Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

BrightWing posted:

Whats the easiest way to get light for Anima's nowdays?

A9S Party Finder groups. I did the whole step in less than an hour I think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Been a while since I posted pictures so have too many of them.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Coughing Hobo posted:

This has been my MCH glam since lv50, the only change being the goggles once I hit 60 because since ARR I've wanted goggles on my forehead

What top is that? Looks rad.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Brainamp posted:

Been a while since I posted pictures so have too many of them.

Rockin', as always. Your stuff always makes me want to do more research to actually make good pics too.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

That retainer info makes me want to swap my fsh retainer to a bot, but I remember retainer leveling being horrible, especially because I don't have old sets of gathering gear to hand off. Is there some secret way to painlessly level the buggers?

(This is also why my combat retainers are still BLM and sam despite me not playing either class anymore.)

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Speaking of retainers, I... have no idea what to do for mine! I unlocked them and haven't done a thing with them :negative: Yapping has been basically helping me as I try to blitz through ARR to get to The Good Parts but I feel I'm not getting as much of a lesson in How To Play as I could be.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Send them out on missions to get goodies. I send mine out on exploration missions all the time and sometimes they bring me back really good things - like primal weaponry for glamour or equipment I'd never use but can turn in for Company Seals which I can use to buy glamour prisms or more ventures. Or they bring back something I can sell and I just put it up for sale.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

lol I didn't even know you could send retainers on missions

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I don't think I've even hired any yet. Is there any meaningful distinction between them or can I just grab a random one

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
All that changes is what they can do when you pick their job. Combat classes can get monster drops and the three gatherers can go get the items that you gather on those classes.

Don't know why you wouldn't have a retainer, thats free storage space!

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
How do you not have retainers? Did you skips through all the quest text urging you to look into them?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah, the game doesn't make it perfectly clear but retainers both function as the equivalent to a bank and are also how you sell things on the market board. Should absolutely get them as soon as they unlock.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Its entirely possible it was 4 or so in the morning and I was tired and read the text but my brain didn't retain any of the information :negative:

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Only limitation is they can't be higher level than you, so don't make one say a brd if you don't play brd.

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012

Cart Mountain posted:

I just came back after not playing since 4.2
For a filthy casual like myself that doesn't do Savage/Extremes , is the crafted 380 HQ weapon probably the best option for me? Or is there a tomestone weapon that's a higher ilevel I should be gunning for?

Are you on Excalibur? I can make you a 380 weapon later tonight.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Eimi posted:

Only limitation is they can't be higher level than you, so don't make one say a brd if you don't play brd.
My only class with any levels right now is Lancer/DRG, so that won't be for a long-rear end time.

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

I'm bad; I'm just not born that way.
In addition, for gearing retainers, DoW/DoM only care about iLvl, and DoL only care about gathering stat.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Nidhogg! I have decided upon the soil for the likes of you!

Like an idiot, I thought that when you took a screenshot, it would have the ReShade effects applied to it. Turns out, you have to either use the specific ReShade screenshot button, or, as I later did, set them to the exact same button. But I like these screenshots even without, so.

Two things that I do at the end of each expansion: I put my tanks away, and I gently caress around with fantasias.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Would've been neat if the game had told me there was a quest I had to do to unlock ventures for my retainers :v:

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."

Jimbot posted:

like primal weaponry for glamour or equipment I'd never use but can turn in for Company Seals which I can use to buy glamour prisms or more ventures. Or they bring back something I can sell and I just put it up for sale.

How do this?

Solovey
Mar 24, 2009

motive: secret baby

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Like an idiot, I thought that when you took a screenshot, it would have the ReShade effects applied to it. Turns out, you have to either use the specific ReShade screenshot button, or, as I later did, set them to the exact same button. But I like these screenshots even without, so.

yo awesome screenshots but don't actually do this, i had to learn the hard way that sometimes reshade will just not save a capture at all if the in-game screenshot function is triggered at the same time :smith:

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
I have been playing this game. Just hit 40 on Bard, and it looks like I'll have to start leveling on purpose to keep up with the story stuff for the first time.

I also haven't touched my retainers because it seemed annoying that I would have to give them gear.

Is it dumb not to have joined a guild yet?

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Stagger_Lee posted:

I have been playing this game. Just hit 40 on Bard, and it looks like I'll have to start leveling on purpose to keep up with the story stuff for the first time.

I also haven't touched my retainers because it seemed annoying that I would have to give them gear.

Is it dumb not to have joined a guild yet?

If you're on excalibur, yes. If not, still yes, but less so.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

S.J. posted:

Would've been neat if the game had told me there was a quest I had to do to unlock ventures for my retainers :v:

use this https://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Guide:Progression_and_Level_Locked_Content

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

Finished all the Heavensward MSQ stuff tonight. Overall a big step up from the ARR story, loved the boss fights and that Final Steps of Faith fight against Nidhogg, cutscenes and all, was :eyepop: That really felt like the true end of HW.

I thought the ending Far Edge of Fate stuff was kind of a lame way to set up for Stormblood; while I didn't see that Griffin reveal coming, I felt very meh about Papalymo's sacrifice and that whole Yda/Lyse thing. Overall though I'm really enjoying this game.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

well gently caress. thank you!

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009

Failboattootoot posted:

If you're on excalibur, yes. If not, still yes, but less so.

I am. Does it matter which guild?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Join PBC, don't be a third stringer goon scrub.

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

Don't join DGKK, we are a bunch of jerks. You can tell by our tag, which is <<jerks>>.

Serious answer: All three FCs are more or less the same. The primary difference is that TPT has a formal rule against story spoilers in FC chat, DGKK discourages it if people know that there's a newbie on that would be sensitive to it, and I have no idea about PBC.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

PBC has a no latest patch discussion for spoilers.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Don't join TPT we certainly don't have a house in fantasy Japan that's super pretty and poo poo.

TPT has a fairly comprehensive no-spoilers policy beyond the latest patch, but sometimes we just can't help our enthusiasm when someone hits a major plot beat or crowning moment of awesome.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
join <<jerks>> if you enjoy pro kissing tips from dudes who know how to kiss

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

In my 2 week crash course of SMN to prepare for UWU, i've learned that,hey, you get 15 whole seconds of Dreadwyrm trance! I shoudlen't just hit the big Deathflare button right away even though it looks cool and does a ton of damage!

I know it won't really matter a ton in UWU, but in AOE/dungeon situation how do you keep your dots going on everything at once? I know you Tri-Disaster+Bane to get it all on them but unless i'm still doing it wrong it's impossible to keep them all the mobs all the time?

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
If a pack is living long enough for you to consider redoting it after the initial Bane, yell at everyone else to actually push their drat AOE buttons instead. Though for the few packs where there's a beefier mob, feel free to redot it when they time out if you'd get like 3-4~ ticks at least.

Axle_Stukov fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Apr 14, 2019

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I see, that's what i figured considering how difficult it is to set it all that back up without skipping on Bahamut.

What about AOE damage? Is that what Tri-bind is for? Is it worth hitting even though Ruin 3 is instacast during Trance?

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

All goon guilds are good and I really wish I could be in all three Excalibur guilds at once. Still waiting on that FC Alliance...

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

I'm somewhat tempted to buy a transfer to Excal from Coeurl just so I can join a goon FC. After exploiting that sweet, sweet server XP to get everything to 60 first, granted

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

BisbyWorl posted:

I'm somewhat tempted to buy a transfer to Excal from Coeurl just so I can join a goon FC. After exploiting that sweet, sweet server XP to get everything to 60 first, granted
If you're not JP I think you'll get a free ticket to travel around in a couple of weeks

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Yeah, soon there will be free world transfers for the NA data centers when they add one more to the mix and move some of the existing servers to it. I'd recommend taking advantage of this boon when it happens. The more goons we have in one place, the better. I like having so many diverse people to talk with at various times of the day. :unsmith:

Just got my Physeos weapon tonight. We had to bail before AV because the support group wiped at Tristitia and then timed out the FATE at 1%. Atleast I got enough fragments for my weapon, so I can lol about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Nessus posted:

If you're not JP I think you'll get a free ticket to travel around in a couple of weeks

The Grimace posted:

Yeah, soon there will be free world transfers for the NA data centers when they add one more to the mix and move some of the existing servers to it. I'd recommend taking advantage of this boon when it happens. The more goons we have in one place, the better. I like having so many diverse people to talk with at various times of the day. :unsmith:

Just got my Physeos weapon tonight. We had to bail before AV because the support group wiped at Tristitia and then timed out the FATE at 1%. Atleast I got enough fragments for my weapon, so I can lol about it.

The main issue is that so far I have two combat classes at 60 (plus BLU at 50), then one crafter and gatherer at 50. Any transfer will be a long, long ways away.