Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Furia posted:

Arcade Gannon best companion

Second best Boone

whiskey rose, you idiot. you absolute moron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Glenn Quebec posted:

The woman lisping "is there punching!!?? Punccchhinngg" in new vegas will eternally grate on me.

Every obsidian game has a manic pixie woman

It was 2010 and Felicia Day was hot poo poo in the nerd community at the time.

Just be thankful that Veronica had a good companion quest when she wasn't being twee as gently caress. Also be thankful you weren't playing Dragon Age 2 where she was literally just fantasy Felicia Day with the creepiest elves ever put in a video game. Imagine doing a photo transfer of Day's face and then stretching it over inhuman bone structure. It's terrifying.

Also Kotor 2 doesn't have a manic pixie dream girl. It has an rear end in a top hat bounty hunter, a blind rear end in a top hat with a death wish, an rear end in a top hat Kung Fu master with an inferiority complex thanks to her bitchy sisters, and another Blind rear end in a top hat who is sick of all these star wars.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Apr 13, 2019

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

BMan posted:

Most fun build IMO is melee/explosives, you can actually get enough 40mm grenades to use it as your main weapon. :unsmigghh:

I actually flamed out on my first character because shotgunning people in the face wasn't as effective as I felt it should have been. I rolled a melee/explosives guy and ran around with Thump-Thump as my primary weapon. Got through the main story and all the dlc except Honest Hearts with that character. :allears:

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
You need Shotgun Surgeon to make Shotguns fun, but if you have that and then add 'And Stay Back', you're death on two legs, even against enemies with a pretty high DT, it's just hilarious how badly you gently caress up everyone and everything everywhere. The more pellets per shot the better, too, low-pellet shotguns are noticeably worse, so the hunting shotgun/dinner bell are just straight up better than caravan shotguns, etc.

Seriously, Shotgun Surgeon and And Stay Back almost break the game.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Arcsquad12 posted:

Also Kotor 2 doesn't have a manic pixie dream girl.

*cough*

*cough*

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
manic program dream bot

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Vinylshadow posted:

*cough*

*cough*

And yet you're posting a picture from his garbage depiction in the MMO.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Arcsquad12 posted:

And yet you're posting a picture from his garbage depiction in the MMO.

Still better quality images than what we got in KOTOR/2

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Vinylshadow posted:

Still better quality images than what we got in KOTOR/2

that game came out sixteen years ago

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Hauki posted:

that game came out sixteen years ago

And still no hd remaster

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
There's a lot of HD retexture mods that quickly devour the game's memory and leads to crashes from a memory leak.

We're not getting any remastered Star Wars games until EA loses the license and Disney switches to the Games Workshop style of "give the license to literally anyone and then sift through the crap to find good games like Vermintide or total Warhammer"

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Reality Winter posted:

And still no hd remaster

Bioware is too busy working their employees to death on.....Anthem? wait, no, that can't be right.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Powershift posted:

Bioware is too busy working their employees to death on.....Anthem? wait, no, that can't be right.

I hear they're working on a secret project, codename "Gary Glitter"

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

CharlestonJew posted:

I hear they're working on a secret project, codename "Gary Glitter"

Early word is that the story is “inappropriately touching”

ETPC
Jul 10, 2008

Wheel with it.

Deadguy2322 posted:

Early word is that the story is “inappropriately touching”

:catholic:

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
It turns out you can't use your saves for the fallout 1 mod Fallout Fixt. Is it worth playing using the mod or should I just go vanilla?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

hostess with the Moltres posted:

It turns out you can't use your saves for the fallout 1 mod Fallout Fixt. Is it worth playing using the mod or should I just go vanilla?

never heard of it

probably not worth it

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

never heard of it

probably not worth it

It's supposed to add in some fixes to dialogue and adding children as well as official patches but I don't really want to go through character creation again.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I wouldn't mind seeing a remaster of Fallouts 1 and 2 in the vein of Beamdog's Baldur's Gate remaster or the Planescape Torment remaster.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

At this point I'd be content with a remaster that triples the resolution so you can actually read the text and tell what's happening on screen

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Vinylshadow posted:

At this point I'd be content with a remaster that triples the resolution so you can actually read the text and tell what's happening on screen

This already exists? The built in widescreen from the newer Steam and GOG versions works out of the box and pretty much any resolution, and there is a "2x" scale option so you can have, say, a 1080p resolution enabled, but still have everything the same size/scale as if you were viewing the original resolution. I'm using a 2560x1080 Ultrawide monitor and both F1 and F2 work out of the box on that resolution. They are perfectly sized and readable. Just make sure to check 2x scaling in the vid options. It does add a touch more pixilation, but it's definitely worth it.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I am somewhat scared of Bethesda getting the idea of Remastering 1 and 2 to fit whatever dumb canon they want. It is likely too costly a venture for Todd to take, but he did make Fallout 76 and Elder Scrolls Blades so it isn't like they're above making incredibly stupid mistakes.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

They're gonna remaster them as phone games with microtransactions because gently caress you, you'll eat poo poo and like it.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Powershift posted:

They're gonna remaster them as phone games with microtransactions because gently caress you, you'll eat poo poo and like it.

Deluxe Companions! Comes complete with improved AI, authentically recreated 'Talking Head' conversations, zero damage friendly fire, romance subquests, unique gear, and more!!! Only $4.99 USD.

Also there's over two dozen new companions.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
I think a Fallout spinoff for the 3DS that used the classic style could have worked.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
If the todd is going full gently caress you mode he should hire Chris Avallone to write up a version of New Vegas where every character is Ulysses and all he does is bitch about you and your choices.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Father Wendigo posted:

Deluxe Companions! Comes complete with improved AI, authentically recreated 'Talking Head' conversations, zero damage friendly fire, romance subquests, unique gear, and more!!! Only $4.99 USD.

Also there's over two dozen new companions.

... $4.99 for what's basically an entirely new way to play the game isn't that bad a deal

Might wanna move the decimal a little to the right

quote:

Only $49.99 USD

Hm...little more

quote:

Only $499.99 USD

Perfect

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

Crabtree posted:

If the todd is going full gently caress you mode he should hire Chris Avallone to write up a version of New Vegas where every character is Ulysses and all he does is bitch about you and your choices.

Your companions already do this in Fallout 4 anytime you dare pick anything up off the ground.

It's why the spend the whole game keeping Mama Murphy company in Sanctuary.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Vinylshadow posted:

... $4.99 for what's basically an entirely new way to play the game isn't that bad a deal

Might wanna move the decimal a little to the right

Hm...little more

Perfect
You misunderstand. It's $4.99 per companion.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Bos paladins in Lost Hills: "man I wish I was over in Appalachia right now!"
*Uninterruptible advertisement for FO76 plays*

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Father Wendigo posted:

You misunderstand. It's $4.99 per companion.

That's still a steal

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
The master turns into a skyrim dragon.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Would be kinda neat if some clever modder figured out a way to merge Fallout 4 and Skyrim together somehow

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

wafflemoose posted:

Would be kinda neat if some clever modder figured out a way to merge Fallout 4 and Skyrim together somehow

I'm pretty sure that's the plot of starfield

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

wafflemoose posted:

Isn't that just Fallout 76?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/NZXTJapan/status/1118167869529788417

If I read that right, it comes out at the end of May with only a thousand units made?

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I've actually used a couple of cases from that brand, they aren't terrible. But nah, I don't need a Fallout PC case.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I do

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
NZXT makes good cases but lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

I have to wonder how the eye-straining blue-and-yellow would look in a room full of grimdark Mass Effect and Dragon Age and Elder Scrolls poo poo. Especially because you know that poo poo it gonna be sitting on someone's desk, proudly displayed as a monument to wasted money.