Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I rewatched a lot of the Mel episodes and yeah, she was a lot more outright manipulative and mean than I was remembering. Still like her more than Daphne for Niles though.

FilthyImp posted:

The only thing worse than Mel was Frasier ping-ponging between "Sexy brusque divorcee" and "Literally his ideal woman" during the last season or two.

Ugh, Claire was awesome. That plot shows that even though he went to Chicago to try to start things with.....who ever that character was, that he would find some way to sabotage it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

They really missed a casting opportunity for Kelsey Grammer opposite David Hyde Pierce's Abe Sapien, imho

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

Timby posted:

Mel being a supervillain did give us that awesome episode with Victor Garber as the butler, though.

"Your foam finger, sir."

Lol yeah that's a really good episode. "Oh your father also butleled" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3yUydMwA6A

The second result on google video search for "Fraiser Butler" is the full episode but that's probably not cool to link.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
A Frasier/Batman crossover would still be hilarious.

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

Bluedeanie posted:

They really missed a casting opportunity for Kelsey Grammer opposite David Hyde Pierce's Abe Sapien, imho

Abe Sapien! Do you mind? You're tracking Nergal all over the sanctified carpet!

Makes me wish they'd gotten Grammer for a role in the Screw-On Head pilot. David Hyde Pierce was amazing in that.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Possibly a plot involving a beef between the Joker and the Scarecrow, and the Joker gets some bad intel (probably from Harley) suggesting Jonathan Crane has relatives in Seattle. It all ends up with the Joker taking Niles, Daphne and Roz hostage and between the three of them they drive him crazy.

Meanwhile, Bruce Wayne is desperately trying to find excuses to slip away from a society function but Frasier just won't shut the hell up, and then ends up with the Joker calling in on the radio station and Frasier psychoanalysing him to stall for time.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Ghost Leviathan posted:

(probably from Harley)

That's Dr. Quinzel to you, pal. :colbert:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Ironslave posted:

Abe Sapien! Do you mind? You're tracking Nergal all over the sanctified carpet!

Makes me wish they'd gotten Grammer for a role in the Screw-On Head pilot. David Hyde Pierce was amazing in that.

His delivery of ”I’m going to smoke you.” is equally cheerful and chilling. Prof. Zombie is an amazing character.

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

Bust Rodd posted:

His delivery of ”I’m going to smoke you.” is equally cheerful and chilling. Prof. Zombie is an amazing character.

Imagine all of Paul Giamatti's lines being read in Kelsey Grammer's voice and it's basically a weird episode of Frasier.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Paul Giamatti would have been great in a Frasier movie.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Is Rebecca Howe the most pathetic loser in television history?

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Calaveron posted:

At the time, sure but we've plumbed new depths since then.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

That voice though.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Calaveron posted:

Not in a world in which Ross Geller and Ted Mosby exist.

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

Timby posted:

Not in a world in which Ross Geller and Ted Mosby exist.

ross was paid to talk about dinosaurs all day and got with jennifer anniston

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

lol but seriously posted:

ross was paid to talk about dinosaurs all day and got with jennifer anniston

Yeah, he's more of a sadsack

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Ted Mosby also ended up with whatsherface. All Rebecca could aspire to was Tom Catcher's Mitt Berengen

And he left her

Sagacity
May 2, 2003
Hopefully my epitaph will be funnier than my custom title.
I don't know if this was already mentioned but one of Frasier's writers has a blog where he shares a whole bunch of anecdotes, like this.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Sagacity posted:

I don't know if this was already mentioned but one of Frasier's writers has a blog where he shares a whole bunch of anecdotes, like this.

I guess it could've had a butterfly effect that ruined the show for some reason, but I'm really intrigued by the idea of Hispanic Daphne.

homeless guy
Feb 23, 2019

by FactsAreUseless

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Sagacity posted:

That was interesting, thank you.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

:cumpolice:

Sagacity
May 2, 2003

tactlessbastard posted:

That was interesting, thank you.
There's much more on there than just that article, also on Cheers and MASH.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

The Bulldog actor being gay is probably what made him an actor

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
:siren: KELSEY SPOTTED WITH FRASIER SCRIPT SPARKS RUMORS OF REBOOT (SOME SOURCES SAY AS EARLY AS NEXT YEAR):siren:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Bust Rodd posted:

:siren: KELSEY SPOTTED WITH FRASIER SCRIPT SPARKS RUMORS OF REBOOT (SOME SOURCES SAY AS EARLY AS NEXT YEAR):siren:

No

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Google it binch

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

the whole cast is there, and also bulldog

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Bust Rodd posted:

Google it binch

no i believe you it's just

no :(

Hairy Busey
Jan 5, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
I wish there were more movjes with zkelsue grammar as the beast

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
I wonder if his work ethic has degraded to the point where he just bellows his lines into the camera in front of a green screen and bails. Then later they shoot the rest of the cast on set and digitally insert him in.

Christoph
Mar 3, 2005

Laterite posted:

I wonder if his work ethic has degraded to the point where he just bellows his lines into the camera in front of a green screen and bails. Then later they shoot the rest of the cast on set and digitally insert him in.

Kung Pow: Enter the Frasier

Sagacity
May 2, 2003

Christoph posted:

Kung Pow: Enter the Frasier
This would make for an excellent video game. I AM WOUUUUUUUNDED!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Super Crane Bros

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Sagacity posted:

This would make for an excellent video game. I AM WOUUUUUUUNDED!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mslvnEatcxE

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Frasier reboot with David Duchovny as Martin. Before you say it, right now he's at least five years older than John Mahoney was in Frasier season 1.

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Frasier reboot with David Duchovny as Martin. Before you say it, right now he's at least five years older than John Mahoney was in Frasier season 1.

:aaaaa:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

With Gillian Anderson as Roz :pervert:

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Gillian Anderson as Daphne's mom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

She's even hotter now, although the tradeoff is she looks like she has cancer.

Worth it?