Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

I read it. I liked the dialogue, which rang true. Kinda dislike this Rose though. Hopefully John can make her better. Roxy is still the best.

Huge pages of text and no pictures sucks rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

The mystery "V from Homestuck" dude has assured us that it isn't going to be all-text all the time.

I was put off by the "milking" and "lactation" tags until I was relieved to remember that, oh, Equius, I've coped with him before.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Arsenic Lupin posted:

The mystery "V from Homestuck" dude has assured us that it isn't going to be all-text all the time.

I was put off by the "milking" and "lactation" tags until I was relieved to remember that, oh, Equius, I've coped with him before.

Check the tags, Equius isn't in this one :smith:

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
Arquiussprite isn't either.

So whose milk is it

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

his butler lived

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Plom Bar posted:

Arquiussprite isn't either.

So whose milk is it

It's a mystery and I don't really want it to get solved, but it almost certainly will so I guess I better come to terms with that now.

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014

:thunk:

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Spellman posted:

There will be new original characters, maybe they will be trolls

Troll Hussie (2019)

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Check the tags, Equius isn't in this one :smith:

(weeps a lot)

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Oh crap I forgot to share this here
https://youtu.be/u0V9ALB3nVk
At least someone brought their A game this 4/13.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Scarodactyl posted:

Oh crap I forgot to share this here
https://youtu.be/u0V9ALB3nVk
At least someone brought their A game this 4/13.

I posted this a few pages ago but it was the bottom post so it would get missed

That's fine though. It reminded me that What Pumpkin is back with a brand new logo and (incredibly sparse) website.

No word on the whole Skaianet Systems thing.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Now that the epilogue(s?) is really happening there's finally a non-zero chance that Ocean Stars Falling might get used in a flash: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmEZzp7o8i8

Dare I dream the impossible dream?

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Bowman remixing things tends to go really well in general.

I still think Candles and Clockwork got the short end of the stick. That's a motif you could hang an entire series off of.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Bongo Bill posted:

Hi. I regret to inform you that your praise of the friendsims has been so over-the-top that it has scared me away from them. Goodbye.

I've been playing the Friendsims recently now that I'm all back up in Homestuck and they're pretty good so far (I'm about 5 volumes in) if you're into weird troll personalities. The writing tends to vary between wacky troll antics, further exploration into aspects of Alternian culture, and of course... feelings. For $18 total across all of them it's a good several hours of content, so doesn't seem like a bad deal.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Clawtopsy posted:

"Do I really have to punch her in the face?"

*checks character notes*

Wait, what?

Now that the epilogue(s?) is really happening there's finally a non-zero chance that Ocean Stars Falling might get used in a flash: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmEZzp7o8i8

Dare I dream the impossible dream?
I loved that song, so I hope so.

LunarCress
Feb 7, 2015

So if Meat's the big plot heavy stuff, then I suppose that would make Candy the wacky plot detours.

So basically the epilogue is a choice between "Let's do Cascade again" or "Trickster's 2: Electric Boogaloo".

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

LunarCress posted:

So if Meat's the big plot heavy stuff, then I suppose that would make Candy the wacky plot detours.

So basically the epilogue is a choice between "Let's do Cascade again" or "Trickster's 2: Electric Boogaloo".

I would say Candy is more... fluff. You know, relationship dialoguelogs and such.

People have speculated (here and elsewhere) that maybe this is going to be a split-timeline thing, like Terezi's coinflip. One John decides to head out and save canon and ultimately sacrifices himself or something. One John decides to stick around and repairs his friendships, and we get a chance to see what everyone's been up to. Or something.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

What kind of twisted world is this where I'm waiting for a Homestuck update in 2019

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Anything is possible here in Hell Timeline

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Bobulus posted:

I would say Candy is more... fluff. You know, relationship dialoguelogs and such.

People have speculated (here and elsewhere) that maybe this is going to be a split-timeline thing, like Terezi's coinflip. One John decides to head out and save canon and ultimately sacrifices himself or something. One John decides to stick around and repairs his friendships, and we get a chance to see what everyone's been up to. Or something.
It’s be interesting if the former John splits off into proper updates with art, while the latter remains in the fanfic framing.

Since Hussie is only writing the dialogue, it wouldn’t quite be pulling double duty.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Plom Bar posted:

Anything is possible here in Hell Timeline

But this is a good thing? How is this part of Hell Timeline?

Unless this is one of those ironic Hell timelines were things start out good, but then end up terrible. Which is still probable, but I'm trying to stay optimistic.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Clawtopsy posted:

"Do I really have to punch her in the face?"

*checks character notes*

John punched Vriska in the face as part of the RetJohn.
https://www.homestuck.com/story/7368

Pants Donkey posted:

Since Hussie is only writing the dialogue, it wouldn’t quite be pulling double duty.
If you look at V's CuriousCat (worth it imho) they say that everybody wrote everything and polished each other's drafts.

quote:

He wrote all the dialogue in the prologue and a lot of it in other parts but not all of it. You won't be able to tell who wrote what because it's all good, and it's hard to even say who's responsible for what in clear terms because we all edited and contributed to everything. It is a collaborative work
Andrew plotted/outlined everything in it but all 3 of us wrote prose and dialogue and edited each other's work. there's no real clear breakdown since it was a very collaborative process. CV did most of the raw writing work though

Arsenic Lupin fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Apr 15, 2019

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Candy is Fruit Gushers, meat is Burger King, and bread is Olive Garden bread

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Maybe we the reader, are deciding the outcome, once more

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

If there was a third choice, it would probably be vegetables, in the form of pumpkins.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Bobulus posted:

If there was a third choice, it would probably be vegetables, in the form of pumpkins.

(ahem) What Pumpkin? *mugs to camera, studio audience applauds*

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

It must be meat because I came down with a red meat allergy a few years back and now homestuck is giving me hives.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Man, I've been seeing people saying John is going to die and that's why Rose's goodbye was so ominous, but I'm pretty positive Rose is the one who's going to die? In fact, in order for the plot hole to be filled, everyone on the new earth needs to die.

That's the planet where the cherubs grew up, isn't it? The dead one, with all the lovely statues of liberty. So the canon ending for that place is some apocalypse happening and everyone dying.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Man, I've been seeing people saying John is going to die and that's why Rose's goodbye was so ominous, but I'm pretty positive Rose is the one who's going to die? In fact, in order for the plot hole to be filled, everyone on the new earth needs to die.

That's the planet where the cherubs grew up, isn't it? The dead one, with all the lovely statues of liberty. So the canon ending for that place is some apocalypse happening and everyone dying.

I think the cherubs' planet is Earth B, not the Earth C in the epilogues, and the lovely statues of liberty were made by adult Dave flush with Sweet Bro movie money.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I thought that apocalypse-earth is the one they rebuilt into this current post-game one they've been living on. The timeline on the planet is kind of weird though so I might be misunderstanding I guess.

I do think Rose (and Roxy, and everyone else) are going to get wiped out by whatever John does, not because of some time loop fulfilling stuff, but because he's going to use the retcon powers to alter the actual timeline again here. He's going to wipe out these versions of these characters by changing something in the past (to defeat lord english, i guess), and end up stranded as this older john from a timeline that doesn't exist anymore, in a better world with all the younger characters.

i dont know where he goes from there, though. important but irrelevant, redundant alongside your younger self, seeing these echoes of the people you knew that are now gone, leading different lives from the ones you knew them to have. thats gonna be a hell of a thing to deal with, if it goes that way (its going to go that way)

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Arsenic Lupin posted:

John punched Vriska in the face as part of the RetJohn.
https://www.homestuck.com/story/7368

no poo poo.

In the comic of callbacks, an unknown character needing to get punched in the face before loving things up may be a reference to an earlier serket punching??? And John bemoans having to do it again?

And Aranea is in the story tags???????

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
Yeah I'm pretty sure John's going to go prevent [S] Game Over.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

actually, why wasn't that the solution the first time

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

A good poster posted:

I think the cherubs' planet is Earth B, not the Earth C in the epilogues, and the lovely statues of liberty were made by adult Dave flush with Sweet Bro movie money.

Earth B is Earth C. The troll meteor arrived in the Alpha Kid session, Vriska rode it into a portal to Earth B, captchalogued the Earth using Dad's wallet, and brought it back into the session. Then, during the anime events of Act 7, the shrunken Earth B was fast-forwarded using Dave's time powers until all the water had receeded and plant life had returned. This was plunked down in the Universe C as Earth C.

So it seems that eventually Earth C will be reduced to dust and waste once again, but it'll take so long that the 'Thanks for playing' yellow sun gets turned into a red giant, so it doesn't have to happen anytime soon.

(We also saw that there were, at the very least, trolls on another planet near Earth C, so we might infer that the sequence of events is Humans/Trolls/Chess People/Denizens colonize the universe -> Earth C's sun goes red giant -> Earth C's people leave in spaceships for greener pastures -> The Cal egg is laid on Earth C -> Red Giant sun is consumed by a black hole)

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

AriadneThread posted:

actually, why wasn't that the solution the first time

Because Earth C needed to be made so that the Cherubs could be born on it :P

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Because Earth C needed to be made so that the Cherubs could be born on it :P

strong disagree

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Clawtopsy posted:

strong disagree

Okay, maybe "needed" isn't the right word, but never the less "that's the way the story is written" and we all must come to terms with that.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

someone please edit this video to superimpose homestuck character faces in:

https://youtu.be/gNTLC_uiGFA

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Clawtopsy posted:

someone please edit this video to superimpose homestuck character faces in:

https://youtu.be/gNTLC_uiGFA

Your name is Mike Stoklasa.
You like STAR TREK and scamming OLD MAN PLINKETT out of money.
You supposedly repair VCRs but are actually poo poo at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

MonsieurChoc posted:

Your name is Mike Stoklasa.
You like STAR TREK and scamming OLD MAN PLINKETT out of money.
You supposedly repair VCRs but are actually poo poo at it.

Also you are CHRONIC ALCOHOLIC and possible SOCIOPATH.