Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should have won All-Stars?
This poll is closed.
Monet X Change 17 12.41%
Trinity the Tuck 36 26.28%
club96 84 61.31%
Total: 137 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
I kind of just want to hang out with Shuga, Brooke, and Nina. They all seem like they'd be fun people to just hang out with.

That's all I got for this week, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

caligulamprey posted:

I am absolutely here for Yvie, though her TELL IT LIKE IT IS bluntness is 100% attributed to being 25 years old. The fact that she's right a solid 80% of the time is a plus in her favor though. I was definitely talking mad poo poo about knowing everything at 25 and I guarantee you I hovered at about 2%. Ugh. Your 20s are your mistake years. That poo poo's gonna mellow out in a decade.

Ra'Jah is 33 and that attitude ain't pretty. But she was good television. Also that just should have been a full burlap pantsuit.

That's funny, 'cause Gilbert Gottfried is one of the funniest human beings on the face of the earth, sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

Honestly, I think 80% is low. What has she been wrong about? Her GOING FOR Silky was cathartic as gently caress. She blew her head off. gently caress Silky, rude hypocrite.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I read spoilers and I actually don't want to watch the season anymore but I saw this and it made me feel better https://twitter.com/pearliaison/status/1117156075495497731

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

yvvie reminds me of that line from the big lebowski: "you're not wrong, walter, you're just an rear end in a top hat"

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

alf_pogs posted:

yvvie reminds me of that line from the big lebowski: "you're not wrong, walter, you're just an rear end in a top hat"

tea

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
See this a lot but I find it refreshing that she'll call people out there and then, rather than through talking heads or behind someone's back... Yvie is the truth

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

blizzardvizard posted:

Probably because that usually means you've lipsynced 2-3 times and it's time for you to go anyway

I think the rule of thumb is if you lipsynch for a third time, you're going home. Ra'jah lipsynched four times.counting the six-way

edit: and yeah, surviving three lipsynchs does not make you an assassin, Ra'jah is totally mediocre at lipsynchs, she's no Jujubee, Kennedy, Peppermint, or Naomi Smalls. That's taking things the exact wrong way. Hmm I've been in the bottom three times but I'm still here... I guess I'm great at lipsynchs!

also I hope Yvie can use some of that Ru money to get stem cell treatments or something :unsmith:

Pellisworth fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Apr 14, 2019

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Please do not rewrite things fresh in our mind.

Rajah loving annihilated Mercedes with the James Brown:Livin In America lip sync.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOlyqJ7-kaA

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
"annihilated" you forgot to add quotes

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I stand by my words. If you watch that and go, "meh, she's mediocre" id like to sample whatever it is you're taking.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
You want a drug that makes you disinterested and bored?

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Vintersorg posted:

I stand by my words. If you watch that and go, "meh, she's mediocre" id like to sample whatever it is you're taking.

It was a decent, high-energy performance but nothing that really wowed me or that puts her anywhere near lipsynch assassin status. Also she somehow lost her tiny wig.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Guilty posted:

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Guilty posted:

...watching an episode on ketamine would certainly be an interesting experience

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

we'll take our tea in the bedroom

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
SHUT UP AND gently caress JESUS

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Sorry, just watched that video again and I'm finding it hard to believe that anyone says it's 'high energy'. At 1:38 they literally just stand there still pointing for like 5 seconds not even bopping up and down. They both stop when Ra'jah loses her wig and are both shocked. No one is dancing, they're just walking back and forth. Jesus at one point Mercedes walks into the shadow and ACTIVELY dodges the drat spot that's trying to find her, she's in the dark for like 2 seconds. Rajah never even crosses the stage until the end, she's just rooted in one spot stomping her leg. then for some reason they do the splits? Rajah tries to air guitar at the break, and we all know how well that works during a drag show.

Rajah was clearly the winner here because Mercedes was half asleep on stage. But let's be real here, 'loving annihilated'? Really?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I like Ra'Jah's more stripped down lipsyncs. I'm sick of stunts and gimmicks.

That said her lipsync this past week wasn't very good. Neither her or A'keria were tbh.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Every time I see a queen say something awkward as she exits the stage, I think of how utterly ridiculously consequential those 10 seconds of Vanessa's life were.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Lmao I finally watched the Drag Race Thailand finale and there was NO WAY it ended anyway except from the way it did.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Propaganda Machine posted:

Every time I see a queen say something awkward as she exits the stage, I think of how utterly ridiculously consequential those 10 seconds of Vanessa's life were.

Same. You know that's running through every queen's mind now

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Valentina's AS4 exit is prob my fave queen exit in a long while

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
http://www.club95.fr/index.html

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Honestly the first 30 seconds of that sync are insane with Rajah stomping around and commanding that stage.

But whatever, I know where I stand. Almost feels like your gaslighting me.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

that lipsync is super one sided but I wouldn't put it up on the list as an assassination (like, it's not on the level of Dida Ritz vs The Princess or anything)

Guilty
May 3, 2003

Vintersorg posted:

Honestly the first 30 seconds of that sync are insane with Rajah stomping around and commanding that stage.

But whatever, I know where I stand. Almost feels like your gaslighting me.

"Gaslighting", Jesus....

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
idc about this debate but I wish people stop sending rajah death threats. chillax, it's just a tv show.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

idc about this debate but I wish people stop sending rajah death threats. chillax, it's just a tv show.

truth; wrong behavior no matter the queen

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoAY1AWro84

New Runway Rewind!

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
Bleh. I wasn't all that excited about Rajah's lip syncs either. I mean I guess it was high energy or whatever? I think you need more than a good stomp, clap, squat, kick, point to be an assassin.

the escape goat posted:

...watching an episode on ketamine would certainly be an interesting experience

I made the mistake choice of watching the 1st ep of Alyssa Edwards' Dancing Queen show while on shrooms.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yeah Ra'Jah's nothing special, but I don't think she's terrible either. She got good energy and her moves are clean, but I don't get much face from her.

Granted she's the best we've seen so far imo. I have a feeling none of the actually great lip syncers have lip synced yet this season lol

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Does anyone know what happens to the dresses that are made on the show? Do the queens get to keep them or are they property of the show?

warez
Mar 13, 2003

HOLA FANTA DONT CHA WANNA?

resting mitch face posted:

I made the mistake choice of watching the 1st ep of Alyssa Edwards' Dancing Queen show while on shrooms.

The music-video-ish sequences would have been overwhelming for me (especially the bowling one?)

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Can there be too many queens coming to visit? I don't think I have enough money for all this! :lol:

Katya was announced this week.
Latrice is coming.
Alyssa Edwards is coming.
Derrick Barry got announced.
Season 11 queens as well.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Normy posted:

Does anyone know what happens to the dresses that are made on the show? Do the queens get to keep them or are they property of the show?

They probably are told to keep them, then after filming an invoice for the materials just shows up at your house

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Normy posted:

Bob wore her dress from the 1st ep that sh emade out of curtains in her "Purse First" video and a few of the queens have worn dresses constructed on the show.

I would absolutely not be shocked if they were invoiced for the fabrics and materials.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

the escape goat posted:

Bob wore her dress from the 1st ep that sh emade out of curtains in her "Purse First" video and a few of the queens have worn dresses constructed on the show.

I would absolutely not be shocked if they were invoiced for the fabrics and materials.

Nah the fabrics and stuff are usually from one of the companies sponsoring the show/getting sum advertising. iirc the fabrics and wigs provided by the show are usually poo poo quality also.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Yeah, it's free advertising - I don't think they'll get invoiced.

E: Ariel posted her Snatch game and it would have been sick.

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Apr 18, 2019

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I'm so ready for Snatch Game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

esperterra posted:

Nah the fabrics and stuff are usually from one of the companies sponsoring the show/getting sum advertising. iirc the fabrics and wigs provided by the show are usually poo poo quality also.

it was a bad joke about how cheap the production is.