Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

THE loving MOON posted:

Honestly, I can totally see somebody liking Torna, and not the vanilla game. There's still plenty of exploration to do, there's no gacha to deal with, and I really did like it's take on combat more than the basic game. There's even some post game stuff to do if you feel like going on after the credit roll.

Also, the main party in the expansion is... easier to digest I guess. The voiceacting in general is (I think) much better, and the story itself doesn't last overlong.

edit: This is coming from having played XB2 through twice, for a total of over 200 hours. I got all the blades :shepface:
Which blades are your favorites?
I loved percival, which turned out to be ninja batman.

Corvin is great because they hit just the right amount of insufferable pride in his voice to make you want to punch him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

American McGay posted:

Lol, just take the L on your weird lame joke dude.

You've never heard of juxtaposition, have you?

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Pharohman777 posted:

Corvin is great because they hit just the right amount of insufferable pride in his voice to make you want to punch him.

Oh geez, I dunno. I had a fairly well optimized team by the endgame, but early on going with what just came up randomly or through quests, I used Zenobia a lot on Rex because I got her early in conjunction with other blades that let me do all or most of a driver combo. I switched her out for T-elos in the postgame because dark is a better element for full coverage if you use Roc.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

less laughter posted:

they should put that on the eShop

Agreed. Hopefully it'll be like Nintendoland and it'll get added eventually.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Odd Mutant posted:

here's my super old take of nsmbwud, because I played through the whole game and expansion on the toilet:

The new thread title is good, but this could easily be the next one.

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

Mister Facetious posted:

You've never heard of juxtaposition, have you?

Are we directing the conversation back towards hilarious self owns because lol

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

ThatWhiteGuy posted:

Are we directing the conversation back towards hilarious self owns because lol

So you're unfamiliar with the form of humor that makes things look bad by comparison, regardless of real world performance?

You're therefore saying you were asleep for the entire first year of the Xbox One; a console which is selling better than its predecessor, yet compared to the PS4 was basically ignored, with images of entire pallets becoming memes.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
LaboVR is a $40 paper toy. PSVR is a $250 piece of gaming hardware.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Real Gaming Hardware for Real Adult Gamers, not cardboard for children and babies

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
So is the Target sale just Torna itself or is it the season pass + Torna that usually runs for $30 or so?

Pharohman777 posted:

Also know as "Batman."

THE loving MOON posted:

Oh geez, I dunno. I had a fairly well optimized team by the endgame, but early on going with what just came up randomly or through quests, I used Zenobia a lot on Rex because I got her early in conjunction with other blades that let me do all or most of a driver combo. I switched her out for T-elos in the postgame because dark is a better element for full coverage if you use Roc.

Same. I pulled Rex in Ch2 or 3 on Nia and immediately moved her to Rex with zero regrets. I just wish she was an element other than wind since Rex already ends up with a really good wind blade and it'd have let him cover a 3rd element for chain combo finishers when he's not just spamming blade combos every few seconds.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I can't vouche for the $80 kit, but the VR starter kit is easilly worth $40. Between the goggles themselves, the blaster, the minigames, and the labo garage there's a lot to do. If you haven't seen VR at all before, it'll blow you away.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Endorph posted:

It was really good, fixed a lot of the issues of Xeno 2's combat and the story was a solid 20 hour adventure that did what it needed to and got out. Only real issue was some minor padding in the back half where they made you do some sidequests, but it was only like an hour or two so it wasn't that bad. As for playing it without Xeno 2, ehhh. I guess you could, but a lot of it's expanding on backstory alluded to in XB2 and so a lot of it isn't really resolved. There's an ending, but it ends in a way that's very, like, 'and then you know what happens from here' rather than leaving questions unanswered, if that makes sense.

It also spoils the heck of out of the backstory of the main villains.

Lt. Shiny-sides
Dec 24, 2008
Is there likely to be any big performance difference between the current model of Switch and those coming out later this year? I want to get one now, but don’t want to buy something that will be antiquated for new games in a year.

From what I have read I can’t tell if this will be a PS4 pro situation or not.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Meh. Honestly I don't think it matters much. I don't think Torna ever explicitly says Jin becomes a flesh eater, but it does throw the possibility out there.

Edit: also I dont think its so bad knowing something of their motivations going in anyway

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Pharohman777 posted:

I like Finch and Electra. Finch is a funny birb friend. Electra is just adorable.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Inzombiac posted:

Wooooow time flies.
FFX/X2 comes out on Tuesday!
Amazon Japan shipped my copy from the future and it came Friday.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Lt. Shiny-sides posted:

Is there likely to be any big performance difference between the current model of Switch and those coming out later this year? I want to get one now, but don’t want to buy something that will be antiquated for new games in a year.

Literally nobody knows. No one even knows if there will be a Switch revision at all. It’s entirely rumor and speculation.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I know this is the Switch thread, but the Wii U thread was closed in 2016 so it seems like the best place to ask.

I just bought a Wii U today to play some of its exclusives with my son. I got the system with gamepad, and bought a pro controller too so we can both play.

I got MK8, Smash, DK:TR, Hyrule Warriors, and NSMBU.

The problem I'm having is that I can't work out how to play co-op on NSMBU. We can do the lame one where the person with the gamepad places blocks and poo poo, but we wanna do the mode where we control a character each and play together, and I can't see how to do it. Am I missing something obvious?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Ok so this will be my second ramble about the Xenoblade series in 2 days but the series has such good villains. Apart from Patroka and Lorithia, all of the villains in XC1 and XC2 (I haven’t played X yet, don’t own a WiiU) are so blatantly human. Like even the ones who don’t get a redemption like Amalthus are brilliantly written. I genuinely believe that Jin and Dickson could be two of the greatest written villains in history.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Bardeh posted:

I know this is the Switch thread, but the Wii U thread was closed in 2016 so it seems like the best place to ask.

I just bought a Wii U today to play some of its exclusives with my son. I got the system with gamepad, and bought a pro controller too so we can both play.

I got MK8, Smash, DK:TR, Hyrule Warriors, and NSMBU.

The problem I'm having is that I can't work out how to play co-op on NSMBU. We can do the lame one where the person with the gamepad places blocks and poo poo, but we wanna do the mode where we control a character each and play together, and I can't see how to do it. Am I missing something obvious?

Unfortunately in coop, you need yet another controller to play with each other the way you want to play. You can’t use the gamepad in coop other than to place those blocks.

Lt. Shiny-sides posted:

No one knows but I doubt it’ll be a huge jump. We’re so close to E3 that maybe you should just wait the month and a half and see if they announce anything.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Bardeh posted:

IIRC you need a third controller because the gamepad can only do that block mode in MP.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
wtf that is stupid as hell. You can use the gamepad as a regular controller in single player, but not in co-op?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

J-Spot posted:

IIRC you need a third controller because the gamepad can only do that block mode in MP.

That's really dumb

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Bardeh posted:

wtf that is stupid as hell. You can use the gamepad as a regular controller in single player, but not in co-op?

Indeed. It was really dumb.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Welp. At least Donkey Kong is fun (and surprisingly hard)

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

never assume nintendo controller compatibility will make sense

shiftless
May 18, 2005

Cojawfee posted:

The game just started, how do I have 12 lines of garbage less than a minute into the game?

Basically means don't play during tournaments!

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I made the mistake of buying Diablo 3 for Switch and now I don’t seem to have any free time. Can anyone explain?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Super No Vacancy posted:

never assume nintendo controller compatibility will make sense

Yeah, I recently bought a Wii U just to replay Xenoblade 1 and X on and was annoyed when the Wii U Pro Controller could work while playing X but not when doing backwards compatibility with 1 so I had to dig out a Wii classic controller and plug it into a Wiimote that I shove into a pocket solely when playing XB1.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Policenaut posted:

Yeah, I recently bought a Wii U just to replay Xenoblade 1 and X on and was annoyed when the Wii U Pro Controller could work while playing X but not when doing backwards compatibility with 1 so I had to dig out a Wii classic controller and plug it into a Wiimote that I shove into a pocket solely when playing XB1.

Is that a Wii game? If so, it's just running on Wii hardware that doesn't know what a wiiu pro controller is.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Lt. Shiny-sides posted:

Speaking as someone who bought a New Nintendo 3DS XL or whatever, just buy the regular model.

The N3DS boosted like 1 or 2 games and had maybe 1 exclusive.

It’s not even sure if old games will get a boost, if there will be any exclusives - I doubt it - or even if it exists.

I bought my Switch last month. No new game or big event or holiday sale. I’ve been playing Zelda and it’s incredible and there are so many other games to catch up on.

Early (regular?) adopters might not get the best version of the system, but they get years of playing the games. If you buy it now, you get to have a Switch and play it immediately. If you wait for the Switch+, you instead have to hang out on SA and wait for months to have fun.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

bushisms.txt posted:

Agreed. Hopefully it'll be like Nintendoland and it'll get added eventually.

How much would they charge for it? Like, would it be free and then it would say "Go to the store and get the cardboard sets?"

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

BotW may be the greatest game of all time. It's been over two years since it was released and I still think about it from time to time

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Everyone talking about Labo VR and today I finally got around to making the Labo Piano

Makes me really wonder if I should just hold off on the VR kit because the clearance prices on these 3 kits was a no brainer.

Just spent 3 hours building and playing with a cardboard piano. Even if I never use the thing again, that was $4 well spent

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Speaking as someone who bought a New Nintendo 3DS XL or whatever, just buy the regular model.

The N3DS boosted like 1 or 2 games and had maybe 1 exclusive.

It’s not even sure if old games will get a boost, if there will be any exclusives - I doubt it - or even if it exists.

I bought my Switch last month. No new game or big event or holiday sale. I’ve been playing Zelda and it’s incredible and there are so many other games to catch up on.

Early (regular?) adopters might not get the best version of the system, but they get years of playing the games. If you buy it now, you get to have a Switch and play it immediately. If you wait for the Switch+, you instead have to hang out on SA and wait for months to have fun.

eh the new 3ds sped up the slow as butt 3ds for just basic day to day quality of life. the eye tracking is pretty neato too and makes the 3d much more inviting to try out . :eyepop:

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
With all the SE ports to Switch, despite knowing it probably won't happen, I so badly want to see Vagrant Story get ported.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

SeANMcBAY posted:

Indeed. It was really dumb.

Much like everything about the WiiU or "PiiU" as it should be called

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Kirios posted:

BotW may be the greatest game of all time. It's been over two years since it was released and I still think about it from time to time

Ahh yes, because you still think of it BOTW to this day it has to be the GOAT. It is one of the GOATs though, so you're right.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Takoluka posted:

How much would they charge for it? Like, would it be free and then it would say "Go to the store and get the cardboard sets?"

Probably $20-30, I'd imagine. The software is super robust, but all the lol cardboard memes forget that that poo poo isn't cheap. Is the average Joe supposed to have a laser cutter on hand?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Much like everything about the WiiU or "PiiU" as it should be called

idgi