Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
I hope Sam puts Heartsbane through Dany's back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Bobby Digital posted:

Imagine Rome with GoT-level funding :allears:

shame that dude got cancer

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Wait, which dude?

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
the main dude got cancer so they put it on hold and then he died so they cancelled it

edit: nevermind, different show.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

You don't mean Spartacus do you? Because that kept going.

It is a shame that the lead died, but it also gave us a prequel season of John Hannah chewing the scenery ever harder, so it's not all bad.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

PittTheElder posted:

Ah yeah you mean Spartacus presumably. It is a shame that he died, but it also gave us a prequel season of John Hannah chewing the scenery ever harder, so it's not all bad.

yeah that's what I meant, that show really owned.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

God I really hope the series ends with Bron loving whores on some beach in Essos next to the gold Cersei gave him.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Oh was it all spoiled already? Also nothing happened.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
the worst part about this episode is that they put homeless harry strickland in the show and made him hot.

Sublimer
Sep 20, 2007
get yo' game up

What was the thing in the plan that Arya gave Gendry to make for her?

Also, I thought making Jon ride the dragon out of the blue was kind of lame. Thought it was pretty common knowledge that only Targs can ride their dragons. And even if not everyone knows that, Dany definitely should have known and been like “wtf is this”

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Sublimer posted:

Also, I thought making Jon ride the dragon out of the blue was kind of lame. Thought it was pretty common knowledge that only Targs can ride their dragons. And even if not everyone knows that, Dany definitely should have known and been like “wtf is this”

Clearly that just means that the dragons like him so he should become a targ by marriage.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

50 minute recap show

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

the worst part about this episode is that they put homeless harry strickland in the show and made him hot.

Dude looked like Budget Jaime Lannister.

Good for Cersei, I guess

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474
Jan 12, 2006

eat your vegetables dot com
Where are the full season spoilers from before

I found a list that was kinda accurate but it didn't have the part about dany being strung up with poo poo flung at her so obviously not real

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Sublimer posted:

He already rode the dragon last season tho

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474 posted:

Where are the full season spoilers from before

I found a list that was kinda accurate but it didn't have the part about dany being strung up with poo poo flung at her so obviously not real

The poo poo Corpse spoilers were posted like the day after Season 7 ended a year and a half ago before any of the scripts for Season 8 were even written yet so of course those ones are bogus. Real spoilers for Season 8 have been fragmentary and of sketchy quality compared to the whole point-by-point spillage of Season 7 where the whole internet knew Jon and Dany were gonna gently caress on a boat before the season even started airing to the point where Epic Boat Sex literally became a meme.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
The big spoiler is supposed to be that Tyrion betrays Dany and ends up getting executed for treason in the last episode.

That seems dumb enough to be real so I'm counting on it happening.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Ginette Reno posted:

The big spoiler is supposed to be that Tyrion betrays Dany and ends up getting executed for treason in the last episode.

That seems dumb enough to be real so I'm counting on it happening.

If that one turns out to be true it's going to be amazing because I can't wait to see how literally everyone reacts to the show throwing out Tyrion's entire 8-year character arc for the sake of one dumb twist at the end of all things. I know David and Dan are pretty Galaxy Brained, but that one takes the cake.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

nine-gear crow posted:

If that one turns out to be true it's going to be amazing because I can't wait to see how literally everyone reacts to the show throwing out Tyrion's entire 8-year character arc for the sake of one dumb twist at the end of all things. I know David and Dan are pretty Galaxy Brained, but that one takes the cake.

i mean tyrion in the last two seasons has basically existed to say cool one liners, it's not like he's important to the plot anymore.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Goddamn an entire hour of setup.

As also Tyrion is kinda wasted, yea.

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

The Sam scenes were pretty good, I'd guess that part would certainly be in GRRMs bullet points.

Nothing else in the episode really felt like it would fit particularly well as a chapter of the books.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The spoilers are fake. "LOL Dany dead covered in poo"

What they've been telegraphing forever is the importance of Azor Ahai. Every other big prophecy thing got tossed out, and greyscale was solved in a day, but Azor Ahai is still a big deal.

And they even had that awful scene with ,"the translation is wrong, there's no gender. It's actually 'the prince OR PRINCESS who was promised'" in order to make everyone think it's Dany.

And here's the thing, here's the GRRMy subversion: Dany, the hero's journey character, has to die. And when she dies it will be because one of the characters with a valyrian steel sword shoved that poo poo into the fire lady's heart.

And when they pull that sword out that poo poo is going to be on fire.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

The spoilers are fake. "LOL Dany dead covered in poo"

What they've been telegraphing forever is the importance of Azor Ahai. Every other big prophecy thing got tossed out, and greyscale was solved in a day, but Azor Ahai is still a big deal.

And they even had that awful scene with ,"the translation is wrong, there's no gender. It's actually 'the prince OR PRINCESS who was promised'" in order to make everyone think it's Dany.

And here's the thing, here's the GRRMy subversion: Dany, the hero's journey character, has to die. And when she dies it will be because one of the characters with a valyrian steel sword shoved that poo poo into the fire lady's heart.

And when they pull that sword out that poo poo is going to be on fire.

jon killing dany to make lightbringer might actually own.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

The Bad Show returns and wow nothing happened.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Malpais Legate posted:

The Bad Show returns and wow nothing happened.

if nothing happens, nothing spectacularly bad can happen

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

if nothing happens, nothing spectacularly bad can happen

Spectacularly bad is still better than nothing!!!

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Malpais Legate posted:

Spectacularly bad is still better than nothing!!!

that's true, im just expecting the show to be a series of gif moments and really bad dialogue from here on out.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

first line of the season is a joke about not having balls. god bless you dave hill

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Game of Recaps

Also, drink every time a character secretly looks sideways.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

The Arya Reunion Special was petty bad.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
New intro sequence was really cool tho.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I really didn't rate that episode much at all.
The dragon flight was awfully green screened and so superfluous to anything.

A year off and the budget to spend more per episodes and that's the best they can do? I'm glad this might be the ending GRRM deserves.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I really didn't rate that episode much at all.
The dragon flight was awfully green screened and so superfluous to anything.

A year off and the budget to spend more per episodes and that's the best they can do? I'm glad this might be the ending GRRM deserves.

Just think of all that elephants that scene could’ve paid for. I’m on team Cersei now

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's also really hard to respect Jon Snow as anything when he talks to his sister and he's looking up at her because he's so short and he can't keep consistent eye contact because Kit Harrington can't act.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It's also really hard to respect Jon Snow as anything when he talks to his sister and he's looking up at her because he's so short and he can't keep consistent eye contact because Kit Harrington can't act.

It’s weird that they decided in the final season to frame all of the shots with him and Sansa so that he looks tiny. Also Emilia Clarke must be super short since she’s dwarfed by the other two in those scenes.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

When I met Kit he looked like he was 5'4 or something, so I cant imagine how short Clarke is, in comparison.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Google says Kit is 5’ 8 and Emilia Clarke is 5’ 2”

Sophie Turner is 5’9”.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

hobbesmaster posted:

Google says Kit is 5’ 8 and Emilia Clarke is 5’ 2”

Sophie Turner is 5’9”.

Eh, listings are often not accurate. My 5'3 ex snuck this pic of him; hes really tiny.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
^^^Wonder how long it'll be before Lowtax gets some letters from Kit's agency^^^

----

I just came to the realization that Meera and Howland will likely never show up in the show again.
Nomad-type characters and cultures are always cool; it's a big part of why Dune is so good.
Kinda sucks that GRRM isn't keen to produce more of the story he wrote...

MoaM fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Apr 15, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Meera got a pretty clear exit from the show. I mean, she deserved better but Bran is a tree or whatever now