Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

DrBouvenstein posted:

While not 'Modern' by any means, there was an internet-only 'Season 3' of The Critic made in the early 2000's. Like 10 or 12 mini episodes that were only a few minutes long each, mostly just the staple movie parody clips for movie trends/tropes that appeared since the mid 90's during the original run.

It's God awful. No Duke, no Doris (though the VA was dead, so that was a given,) no Alice, no Jay's parents, Marty, or Margo, no Jeremy.

The only specific thing I remember about it is Jay breaking the fourth wall to ask the audience if he should sleep with a woman or not... He finds out she has several kids, so makes a really bad joke about 'double-bagging' with two condoms for his protection.
I saw that on one of those old flash game websites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

RZA Encryption posted:

Shows should never be revived. See: x files, arrested development, fuller house, etc

I feel like the first season or 2 of the revived Family Guy were still pretty good before the formula got stale

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

RZA Encryption posted:

Shows should never be revived. See: x files, arrested development, fuller house, etc

The brief Beavis and Butthead revival was good

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great

RZA Encryption posted:

Maybe limit that to comedy shows. Twin Peaks my dude

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Lol remember the Ren & Stimpy revival?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

:vince:

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Fawf posted:

There was solid gold in the new episodes. I mean, some of them were insanely good, like I actually laughed out loud.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Me to this thread every time I read it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY46hiNYtEw

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

haha

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

AbsurdHeroine
Feb 27, 2007

One must imagine Sisyphus happy.

DrBouvenstein posted:

While not 'Modern' by any means, there was an internet-only 'Season 3' of The Critic made in the early 2000's. Like 10 or 12 mini episodes that were only a few minutes long each, mostly just the staple movie parody clips for movie trends/tropes that appeared since the mid 90's during the original run.

It's God awful. No Duke, no Doris (though the VA was dead, so that was a given,) no Alice, no Jay's parents, Marty, or Margo, no Jeremy.

The only specific thing I remember about it is Jay breaking the fourth wall to ask the audience if he should sleep with a woman or not... He finds out she has several kids, so makes a really bad joke about 'double-bagging' with two condoms for his protection.

It. Is. So. Bad.

I watched them all to my immediate, unceasing, and ascending horror. Made a thread about it which no one liked, nor should they have, but had to express my feelings of disappointment & revulsion so, y'know, Internet forum.

insert_funny
Jan 5, 2013

I can never have plastic surgery, because I don't feel like chipping in another five bucks to change the picture.

Hihohe posted:

You've got Buy my book, All hail duke, peas jay.
The memes are there

Yes, all hail Duke. Duke is life.

muscles like this! posted:

They're filled with fresh green pea-ness.

That's terrible. I'm leaving with a handful of peas for the road.

Mak0rz posted:

Lol remember the Ren & Stimpy revival?

(said through a mouthful of frozen peas) We don't talk about that in polite company.

[your signature is being processed. check the notification bar for updates]

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

amazing
:dudsmile:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

insert_funny posted:

Yes, all hail Duke. Duke is life.

we are the bears that sing for duke, do-dah, do-dah

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

the only thing i remember from the shockwave critic episodes is him calling pikachu gay. that's the most 1999 internet humor i can think of.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

How droll.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
THose things were real real bad and I can only hope Lovtiz really needed the money for something important.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Raskolnikov38 posted:

we are the bears that sing for duke, do-dah, do-dah

the hillbilly bear as Bill Clinton still to this day cracks me the gently caress up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikZEio9pet4

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Johnny Aztec posted:

THose things were real real bad and I can only hope Lovtiz really needed the money for something important.

Hopefully for more Andy Dick punching.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Code Jockey posted:

the hillbilly bear as Bill Clinton still to this day cracks me the gently caress up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikZEio9pet4

All the Clinton gags in the Critic are great but it's so weird to remember how much people made fun of Clinton being fat when it wouldn't even register today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui-rm1e_CAs

The Forrest Gump 2 scene is great too but I can't find it anymore on youtube.

Fawf posted:

:hfive:

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Code Jockey posted:

I love that the heart-wipe stinger is the same one from the Simpsons.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Irradiation posted:

All the Clinton gags in the Critic are great but it's so weird to remember how much people made fun of Clinton being fat when it wouldn't even register today.

If I remember right, King-Size Homer has him at a whopping 300 lbs when he's super obese. Like, 300 lbs nowadays is definitely fat, but when you have poo poo like My 600lb Life it seems kinda quaint.

Not to mention he's regarded as super fat in general, but only weighs like 240lbs. Yeah that's fat, but doesn't seem "stereotypical fat guy" fat.

E: I've always been a loving twig so maybe my judgment of what is/n't fat is off, tbh.

CodfishCartographer fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Apr 14, 2019

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
I'm sure someone must have done this already but I can't remember seeing it in this thread so far.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lmao

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

CodfishCartographer posted:

If I remember right, King-Size Homer has him at a whopping 300 lbs when he's super obese. Like, 300 lbs nowadays is definitely fat, but when you have poo poo like My 600lb Life it seems kinda quaint.

Not to mention he's regarded as super fat in general, but only weighs like 240lbs. Yeah that's fat, but doesn't seem "stereotypical fat guy" fat.

E: I've always been a loving twig so maybe my judgment of what is/n't fat is off, tbh.

240 at 6'4" is right on the borderline of overweight and obese

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Peanut President posted:

240 at 6'4" is right on the borderline of overweight and obese

good thing our president threaded the needle right at 239 then

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Raskolnikov38 posted:

post the picture

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Whybird posted:

I'm sure someone must have done this already but I can't remember seeing it in this thread so far.

Who's that in the checked jacket in the top right? Another Hitler?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I'm thinking of a "Do it for Herr" with a picture of Hitler but no idea what the situation to use it would be

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Clinton was reportedly 225 lbs at his fattest and he was 6’ 2” which makes Trumps claims of 1 lb under obese :smug: an even bigger lol.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Peanut President posted:

post the picture
Sorry, there is no picture of Trump standing on some scales while his gigantic lard belly is resting on a towel holder.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

frankenfreak posted:

Sorry, there is no picture of Trump standing on some scales while his gigantic lard belly is resting on a towel holder.

And Stephen Miller crouching behind him holding up his rear end.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Samuringa posted:

I'm thinking of a "Do it for Herr" with a picture of Hitler but no idea what the situation to use it would be

Does it really need a situation.

Have the Simpsons or futurama ever animated axis powers?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

e.pilot posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

e.pilot posted:

Hitler showed up in one of Grandpa's rambling stories.