was genuinely better for 9-5 ending up the cross century anthem for women's rights.

Just like the things you like, my dude. You're 'allowed' to like things and people even if they're lovely in some way. Don't be so anxious for approval.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
The Orville is cool and good and Scott Grimes is the greatest ever voice actor

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
I've heard it's surprisingly good, especially season 2. I just haven't watched it yet be because I loathe Seth MacFarlane

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

you know what rules but people are afraid to talk about for fear of being shunned, pelted or worse?

stargate sg-1

the greatest of all the star related franchises

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

brian posted:

you know what rules but people are afraid to talk about for fear of being shunned, pelted or worse?

stargate sg-1

the greatest of all the star related franchises

Hell yeah. Stargate SG1 is boss. I kinda wanna binge through it like I did DS9.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Sycophantry posted:

You can always tell when the Guardian flips to the Observer stories because the top headline on the website instantly becomes "CORBYN TOLD TO SWITCH TO PEOPLE'S VOTE/EMBRACE CENTRISM/RESIGN IN FAVOUR OF LIZ KENDALL OR SUFFER A FATE WORSE THAN DEATH" for around 18 hours before the regular team take over again.

Not that the normal Guardian is much better, but the Observer definitely seems more outright pathetic in that regard.

Liz Kendall's passe now, the Grun is in love with Jess Phillips these days.

and yes, Scott Grimes as Steven Anita Smith in American Dad is one of the all-time great voice acting performances

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

OwlFancier posted:

Hell yeah. Stargate SG1 is boss. I kinda wanna binge through it like I did DS9.

Atlantis also owns.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Firos posted:

Atlantis also owns.

I never properly got to watch the series because it was on telly when I was younger, and I missed a bunch of the stuff that led to atlantis, so I never quite got into it. But I liked the actors in it and the few episodes I saw looked cool too.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

OwlFancier posted:

I never properly got to watch the series because it was on telly when I was younger, and I missed a bunch of the stuff that led to atlantis, so I never quite got into it. But I liked the actors in it and the few episodes I saw looked cool too.

They had the all of SG1 and Atlantis on netflix a couple years ago and I was all over that poo poo.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

While we're on a roll and I am looking to continue my trend of going too far I'm also gonna say that I really like star trek voyager.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I appreciate the Racing Post front page. Very comprehensive.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Hentai Jihadist posted:

all british tv is total shite apart from the new partridge

Ninja Warrior UK is pretty fun

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Hi, I'm the powerful and ever strong Brexiteer that is certain of our domination of Europe in any future negotiations with our relationship with the EU but also terrified out of my boxers that a twenty year old stuck in a Syrian refugee camp without British citizenship and under constant media scrutiny maybe possibly could destroy us all via a method I haven't yet thought about.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Caught up with last weeks Line of Duty round a friends - if you ask me, they all did it.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Gorn Myson posted:

Hi, I'm the powerful and ever strong Brexiteer that is certain of our domination of Europe in any future negotiations with our relationship with the EU but also terrified out of my boxers that a twenty year old stuck in a Syrian refugee camp without British citizenship and under constant media scrutiny maybe possibly could destroy us all via a method I haven't yet thought about.

Deadly haberdashery.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

I see the Sunday Times is gearing up for round 2 huh of their "secret Jeremy Corbyn recording"

JEREMY CORBYN ADMITS: WE "IGNORED" ANTI-SEMITISM

"The point of him [Falconer] is that he will look at the speed of dealing with cases, the administration of them and the collation of the evidence before it is put before appropriate panels and things," Corbyn said. "Because I was concerned that evidence was being either being mislaid, ignored or not used and that there had to be some better system"

JEREMY CORBYN ADMITS: I HAVE AN INTEREST IN "SPEED"

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If the train goes below 55 miles an hour, it's going to be nationalised.

Richard Branson as the driver.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Hi, I'm the Guardian writer who is 100% against Brexit, but might be convinced to support a no-deal if Jess Phillips came out in support of it on the provision that she'd let us lick her working class but beautiful, unsullied (Game of Thrones reference) feet.

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

Jose posted:

The Orville is cool and good

I watch it but I wonder if they intend it to be a comedy? That it isn't (except Isaac sex mockery).

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Gorn Myson posted:

Hi, I'm the Guardian writer who is 100% against Brexit, but might be convinced to support a no-deal if Jess Phillips came out in support of it on the provision that she'd let us lick her working class but beautiful, unsullied (Game of Thrones reference) feet.

What if she swore and called you names in a working class but loveable manner?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Farecoal posted:

I've heard it's surprisingly good, especially season 2. I just haven't watched it yet be because I loathe Seth MacFarlane

It's ok but it's way overated by people who remember next gen when they were young and want it back and on the tv forever before we all got old and trump and the tories and the towers fell.

Tv moved on. The expanse is better than next gen ever was.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

OwlFancier posted:

If the train goes below 55 miles an hour, it's going to be nationalised.

Richard Branson as the driver.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Dead Goon posted:

What if she swore and called you names in a working class but loveable manner?
By "working class but lovable manner" I assume that you mean "accent that isn't from the South East but isn't Scotch or Welshish", in which case I reply; you've read my mind.

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

Regarde Aduck posted:

Tv moved on. The expanse is better than next gen ever was.

Yeah but they are focusing on the wrong things for the TV adaption. Some of the book elements they brought across are way out of place on screen vs. in the books. Someone should have told the SCREENWRITERS (emphasise them and not the James S A Corey guys) what to leave behind in the books.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

The best solution to the trolley problem.

The DPRK
Nov 18, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

I've said it before and I'll it again. You are a treasure.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

1. Great.

2. You must be southern because I've never seen a train with an overhead pickup :v:

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Thanks

FWIW There's overhead pickup when I go to Newark Northgate

Azza Bamboo fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Apr 14, 2019

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

I may have ended up with a Virgin when I missed my train from Cambridge to Ely once.

Full of obnoxious kids on their way home from school; drat them with their lust for life and general all round happiness.

I sure gave it to them by sitting quietly and making no eye contact.

(loving kids)

Gorn Myson posted:

By "working class but lovable manner" I assume that you mean "accent that isn't from the South East but isn't Scotch or Welshish", in which case I reply; you've read my mind.

Norfolk, really broad "have you got a loight boiuy" type accent?

Dead Goon fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Apr 14, 2019

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
I haven't read the books (some excerpts I've seen are... Not so appealing) but The Expanse owns as a TV show, I'm glad it got saved even if its now an Amazon joint

I don't know anything about Orville other than Seth McFarlane is a dipshit and a friend of mine does this podcast https://m.soundcloud.com/theorvillewillbecancelled

Bundy make a Google spreadsheet of all the things you like and then we'll all make comments on it explaining why those things are bad, it'll be much quicker

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Farecoal posted:

Extremely same, he's america's James Corden. :v:

The Expanse is great though and I've been enjoying Star Trek Discovery, it's exactly the kind of nonsense with a heart of gold I want from Trek.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

Nuclear Spoon posted:

I haven't read the books (some excerpts I've seen are... Not so appealing)

Decent audiobooks if that's your bag. Jefferson Mays (no relation) is well cast as a narrator for them.