Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who do you want to be the 2020 Democratic Nominee?
This poll is closed.
Joe "the liberal who fights busing" Biden 27 1.40%
Bernie "please don't die" Sanders 1017 52.69%
Cory "charter schools" Booker 12 0.62%
Kirsten "wall street" Gillibrand 24 1.24%
Kamala "truancy queen" Harris 59 3.06%
Julian "who?" Castro 7 0.36%
Tulsi "gay panic" Gabbard 25 1.30%
Michael "crimes crimes crimes" Avenatti 22 1.14%
Sherrod "discount bernie" Brown 21 1.09%
Amy "horrible boss" Klobuchar 12 0.62%
Tammy "stands for america" Duckworth 48 2.49%
Beto "whataburger" O'Rourke 32 1.66%
Elizabeth "instagram beer" Warren 284 14.72%
Tom "impeach please" Steyer 4 0.21%
Michael "soda is the devil" Bloomberg 9 0.47%
Joseph Stalin 287 14.87%
Howard "coffee republican" Schultz 10 0.52%
Jay "nobody cares about climate change :(" Inslee 13 0.67%
Pete "gently caress the homeless" Butt Man 17 0.88%
Total: 1930 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Pulcinella di Bund posted:

warren completely botched all her chances with that stupid DNA test. who the hell are her advisors

The DNA thing was really loving stupid but tbh I don’t think it’s why Warren isn’t popular.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Pulcinella di Bund posted:

warren completely botched all her chances with that stupid DNA test. who the hell are her advisors

She literally got the idea from those Pod Save Johns.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

overmind2000 posted:

I'm not sure what's funnier, Cory Booker being behind Andrew Yang or Kirsten Gillibrand being behind Mike Gravel

https://twitter.com/EmersonPolling/status/1117754985129938944

Hot drat, Bernie up over Biden by a pretty nice margin for a national poll! I'm guessing the re-popularization of the Creepy Uncle Hair Sniffer story has had a small effect already.

https://twitter.com/independentforb/status/1117773132738310144

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/AASchapiro/status/1117548692360196096

:yosbutt:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

drat bernie might actually win this thing huh.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

WampaLord posted:

Hot drat, Bernie up over Biden by a pretty nice margin for a national poll! I'm guessing the re-popularization of the Creepy Uncle Hair Sniffer story has had a small effect already.

https://twitter.com/independentforb/status/1117773132738310144

It's helped by the fact that Bernie is actually going out and campaigning while Biden sits around saying that he might do something

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

TBF if you just look at the data, Mayor Pete could have cleared out the undesirables and leveled their hovels much more efficiently if he had deployed artillery strikes and white phosphorus in South Bend .

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Iron Twinkie posted:

TBF if you just look at the data, Mayor Pete could have cleared out the undesirables and leveled their hovels much more efficiently if he had deployed artillery strikes and white phosphorus in South Bend .

In this 50 page op ed I will lay out the case for affordable access to American military hardware for ethnic cleansing.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

overmind2000 posted:

It's helped by the fact that Bernie is actually going out and campaigning while Biden sits around saying that he might do something

I do wonder if this is going to light a fire under Biden's butt watching his name recognition lead collapse.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Isn't Biden on the record as saying he will only run if he is guaranteed to win? This is really good for Bernie.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

The Kingfish posted:

Isn't Biden on the record as saying he will only run if he is guaranteed to win? This is really good for Bernie.

The instant Biden drops out, Bernie is gonna surge to a commanding lead and honestly short of some weird campaign-ending gaffe happening, I find it hard to think of a single candidate who can rally enough of the support to beat Bernie in a post-Biden race, at least when the field is still this big. If everyone except Harris or Butt dropped out, maybe one of them could eclipse Bernie's numbers, but I just don't see that happening until at least Super Tuesday.

This is excellent news for Bernie.

eta:

https://twitter.com/PhilipWegmann/status/1117758549642313730

e: vvv that seems pretty unlikely

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Apr 15, 2019

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Biden could drop out in a way so as to maximize damage to Bernie if he wanted. Say he's too old to run and the time is past for people his age to run the country.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Lightning Knight posted:

The DNA thing was really loving stupid but tbh I don’t think it’s why Warren isn’t popular.

She isn't popular because the best things about her isn't something our stupid electorate cares about.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

this is such an early poll that it means almost nothing but also if I were Kirsten Gillibrand i would drop out in shame right now for not getting a single response (i checked, not a one!!!) in a poll where luminaries like Wayne Messam, Jay Inslee, Tulsi Gabbard, Marianne Williamson and Tim Ryan got votes

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

DC Murderverse posted:

this is such an early poll that it means almost nothing but also if I were Kirsten Gillibrand i would drop out in shame right now for not getting a single response (i checked, not a one!!!) in a poll where luminaries like Wayne Messam, Jay Inslee, Tulsi Gabbard, Marianne Williamson and Tim Ryan got votes

I'm surprised she's gotten such little traction...

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

She was never going to have progressive support for obvious reasons, and she was never going to have establishment support because she helped oust Al Franken.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Biden could drop out in a way so as to maximize damage to Bernie if he wanted. Say he's too old to run and the time is past for people his age to run the country.

I think this would really handicap Bernie, especially if Biden says something like "Even though I think I could beat Trump, this election is about more than my ego. It's time for a new generation to lead this country, blah blah blah". Then Bernie would have to be on the defense about why he isn't too old, why he's not running to boost his ego, etc.

Buuuut I doubt Biden would ever do that precisely because he has a huge ego and probably genuinely believes that only he can save America by uniting with Republicans to pass horrible policies.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

I guess Kamala Harris But White And More Connected To Wall Street wasn’t such a great pitch in hindsight

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

https://twitter.com/magi_jay/status/1117456555555852288?s=19

Bernie calling out CAP was a honey pot for getting the biggest poo poo piles to cry out in anger.

"Leftists aren't supposed to fight back against bad faith attacks from conservatives :qq:. We have to rally around our Saudi funded right wing think tank that pushes an ideology we pretend we are against."

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Apr 15, 2019

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:
The electorate doesn't know or care who Neera Tanden is. Burning a news cycle on DC insider bullshit looks like a symptom of a campaign that is spending too much time fighting on Twitter.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

LinYutang posted:

The electorate doesn't know or care who Neera Tanden is. Burning a news cycle on DC insider bullshit looks like a symptom of a campaign that is spending too much time fighting on Twitter.

Yes, yes, I'm sure this will definitely be something the vast majority of real voters remember by the time the actual primaries roll around and not just politics nerds like us who follow every breaking story with an unmatched zeal.

"Burning a news cycle" lol it's April of 2019 we got plenty of news cycles to go.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

LinYutang posted:

Its just a little red meat for the online base. I doubt it will "burn a news cycle," but even if it does, there is no such thing as bad press.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

WampaLord posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/philosophrob/status/1117575478724972544

Now that's what I call signs of a large and highly motivated base! :bernin:

I loving knew that Beto's claimed donor numbers were bullshit.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Cerebral Bore posted:

Bernie has more donors than the next 3 candidates combined! :bernin:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i don't think beto ever claimed ridiculous donor numbers - it was the amount he raised first day that was suspect and since i don't think FEC filings break down numbers by day we'll never know.

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

overmind2000 posted:

Yes. Run Bernie run! It’s smart that while pundits and mainstream media engage in chronic masturbation over Biden that Bernie is ignoring all of that and talking to the American people directly.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Cerebral Bore posted:

It only means that bernie is cynically fleecing the poor of what little money they have left, just to feed his ego

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The Kingfish posted:

She was never going to have progressive support for obvious reasons, and she was never going to have establishment support because she helped oust Al Franken.

I don't think actual voters care about her role in the Franken thing. Just DC insider types.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Groovelord Neato posted:

i don't think beto ever claimed ridiculous donor numbers - it was the amount he raised first day that was suspect and since i don't think FEC filings break down numbers by day we'll never know.

He claimed 128000 unique contributions in the first 24 hours, obviously trying to imply that there were that many donors, but there's no goddamn way that could be accurate as it would mean that he only got 35000 more donors since then.

steinrokkan posted:

It only means that bernie is cynically fleecing the poor of what little money they have left, just to feed his ego

I hear that Bernie uses the donation money to buy lakefront houses that he fills with extremely expensive jackets.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Cerebral Bore posted:

He claimed 128000 unique contributions in the first 24 hours, obviously trying to imply that there were that many donors, but there's no goddamn way that could be accurate as it would mean that he only got 35000 more donors since then.

entirely possible

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

mcmagic posted:

I don't think actual voters care about her role in the Franken thing. Just DC insider types.

Right, but most voters just let the DC insider types tell them who their options are.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Cerebral Bore posted:

oh lol now that's just stupid to claim since that can be verified.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

steinrokkan posted:

Wowza

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

WampaLord posted:

Yes, yes, I'm sure this will definitely be something the vast majority of real voters remember by the time the actual primaries roll around and not just politics nerds like us who follow every breaking story with an unmatched zeal.

"Burning a news cycle" lol it's April of 2019 we got plenty of news cycles to go.

Yeah the only people that care about this are the online left, online donut types, and the "journalists" that are concerned over criticising commentary from an industry and foreign backed think tank. It's just red meat but it's funny to see the types of people really mad about it.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

liz warren continues with her unlikeable, unexciting nerdery

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1117798079779024896

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Badger of Basra posted:

liz warren continues with her unlikeable, unexciting nerdery

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1117798079779024896

What's sad is that "unlikeable" and "unexciting" are more deal-killers for candidates in voters' minds than "can craft policy" and "cares about the country" and "has a record of reliability"

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

No Safe Word posted:

What's sad is that "unlikeable" and "unexciting" are more deal-killers for candidates in voters' minds than "can craft policy" and "cares about the country" and "has a record of reliability"

Also "likability" is bullshit since apparently an old doofus who lost a bunch of primaries due to plagiarism and gaffes, pals around with the enemy, and touches women and children in creepy ways is "likable."

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Radish posted:

Also "likability" is bullshit since apparently an old doofus who lost a bunch of primaries due to plagiarism and gaffes, pals around with the enemy, and touches women and children in creepy ways is "likable."
He’s been getting away with that poo poo because he is likable.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

The Kingfish posted:

She literally got the idea from those Pod Save Johns.

lmao really? Is there a source for this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

The Kingfish posted:

Right, but most voters just let the DC insider types tell them who their options are.

this might have being true 20 years ago but most voters don't give a poo poo nowadays lol