Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
i loving knew there wouldnt be any elephants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Rewatched the episode, and missed that Bran was talking about Jaime when he said he was waiting for an old friend after Sam asked why he's outside lmao. Dude literally just chilled in that one spot until he showed up. Amazing.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I thought these episodes were supposed to be longer because of the shorter season?

Seems like they just tacked on some behind the scenes stuff to the end.

Super slow episode even if you don't factor in the limited amount of time left.

teagone posted:

Rewatched the episode, and missed that Bran was talking about Jaime when he said he was waiting for an old friend after Sam asked why he's outside lmao. Dude literally just chilled in that one spot until he showed up. Amazing.

That was great, I was really hoping they'd talk to each other though.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Going to guess the big war doesn't happen next episode either with it also being an hour long. Predicting it's an episode of tension as the living continue to fracture as the NK closes in on Winterfell, perhaps some big death near the end for a cliffhanger. Really feels like everything is hinting at Dany not being quite so great a queen and Tyrion's mistakes catching up to him. If episode 3 is 80 minutes I'm guessing it's where the war with the dead begins, perhaps the war starts to turn in ep 4 with Arya killing the dragon and ep 5 has NK with Mad Queen Cercei against the rest of the living?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I liked that Last Hearth looked a lot like the vision Dany had of destroyed Red Keep.

I didn't realize that's what Bran was talking about when he told Sam why he was outside. I assumed it was a cheeky way to say he'd been waiting for Sam.

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.

The Walrus posted:

kings landing is def getting sacked by the night king and the last stand of humanity is gonna be on pike as the ocean freezes around it
I doubt they'll make it that far south frankly, but I'd love to see it.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Atoramos posted:

Going to guess the big war doesn't happen next episode either with it also being an hour long. Predicting it's an episode of tension as the living continue to fracture as the NK closes in on Winterfell, perhaps some big death near the end for a cliffhanger. Really feels like everything is hinting at Dany not being quite so great a queen and Tyrion's mistakes catching up to him. If episode 3 is 80 minutes I'm guessing it's where the war with the dead begins, perhaps the war starts to turn in ep 4 with Arya killing the dragon and ep 5 has NK with Mad Queen Cercei against the rest of the living?

In each season, the fourth episode has always had some kind of "holy poo poo/aww gently caress" moment at the end. So you might be right with Arya slaying a dragon lol. Arya the Dragonslayer :black101:

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

teagone posted:

In each season, the fourth episode has always had some kind of "holy poo poo" moment at the end. So you might be right with Arya slaying a dragon lol. Arya the Dragonslayer :black101:

Arya is one of the most popular characters in the show, there's no way she doesn't do something "badass".

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

This episode felt like watching Westworld Season 2.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Lycus posted:

So they're loudly foreshadowing that Arya is going to be the one to down the undead dragon.

Arya's on my list of big shocking deaths, so going out killing that dragon is a good way to do it. Hopefully we get to see her dicing up zombies and at least one or two proper full white walkers with valyrian steel before that happens. Some kind of stealth mission to try to assassinate the Night King would also be very in keeping with the character.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Yoooooo that new intro tho

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
Boy is Daenerys going to be embarrassed when she finds out Jon is her nephew; she's going to have Aegon her face for sure.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Arya is the only character I think will not die. I have a feeling Sansa also has a pretty good chance to survive.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Grouchio posted:

This episode felt like watching Westworld Season 2.

What the gently caress is westworld

Don't actually explain, don't embarrass yourself

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

teagone posted:

Well he’s basically a tree now right

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

hobbesmaster posted:

Well he’s basically a tree now right

True, true.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Supreme Allah posted:

What the gently caress is westworld

Don't actually explain, don't embarrass yourself
Westworld's first season was a great sci-fi dystopia revolving around the moral holocaust of abusing intelligent AI.
It's second season however acted like a lovely saturday morning cartoon.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

oh yea lol that pregnant cercei was chugging that wine

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Grouchio posted:

Westworld's first season was a great sci-fi dystopia revolving around the moral holocaust of abusing intelligent AI.
It's second season however acted like a lovely saturday morning cartoon.

And we all know what happens when a property becomes a Saturday Morning Cartoon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDDHHrt6l4w

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Westworld's first season wasn't really that great in retrospect. It had great actors and the benefit of obscuring some of the so-so stuff from the audience.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

twistedmentat posted:

Arya is the only character I think will not die. I have a feeling Sansa also has a pretty good chance to survive.

I used to think Tyrion was the safest character but with this season is probably the best bet for a surprising big death. Not right away but definitely before a final battle

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

lmao Jaime being all sneaky getting into Winterfell "No one will recognize me at all"

Bran:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bSEfx6D8mA

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
I just realized of all the reunions they never had Jorah come across Lady Mormont, now I feel ripped off.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Arya and Gendry flirting was straight out of a YA series or CW show lmao

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I think it's pretty obvious what's gonna happen. Things will look real bad for Jaime, then Bran is gonna roll up and deliver a stirring defense.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Lycus posted:

I think it's pretty obvious what's gonna happen. Things will look real bad for Jaime, then Bran is gonna roll up and deliver a stirring defense.

I think Brienne will do that

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Lycus posted:

“Jaime Lannister pushes me out of a window with two hands. This man only has one hand. Therefore this cannot be the real Jaime Lannister”

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Supreme Allah posted:

I just realized of all the reunions they never had Jorah come across Lady Mormont, now I feel ripped off.

Yeah, my sister was bummed about that. Oh well, there's only so many boxes they can check off.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

teagone posted:

I guess learning to see the future didn't involve learn how to judge time, he could have been inside all night.

Or maybe he was out there all night giving cryptic half advice/creepy voyeuristic insights to random folks whenever they walked up to him.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

As Nero Danced posted:

I guess learning to see the future didn't involve learn how to judge time, he could have been inside all night.

Or maybe he was out there all night giving cryptic half advice/creepy voyeuristic insights to random folks whenever they walked up to him.

Do you have to shake him first?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Supreme Allah posted:

The most Lady Mormont thing would be for her to try to have him executed for his slaving crimes.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Sorry every GOT post I make is poo poo I forgot, but what was the dynamic between Bran and Jamie? Like, I remember Jamie paralyzed him by pushing him out the window while he was boning his sister, but why again doesn't everyone know Jamie did it and did Jamie know that he lived?

Also, I kind of forgot Jamie was probably the biggest pile of poo poo on the show for the first couple of seasons. Totally forgot he tried to murder a kid so he wouldn't be embarrassed. IIRC he got that fat kid killed too for reasons I no longer remember. Impressive that they managed to make him a fan favorite in the end.

Maybe I need to do a rewatch cause I'm mostly operating on vague memories at this point lol.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

No one knows because Bran couldn't remember.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Is Bran like 10 feet tall now or did they edit him to look bigger for some reason?

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf

As Nero Danced posted:

Remember that time in boardwalk empire when Ms. Scroedoerrrr sat at nucky's desk staring pensively at from midnight to sunrise

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

veni veni veni posted:

Sorry every GOT post I make is poo poo I forgot, but what was the dynamic between Bran and Jamie? Like, I remember Jamie paralyzed him by pushing him out the window while he was boning his sister, but why again doesn't everyone know Jamie did it and did Jamie know that he lived?

Also, I kind of forgot Jamie was probably the biggest pile of poo poo on the show for the first couple of seasons. Totally forgot he tried to murder a kid so he wouldn't be embarrassed. IIRC he got that fat kid killed too for reasons I no longer remember. Impressive that they managed to make him a fan favorite in the end.

Maybe I need to do a rewatch cause I'm mostly operating on vague memories at this point lol.

Bran didn't remember what happened and everyone else assumed he fell because he was always climbing around the walls and poo poo.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Lycus posted:

Westworld's first season wasn't really that great in retrospect. It had great actors and the benefit of obscuring some of the so-so stuff from the audience.

The only thing good about Westworld is that it had a cowboy setting. And cowboys are awesome. I got bored of that show about halfway through the first season, just watched it to the end to see what would happen. Then I decided I don't actually care cuz it sucks, so I didn't watch any of season 2

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

veni veni veni posted:

Totally forgot he tried to murder a kid so he wouldn't be embarrassed.
Well that and it would make it much easier for people to figure that Joffrey is his son and not King Robert’s.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Jaime pushed him because he thought it was what Cersei wanted because the alternative would have probably been he, his sister, and his 3 kids being executed. Can't remember if the main Starks know now due to Brans script reading powers, but he could tell anyone he wants if he feels like it. Anyone else who knows that would matter is dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Raxivace posted:

Well that and it would make it much easier for people to figure that Joffrey is his son and not King Robert’s.

Though even if he didn't figure Joffrey was a bastard, Robert would absolutely have Jaime and Cersei executed. It is wasn't embarrassment.