Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Wildtortilla posted:

The king on floor 1 is a real aashole only because of his attack that makes a dense cluster of bullets expand out from a bomb. gently caress that attack.

I think that is one of the first hurdles of the game, being able to not panic when you see the mass of bullets. Once you get over that hump, so much of the game becomes easier and more fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I can no hit most of the bosses pretty reliably

But I also have that brain problem where, once I get hit even once in a run, I get worse and worse because my perfect run has been ruined

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Billy Gnosis posted:

I think that is one of the first hurdles of the game, being able to not panic when you see the mass of bullets. Once you get over that hump, so much of the game becomes easier and more fun.

That attack is really a lesson on positioning. If you're maintaining distance it's easy to avoid. If you are close and/or don't have room to manuever it's a nightmare.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

precision posted:

I can no hit most of the bosses pretty reliably

But I also have that brain problem where, once I get hit even once in a run, I get worse and worse because my perfect run has been ruined

I got lead god on the run where I was laser focused on trying to unlock the robot because I wasn't worrying about it. Otherwise I was lucky if I made it to 3 master rounds.

Billy Gnosis fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Apr 12, 2019

Helion
Apr 28, 2008
I have gotten one hit away from Lead God before and I am still salty about it.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i just cleared the shambling round, shelleton, and shroomer hunting challenges in one sitting

i had a lot of stress to work off this week

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

No hitting King on Floor 1 is a great start. He's rather easy, potentially the easiest on floor 1, but it is a holyfuckthatsalotofbullets moment. Old King is a son of a bitch though.

I've been grinding out elevator'd Floor 2 runs trying to find High Dragunfire and I'm probably at around 50 completions tonight. My logic might be flawed: I've gotten it so I have a reg shotgun on spawn and rush through the floor until I find a secret area and then reset. I know how huge of an area it is, so I know it can only spawn in places with enough room. It seems like it can only spawn on the left or right of a room, and contrary to the highest youtube vid it doesn't have to be in a chest room (since there is another vid of it being a random rooms wall). I understand there is a possibility for two secrets on one floor, and that it could potentially be after the boss, but the chances of either seems incredibly low. I also want to keep the shotgun for the runs. I'm also assuming that you can't get the high dragunfire from the chest when you're doing rainbow runs.

With my 500+ hours in the game and knowing about secrets for most of it, I'm hoping it doesn't take much more time to find it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
My current Huntress run is on the Forge with 3 master rounds, a heart wallet, hungry/zombie/+1 bullets, nanomachines, muscle relaxant, and an absurdly good spread of guns including ac15, ak47+regular shotgun, the Judge, invertebak47, etc etc

Now how am I gonna screw it up

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug
Do you need to have killed lich once before paradox can be unlocked? I've never done that I think

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
The more I play if this game the more I want to play it.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Chin Strap posted:

Do you need to have killed lich once before paradox can be unlocked? I've never done that I think

I'm going to say likely.

the gunslinger is the lich, so the paradox to unlock probably requires fighting the lich first.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
I think it's only the regular 4 pasts killed.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I used mod the gungeon to spawn a blood shrine and finally unlock life orb (and thus reach 100%, as high dragunfire isnt required for it). Finished gun is OP and very fun to use.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Is it even possible to avoid the kill pillars radius attack, or is the point to just dps it past that phase asap? I have to blank every time

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The circles? Very possible, watch a video if you're stuck. KP are brutally unfair for new players but it doesnt take long until you're very happy they're your 4th floor boss.

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

ex post facho posted:

Is it even possible to avoid the kill pillars radius attack, or is the point to just dps it past that phase asap? I have to blank every time

If you mean the one with all four, just start from the outside of the circle and dodge roll at a slightly inwards angle.

If you mean the one at the end, just dodge roll toward it then turn and shoot.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Bullet loving owns for this.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Is the Fat Bullets upgrade not permanent? My bullets are suddenly normal sized and the FB it's no longer in my inventory.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

Wildtortilla posted:

Is the Fat Bullets upgrade not permanent? My bullets are suddenly normal sized and the FB it's no longer in my inventory.

did you accidentally drop it or sell it by any chance? Never have had an item deleted before from my inventory

Also for the alternate gun skins you need to be wearing the alternate costumes you get killing the first past. Learned that the hard way with my platinum bullets & patriot hunter run :negative:

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Desperate Character posted:

did you accidentally drop it or sell it by any chance? Never have had an item deleted before from my inventory

Also for the alternate gun skins you need to be wearing the alternate costumes you get killing the first past. Learned that the hard way with my platinum bullets & patriot hunter run :negative:

Nope. I was shooting fat bullets and then I wasn't.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
It's a permanent upgrade with the item and doesn't break like some stuff, so either you dropped it and didn't notice or it was a bug.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
There's so many synergies now this is much better.

However game's still kinda stingy with quality chests.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Carecat posted:

There's so many synergies now this is much better.

However game's still kinda stingy with quality chests.

Yeah I think red and black chests should be just a little more common

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Mr. Prokosch posted:

It's a permanent upgrade with the item and doesn't break like some stuff, so either you dropped it and didn't notice or it was a bug.

I'm leaning toward a bug. Is it possible to drop passive items?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Wildtortilla posted:

I'm leaning toward a bug. Is it possible to drop passive items?

Yeah and it took me a really long time to figure that out. You can drop passive items from the map menu, if I remember correctly. I had just assumed the system was closer to BoI or something.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

Chin Strap posted:

I can confirm the Paradox pickup effect shows up with just one past killed. I've ironically never seen it in my handful of runs since finishing off the other 3 main pasts.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

No Wave posted:

I used mod the gungeon to spawn a blood shrine and finally unlock life orb (and thus reach 100%, as high dragunfire isnt required for it).

wish I’d known this before spending six hours trying and failing to find the thing

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Yeah and it took me a really long time to figure that out. You can drop passive items from the map menu, if I remember correctly. I had just assumed the system was closer to BoI or something.

Bummer. :(

I really liked those fat bullets.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Man, after a Paradox run where I was pulling a whole bunch of synergies (and useful ones too, I kept upgrading guns that would carry me) I started my Gunslinger run and immediately pulled the Betrayer. Synergy of that? Massive clip size, fire rate, and infinite ammo. Shame I have to go to bed now, saved and tomorrow's gonna be *fun*

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I spoke too soon about the Gorgun. I think she was buffed this patch to make her big scream pattern more difficult. Should still be easy to learn but it's not quite as dead simple as it was pre-Farewell to Arms.

I'm also convinced the High Priest was nerfed somehow but I don't know how.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
High Priest doesn't seem any different to me. If he was changed, it's got to be a subtle change.

If anything, I think it might be the relaxed DPS cap making him easier to blitz down.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Man the High Dragun is easy as hell with Hungry Hungry Bullets

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I love the plague pistol.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Wildtortilla posted:

I love the plague pistol.

It's better than the Tear Jerker, I'll give you that.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

BaconCopter posted:

It's better than the Tear Jerker, I'll give you that.

Actually I take back my statement. It only poisons bosses for a moment. It's still cool to shoot but it's not as effective as it initially appeared. :(

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up

Wildtortilla posted:

Actually I take back my statement. It only poisons bosses for a moment. It's still cool to shoot but it's not as effective as it initially appeared. :(

It's a really bad gun

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
just so people know they added the Hero Shrines to Paradox and Gunslinger runs (initially you couldn't use them). I just did a Blessed Run + Hero Shrine + Rainbow Chest and actually beat the Resourceful Rat and the regular lich fight and boy does it get insane when you get a weapon with curse (forgot the bullet to the past for the true lich ending :doh:)

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Destro posted:

It's a really bad gun

Especially when you compare it to the entire gun pool the game has to offer. Although its synergies make it slightly less poo poo.

Desperate Character posted:

just so people know they added the Hero Shrines to Paradox and Gunslinger runs (initially you couldn't use them). I just did a Blessed Run + Hero Shrine + Rainbow Chest and actually beat the Resourceful Rat and the regular lich fight and boy does it get insane when you get a weapon with curse (forgot the bullet to the past for the true lich ending :doh:)

Now all you need to do is Blessed + Challenge + Hero Shrine + Rainbow + Turbo!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

To be fair, if just starting out the pistol feels like a great step up. It's accurate, fast, the poison factor means you can focus more on dodging bullets and it doesn't take much to kill early-floor foes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

My favorite guns when I started were the SAA and the hexagun. They're still my favorites.

Least favorite is corsair... nothing upsets me more than a first floor corsair on the pilot.