Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Wyzt posted:

This song is kinda straight forward, the rest of the album gets much weirder!

gently caress yeah, weird metal.

Also you guys played with Blood Incantation? Holy gently caress, I just saw them with Morbid Angel and they blew me away. Count me in if you guys come to Boston.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

kumba posted:

Also out today: Hath - Of Rot and Ruin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0vZdufbcmE

Slugdge plugged this on their Facebook today, it's very good

Confirmed, I am liking Hath a lot.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Getting photobombed by Haydee from Aversed there

Jesus I am fuckin' sore, what an amazing show

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

I saw Aborted, Cryptopsy, and Hideous Divinity on Saturday. Hideous Divinity was so tight. They sounded amazing. Cryptopsy played a nice mix of older and newer stuff. Some of their set sounded a little sloppy but it was fine. If Hideous Divinity hadn’t just played a flawless set I probably wouldn’t have even mentioned it. Aborted were fantastic. I don’t know if any of you have ever been to Metro Gallery in Baltimore but it’s a pretty small venue. And aborted has a big backdrop, smoke machines, light show, and props on stage. Right before they went on I smoked a joint so I was in prime music intake mode. They were amazing of course. But I kept chuckling about how they had this stage setup for a much larger venue. To my stoned mind it was like watching Iron Maiden play a basement show. And it was the funniest thing ever.

I almost felt bad for this tour coming through when it did because the Decibel Metal Fest in Philly surely stole a lot of the potential crowd. In any case it was a fantastic show.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

deedee megadoodoo posted:

I saw Aborted, Cryptopsy, and Hideous Divinity on Saturday. Hideous Divinity was so tight. They sounded amazing.

I was at the show at Alchemy in Providence last night, and Alchemy's a really small venue too. I was rocking out with Haydee Irizarry from Aversed standing like right next to me in front of the stage. Matt from Cryptopsy was a super cool guy and hung out to say hi to fans after the show. Edit: I'm pretty sure I bought a shirt from Chris Donaldson, that beard is unmistakable

Sven grabbed my head TWICE. The dude's stage energy is loving unbelievable. Getting to see Aborted and Cryptopsy for the first time in a small venue like that just blew me away. The pit was absolutely insane during Slit Your Guts. :black101:

venus de lmao fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Apr 15, 2019

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

They had us wall of death to Phobophile and our venue absolutely doesn't support a wall of death but we made it happen anyways. One of the best concerts I've ever been to

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

https://twitter.com/ThatsNotMetal/status/1116710845600477184

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Amon Amarth, Arch Enemy, At the Gates & Grand Magus just announced a big tour.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Not big enough, not a single New England date.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Lol

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
remember when some publication complained that nails' "you will never be one of us" wasn't inclusive.

some people...

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

remember when some publication complained that nails' "you will never be one of us" wasn't inclusive.

some people...

A real meeting of the minds going up against the man who thinks publishing an interview is actually stealing from the artist

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Did anyone go to the Philly Metal & Beer Fest? I'm nowhere near there, but I want to be jealous of anyone who saw Enslaved's Frost set and tried their mead.

Also, two Inter Arma videos for The Atavist's Meridian and Howling Lands. The latter looks like it was made in Poser, but whatever, it's a metal video.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Apr 15, 2019

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDZIoMjwzKQ

Mothergently caress.

Ken makes it look so loving effortless.

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.
Doesn’t Varg live in Paris?

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Less Claypool posted:

He lives in the French wilderness, not Paris iirc

I'd like to think he saw the fire and just sighed knowing someone is going to blame him

Nazzadan fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Apr 15, 2019

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Varg wouldn't dare go anywhere the modernity and degeneracy of a big city.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Vintersorg posted:

gently caress my wallet

Pokey Araya
Jan 1, 2007

Wyzt posted:

Thanks! I'm the vocalist/guitarist.

My favorite part is this time I was actually able to buy the original painting, which he paints on wood. Just gotta get it framed now.

Thats the one thing that was disappointing about our first album artwork by Dan Seagrave, he keeps all the originals...but he did make art prints of it at least so I could get one of those framed.

Hell yeah Adam Burke rules, he did the album art for a band I was in.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Henchman of Santa posted:

A real meeting of the minds going up against the man who thinks publishing an interview is actually stealing from the artist

link that poo poo so I can laugh

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

link that poo poo so I can laugh

Just read Todd Jones' twitter and you'll find unique dumbass takes every day.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Vintersorg posted:

That's a pretty cool/fun line-up and also Arch Enemy is there.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Trip report - Saint Vitus: not bad for a bunch of old fucks! The final song of their encore, which appears to be the final song on their upcoming album, has a whole bunch of blast beats on it, in case Saint Vitus but with blast beats is your thing. Also I had entirely forgotten just how much War Is Our Destiny loving whips rear end

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Henchman of Santa posted:

Just read Todd Jones' twitter and you'll find unique dumbass takes every day.

he does not seem to have any twitter presence at this time so who knows

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Less Claypool posted:

someone linked this to me:

blue.eyed.ash
Jul 17, 2006

Winner of the 'How Badly Will A Phone Game Milk Us Idiot Cash Cows?' Contest!

Answer: About $70USD for a bad character that unlocks the grind for another.

extra letters: star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-l

sticklefifer posted:

Did anyone go to the Philly Metal & Beer Fest? I'm nowhere near there, but I want to be jealous of anyone who saw Enslaved's Frost set and tried their mead.

Also, two Inter Arma videos for The Atavist's Meridian and Howling Lands. The latter looks like it was made in Poser, but whatever, it's a metal video.

I went, I was in New York for work for the week, so I decided to hop a train down and see the shows. Only went to the main events, but it was a really well-run fest with killer sets.

As far as the beer portion, I live in the Bay Area, so I’m spoiled for good beer, but I did like the Adroit Theory pastry stouts and I’ll never say no to fresh Three Floyds or Burial. Broken Goblet had a collab beer with Deafheaven that looked weird on paper, but drank just fine. Brimming Horn Meadery was shockingly great and the Enslaved mead was one of the best things I drank all weekend - it kicked in like no time, sadly.

The actual shows were great. Tomb Mold and Uada both crushed, and Baroness may have moved away from metal over the years, but they put on a hell of a live show. Both the Grey and Gold singles went over well live, and John and Gina looked like they were having a ton of fun playing guitar.

For me, Sunday was all about Enslaved/Deafheaven/Triptykon and holy poo poo those shows did not disappoint. Always nice to see Rosetta, too, they’re one of my favorite bands and they never tour the west coast.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

blue.eyed.ash posted:

the Enslaved mead was one of the best things I drank all weekend - it kicked in like no time, sadly

I am eternally jealous.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Yeah metal and beer fest was pretty great. Exhorder, Obituary and Triptykon were my favorites from the weekend. Deceased, Uada, Outer Heaven, Tomb Mold and Enslaved were really good too, though I've seen them all multiple times now and I guess I'm spoiled to be able to compare them to other times they were even better. I've never cared much for any meads I've had but the ones there this weekend were probably the best I've tried. I kept waiting around for Baroness at the end of Saturday after my friends bailed to hear just one old song from Red or Blue that never came.. and I gave Deafheaven another fair shot but I still don't really get the appeal. I also went and saw Withered down the street at the after show just to get some more crushing death metal into my ears to end the night, they're awesome too.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
I'm jealous as gently caress, I haven't seen Enslaved in 4 years now and I've never seen Uada live.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Uada are pretty good live. I'm surprised the drummer plays that set every other night or whatever. He was dying by the end, ha

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Vintersorg posted:

They couldn't find a fourth band that starts with a?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
And Agus

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Do you pronounce Grand Magus like the head of the Ferengi?

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Vintersorg posted:

Here in Denver Korpliklaani, Eluveitie & Gone in April are playing on Thursday -

And the Amon Amarth show is the next day.

I'm taking off work for that.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Reviewers are accurately describing the new Numenorean album as sounding like a mash-up of Deafheaven, Gojira, The Cure, and Killswitch Engage, and what's worse is that I really like it :magical:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Agus means and in Irish :v:

Spanish Manlove posted:

Do you pronounce Grand Magus like the head of the Ferengi?

:females:

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
Second new Amon track dropped:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2G554OBlL4

Me likey.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Wachter posted:

Reviewers are accurately describing the new Numenorean album as sounding like a mash-up of Deafheaven, Gojira, The Cure, and Killswitch Engage, and what's worse is that I really like it :magical:

I listened to this today on a whim and also really enjoyed it

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

H13 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKlVYJTSzuU

GLORY.
HAMMER.

I really really want to hate this because it's so stupid and cheesy and ridiculous, but goddamnit it's so fun and stupid and cheesy and ridiculous that it's impossible to hate this.

My current hobby is watching people who don't know what they're getting into react to gloryhammer videos

Also I think it was kilometers Davis who said that the great thing about power metal is that it's the exact opposite of whiney and it's true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pokey Araya
Jan 1, 2007
Just gonna leave this here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYOfNWNOWrI