Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Weird cause today I went back to MxR for the first time in months and immediately remembered how everyone thought the BEEP-0 control was so weird and I would have never given it a second thought if it wasn't already a topic of conversation? Like if I was describing the game to someone from scratch I wouldn't even think to mention that part of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

American McGay posted:

Also the Roomba says swear words because Ubisoft.

lol, what? :psyduck:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Beep-O was a huge rear end in a top hat about Toad and I will NOT accept that slander

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Beep-0 given the number designation according to how many people give a poo poo about it

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

drat that's really dumb, who thought a Mario game needed this?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
they gave mario a gun

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Pretty sure I’ve seen “worse” in Mario RPG dialogue.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Fuckin Golf Peaks. There was one level where I kept trying to figure it out and nothing was working. Then I loaded it up while watching a video and completed the level first try without even thinking about a plan. Now I have to figure out this one level in the last set of levels. I don't have enough jumpy cards.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

I’m playing This is the Police 2 and a little way in there’s a game-breaking bug that stops the sticks working. Nintendo say lol gently caress you, take it up with the dev and THQ Nordic don’t respond to emails. Anyone know a way round this, in terms of fixing the game, getting a response from THQ or getting a refund from Nintendo?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Generally if you make a stink I think you're allowed one refund from Nintendo but I've never actually done it so idk.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Even though I didn't like M+R, I do think it's an inspired idea and I hope they come up with A: more weird Nintendo crossovers and B: make them tactical RPG games.

Give me Luigi + Ghostbusters + Scooby Doo Tactics please.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

American McGay posted:

Generally if you make a stink I think you're allowed one refund from Nintendo but I've never actually done it so idk.

Yeah got that when Kingdom: New Lands was literally unplayable to the end. No luck this time.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I just picked up Kirby Star Allies and booting it up I unlocked a ton of characters and I just got the Dream Palace, is there anyway to select which computer controlled character my friend's take control of? I'm Kirby but my friend keeps becoming the bomb dude in the second position, but we just got Marx and we want to control him but can't figure out how. Player 1 always has to be Kirby right?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgeA_MNQv9w

I'm not sure if this was posted, but Tennis Aces originally had a static opening with talking portraits and 5 seconds of cutscene. Camelot apparently redid the intro to be a classic sports game cartoon for the most part with the Wa Brothers being Tomb Robbers :v:

That's a weird amount of effort to put into for something that should have been there from the start.

Also so many of those voice clips are so out of place so it's still pretty half baked.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

nintendo what the gently caress give me a wario and waluigi game now you cowards

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Wario & Waluigi buddy team up treasure hunting capitalism comedy game has been 10 years in the making. Let's do it Nintendo.

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

Anything can be sent, as long as it's less than 1200 bytes
Greetings, we've just pushed/you can now grab an update for Turok1 on Switch, version 2.0.1:
  • Added option to control the orientation of gyro aiming (Yaw, Roll or Both)
  • Added option for support for left-handed (southpaw) controls
  • Added graphical option for always-on lens flares
  • Directionality of the pro controller's gyro aiming was reversed

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

How is inverted gyro still not available in any first party Nintendo games? There has to be at least four other people that want it.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

s.i.r.e. posted:

I just picked up Kirby Star Allies and booting it up I unlocked a ton of characters and I just got the Dream Palace, is there anyway to select which computer controlled character my friend's take control of? I'm Kirby but my friend keeps becoming the bomb dude in the second position, but we just got Marx and we want to control him but can't figure out how. Player 1 always has to be Kirby right?

You have to despawn the character in a player 2 slot, get the friend you want, then have him take control for that to work properly. Or get 4 friends and the next Dream Wand will let you replace one of the three with the friend you picked.

If you want to play with the Marx you have now your only option is to hop on his back to assume direct control. Also correct- in story mode you can only be Kirby but after you beat the game you can unlock a mode that let's P1 be anyone.

Araxxor posted:

That's a weird amount of effort to put into for something that should have been there from the start.

Also so many of those voice clips are so out of place so it's still pretty half baked.

Mario's "Luigi :D" at the end is my favorite.

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

s.i.r.e. posted:

Player 1 has to be Kirby in the main story, yes. The second player can become anyone you've got access to in Dream Palaces, but you only use them as player 1 in Guest Star Mode (after clearing once with a Normal Helper) where they'll be 'locked' like Kirby- I don't think there's any more where P1 can switch around their character freely.

You can ride a Dream Friend to basically play 'as' them, so there's that, I guess.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

s.i.r.e. posted:

In the main game player 1 has to be kirby

I think you can "delete" friends and then have your friends press start to take control of a different friend. If I remember it's something like hold L+R+A??? It's messy yes

There is a game mode afterwards where Player 1 can be any character, but I think they have to stay that character for the entire run. You can play through the game as Marx this way for example but it's a shortened version of the campaign (with some changes specifically for Marx)

In the boss rush modes every player chooses a character and does not switch

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

How is inverted gyro still not available in any first party Nintendo games? There has to be at least four other people that want it.

eugh

Golgo13
Jul 27, 2018

A Ring-a-Ding-Ding!

It's a healthy addiction... :sludgepal:

Yeah the was a couple of cases of this in the game. It got pissed off with Toad and Toadette getting lost in the levels. It was a weird script choice that I was surprised was allowed by Nintendo. It didn't bother me much but I can imagine it upsetting some parents.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Golgo13 posted:

Yeah the was a couple of cases of this in the game. It got pissed off with Toad and Toadette getting lost in the levels. It was a weird script choice that I was surprised was allowed by Nintendo. It didn't bother me much but I can imagine it upsetting some parents.

Punctuation mark swearing is acceptable in newspaper comics, I don't see why it'd be controversial in murder simulators.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

There is absolutely nobody offended by grawlix in the year 2019, no matter how hard you try to make it a thing

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

I hope they include an option in Link's Awakening to turn on the unskippable dialog boxes every time you accidentally brush up against a boulder without the arm band equipped, so Real Gamers can play the game as it was Meant to be Played.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

ColdPie posted:

I hope they include an option in Link's Awakening to turn on the unskippable dialog boxes every time you accidentally brush up against a boulder without the arm band equipped, so Real Gamers can play the game as it was Meant to be Played.

Why would you remind me of this :negative:

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Can't wait for FF7 + Rabbids for the unreadable Barret/Beep-0 dialogue

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Sanford posted:

I’m playing This is the Police 2 and a little way in there’s a game-breaking bug that stops the sticks working. Nintendo say lol gently caress you, take it up with the dev and THQ Nordic don’t respond to emails. Anyone know a way round this, in terms of fixing the game, getting a response from THQ or getting a refund from Nintendo?

Try looking up the director of the game and hitting him up on Twitter or Discord. A friend of mine ran into a crazy glitch in the Switch version of Sphinx The Cursed Mummy, a game originally on PS2. He reached out to someone on the dev team, who was trying to recreate that specific glitch for over a decade. They were able to fix the glitch because of it.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

yikes, looks like wario now chugs VB and calls me a "fuarkin dog oval office" and tells me to "get that up ya guts". not too sure parents are going to love this new australian tradie version of wario but we'll have to wait and see

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Today is Reggie’s last day at Nintendo :(

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

you deserve game breaking bugs if you buy a game in which you're a cop

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

irlZaphod posted:

What if you're a freelance cop

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

What if you're a freelance cop

Then your game studio is dead

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

RBA Starblade posted:

Then your game studio is dead

That was only a licensing deal

MechaSeinfeld posted:

yikes, looks like wario now chugs VB and calls me a "fuarkin dog oval office" and tells me to "get that up ya guts". not too sure parents are going to love this new australian tradie version of wario but we'll have to wait and see

He's already basically from New Jersey, I dunno who'll notice any difference

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I know, but I really wanted season 4. :(

Unrelatedly, there aren't a whole lot of switch exclusives are there?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

RBA Starblade posted:

Unrelatedly, there aren't a whole lot of switch exclusives are there?

No, but it's very much a quality over quantity situation.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

irlZaphod posted:

Wrong because sleeping dogs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mokinokaro posted:

No, but it's very much a quality over quantity situation.

True!

I'm thinking I'm going to buy Kirby a bit later on at least. Maybe Mario Kart. Any cheap-rear end digital only things to consider? It looked like it was pretty much just whatever's already available on PS4.