Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nenonen)
What should the presidential powers be in 2020?
This poll is closed.
UNLIMITED!!!! URKKI 2.0!!!!!! 3 23.08%
Sauli should be allowed to telecast to our homes whenever he pleases, but that should be the limit. 2 15.38%
He should be limited to writing mildly worded letters to HBL and other provincial newspapers. 2 15.38%
None. More power to Sanna & Katri & Maria & Li & Anna-Maja & Jenni! 2 15.38%
Unlimited, but every decision must be subject to a plebiscite. 0 0%
None, but the president's life must be video streamed 24 /7 for the duration of their term, with no censorship. 4 30.77%
Total: 13 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sulphagnist posted:

SDP+KOK+VIHR+RKP = 107

+ VL = 123
+ KD = 112

SDP+KESK+VIHR+VL+RKP = 117

gently caress Me We Are All Going to Die (KOK+PS+KESK) = 108

Jesus loving Christ We Are All Going to Die (previous + KD) = 113

It's very difficult to to see any other majority coalition combinations that have any hope of sticking together for long enough to make it out of Säätytalo.

Comedy options I added up for funsies:

Vanhanen's Revenge (KOK+KESK+RKP+VIHR) only gets to 98.

The Four Classics (SDP+KOK+KESK+RKP) gets to a comfortable 118, but it is very difficult to see that happening.

Then there's of course the forbidden and forgotten knowledge of the ~vähemmistöhallitus~, but with Centre's right-ward turn I am struggling to see what sort of composition would work out without the parties in government having to make impossible to swallow concessions (but Löfven did it so maybe Rinne can too). Maybe Kokoomus + Keskusta + KD with some sort of agreement with PS where PS doesn't get invited into the big boy's table, but gets its way in the immigration plank of the coalition program. This kind of arrangement has happened in other countries (I think Netherlands and Denmark, at least?) and would probably suit Halla-aho perfectly fine - PS doesn't need to figure out who to put in the ministerial Audis, they once more get to have their opposition status cake and eat it too, and Orpo only mostly goes back on his promises.

Sipilä is definitely going to resign so Keskusta is going to have no problems being in a SDP coalition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Sulphagnist posted:

SDP+KOK+VIHR+RKP = 107

+ VL = 123
+ KD = 112

SDP+KESK+VIHR+VL+RKP = 117

gently caress Me We Are All Going to Die (KOK+PS+KESK) = 108

Jesus loving Christ We Are All Going to Die (previous + KD) = 113

It's very difficult to to see any other majority coalition combinations that have any hope of sticking together for long enough to make it out of Säätytalo.

Comedy options I added up for funsies:

Vanhanen's Revenge (KOK+KESK+RKP+VIHR) only gets to 98.

The Four Classics (SDP+KOK+KESK+RKP) gets to a comfortable 118, but it is very difficult to see that happening.

Then there's of course the forbidden and forgotten knowledge of the ~vähemmistöhallitus~, but with Centre's right-ward turn I am struggling to see what sort of composition would work out without the parties in government having to make impossible to swallow concessions (but Löfven did it so maybe Rinne can too). Maybe Kokoomus + Keskusta/SDP + KD with some sort of agreement with PS where PS doesn't get invited into the big boy's table, but gets its way in the immigration plank of the coalition program. This kind of arrangement has happened in other countries (I think Netherlands and Denmark, at least?) and would probably suit Halla-aho perfectly fine - PS doesn't need to figure out who to put in the ministerial Audis, they once more get to have their opposition status cake and eat it too, and Orpo only mostly goes back on his promises.

oma veikkaus on tuo ensimmäinen. ja kokoomus määrää tahdin

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
I would prefer if NC were left out, they've been in power for the last 12 years. Time for a change.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

I just realized that this whole "PS supports the government with no real input" is what PS - and then the Siniset - did the whole previous term anyway. :v:

Andrast posted:

Sipilä is definitely going to resign so Keskusta is going to have no problems being in a SDP coalition

Possible, I was just speculating that going into a minority coalition with SDP would be a bridge too far. And if you can wrangle SDP and Kesk into the same coalition it should be moderately easy to wrangle the numbers to get over 100.

Traditionally though kepu especially has been happy to sit out the next term or two when they get their rear end kicked like this, but maybe they will see the light that the problem was Sipilä and working with Cock, not being in government as such.

BioMe
Aug 9, 2012

Andrast posted:

No haven't you been listening, he single-handedly fixed global economy which is why he isn't a total embarrassment of a PM and party leader

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
lol, it begins

https://mobile.twitter.com/uusisuomi/status/1117533272802766853

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

FFFFuuuuck they're probably trying the same trick as the Estonian government by sidestepping the election winner entirely.

BioMe
Aug 9, 2012

it really is up to kepu to come through with punamulta

we are hosed

edit: considering sipilä had no moral quandary with keeping his zombie government shambling pointlessly with a duct tape party of zero political mandate

we are hosed

BioMe fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Apr 14, 2019

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

lol that owns

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Superanos posted:

Counting votes like that feels really stupid. There are 540k people capable of voting in Helsinki and 394k in Varsinais-Suomi. Li Andersson got a bigger share of the possible voter pie in her voting district so she's really the winner here.

If SDP and Kok are able to work together, the most likely one is SDP+KOK+VIHR+RKP.

Why is this likely? SDP and KOK are supposed to be loving opposites. SDP and KOK means SDP is gonna loving die next election.

SDP+LA+Kesk+Vihr+RKP feels more likely to me. That's still 55.7%, I supposed they could even bring in KD and get almost 60%. Main thing is the lizard people are kept out.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Vihreät + Vas + RKP + KD + Ilmestyskirja Nyt = 52, might be a realistic alternative

His Divine Shadow posted:

SDP+LA+Kesk+Vihr+RKP feels more likely to me. That's still 55.7%, I supposed they could even bring in KD and get almost 60%. Main thing is the lizard people are kept out.

The thing with KD is that the progressives have promised to get the trans law changes through and for the death cultists this would forfeit their taivaspaikka so it would require some precious maneuvering to satisfy everyone.

Nenonen fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Apr 15, 2019

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Why is this likely? SDP and KOK are supposed to be loving opposites. SDP and KOK means SDP is gonna loving die next election.

SDP and Kok have absolutely no problem working together

which says something about the state of our politics

Andrast fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Apr 15, 2019

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Andrast posted:

SDP and Kok have a absolutely no problem working together

And SDP's intelligence, it should be obvious by now Kok is poison for anyone sharing a government with them.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Andrast posted:

SDP and Kok have a absolutely no problem working together

ne on molemmat kaupunkilaisten puolueita

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

What the gently caress?

What the gently caress?!!!

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

This would be the best, but it relies on Kepu not betraying everyone.

Huutonaurua kyllä jos Hjalliksen turnipsinaama pääsee hallitukseen, ei helvetti. Kuka on niin saatanan tyhmä että menee äänestämään sitä?

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Well I think this election showed, and I read articles on Yle previously saying the keskusta voterbase is more left than the politics practiced by Sipilä. So they ought in theory be up for it if they realize Sipilä is poison, leave kok-politcs to the dickheads.

But hope is a lie and all that.

EDIT: Susanna Koski not getting in is the best news this election.

His Divine Shadow fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Apr 15, 2019

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

What ever Antti does now, it will be tough to beat Juha from four years ago when he formed his boys club at avokonttori and combined minister posts so that overstressed ministers needed sick leaves.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Well I think this election showed, and I read articles on Yle previously saying the keskusta voterbase is more left than the politics practiced by Sipilä. So they ought in theory be up for it if they realize Sipilä is poison, leave kok-politcs to the dickheads.

But hope is a lie and all that.

EDIT: Susanna Koski not getting in is the best news this election.

Also KD forming an alliance with Persus in Varsinais-Suomi and in the end losing their one seat to persut. I have heard that many hihhulis outright staid away from polls because they couldn't support TF nor could they vote for other parties because Jesus.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Finland election 2019: Springtime for Hitler.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

BioMe posted:

No haven't you been listening, he single-handedly fixed global economy which is why he isn't a total embarrassment of a PM and party leader

The "finland was completely hosed up and in a hole until we rode the global noususuhdanne up fixed the economy and employment and made the unpopular selfless decisions that were good for the country but would get us eviscerated in the next election" martyr spiel was amazing. I called it back after the last election that the hallitus would take credit for finland rising with the global economic tide, and now they're pretending that their vaalihäviö is because of the tough (bad) choices they had to make instead of the complete incompetence involved in the multi-year, multi-billion euro lehmänkauppa-jerkoff session that was sote.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

It's really impressive to be in government during an economic upturn and still be so awful that you lose 18 seats.

A hypothetical punamulta coalition over the same four years would have probably done really well in this election.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

https://www.uusisuomi.fi/kotimaa/277567-nyt-tuli-sinisista-suorat-sanat-vituiksi-meni-koko-vallankumous?ref=suosituimmat

Mmmm yessshhh

Between this, worst result for Kepu/a government under independence and PS getting more then all the parties that kicked it out I can at least nourish myself on the sweet tears of schadenfreude even if loving Cock makes it into government.

EDIT: Yeeah baaabby:
https://www.hs.fi/politiikka/art-2000006072227.html

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Apr 15, 2019

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

loving hell.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Jerry Cotton posted:

loving hell.

Am I wrong to suspect the sender supports TF? Probably not. :geno:

Chazani
Feb 19, 2013

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Am I wrong to suspect the sender supports TF? Probably not. :geno:

"Nyt tuli Tsunami" oli Raiskaaja-Putkosen yritys keksiä uusi jytky

Chazani fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Apr 15, 2019

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Chazani posted:

"Nyt tuli Tsunami" oli Putkosen yritys keksiä uusi jytky

Mods please word-filter Putkonen to convicted rapist Putkonen TIA.

Chazani
Feb 19, 2013

Jerry Cotton posted:

Mods please word-filter Putkonen to convicted rapist Putkonen TIA.

Apologies about the decorum. Fixed now

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

I am reading a fascinating Kepu analysis of their now second-worst electoral defeat ever, written in 2011:

quote:

Kokoomuksen kannattajille siirtyminen vasemmalle (editor's note: lol) näytti olevan helpompi hyväksyä kuin Keskustan kannattajille puolueen oikeistolaisempi leima. Keskustan tavoite esiintyä hallituskoalition sosiaalisena äänenä ja omatuntona varsinkin suhteessa porvarilliseen Kokoomukseen epäonnistui.

(...)

Asioiden hoitaminen ja vastuullisuus olivat avainsanoja, kun Keskustan kannattajille yritettiin perustella vaikeita päätöksiä. Vaikka päätös tuntui huonolta ja puolueen tavoitteiden vastaiselta, siihen tyydyttiin, kun uskottiin sen osoittavan vastuullisuutta ja kykyä asioiden hoitamiseen. Vähitellen tästä perustelemisen tavasta tuli väline ohittaa systemaattisesti kansalaisten eri muutoksiin kohdistuva kritiikki. Puolueen korvat tavallisen kansan huolille alkoivat kuuroutua.

(...)

Niinpä päähallituspuolue Keskustan kansanedustajat joutuivat kertomaan toreilla, että esimerkiksi Kajaanin opettajankoulutuslaitoksen sulkemiselle ei voida mitään. Asia oli oman ministeriönsä jatkeena toimivan kokoomusministerin käsissä, eikä asiaa voitu kyseenalaistaa.

(...)

Tässä arvokeskustelussa Keskustan asema jäi epäselväksi. Puolueella oli kielteinen puoluekokouslinjaus esimerkiksi samaa sukupuolta olevien parien adoptio-oikeuteen ja sukupuolineutraaliin avioliittolakiin. Toisaalta puolueen johtajistoon valittiin arvokysymyksissä liberaalimpia edustajia. Niinpä Keskustalla ei ollut seksuaalivähemmistöjä koskevassa keskustelussa selvää viestiä. Samaan tapaan myös maahanmuuttokeskustelussa Keskustan viesti jäi epäselväksi.

The conclusions & solutions chapter is full of liirumlaarum but there's a lot of stuff that Sipilä did the exact opposite of, especially wrt. the education system and the environment. Good luck getting the educated vote behind you after blowing up university funding into pieces.

quote:

Tämä vaikea suhde nykyköyhyyteen näkyy esimerkiksi suhtautumisessa perustuloon. Keskusta on aina ollut vahva perusturvapuolue. Perustulo on eri muodoissaan esiintynyt jo pitkään Keskustan tavoitteena, yleensä malliltaan negatiivisen tuloverona. Myös Lahden puoluekokouksessa 2010 hyväksytyssä Keskustan tavoiteohjelmassa liputetaan negatiivisen tuloveron puolesta. Tosipaikan tullen Keskustalla ei kuitenkaan ole koskaan ollut valmiutta viedä eteenpäin tätä tavoitettaan.

quote:

Keskusta on nimittäin saanut moneen kertaan oppi-isiltään poliittisen testamentin: Älkää unohtako köyhän asiaa.

~fin~

Sulphagnist fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Apr 15, 2019

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sulphagnist posted:

The conclusions & solutions chapter is full of liirumlaarum but there's a lot of stuff that Sipilä did the exact opposite of, especially wrt. the education system and the environment. Good luck getting the educated vote behind you after blowing up university funding into pieces.

Well, they don't seem to have a problem voting for the cock that do the same things though

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

If you try to be Kokoomus Light, Kokoomus Classic will eat your lunch and take your voters (or make your voters vote for someone else).

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Halla-aho revealed that he's open for compromises - even on immigration issues. I guess he's not willing to try his luck and see if lightning strikes twice by scheming for another election so soon? The hillotolppa beckons.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Halla-aho also correctly pointed out PS is due the speakership. Who's ready for Speaker Laura Huhtasaari? (It will probably be something more boring like, I don't know, Arja Juvonen)

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

Maybe he realized that if he schemes with Cocks to get into government, ignoring the winners of the election, Persus would go the way of the Blue eventually. Being in a government with Cocks has been scientifically proven to harm all non-Cocks. So its better to compromise a bit/pretend to compromise so you can stab people in the back later and try to get into the government.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

SpiritOfLenin posted:

Maybe he realized that if he schemes with Cocks to get into government, ignoring the winners of the election, Persus would go the way of the Blue eventually. Being in a government with Cocks has been scientifically proven to harm all non-Cocks. So its better to compromise a bit/pretend to compromise so you can stab people in the back later and try to get into the government.

You know, you might be right. It's entirely plausible he hates Kokoomus nearly as much as we do, given how they have been all holier-than-thou while subtly trying to chip away at PS's hold on the racist vote.

It's just that for SDP+PS it's hard to find more wheels. It would be political suicide for the Greens and LA, and if either one of them says no, the pressure is overwhelming for the other to also say no.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Reminder for anyone formulating scenarios including Kep: they ALWAYS pett.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Sulphagnist posted:

Halla-aho also correctly pointed out PS is due the speakership. Who's ready for Speaker Laura Huhtasaari? (It will probably be something more boring like, I don't know, Arja Juvonen)

Speaker Teuvo :pray:

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Perskeko 2 it is, then! Dehumanize yourself and face to bloodshed.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Nenonen posted:

I have heard that many hihhulis outright staid away from polls because they couldn't support TF nor could they vote for other parties because Jesus.

I don't know how it is these days but back in the 70s vanhoillislesut were instructed they can only vote for Keskusta or KD (skl silloin) or they'll burn in hell (more or less.)

Nurge fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Apr 15, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Darkest Auer posted:

Speaker Teuvo :pray: