Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Ramc posted:

love to look weak near pan

RIP moonvine the fucker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Voyager I posted:

So I don't know if I'm reading this correctly, but I don't think Ramc is even trying to get into a hellwar with Phaecia. He's just expanding outward throughout the seas and if some of that happened to be inside the cap circle of a non-amphibious nation then oh well.

He's not trying to hellwar Phaecia, he's trying to knock out the island nation early and take that juicy cap income, and that happens to involve a bit of killing. There's no way this game goes down without Pelagia and Phaecia going to war by turn 15.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Hellwar would suggest that it's a fruitless endeavor that only ensures they both lose the Throne contest.

This is just a normal war that either someone (Ramc*) will win or a truce will be found.

* (We're early enough in the game that if he lost there wouldn't be much of an LP)

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

I mean, "lost" in this context just means "Phaecia knocks out the forward armies somehow and a truce is called." Phaecia really doesn't have the means to actually prosecute an offensive war underwater against Pelagia - at least not this early. It'd hardly be the end of the LP if that's what happened (and it's probably not).

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Lord Koth posted:

I mean, "lost" in this context just means "Phaecia knocks out the forward armies somehow and a truce is called." Phaecia really doesn't have the means to actually prosecute an offensive war underwater against Pelagia - at least not this early. It'd hardly be the end of the LP if that's what happened (and it's probably not).

We are so far away from each other a meaningful counterstrike at this stage is impossible. It would take him a year to march an army to me if he had an amphibious one. Also kind of same for my own cap troops.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Phaecia can't fight Pelagia underwater so Ramc was never going to respect their aquatic holdings, but does Pelagia have the tools to profitably get into a surface war and siege down a capital this early? There's a lot of ocean provinces left to claim, so even if he can amass enough forces to take Phaecia's capital it might not be worth the opportunity cost of lost expansion time. My thought was that HowAreU might be talked into accepting that the ocean belongs to Ramc for the time being and the two could otherwise go on their way.

The real shocker to me is the cowardly surface-dwellers who are content to allow Pelagia to hold land provinces. Motherfucker has a quadruple-sized ocean to himself, and y'all just gonna sit there and let him squat on your expansions too?

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

To be entirely fair, with multiple nations apparently having really bad expansions, those nations that didn't are probably only too happy to snap up all the extra territory they can. Though yes, Ulm and Nazca really should be booting Pelagia back into the fishbowl once they're through their initial expansion - with that much free UW territory Ramc already has, they really don't need to be giving them access to their land exclusive troops too.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
I do love the feeling I get remembering when Ramc was all "uh I guess I'll take a Dom4 key if no one wants it" and then all of a sudden it was like "oh hey wait I think I like winning, I'll win all the games now"

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.
corn ftw

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
It's hardly a hellwar is you bulldoze them in 10 turns.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Turn 21

Ok some fights some events. I don't see a thing about rehiring the ship wreckers what madman would pay as much as I had offered?

anyway we get some research-

a c i d r a i n

So did the ship wreckers at least clear a pro-

what in the world

fukken lol how much gold is that whatever i'm not even mad an actual army will roll that once i get one here but the absolute lunatic i love it i guess that explains why i didnt get them again. at least i keep the 350 gold

the other fight barely is worth screenshotting-

But I did it anyway. This army is heading east now.

HOW MANY WONDERS CAN ONE CAVE HOLD

The overview. Expanding has slowed a bit but now we have some OBJECTIVES to ACHIEVE

In the south we are converging on the throne. I reorganize my troops under my god and under the BLACK PRINCE who I rename-

To something more in-theme.

Check out the +morale bonuses tho for my god and PRINCE ERIC-

extremely determined line troops

So I arrange my army for the throne battle here it is-

Sacreds in the middle line, flanks are wave warriors. Atlantean chaff up the middle to eat some nets and exhaust my foes.

Phaecia zone. The fort is set up and I am getting wizards and poo poo and troops gathered here, hell yeah.

Nazca is chasing asphodel here and I am seeing if I can get a look for strategic BATTLE DATA and also for you, the fans.

The overview. THRONE PROVINCE AHOY which one could it be???? this is exactly* like christmas eve

quote:

samog
i am defeated , by being bad at video

how are u
what happened?

ewie
awake great sage pretender as MA ctis

samog
no
something darker
dormant anunuaki, m5 scales

ewie
so powerful
recruit enough spare priests and you can get 10 turns on 2 turns off

samog
what?
pretenders are not allowed to become diseased by their own dominion silly

ewie
that is not how it used to be
also that is Lame

how are u
those are some nice fire arrows ewe

Ramc
was that like 32 pd
absolute madman i am not even angry

samog
somebody told me they were killing vanham. that vanham was already dead. and now im fighting one thousand invisible ponies and i dont know where they are

ewie
ty howareu
i'm sure the pd and my mans appreciated it

how are u
i look forward to watching the siege of jotunheim
how much did you spend on the mercs rams?

Ramc
probably 300 the first time? I have a screenshot in the LP files
I was going to pay 350 this turn but they died so now i dont have to spend anything

*or your pelagian equivalent

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Slams + PD as hard as humanly possible

E: ichtyids are idiot fish men but they do carry nets and a boss war shambler in a net can be poked to death pretty easily

How are u fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Apr 14, 2019

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Wait, your god can get diseased from your own dominion as C'tis?

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

How are u posted:

Slams + PD as hard as humanly possible

E: ichtyids are idiot fish men but they do carry nets and a boss war shambler in a net can be poked to death pretty easily

Question on pd fear slamming.

Do you watch how much gold is spent, or do you spend all your gold, then quietly tap the down button to more rational levels?

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I'd be interested in reading a little more about formations and scripting. I have a real hard time figuring out who should go where and what everyone should be doing.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Torrannor posted:

Wait, your god can get diseased from your own dominion as C'tis?

They could in Dom 4 at least. I'm not sure if its true in 5 or not

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Your god, prophet, and also any sacred units and commanders you find are immune, I think.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

my dad posted:

Your god, prophet, and also any sacred units and commanders you find are immune, I think.

Correct. I am pretty sure your god is also immune in dom4 at least.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

:blessed: Fire: And Why Does It (What's the Word?) Burn? :blessed:

Time to distract from my ship wrecker debacle. LETS TALK ABOUT BLESSES HA HA

Superior Morale
For 1 fire bless point your units receive an improved morale boost. ANY bless at the VERY least gives all your sacreds +1 morale. If you take one point of this bless you get another +1. And you can keep taking it over and over if you want. It isn't terrible. Morale is important to keep your troops from breaking and fleeing, and making sure they attack the targets you scripted them to. That said I wouldn't build around it. If you have a spare fire point there you go it is literally the only one fire point bless.

Minor Fire Resistance
Okay now for 2 fire bless points you can get 5 points of resistance to fire damage. Fire is probably the most common non physical damage type flying around and sports some real nasty field-clearing spells like firestorm. This is probably why it costs 2 unlike all the other minor elemental resistances thus far which were 1.

Major Fire Resistance
For 3 fire bless points you get 10 fire resistance and you can stack it with minor fire resistance for 15 total. Besides being straight up lit on fire you also might just pass out from heat auras or suffer extra battlefield encumbrance because most people do heat scales. Well good news fire resistance prevents most of that too. 15 fire resistance isn't going to save you if like a chaos power Azi breathes fire on you but hey what are the odds of that happening?

Attack Skill
Also 3 fire bless points, this gives you +2 attack skill which makes it easier to hit enemies and repel attacks. Much like the defense bless it mirrors in water this is just blandly low-key useful as even a small difference between attack and defense can make a big difference. If you are a madman you can take this multiple times but it is so expensive don't you want something else?

Inspirational Presence
For 4 fire bless points your sacred commanders passively grant a +1 morale bonus to all the troops they command and also can lead 30 more troops in general (you can take this more than once but there must be a better use for 8 fire bless points). This is another blandly good but spendy option. This does give your non sacred troops the morale bonus too perhaps obviously, so long as their leader is sacred.

Death Explosion
Ha ha ha I love this. For 5 bless points this incarnate fire bless makes your troops e x p l o d e o n d e a t h. It was even recently patched to make the AoE on the explosions bigger if your unit is a larger size (AoE 4+unit size) for 10 fire damage give or take. This is fun as hell but you have to make sure you don't self-own spectacularly and also think tactically about what your sacred are doing. I have seen many a Goofus Marignon, dazzled by the thought of expendable and cheap sacred flagellants pick this only to have their entire backline of sacred mages go up like a string of firecrackers off a stray arrow. You want to pair this with fire resistance. You REALLY want to. My favorite Gallant move here is picking it on a nation with flying sacreds, set them to hold->attack rear and watch them go. They attack backline mages and if they die, they take swaths with them. It's great and I won a game as EA Caelum doing this.

Heat Aura
For 5 fire bless points and an incarnate god you can get an exhausting heat aura. This grants heat aura(3) and like the chill aura that rating goes up or down in relation to the temperature scales. It is also my understanding that the heat aura bless doesn't function under water while the chill aura one does. Alas. On the upside the heat aura sometimes lights enemies on fire and that is great. Heat aura doesn't kill your enemies fast, but will eventually fatigue out your foes. It's pretty good on thugs or other tanky troops that can last long enough to make it meaningful. As a bonus you get 10 points of fire resistance on top of the aura so you don't kill yourself with it. How thoughtful!

Fire Shield
For 6 fire bless points this incarnate bless grants blessed sacreds a fire shield more or less per the fire shield spell. Anyone taking a swing at you takes damage, around 6 or so I think give or take depending on weapon length. It's a pretty good bless, especially on troops that can tank well. Or troops you can mass well. I had a good game with Marignon flagellants combining luck, bless and blood vengeance. A recent update made the spell fire shield not work underwater and that may also now be the case for the bless too but maybe someone can confirm there. Messed up if so!

Flaming Weapons
For also 6 bless points and also incarnate this gives your sacreds flaming weapons. This is just sort of blandly good all around. It's an extra 6 armor piercing damage to all attacks (except like mind blasts and breath weapons). Fire damage is pretty good all around and some nations are even vulnerable to it (Niflheim and Lanka come to mind). Sometimes it even lights a guy on fire and that's good for a laugh. Also if your enemy has ethereal troops at least the fire will hurt. An honest, workman bless.

Awe
For 7 fire points and also incarnate we have Awe. Awe is a very powerful effect that I kind of don't like paying for because it never works on what you want it to. Any time a unit takes a swing at a unit with Awe they have to make a morale check. If they fail they don't even make the attack. This can let you overwhelm many troops. But it is a morale check and it doesn't work on ranged attacks or spells. Undead never fail morale checks. Berserking units never fail. Gods and prophets have tons of morale, basically anything really dangerous probably has a high morale because being awesome is good for your self esteem.

Fire is a sort of blandly good bless path for the most part. Everything in there is kind of useful and a few (fire shield mostly) can force your enemy to rethink their approach to fighting your sacreds which is always good- people hate having to think. Several nations- Abysia and Marignon come to mind, have bonus bless points too if you go fire, so you will have more points to work with. You can solve a lot of problems by setting them on fire.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Heads up there is a mandatory death explosion bless gimmick game that needs a couple more people to sign up before starting.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

How are u posted:

Heads up there is a mandatory death explosion bless gimmick game that needs a couple more people to sign up before starting.

Mandatory Death Explosion is my new band name.

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I'd be interested in reading a little more about formations and scripting. I have a real hard time figuring out who should go where and what everyone should be doing.

I may do a writeup on it someday but if other people want to weigh in go wild.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

How are u posted:

Finally, a reason to play LA Jomon!

(That reason being exploding Samurai. :getin: )

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

How are u posted:

someome buy me dom5 while it's on sale i will love you LONG time discord only i dont have pms anymore :pcgaming: does heat aura's resist stack with the other ones as well for dummy thicc fire resistance?

edit: pd strong respect the tiny men with sticks

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Speaking of PD, which nation has the best PD? Mictlan? They get Jaguar Warriors and priests on their forts right?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

quote:

e x p l o d e o n d e a t h

I've had enough. How the heck are you supposed to read such text?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Bloodly posted:

explodeon d' eath

Easy enough to read, what are you talking about?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
My favourite pokemon.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

my dad posted:

Speaking of PD, which nation has the best PD? Mictlan? They get Jaguar Warriors and priests on their forts right?

best pd is like least bad anime, it's still not any good

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Libluini posted:

explodeon d' eath

Easy enough to read, what are you talking about?

That's funny, I got DEATHMANS EXPLOSIONATORS the first time I read it.

Then when I looked in your quote it was Explode Man Death Rumpus.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Bloodly posted:

:rolleyes: Spoken like a spoiled kid who's never had to deal with having l i t t l e m o n e y :v:

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Pierzak posted:

:rolleyes: Spoken like a spoiled kid who's never had to deal with having l i t t l e m o n e y :v:

It's entirely possible that the poster was born in this century, and has never played the game.

We're old :negative:

fake edit: though not with a registration date of 2008

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Pierzak posted:

lessmoney was a different game

quote:

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Pierzak posted:

I have. That doesn't explain how and why everyone's doing it for no good cause. It's popped out out of nowhere. It's not emphasis(That'd be bold), it's not a text bug, and it's not a reference.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Apr 15, 2019

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

it’s just a dUmB mEmE

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bloodly posted:

I have. That doesn't explain how and why everyone's doing it for no good cause. It's popped out out of nowhere. It's not emphasis(That'd be bold), it's not a text bug, and it's not a reference.

culture is weird friend we see things, like them and steal them

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Turn 22

No research bits but the big fight is here. Also we found a site!

It is +1W nothing fancy. But charming!

Okay but there is only one fight, on the THRONE no less-

UW thrones are basically gimmies if you have a halfway powerful army. These defenders are only marginally more threatening than the Phaecia 30+ PD province.

Our army! The throne is in my candles so my god blesses all sacreds by default. Sweet deal.

Eric deffo has some sort of auto-luck thing. Very nice.

And my god is on the field. Fun fact having your god present is a +1 morale modifier for your troops.

Instead of spamming water elementals which is real and dangerous as hell, the w3 hydromancers spend their gems casting Water Ward, a buff spell that gives their troops in a pretty wide AoE +5 defense. That's also pretty good, but not really gonna be good enough.

Speaking of defense this is why I have a bunch of atlantean chaff in the front. Nets immobilize victims, causing them to be really easy to hit and preventing them from hitting back until the victim breaks out. Nets can only be used once per fight, though, so better to let the atlanteans catch them instead of risking real troops.

FIRST BLOOD

Noone important is in a net! The system works.

Also my cool army lines more or less dissolve into a massed murder blob. That's Dominions!

The massed murder blob overwhelms the enemy army.

It's a pretty decisive win.

Now lets see what throne it is...

I have complex feelings about this. lots of gems but -2 prod will hurt our troop production. My god will search for sites this turn then see how I feel about claiming it the next turn. It's a lot of gems but I do need troops too.

Ok on to those events first

:argh: choose ME dammit

I will send a water mage to investigate.

The overview! My west army continues to move east while I mass dudes in the forts there.

I am building the temple in my fort here finally, and hiring some mages to support the massed wave warriors Phaecia has a few forts up now too, it looks

I start building the throne fort and begin to round up some more troops from around my cap to get ready to move out to assorted fronts. Most of the throne troops are moving out northward toward the amber clan and the Jotunheim coast as that throne army is fully amphibious actually!

My research whims change. I want some of the low hanging fruit as I don't have so many A gems to make rushing evoc 6 worth it YET.

the overview. My armies are on the move again.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Bloodly posted:

S P A C E D T E X T aescthetic has been floating around the youtube internet for about two years. I first encountered it with vaporwave and still seen it carried forward with Traphouse streams featuring high simpson characters.

It is a way to denote a peice of text should be read with the gravitas of a wizard you'd find airbrushed on the side of a van.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
It's important for the many many many websites where young people like to comment but are not allowed to use bbcode.

It is a young person thing.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

KirbyKhan posted:

S P A C E D T E X T aescthetic has been floating around the youtube internet for about two years. I first encountered it with vaporwave and still seen it carried forward with Traphouse streams featuring high simpson characters.

It is a way to denote a peice of text should be read with the gravitas of a wizard you'd find airbrushed on the side of a van.

when i do spaced text i am doing the paul bearer voice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Spaced text voice is definitely an ancient lich hard whispering a curse.