Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

pahuyuth posted:

Which scene was Mac in? I can't tell from the screenshot

He was the first guy Theon's men shot when rescuing Yara from Euron's boat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I like that I can read game of thrones spoilers and I have no idea what it means.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Our very own Ronald McDonald has a cameo in the game of thrones season opener.

SPOILER
https://giant.gfycat.com/EmotionalDentalDinosaur.webm

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Burning_Monk posted:

Dee was also an extra in last nights episode:

Blackface, Dee? Really? Godammit.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Von_Doom posted:

Blackface, Dee? Really? Godammit.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Want to go to their house and replace their wedding photos with that so bad

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Recently rewatched the escape room episode and it is peak sunny. The gum, the pipes, Charlie's proper british accent congratulating them for being men. Spectacular.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

ChesterJT posted:

Recently rewatched the escape room episode and it is peak sunny. The gum, the pipes, Charlie's proper british accent congratulating them for being men. Spectacular.

Your neck's high.... I trust you.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I love that Dennis goes into a paranoid rant about what Frank's gum means, and then when Mac approaches him and Charlie about it Frank straight up admits Dennis was right and he is using it as a psychological ploy.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
art of the deal!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

This came up in my YouTube recommendations yesterday:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzmoP79hQ5M

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

This came up in my YouTube recommendations yesterday:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzmoP79hQ5M

Yeah he really needs to do dramatic roles. When they were role-playing the pet store scenes all I could think of is that gas station scene from No Country For Old Men and how Glenn could've pulled something like that off.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Just finished rewatching all of The Mick. God what a good show. And a sad ending :(

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Bezos save the mick

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

drunken officeparty posted:

Just finished rewatching all of The Mick. God what a good show. And a sad ending :(

I dunno if sad's the exact word considering the tone of the show and how insufferable they made Sabrina. It reminded me of the Seinfeld finale where Susan dies and the gang considers it for a second, and then says "You wanna get some coffee?" (And the following season finale where George ends up in the hospital and the doctor tells them he may never walk again...and they consider it for a second, and then leave him in the hospital and go out for coffee. That was such a great show.) I thought it made a decent series finale considering.

This season of AP Bio has been weaker than the first. :( This week's episode was such a generic sitcom plot, no swerves, nothing to make it interesting. I like watching Dennis being arrogant and mean to people, and I like the three teachers, but they've got to give them a little more story to work with. And why are everyone's eyes so blue?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I'm pretty sure my favorite character is Helen.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
AP Bio's been kind of losing me this season because it feels like it's having an identity crisis, or being retooled into something it wasn't initially. The first season was a pretty basic concept, "edgy comedy character gets dropped into a wholesome sitcom world," and that just worked on some fundamental level.

The second season seems like it's... kinda lost the plot. The show's a lot meaner on the whole now, which sort of kills the initial concept outright since there's multiple other characters who are worse people than Jack, and it seems like they've been fumbling trying to come up with a new angle. There's the thing with Jack's girlfriend, which worked at first, but... she's not really much of a character beyond "Jack with tits" and they went in a cliche will-they-won't-they direction to try and milk it longer. There's the stuff with the other teachers, but they're painfully loving unfunny (yes, writers, we get it, you think having an Asian woman speak AAVE is the funniest poo poo ever). Patton Oswalt's bit was funny at first, but they took it too far and it's kind of stretching credulity now.

And honestly, the choice of Jack's targets just strikes me as... weird and different. In season 1, it seemed to largely be people who slighted him minorly in some perceived way; in season 2, it's targeted vengeance towards people who directly and deliberately hosed with him, and that's just not really as funny as him making a huge, detailed plan to own someone who barely realizes he exists or thinks they're friends.

I still don't hate the show, but the seams are definitely showing in a way they didn't before.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It seems the same to me. This latest guy seems to be the only one so far that really hosed his life up.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Two PBJ nicknames

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/hXggrZf.gifv

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Here's Dennis doing an impersonation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5Uc679wAVg

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
The kids are absolutely the best part of AP Bio.

"Happy Birthdayyy!"

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I agree. Pretty much every one of them is awesome in some way. I hope they will get good roles, once this show is over.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
The scene of the two kids practicing kissing on each other’s hands hit a really hilarious and weird vibe.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Marcus has the absolute best facial expressions. He's like if Chidi from The Good Place was white and tiny.

Also Heather just generally loving owns and if her actress doesn't blow up big after this show, I'm gonna be kind of annoyed. Like I'd honestly say all the absolute funniest loving things in the show are related to her in some way.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Was there no new AP Bio this past thursday?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It doesn't come back until the 30th looks like.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
RIP AP Bio. I knew it was coming but it still sucks.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Michael Corleone posted:

RIP AP Bio. I knew it was coming but it still sucks.

Yeah, it was something to watch but there's a lot to watch these days. Nothing really stood out besides a couple of the kids. I don't feel like they even used Patton Oswalt to the extent they could have.

I liked the receptionist but it turns out she's kind of exactly like Dina from Superstore now that I watched that, so...

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Exactly, something to watch. I liked Patton when he is going steadily crazier like the bat thing last year. They should let shows like this last longer, they aren't great but people like to watch and get to know the characters, I'd rather this continue than whatever they are going to put in its place. I only watch TV on Hulu besides live sports so I am a different cat and not important to ratings I guess, not that I have a Neilson Box anyway.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
That sucks for people who liked AP Bio, but at least it got a second season which was kinda crazy. I guess keeping Lorne Michaels and Seth Meyers happy vs. terrible ratings only goes so far.

On the bright side Always Sunny should be at full force next season!

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Both children died, but the wrong one died first.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Ratjaculation posted:

Both children died, but the wrong one died first.

First is not worst??

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Jimmy is in a Netflix movie called Rim of the World, which is a decently acted movie for a bunch of kids....and he does, of course, a good job with the horrible writing available.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
How the gently caress is the last season of sunny not on Hulu yet?

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Glenn, Patton and the rest of the cast is trying to get the show saved on Twitter. Glenn says they have high Hulu viewership. I'm not optimistic of it being saved, your thoughts?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
If that mattered the Mick would be back by now

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Everyone in a show that's cancelled hopes it'll get saved now, especially post Brooklyn 99. But it's only worked with shows that had a strong following for multiple seasons. And for a channel smarter than Fox to realize what they're tossing aside.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Michael Corleone posted:

Glenn, Patton and the rest of the cast is trying to get the show saved on Twitter. Glenn says they have high Hulu viewership. I'm not optimistic of it being saved, your thoughts?

I've been watching it on Hulu only because who has cable TV anymore, so good luck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

What would the plan even be for another season of AP Bio? How can you extend the same class of kids beyond 1 semester?