Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Hmm yes MY PRIORITY IS generating more profits for my boss rather than bonding with the child I literally just gave birth to hm yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

COMRADES posted:

Hmm yes MY PRIORITY IS generating more profits for my boss rather than bonding with the child I literally just gave birth to hm yes.

You'll go far in life, friend. Can I offer you a job?

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

COMRADES posted:

Most unis are neoliberal as gently caress yeah. Both Chomsky and Wolff have a lot to say on that subject.

it's not really a startling realization in retrospect

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

COMRADES posted:

elon musk once famously berated an employee for missing a meeting in order to be there for the birth of his child

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

actionjackson posted:

What the gently caress posh hospital is that?? Just look at the walls.

That's how birthing suites look. Any decent hospital built or remodeled in the last 20 years will have birth suites that look more like hotels than hospitals.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

elon musk once famously berated an employee for missing a meeting in order to be there for the birth of his child

perhaps these capitalists would be more sympathetic if we started calling children 'future users'

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

DONT THREAD ON ME posted:

perhaps these capitalists would be more sympathetic if we started calling children 'future users'

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Future User Protection Services

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

And sobbed about spending his own birthday at work in an interview lol

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

The future is literally gonna be like in Cloud Atlas where civilians are called "consumers" and the anti-state rebels are called "The Union".

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Future Human Capital Protection, a division of Sercurimax.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jon Joe posted:

Future User Protection Services

Valued Customer, I see that you have not taught your Future User the importance of regularly consuming goods from our reasonably priced Retail Churches. We will be taking legal ownership of your Future User while they undergo Trainee Induction. You may retain access to your Future User for the agreed cost of £89.99 per month. Please keep your receipt.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

How sad is your life that your calling is just to generate more money lol

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Future Associate Response Team

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019

actionjackson posted:

What the gently caress posh hospital is that?? Just look at the walls.

I think those are just black laminate cabinets. That said, I don’t mind if hospital rooms are nice. People should feel like they have some dignity and comfort when they are in the hospital instead of feeling like they were just admitted to the sick ward of Silent Hill County Hospital.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

mycomancy posted:

That's how birthing suites look. Any decent hospital built or remodeled in the last 20 years will have birth suites that look more like hotels than hospitals.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Chomp8645 posted:

The future is literally gonna be like in Cloud Atlas where civilians are called "consumers" and the anti-state rebels are called "The Union".

I thought you were gonna say like the society plagued by roaming cannibals that delight in hunting other humans but sure, this will also probably happen

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
time is one resource you literally can't get back, don't waste it doing "work"

value your time. nobody ever said "I regret not working enough" on their deathbed. don't let capitalism steal your life away

I'm talking to the person in the picture btw I don't have schizophrenia

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

could be one of those situations where the mother has a sudden change of heart once she sees her new baby, forever changing her outlook on life and the never ending work culture of the US which her child is born into

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Pretend I reposted that kid sized shopping cart labelled "shopper in training".

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Jel Shaker posted:

could be one of those situations where the mother has a sudden change of heart once she sees her new baby, forever changing her outlook on life and the never ending work culture of the US which her child is born into

pretty sure the only outlook she cares about is microsoft outlook

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
e: nvm

Stanky Bean
Dec 30, 2004

Thats why you just name your kid the same as the megacorp you work for *taps head*

"Raytheon-Time Warner is my life" the bosses will never know you are referring to your beloved child.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I love my little angel, GlaxoSmithKline

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Yep. That's what they look like.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
looks like a beautiful setting for doing the grossest thing ever!!!

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.
From the game glitches thread:

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

Irradiation posted:

From the game glitches thread:

*makes thumbs down gesture* guillotine

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
Man made the worst kind of dog poo poo shovelware, too

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Dead Beef posted:

value your time. nobody ever said "I regret not working enough" on their deathbed. don't let capitalism steal your life away

badass words we should all keep in mind

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
The reason universities are hotbeds of filthy leftism is that the more educated a person is, the more progressive they tend to be. And generally vice versa. I wonder if the staunchly conservative students are also the ones paying assignment mills for their grades.

It's one of the reasons "you get conservative as you get older" is starting to not hold true because while boomers had something like 5% with a tertiary education now it's more like 30%

starkebn has issued a correction as of 01:11 on Apr 15, 2019

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Coolness Averted posted:

And sobbed about spending his own birthday at work in an interview lol

which, iirc was a lie anyway

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I'm willing to become an autistic engineer for 250k as long as no eye contact and I can keep my headphones on when people talk to me.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

starkebn posted:

It's one of the reasons "you get conservative as you get older" is starting to not hold true because while boomers had something like 5% with a tertiary education now it's more like 30%

also because people like henry kissinger live for a 100 years while someone doing backbreaking work dies a lot younger

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Dead Beef posted:

Don't have schizophrenia is solid advice

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

T-man posted:

I'm willing to become an autistic engineer for 250k as long as no eye contact and I can keep my headphones on when people talk to me.

got disciplined for doing that second set of stuff as a janitor lol

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Engineers work in an open office and are disciplined for not contributing to the slack channel 24/7

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
i contribute to the slack channel 24/7

cause i dont work lmao

capitalism would see my corpse thrown into a mass pile that would then be ignored while it festered

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

I’m reminded of the laws making it illegal to feed the homeless; they reveal how inhuman and unnatural capitalism really is. These laws reveal that artificial means are needed to allow capitalism to function as intended, because without the intervention of force the surplus population would not starve and thereby the market would be incapable of correcting for the surplus population created by capitalism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

yah it's emblematic of the inhumanity of capitalism, but laws against feeding the homeless are more about forcibly moving the homeless out of sight out of mind and preventing them from congregating in public spaces like parks. hunger is a huge problem in the modern US, but I don't think outright starvation is a mass problem