Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I’d love a Journey into Mystery show but Sif wasn’t in Ragnarok because of the actresses TV show which I’m pretty sure is still on, so I don’t see how they’d do a series with her that takes up even more time and they sure as hell aren’t going to buy out her contract or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Retro Futurist posted:

I’d love a Journey into Mystery show but Sif wasn’t in Ragnarok because of the actresses TV show which I’m pretty sure is still on, so I don’t see how they’d do a series with her that takes up even more time and they sure as hell aren’t going to buy out her contract or anything.

Yeah, Blindspot is still ongoing. Not that they couldn't recast, but she's not coming back any time soon.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

The Dave posted:

Hawkeye can die in the movie and they can still do the show because no one actually cares about continuity like that.

When I watched Captain Marvel, the trailers that they showed were Endgame, with Carol appearing in the end, and Far From Home, so yea.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Vince MechMahon posted:

Hey guys. Hellboy loving sucks.

Yeah, it wasn't good. the monster designs were cool but Hellboy himself was really whiny, was Perlman's Hellboy a big whiny baby?

Pisschat: Only film I've gone for a piss in was Transformers: Age of Extinction because I could have missed most of that and not missed anything important.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

CelticPredator posted:

God, Pearlman’s hellboy is so sweet. Harbour’s is such a crazy rear end in a top hat with no good features.

Except his BIG DICK!:airhorns:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

bessantj posted:

Yeah, it wasn't good. the monster designs were cool but Hellboy himself was really whiny, was Perlman's Hellboy a big whiny baby?

Nah. Not unlike the comics, he was kind of a blue-collar dude who saw it as a job.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
More piss talk. I’m not flexing, I have a group of maybe 10 people who I would vary going to the cinema with and I can’t recall any of them getting up in the middle. Not trying to poo poo on people, if you have an actual physical condition then apologies.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.

kaesarsosei posted:

More piss talk.

How do you begin a sentence with this and don't immediately regret even thinking of it, much less actually making a post?

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Look some of us just love piss okay

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Dawgstar posted:

Nah. Not unlike the comics, he was kind of a blue-collar dude who saw it as a job.

Thanks, I've seen Hellboy and Hellboy and the Golden Army but couldn't remember if he was a bit whiny, I didn't think he was.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
He's more manchildish than whiny, especially in the second movie that kind of regresses his character.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
For a moment I thought this was a Trump thread in Cspam with all the piss talk.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

I can't wait for the moratorium of piss.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

twistedmentat posted:

For a moment I thought this was a Trump thread in Cspam with all the piss talk.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Just Piss

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

In non-piss talk, I'm actually kinda glad I didn't get tickets for Endgame on the 25th because my tooth broke earlier this week due to an impacted wisdom tooth boring a hole in it, so I get to have that tooth and all four of my wisdom teeth taken out the Monday before! Fun!

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

kaesarsosei posted:

More piss talk. I’m not flexing, I have a group of maybe 10 people who I would vary going to the cinema with and I can’t recall any of them getting up in the middle. Not trying to poo poo on people, if you have an actual physical condition then apologies.

Please tell us more about your piss group's achievements.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

mycot posted:

The way people are describing new Hellboy is giving me weird deja vu to the difference between Devil May Cry Dante and DmC Dante.

The difference is DmC Dante was still good, just different.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Vince MechMahon posted:

The difference is DmC Dante was still good, just different.

:ohno:

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Uhhhhhh
Nopenopenopenopenopenope not getting involved. I'll see myself out.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

David D. Davidson posted:

Uhhhhhh
Nopenopenopenopenopenope not getting involved. I'll see myself out.

Bathroom break?

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!

Barry Convex posted:

The Sif one is particularly laughable - it's from a no-name fansite and it's a character who hasn't appeared in a film in well over a half-decade; you seriously think they're going to spend Marvel Studios money on her? I actually hadn't heard of the War Machine rumor until the other day, but it looks like it's only from a few fansites, so I wouldn't believe it either, though it's at least more plausible.

I wouldn't mind a series about Sif to find out where she's been. Or how she was cut off from Asgard during the destruction of it? Or even if it was Sif trying to find a help people or start a new life on earth.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Andrew_1985 posted:

I wouldn't mind a series about Sif to find out where she's been. Or how she was cut off from Asgard during the destruction of it? Or even if it was Sif trying to find a help people or start a new life on earth.

That reminds me of a What If from about a decade ago about Thor being the herald of Galactus, which in retrospect was like a prototype for the basic plot of Ragnarok. Just replace Loki with Hela and Galactus with Surtur.

Anyway, in the end, it's shown that Balder escaped Asgard before it exploded and went on to become Chicago's most beloved superhero. I wouldn't mind seeing a version of that with Sif.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Speaking of What If, they're apparently doing that as a series too.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Hellboy and the Golden Shower

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
As much as I liked Civil War, I would have loved if Captain America 3 was just this.
https://twitter.com/MarkRuffalo/status/1116822984474398720

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Man they've been working on this movie for a while! :downsrim:

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Movie Thread: Full of Thanus and Piss Takes

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Arist posted:

In non-piss talk, I'm actually kinda glad I didn't get tickets for Endgame on the 25th because my tooth broke earlier this week due to an impacted wisdom tooth boring a hole in it, so I get to have that tooth and all four of my wisdom teeth taken out the Monday before! Fun!

Oh hope it goes well. I had to have half a tooth taken out when I cracked on playing rugby. Some of the stuff they inject your mouth with to deaden your gums leaked out onto my tongue. Foulest stuff I've ever tasted.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

PunkBoy posted:

As much as I liked Civil War, I would have loved if Captain America 3 was just this.
https://twitter.com/MarkRuffalo/status/1116822984474398720

TIME TRAVEL CONFIRMED!!!

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
A while ago, I created [this] thesis on Clan Black Order regarding Titan pee, etc. I'll post it here with some post-scriptum edits and abridgement, it was created over the course of approximately 40 minutes. In several posts.

It started off as an analysis of Thanos’s piss, trying to figure out what it'd smell and taste like. I quickly realised that most scents originate fro

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Arist posted:

Too bad you couldn't see the movie while hopped up on the dentist's best drugs.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

bessantj posted:

Oh hope it goes well. I had to have half a tooth taken out when I cracked on playing rugby. Some of the stuff they inject your mouth with to deaden your gums leaked out onto my tongue. Foulest stuff I've ever tasted.

I thought we had moved past piss talk.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hellboy is flopping. It is projected to make less than the first movie for an opening weekend.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Is anyone surprised? Every trailer has looked like poo poo.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Shazam question: isn't the Earth hosed in like 80 years because they no longer have the ability to pass on powers?

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012

Jamesman posted:

Speaking of What If, they're apparently doing that as a series too.

This sound great but are they really going to get the big-hitters from the movies on-board?

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Beachcomber posted:

Shazam question: isn't the Earth hosed in like 80 years because they no longer have the ability to pass on powers?

Given that the Wizard was thousands of years old, it seems super long life is one of the super powers you get when you are made a champion.

Then you’ve got six siblings a couple of centuries to figure out how to rebuild the staff to pass on the power.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

kaesarsosei posted:

This sound great but are they really going to get the big-hitters from the movies on-board?

It's animated. You do sound alikes if you can't convince the primaries to get into the booth for a day.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

muscles like this! posted:

Hellboy is flopping. It is projected to make less than the first movie for an opening weekend.

I'm praying that Lionsgate will end up pulling a Devil May Cry by pretending this film never happened and getting Del Toro back to do Hellboy 3 instead. :pray:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

JordanKai posted:

I'm praying that Lionsgate will end up pulling a Devil May Cry by pretending this film never happened and getting Del Toro back to do Hellboy 3 instead. :pray:

gently caress it, I hope del Toro goes like "nope,lol" and makes another Shape of Water but instead of not-Abe is not-Hellboy.

And wins all Oscars.