Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Big Mean Jerk posted:

The ones out in the wild are probably the old Power of the Force 2 Skiff from the 90’s. The one on Hasbro Pulse is an all new more accurate sculpt that was announced a couple weeks ago.

The insane eBay prices are probably because eBay scalpers have tripled the price of any Jabba related thing ever since the gigantic sail barge came out last month.

Ah! Is this not the gigantic one? It definitely wasn’t the 90s one. The one I saw was a good 3-4 feet long or something, and had the vintage styled box.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That was a Kickstarter style thing they did a while ago.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

The_Doctor posted:

Ah! Is this not the gigantic one? It definitely wasn’t the 90s one. The one I saw was a good 3-4 feet long or something, and had the vintage styled box.

If it was that big it’s probably the Sail Barge that was crowdfunded on HasLab. Those things are going for 2-3x the original $500 pledge now.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Kickstarter people got there’s a bit ago.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Cool, thanks everyone!

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
If you’re into the Jabba/ROTJ stuff, this is going to be a good year for it. In addition to the Sail Barge and upcoming skiff, they’re also doing a bunch of Jabba’s guards and barge patrons in single and three-packs, a palace diorama/playset with Carbonite Han, new Boussh Leia and Skiff Lando, and a new Yak Face.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Meanwhile I'm still waiting for a reissue of the "legacy" Millennium Falcon... I really regret not picking that up for like $60 years ago because a loose one with parts missing goes for hundreds now.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Joe Fisto posted:

The weirdest thing happened today. I stopped by a Gamestop, and I found on the shelf a Professor X. I bought it.

I have a pre-order through GS, at that exact same store. I guess they didn't plan on fulfilling my order.

This happened to me with the Jump trooper. I asked them why they didn't tell me my pre-order was in and they blamed it on a recent change in managers.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
So my first repack return in the wild. Black Series Finn packed in a Kree Sentry wave Nick Fury box.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Wtf, is that a thing stores do?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kingtheninja posted:

The stores don't really know/care what's supposed to be in each box so they take the return anyway.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Nah, assholes will buy a fig they want, then return it with a different fig in the packaging. Most stores policies are to just accept returns, and if you've got someone working who doesn't know anything about the product, it'll end up back on the shelf.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Kingtheninja posted:

You clearly aren't on many Facebook collecting groups. The main Marvel one has some amazing shame photos. Best I've seen was some Wal-Mart where they stocked a half-faded 80s era WWF Macho Man figure into a Gamora box.

I can't decide if the scammer is terrible or a hero in that case, solely because at that point it's seriously on Wal-Mart for not giving a poo poo, and the fact that he got away with it is actually kinda impressive.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

It happens all the time at my Walmart too. Marvel figures get swapped out for DC ones or the build-a-figure pieces are just stolen.

This one is my favorite:

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Deal of the century right there!

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Are Chinese knock-offs of Hot Toys figures a thing? Because I’m looking to buy this, and the price seems appropriate for a legit item, but it’s coming from China so who knows? :shrug:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F152609950138

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Big Bad Toy Store has it for 10 bucks cheaper?

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/product/variationdetails/27878?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIra3PiY3T4QIV2I2zCh3XkQihEAkYASABEgLvCPD_BwE

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Apr 15, 2019

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Xenomrph posted:

Are Chinese knock-offs of Hot Toys figures a thing? Because I’m looking to buy this, and the price seems appropriate for a legit item, but it’s coming from China so who knows? :shrug:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F152609950138

I usually just exclude anything from China when I search on eBay because it’s safe to assume it’s a knockoff. Especially when the price is too good to be true.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Yeah, but a bunch of the listings on eBay “accept offers” and the going rate for recently sold listings of the same item are around $200 shipped, so I’m figuring I can make an offer and come in a lot lower than BBTS.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

At least this way you can be reassured it's not a knockoff.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Found the entire X-Men Caliban wave at Target this morning. :toot:

I don't understand why Jubilee comes has 2 heads and 3 separate pairs of glasses.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Cocks Cable posted:

Found the entire X-Men Caliban wave at Target this morning. :toot:

I don't understand why Jubilee comes has 2 heads and 3 separate pairs of glasses.

So she can give a pair to another figure, and they can do that cool back-to-back "twinsies" pose.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I dunno if this helps or not, but I have never seen a knock off 1/6 endo ever. I'd be loving ecstatic if they did, but nope.

Honestly, can't even find a decent 1/6 skeleton for cheap anymore.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

What is your definition of “for cheap” in this context?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Coomodels had a pretty awesome one for about $40. Now they don't make em anymore and they are something insane on ebay like $200-400 a pop.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hot Toys are made in Hong Kong so Chinese sales can often be legit.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Grant DaNasty posted:

It happens all the time at my Walmart too. Marvel figures get swapped out for DC ones or the build-a-figure pieces are just stolen.

This one is my favorite:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Oh come on!

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Well, you see, it’s a callback to that scene in Winter Soldier when Captain America hid that thing in a vending machine. Any true fan would be honored to find that exceptionally rare variant.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Big Mean Jerk posted:

The ones out in the wild are probably the old Power of the Force 2 Skiff from the 90’s. The one on Hasbro Pulse is an all new more accurate sculpt that was announced a couple weeks ago.

The insane eBay prices are probably because eBay scalpers have tripled the price of any Jabba related thing ever since the gigantic sail barge came out last month.

There's also the original tatooine skiff from the 1980s which I got off of rec.arts.sf.starwars.collecting many moons ago before ebay!

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I see Hasbro got the license for the "Mattel and Mars Bar Quick Energy Chocobot Hour".

Grant DaNasty fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Apr 16, 2019

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Shiftypenguin posted:

This happened to me with the Jump trooper. I asked them why they didn't tell me my pre-order was in and they blamed it on a recent change in managers.

Funnily enough they called me today to tell me the pre order was in. I let them know they can keep it.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I found the Infamous Iron Man at Walgreens today. Strangely the cape doesn't have a peg to secure on the body, it just sits there. The articulation was also removed from these hands.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Got most of the new Overwatch Hasbro figures in, which scale really nicely with the Figma I had for Tracer, Reaper, Widowmaker, and Genji. I like having them display with the slightly out of scale but nice NECA TF2 figures.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I don’t know why I did it but I ordered the Hasbro Tracer despite having the Figma Tracer (which is perfect). I saw some video reviews of the Hasbro Mercy/Pharah set and it looks great, but we’re getting Figmas of them later in the year and those looks awesome. If they’re as good as the Figma Tracer then I don’t know if I need to get the Hasbro versions.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I'm very impress with the Hasbro figures. They do scale really well with the Figma.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
If anyone wants to buy my Figma Traced, I'm selling.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Rirse posted:

I'm very impress with the Hasbro figures. They do scale really well with the Figma.

The necks are weirdly long and I can't unsee it.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Of course the best one is already sold out.

https://www.amazon.com/stores/page/..._web_2601116011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

RevKrule posted:

The necks are weirdly long and I can't unsee it.

I just noticed their heads were not on all the way. Dunno why Figma would come in like that.