Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nenonen)
What should the presidential powers be in 2020?
This poll is closed.
UNLIMITED!!!! URKKI 2.0!!!!!! 3 23.08%
Sauli should be allowed to telecast to our homes whenever he pleases, but that should be the limit. 2 15.38%
He should be limited to writing mildly worded letters to HBL and other provincial newspapers. 2 15.38%
None. More power to Sanna & Katri & Maria & Li & Anna-Maja & Jenni! 2 15.38%
Unlimited, but every decision must be subject to a plebiscite. 0 0%
None, but the president's life must be video streamed 24 /7 for the duration of their term, with no censorship. 4 30.77%
Total: 13 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Sulphagnist posted:

Irrespective of personal behaviour, if you are a politician and/or you put yourself in the public eye (let's say by being a vocal nazi and a racist), you (should) also enjoy a lowered degree of protection against kunnianloukkaus.

Absolutely, but the reverse should also be true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Sulphagnist posted:

I'll take PS getting 25 % if it means Kok getting less than 10 %.

That doesn't mean that we won't get another PersCock-coalition.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Darkest Auer posted:

Apparently judges disagree with you. The case will probably go to hovi unless Vehkoo thinks the sums involved are too petty, but as it is you're wrong.

What.

I'm describing the law as it is. The judge's interpretation doesn't conflict with what I'm saying either - the judge's interpretation says calling someone a naziclown is so offensive it's considered halventava even if it's true.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

endlessmonotony posted:

What.

I'm describing the law as it is. The judge's interpretation doesn't conflict with what I'm saying either - the judge's interpretation says calling someone a naziclown is so offensive it's considered halventava even if it's true.

It's demeaning to everyone who went to clown university and is actually a clown, Ph.D.

It's basically stolen valor from Pelle Hermanni.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006

Which is fitting, because Ligur considered paying money for something the same as that something being free.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Kyllähän toi jälkimmäinen tiedetään ilman kylttejäkin, hyvä että vaivautuvat joskus välillä eristämäänkin kuitenkin

EDIT: Completed my quest and enjoyed makkarat from all major parties. Thought I'd save the time and get sausaged by the political class before the election.

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Apr 13, 2019

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Who had the best nakkimukitarjoilu

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
It's fascinating to see how journalists and commentators have begun to praise the Master for his awkward suffering demeanor and dismal mannerisms.

"The people want someone who's serious, shy, looks at the ground, and gives annoyed lectures." :hb:

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

doverhog posted:

It's fascinating to see how journalists and commentators have begun to praise the Master for his awkward suffering demeanor and dismal mannerisms.

"The people want someone who's serious, shy, looks at the ground, and gives annoyed lectures." :hb:

yeah, seen the samething. and from the same people who used to spit on him

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

doverhog posted:

Virgin Jussi vs Chad Timo

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Theme for today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDH0ArZRGLk

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Speaking to Danish newspaper Politiken, Iltalehti reports that Halla-aho commented that he has no "personal ambitions" to become the prime minister or any sort of minister for that matter. Indeed, he's already made up his mind when it comes to his future plans, but he's not telling until after the EU elections in May. The next party convention at the end of June will be "interesting" when it comes to his future plans. What matters to him that TF becomes big enough that other parties have to adapt to their immigration policies, like what happened in Denmark and Austria.

So we might not even get TEH MASTER on the helm, but maybe one of his lackies. I shudder to think of the alternatives.

No. 1 Callie Fan fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Apr 14, 2019

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

doverhog posted:

It's been like that ever since kok started to freefall.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Speaking to Danish newspaper Politiken, Iltalehti reports that Halla-aho commented that he has no "personal ambitions" to become the prime minister or any sort of minister for that matter. Indeed, he's already made up his mind when it comes to his future plans, but he's not telling until after the EU elections in May. The next party convention at the end of June will be "interesting" when it comes to his future plans. What matters to him that TF becomes big enough that other parties have to adapt to their immigration policies, like what happened in Denmark and Austria.

So we might not even get TEH MASTER on the helm, but maybe one of his lackies. I shudder to think of the alternatives.

Pääministeri Hakkarainen.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Gortarius posted:

Pääministeri Hakkarainen.

uuh aah dont stop Im almost there

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

HerraS posted:

uuh aah dont stop Im almost there

Pääministeri Hakkarainen

Ulkoministeri Huhtasaari

Sisäministeri Immonen

Valtionvarainministeri Putkonen

Kulttuuriministeri Eerola

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
maybe just MAYBE other politicians have much to learn from da masta? From what I saw in the first half of some political debate program I watched, he doesn't talk about "taking responsibility", "dynamic effects" or such empty concepts. He also realises that multiculturalism has some serious issues concerning primitive feelings of trust, societal compatibility, etc. that none of the proponents have addressed. "OMG PS IS SKYROCKETING HOW COULD THIS BE THE PARTY WAS SUPPOSED TO BE DEAD AFTER THE SPLIT"

I thought after Trump got elected the media PROMISED to start taking all these weirdo factions more seriously, but here we are again. Wow, such astonish, very surprise.

Yeah I know, "welcome back Ligur" and so on, but no. I would never vote that bunch of crazies, but just ignoring and laughing at them is just about the most idiotic thing if you're trying to mitigate the issues they bring.

Also: all humans discriminate against some groups of people (usually based on ethnicity, political views, sex and sexual orientation, but also clothing and whatever you can imagine). Once you find this truth within yourself, you can start learning to compensate for it on a conscious level and provide understanding to those who are still fearfully stumbling in the dark.

Yeah, foreign people moving in is a miniscule issue in the big scale, but if some folks feel like it's the number one issue of all time, then those people cannot be silenced just by telling them that they're wrong.

SnowblindFatal fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Apr 14, 2019

Golden Gate Bride
Oct 23, 2008
knife to meet you
Dude, I hear you, but me laughing/crying about persut here doesnt mean I think the people voting for them are truly human waste. The ignorance of let say 70% of voters concerning basically any issue you can not boil to a single yes/no question is just crushing though. Persut also seem to scratch that gently caress you got mine - itch for a lot of people, and that poo poo is why everything is going päin helvettiä. Surely there are also other reasons to vote for them, and the reasons and issues probably stem from same concers people who vote for example VL have.

But Yeah, solidarity and empathy towards your fellow man is key. I dont think I actually get your point though. Are you talking about same stuff you did in your exhange with Mustajärvi? How is laughing about kok more agreeable than persut in the same context? Or are you just talking about how media handles things?

matti
Mar 31, 2019

didnt vote

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro
Nykanen?

*Literally* helped a drunk Finn in Bangkok vote by signing as a witness to her absentee ballot a couple of weeks ago. Just doing my part as an American to support freedom and Democracy throughout the world!

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

ReindeerF posted:

Nykanen?

*Literally* helped a drunk Finn in Bangkok vote by signing as a witness to her absentee ballot a couple of weeks ago. Just doing my part as an American to support freedom and Democracy throughout the world!

A noble deed which shall not be unpunished unrewarded. :finland:

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

I think the media and pundits falling over themselves to praise Halla-aho is based on a fear of repeating what happened in the US in 2016 where the media class widely beclowned itself by dismissing Trump. What followed was a still-ongoing mission to remedy this by doing repeated interviews and vox pops of the elusive Midwestern Trump voter, which is utterly beside the point and missing the true trends in the background (anti-system, anti-political, anti-elite mindset entwined with white supremacy).

I guess they're just trying to avoid feeling embarrassed after the election? Basically, if PS get 15-17 percent in the vote in three elections in a row, that means the question of whether being racist has been adjudicated by the Public and racism is, in fact, now Good. Kinda like how Kokoomus being in nearly every government since 1987 must mean that cut-throat pro-business crony capitalism is also Good.

matti
Mar 31, 2019

i like the bit where the tabloids act as a booster for murobbs engineers

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Sulphagnist posted:

I think the media and pundits falling over themselves to praise Halla-aho is based on a fear of repeating what happened in the US in 2016 where the media class widely beclowned itself by dismissing Trump. What followed was a still-ongoing mission to remedy this by doing repeated interviews and vox pops of the elusive Midwestern Trump voter, which is utterly beside the point and missing the true trends in the background (anti-system, anti-political, anti-elite mindset entwined with white supremacy).

They didn't tho? A big part of people's issues with the way Trump was handled by the media was how they gave him free publicity and didn't provide any counterpoints or criticism. For the most part they just repeated his lies without calling them out as such. Very few media outlets bothered to even pay lip service to standing up against his brand of bullshit and because the American voting base is what it is, it was overall a net positive for him.

In other topics, I'm considering voting on a "pick a random number" principle because all the candidates kind of suck and/or won't be elected anyway

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Ruflux posted:

In other topics, I'm considering voting on a "pick a random number" principle because all the candidates kind of suck and/or won't be elected anyway

It's eduskuntavaalit you vote for a party

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Andrast posted:

It's eduskuntavaalit you vote for a party

Obviously but I live in loving Oulu and it tends to disillusion you when Keskusta is the automatic victor among most individual groups polled which makes me actually interested in finding whoever I agree with the most and going on that basis

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ruflux posted:

Obviously but [misses the said obvious point completely].

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend
Voted for mustanaamio

Actually voted in advance, we drove around 15-20 ex-convicts to vote, most of them for the first time in their life (some of these guys being in their 40s or 50s). Now, this sounds good until you think about what they were likely voting for but one step at a time lol.

What I'm saying is if we ever get a fascist regime in this country, I'm blaming me for it

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Man, I would feel a lot more confident about tonight if I didn't have to rely on SDP and Antti loving Rinne to not drop the ball if we don't want Perskeko II to happen. Especially when I feel like they've been dropping it in slow-motion for about a month.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Sulphagnist posted:

Man, I would feel a lot more confident about tonight if I didn't have to rely on SDP and Antti loving Rinne to not drop the ball if we don't want Perskeko II to happen. Especially when I feel like they've been dropping it in slow-motion for about a month.

perskeko kakkoseen ei riitä paikat, ne tulee tarviimaan hihhulit kanssa

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Sulphagnist posted:

I guess they're just trying to avoid feeling embarrassed after the election? Basically, if PS get 15-17 percent in the vote in three elections in a row, that means the question of whether being racist has been adjudicated by the Public and racism is, in fact, now Good. Kinda like how Kokoomus being in nearly every government since 1987 must mean that cut-throat pro-business crony capitalism is also Good.

I'd say it's much more about creating a narrative. Halla-aho/persut was bashed in media until Cock started falling and after that it's been all about persut. Two of the most commonly heard talking heads (like Mika Aaltola and Timo Haapala) have been vocal about hating SDP and being pro crony capitalism and have been pushing the idea that SDP is doomed and persut will rule the day. Aaltola has also been flirting with racism and in the past few days Iltalehti has dredged up a couple of old unsolved murder cases of young women insinuating it was them dirty non-whites who were guilty. Haapala was already talking about how the new government won't last and we'll need new elections soon.

Meanwhile foreign press has been wondering why all the talk about immigrants and that it's cool that climate change was one theme in the elections.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Well ultimately I decided I was being a dumbass and voted for a non-rear end in a top hat party and a candidate I apparently mostly agreed with so all is well, important lessons in functioning democracy were learned and seriously I will not stop laughing if this country fucks this up yet again

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Getting ready for ääntenlaskenta

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Result page for poo poo n giggles: https://tulospalvelu.vaalit.fi/EKV-2019/index.html

Golden Gate Bride
Oct 23, 2008
knife to meet you

Nenonen posted:

Getting ready for ääntenlaskenta

This

Cascade Failure
Jan 8, 2010

Me, with the f5 butan:

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH
Buckle up, boys. Tänään tulee vitullinen jytky.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Catpain Slack posted:

Buckle up, boys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Catpain Slack posted:

Buckle up, boys. Tänään tulee vitullinen jytky.

Ja vaalituloskin saattaa yllättää!