Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/softsynthbear/status/1116843758945878017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Thank you for this.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I feel like I should be mad because he lied to me, but he's so charming I just can't.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Good avatar material here.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

gently caress now I know how Worf felt.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

McSpanky posted:

That would destroy it for sure, and I'm pretty sure the hero pieces get used multiple times before they degrade enough that they have to be recreated.

I would think they could get the major pieces off pretty quickly if they aren't doing a full cleanup and still have it be safer than an actor wearing it home to do post natural disaster stuff and then presumably remove it themselves.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Huh, the most recent Orville episode not only featured Marina Siritis in a bit part, but was directed by Jonathan Frakes. That was probably a fun day on set :)

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Minidust posted:

Huh, the most recent Orville episode not only featured Marina Siritis in a bit part, but was directed by Jonathan Frakes. That was probably a fun day on set :)

Also Tony Todd

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Lol Ben and Adam were completely perplexed about why Kor and Worf didn't just give the sword of Kahless to the emperor, that would have solved all their problems!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Lol Ben and Adam were completely perplexed about why Kor and Worf didn't just give the sword of Kahless to the emperor, that would have solved all their problems!
I’m pretty sure they literally say why they don’t in the episode

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Minidust posted:

Also written by the guy who wrote Darmok

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

FlamingLiberal posted:

I’m pretty sure they literally say why they don’t in the episode

I'm glad I've never watched/listened to these guys. By all accounts, they're goddamn terrible about completely loving missing the point on DS9.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I did enjoy the invented B plot of this episode of Kor slowly growing more concerned about Jadzia's racism against Vulcans. Vulks, as she calls them.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
"I dont understand why they dont simply stay on deep space nine and destroy all the jem'hadar ships with their weapons."

"Yeah they've got all these guns, you would think they could just shoot them until they won."

"Hmm ... strange."

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Why do you all listen to that podcast? I've not heard one positive thing about it in all my time reading this thread. The one episode I listened to, the first DS9 one, was dogshit.

Listen to Rachel Watches Star Trek instead.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
I like their jokes and their insights on tv production, even if they do have the point go wailing past their heads pretty consistently. Weirdly enough, much like Star Trek, you can like Greatest Gen and still make fun of the goofy nonsensical poo poo it does.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I kinda got the impression the Logicians actually enjoy the game and are a bit embarrassed at their racist-rear end captain trying to prove a point about Vulcan superiority over an obviously ragtag team that's not even half human. Ezri and Quark even call him out on that.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

marktheando posted:

Why do you all listen to that podcast? I've not heard one positive thing about it in all my time reading this thread. The one episode I listened to, the first DS9 one, was dogshit.
Because I find them funny, regardless of their take on and/or understanding of Star Trek.

If you want an accurate breakdown and serious analysis of every episode, then yeah, it's not the podcast for you.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
They are two goofuses who crack jokes vaguely based on the episode they are watching. Critical analysis it is not, but it is entertaining.

I actually thought The Visitor episode was great because it was just an hour of them making Bill Cosby jokes and commenting how they are going to be cancelled.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

HD DAD posted:

They are two goofuses who crack jokes vaguely based on the episode they are watching. Critical analysis it is not, but it is entertaining.

I actually thought The Visitor episode was great because it was just an hour of them making Bill Cosby jokes and commenting how they are going to be cancelled.
Yeah I enjoyed their The Visitor episode because it went so off the rails

If you are looking for real episode analysis you need to go listen to another podcast. I’ve seen most of these episodes a million times so i appreciate something comedic

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yeah The Visitor was so good.

Oh you bumped your head? Lucky for you, I have lots of painkillers, ROODEEEEEEE!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Patrick Bauchau, an actual Belgian actor would have been interesting. Jenny Agutter as Crusher could have been fantastic.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

The alternate universe where Rosalind Chao plays Tasha and Wesley Snipes plays Geordi :swoon:

Banana Canada
Sep 2, 2003
I'd tax all foreigners living abroad.

I'm Yaphet as Picard.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

If you guys are gonna be talking about disco and orville in the trek thread lemme bring this back to trek in the most retarded way I know:

Weirdest loss edit I ever saw.

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Apr 15, 2019

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Snow Cone Capone posted:

The alternate universe where Rosalind Chao plays Tasha and Wesley Snipes plays Geordi :swoon:

:techno: Some motherfuckers are always trying to warp uphill.

Also wait, Ben Murphy as Riker? Like...Riding with Death Ben Murphy?

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Binary Badger posted:

If you guys are gonna be talking about disco and orville in the trek thread lemme bring this back to trek in the most retrded way I know:

low-effort image doctor, didn't even use the Capcom font. disgraceful

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Binary Badger posted:

If you guys are gonna be talking about disco and orville in the trek thread lemme bring this back to trek in the most retarded way I know:

Lwaxana only had two children though?? :confused:

I don't think she even gets laid that often, at least not on the show.

The_Doctor posted:

Patrick Bauchau, an actual Belgian actor would have been interesting. Jenny Agutter as Crusher could have been fantastic.

I see Roy Thinnes as a candidate for Picard and all I can think of is his appearance as the DA in the Law and Order pilot. I'm envisioning him in those big glasses and striped shirt and suspenders, sitting in the captain's chair.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I kinda got the impression the Logicians actually enjoy the game and are a bit embarrassed at their racist-rear end captain trying to prove a point about Vulcan superiority over an obviously ragtag team that's not even half human. Ezri and Quark even call him out on that.

I always figured it was more that, even though you're just off the front lines and want nothing more than to eat a big bowl of plomeek soup and sleep for a week, when the guy who has your career in his hands tells you you need to learn how to play an alien game because hes got a vendetta with somebody dating back to Starfleet Academy, you say yes, sir, and study up on the rules.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

https://twitter.com/tng_s8/status/126804153438703616

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Three, you monster! One of them drowned herself in a foot of water because she looked too much like Kirsten Dunst.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

CPColin posted:

Three, you monster! One of them drowned herself in a foot of water because she looked too much like Kirsten Dunst.

I was already counting her...

Deanna, the drowned one... who else??

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

I was already counting her...

Deanna, the drowned one... who else??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGj_SilXG_M

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

The_Doctor posted:

Tim Russ... it's so hard to imagine him as Geordi after being Tuvok for so long but I've seen him other stuff and I think he has the acting ability to do it, and is Reggie Jackson the actual Reggie Jackson, i.e. the baseball player? That would've been kind of awesome, too.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

The part I'm surprised at is Wesley Snipes for Geordi, never knew he auditioned for TNG

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Angry_Ed posted:

:techno: Some motherfuckers are always trying to warp uphill.

Also wait, Ben Murphy as Riker? Like...Riding with Death Ben Murphy?

Now I know we're living in the wrong timeline.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
J D Roth lmfao

vuk83
Oct 9, 2012
Does anybody have an image of the shatter chop, in comic or linear style?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

I don't think she even gets laid that often, at least not on the show.

Well, not since she got that terrible infection from going back to front.