Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Kazy posted:

4 of the top 10 highest grossing movies are Marvel films. :psyduck: They're not dorky poo poo anymore, they're mainstream.

Taste is subjective and mass appeal is not indicative of quality.

Also gotta call myself out, was thinking of all the mega man stage themes for fun and couldn't recall Napalm Man's theme because it's super boring and sucks rear end, and also I forgot the second phrase of Gyro Man's theme but listening to it again was super pleasant and made the upper half of my face feel like a big tongue that just tasted an orange creamsicle. Anyways I had everything else down from a game I hadn't played or heard for 15 years so my donked up brain is still working pretty good in that category!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Endorph posted:

fire emblem is cool because women were crazy into the snes games to the point there were like five separate manga adaptations of fe4 running in different shoujo magazines at the same time

Wait, WHAT?!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

The Silver Snail posted:

Also gotta call myself out, was thinking of all the mega man stage themes for fun and couldn't recall Napalm Man's theme because it's super boring and sucks rear end, and also I forgot the second phrase of Gyro Man's theme but listening to it again was super pleasant and made the upper half of my face feel like a big tongue that just tasted an orange creamsicle. Anyways I had everything else down from a game I hadn't played or heard for 15 years so my donked up brain is still working pretty good in that category!

No one is talking about taste or quality and no pop culture is not subjective. It’s a very objective thing.

Pop culture just means popular, that is it

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

The Silver Snail posted:

No one is saying anything about quality dude.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

I am. I'm saying the movies are bad.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

If you derail a derail, is it a rerail?

No.

Recently RE2 sold the superweapons you get for getting max rank on hard mode for $5. Is selling an easy mode like this more or less offensive than cuphead's gimped easy mode?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I just don't understand how you can live in society and not run into pop culture. Do you just not interact with other humans? I don't follow Marvel stuff because I don't really like it but I still run into captain America and Thanos memes on a daily basis.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
missing out on a Marvel movie isn’t missing out on anything

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Where is Xenoblade $20?

Tomorrows Target ad.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Cojawfee posted:

I just don't understand how you can live in society and not run into pop culture. Do you just not interact with other humans? I don't follow Marvel stuff because I don't really like it but I still run into captain America and Thanos memes on a daily basis.

It's possible to talk about other things than Hollywood

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

ItBreathes posted:

No.

Recently RE2 sold the superweapons you get for getting max rank on hard mode for $5. Is selling an easy mode like this more or less offensive than cuphead's gimped easy mode?

More offense, cause Cuphead's easy mode is not only optional but also free.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

ItBreathes posted:

No.

Neither are offensive. git gud

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The worst thing about this derail is that the picture that started it all had nothing to do with the Nintendo Switch and we just let the op get away with it

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

They're remaking a GameBoy game for the Switch so it tangentially is topical.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Mario + Rabbids is also part of tomorrow's Target sale, so I'm finally going to cave and get it.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Waffle! posted:

Mario + Rabbids is also part of tomorrow's Target sale, so I'm finally going to cave and get it.

i started playing it the other day and it rules, i really hope the team that worked on it gets to do more games with nintendo franchises

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Knorth posted:

It's possible to talk about other things than Hollywood

Well yeah, but for these things to not show up on your Twitter/Instagram/Facebook/Youtube feed? I mean, I guess if you didn't use any of those sites then sure.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Holy gently caress, we need a Direct, so all of you fuckers can shut up about whether or not you recognize a celebrity, how much better it does/doesn't make you if you do, and how much better/worse Pokemon is that whatever movie.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I mean, personally my twitter/insta feeds are full of ecology nerds and tattoo artists not action movies but this is kind of getting offtrack lol

Hob continues to be very fun! 'Robots' being made of natural materials is an incredibly powerful aesthetic to me apparently

tiny stone child :3:

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

GreenNight posted:

They're remaking a GameBoy game for the Switch so it tangentially is topical.

Link's Awakening is the best Zelda game, modernizing it is going to own.

Klisejo
Apr 13, 2006

Who else see da' Leprechaun say YEAH!
Hard West more like Hard to see poo poo in handlheld West

I feel like I'm going cross eyed trying to play this poo poo. Guess I'll leave it for docked mode only.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

the only part of Rabbids+Mario that was real difficult for me was the operaman battle, always seemed like he knocked me further away from those goddamn switches

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

s.i.r.e. posted:

Well yeah, but for these things to not show up on your Twitter/Instagram/Facebook/Youtube feed? I mean, I guess if you didn't use any of those sites then sure.
I've seen my share of Captain America memes and let me tell you: it did not tell me anything about who Chris Evans is

I recognized his face and his name (but wouldn't be able to put one to the other), but otherwise, I'm pretty oblivious about Hollywood stuff. Not a matter of policy, just not really part of my interests.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Volte posted:

I've seen my share of Captain America memes and let me tell you: it did not tell me anything about who Chris Evans is

I recognized his face and his name (but wouldn't be able to put one to the other), but otherwise, I'm pretty oblivious about Hollywood stuff. Not a matter of policy, just not really part of my interests.

Nobody cares.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The important thing to remember AND to put it in perspective is that Fire Emblem outsold tickets to Marvel movies. It's not weird to not know what Captain America is but you're clearly a space alien if you don't recognize the intricate differences of 40 anime characters all with the same face and huge fantasy trenchcoat armor.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Where is Xenoblade $20?

Deals thread said starts tomorrow at target and I’ve got a red card so yeah :rms:

sethsez
Jul 14, 2006

He's soooo dreamy...

have some of y'all seriously never encountered a person with a pop culture blindspot before

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

ColdPie posted:

Link's Awakening is the best Zelda game, modernizing it is going to own.

I just replayed it recently and this is truth. I'd had it top 3 before but I think it is #1 now. We'll see when I replay MM if things change.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

sethsez posted:

have some of y'all seriously never encountered a person with a pop culture blindspot before

It’s just more the fact they are here on this dead gay forum that I think is giving everyone pause. Also, while there are a lot of marvel movies that aren’t great, the batting average of them being okay is pretty good, and a few are fantastic. (Winter soldier being my #1

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Bought Hollow Knight a good while back when it was on sale but haven't ever bothered to boot it up. Until today. What a huge loving mistake that was. Looks like I'm not getting anything else done now

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

LionArcher posted:

It’s just more the fact they are here on this dead gay forum that I think is giving everyone pause. Also, while there are a lot of marvel movies that aren’t great, the batting average of them being okay is pretty good, and a few are fantastic. (Winter soldier being my #1

Is there anywhere else you'd expect to encounter them besides the last internet forum?

Sudden Javelin posted:

Bought Hollow Knight a good while back when it was on sale but haven't ever bothered to boot it up. Until today. What a huge loving mistake that was. Looks like I'm not getting anything else done now

I put off Hollow Knight until it was on sale alongside $1 steam links. I put in 24hrs playtime in a week.

I still haven't plugged in the steam link.

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.

Sudden Javelin posted:

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of metroidvanias. The Metroid Prime games were fun but not really my thing. So I thought I'd just give this hollow knight thing a chance and... drat it's good.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
The level in Yoshi with the solar panel car, especially when you have to do collectables and ESPECIALLY when you have to do the scavenger hunt stuff was created by the devil from hell

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Mister Facetious posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mslxyJGjyZY

:aaaaa: :aaaaa: :aaaaa:

I knew he was top tier, but holy loving poo poo...

I had to pause the video a few times to take a breather while watching. drat. :eyepop: :popeye: :eyepop:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I just started the stage in Yoshi called "Be Afraid of the Dark"

Hey Nintendo

What the gently caress

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The fact that top-level tetris masters are exploiting the targeting of the KO option to scythe through the competition is amazing.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Posting ITT to say you're probably a weirdo if you cant recognize a pretty prolific actor and then also post a lot about how you're not a weirdo, doubly so if you're posting on a dead gay forum like somethingawful.com.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Mister Facetious posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mslxyJGjyZY

:aaaaa: :aaaaa: :aaaaa:

I knew he was top tier, but holy loving poo poo...
God waiting for them to drop an I down the hole was like edging

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I've been playing Tetris 99 because of the event thing, and while it's fun, it gets really frustrating by how random it is. One round I just play as best as I can and I get to top 20. Next round I'm clearing a couple lines and then I somehow get like 10 lines of garbage and it keeps piling on and I'm the 5th person knocked out within like 20 seconds. The next round, I get a notification on my phone and I'm looking at that. Then i look back and there's just pieces piling up in the middle and I make it to 75th place when the pieces pile up to the top. I just don't get how people are able to send several lines of garbage when I haven't even got enough pieces to even fill up a row yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

What’s the better game to play with 30-something friends that are not necessarily into video games?

Mario Party
Mario Kart
Mario Tennis
Other??

100% Jackbox, in particular...

Jackbox Party Pack 3
• Quiplash 2
• Trivia Murder Party

Jackbox Party Pack 4
• Fibbage 3
• Survive the Internet

You might also pick up Drawful 2, which is a seperate download

All of these games are played on your phones, with the main display on your TV. Very fun, can have up to 8 players. If you are comfortable making horrific jokes, Quiplash 2 and Survive the Internet are great. Others are trivia based