Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

actually looking at that screenshot again i think Smoka is kiting those worms!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

bump, where the save at? i last saw it on the 26th

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Yeah who has it!!

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

i sent the save forward on the 27th

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

anthonypants reporting in:

https://twitter.com/anthonypants/status/1116113203702800384?s=19

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

sorry, I have it. I went to an industrial automation thing and I didn't have time to do a proper treatment of the turn. I'll be able to do it tonight.

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

war! huh, yeah! what is it good for?

those trigger-happy Spartans have broken our comfortable and extremely mutually-beneficial treaty of friendship by destroying my laser foil at Memory of Joists in a surprise attack. this is broadly considered to be extremely rude and also deeply offensive to my society's peace-loving democratic tendencies.

here's the breakdown of enemy forces, leaked from the offices of the Gaian planetary governorship:

i'm not sure how the game can end up giving you three battle ogres but them's the breaks I guess. fortunately we don't share a land border, and they only have one transport (for now).

here's what their bases are up to:

armchair-general to your hearts' content!

elsewhere:

I come in peace! looks like you're both having a bad time there though...

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

I’m not up to date on alliances,is there an alliance view with like a spider web or similar?

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

Boiled Water posted:

I’m not up to date on alliances,is there an alliance view with like a spider web or similar?

I was looking for that too but I haven't found it yet. single player has that info on the faction infiltrator screen but I'm not sure how to get it in multiplayer.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Who will step up to defend us from the evil Spartans

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

I think I'm allied with the evil spartans

and if this is the case we'll definitely kick rear end

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

the hive would like to reiterate their continued support of and allegiance to the gaiains whilst condemning the actions of the spartans!!!

Glorgnole posted:

elsewhere:

I come in peace! looks like you're both having a bad time there though...

ah crap lol

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

The University pledges its support to the free nations of Planet against the unwarranted Spartan aggression and demands a new election to replace Santiago as council president as soon as possible.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

ligma falls

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

feeling lazy so peep this tweet, includes classified recon imagery of all player base complexes!

https://twitter.com/GarbageDotNet/status/1116984399436767233

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

your opsec is terrible

also my base names are bad and i'm taking suggestions for a better naming scheme

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Boiled Water posted:

your opsec is terrible

also my base names are bad and i'm taking suggestions for a better naming scheme

i did think on that but i figured we're playing for fun and it's nice if ppl have fun with us!

also we need to talk about your location and situation!

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

Boiled Water posted:

still haven't found the "official" view but here's a web i put together manually from commerce data and my own comms interface as of 2174. let me know if it's missing anything. blue arrows are pacts, green arrows are treaties, red arrows are vendettas.

looks like there's a bit of a competing power bloc situation!

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

2174: Memory of Memory of Joists

the Spartans just plowed on through and razed my base, even though if they'd just waited a few turns they could have captured it and made it their own. we must conclude that in place of mere conquest they are pursuing an agenda of annihilation.

we must secure our networks for the safety of our citizens.

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

imprisoned war criminal anthonypants posted:

also to update your posts in the thread:
because you and zakharov are in a pact, vendetta-ing against you auto-vendetta'd me and zakharov

spartans and the hive WERE in a pact, but they made their choice so I terminated it and now we're in a truce (I don't think you can revoke a truce)

everything I read online said that if you moved on an empty enemy base it would remove one level, but I couldn't find anything that said if you moved units onto a size 1 base it would blow up the base. and I couldn't exactly ask but at least now we all know

also aren't the pirates and the drones in some sort of alliance

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

yeah size 1 bases die if they get captured just like in every civ game

similarly you’re locked in a truce for 15 turns and then you revert to neutral

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
pirates and drones have an ideological alliance, I've sent them energy and poo poo

pirates don't really give a poo poo what other factions do lol

SmokaDustbowl fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Apr 14, 2019

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
spartans just did me a big favour so I owe them now

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Pirates should be trying to steal some sweet jungle real estate.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

PittTheElder posted:

Pirates should be trying to steal some sweet jungle real estate.

I'm busy constantly fighting worms

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Glorgnole posted:

still haven't found the "official" view but here's a web i put together manually from commerce data and my own comms interface as of 2174. let me know if it's missing anything. blue arrows are pacts, green arrows are treaties, red arrows are vendettas.

looks like there's a bit of a competing power bloc situation!

as of year 2174 i have a pact with gaians, drones, university and believers plus treaties with pirates and spartans

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
just did my turn so I'm gonna post this for the spartans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HUWUtTZvK4

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

SmokaDustbowl posted:

just did my turn so I'm gonna post this for the spartans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HUWUtTZvK4

the hive has your back, as should the Believers...

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Pile Of Garbage posted:

the hive has your back, as should the Believers...

I should have been more clear, the spartans e-mailed me that song with their turn lol

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I should have been more clear, the spartans e-mailed me that song with their turn lol

lmao

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
things are starting to get complicated wrt faction diplomacy now lol

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

SmokaDustbowl posted:

owned

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

nooooooooooooooooooo

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

bump. did the Spartans go nuclear and delete the save because that would be a war crime and i'll see you at the UN Council!!!

edit: err i was j/k, anthonypants already passed the save onto smoka.

Pile Of Garbage fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Apr 27, 2019

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
yeah sorry, i missed the notification for the last time the email got sent to me and ended up holding onto it for a few days longer than usual, WHOOPS

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

i'm trying to save up the 40 credit upheaval cost so i can switch to Planned econ in social engineering to crank that sw8 +2 Growth +1 Industry but it feels like it's taking forever :(

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Pile Of Garbage posted:

i'm trying to save up the 40 credit upheaval cost so i can switch to Planned econ in social engineering to crank that sw8 +2 Growth +1 Industry but it feels like it's taking forever :(

the spartans are gearing up for war, and I'm pretty sure they have the most bases, so take that into account

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
there's a lot going on you can't see in glorgnole's screenshots lol

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
in maybe 2 turns I'll have a base near where glorgnole's was destroyed. it's too late to stop my colony pod and it's too protected anyway lol

I owe the spartans a favour for that, so I suppose I'll pump out some troop transport ships until they get some sort of air power. can you load another faction's troops into your transport?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFEHN30hq30

SmokaDustbowl fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Apr 29, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

SmokaDustbowl posted:

the geothermal ocean is mine