Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Gold Experience's power is just "does whatever"

it's part of why Giorno is kinda the weak link of part 5 so far(that and Bruno upstaging him constantly)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I just had a realization about DIO at the beginning of part 3:
He's been down too long in the midnight sea.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
The World has a scuba tank on its back, too.

There's a reason some people were saying they wanted Holy Diver as the ED for the second season of SC.

Also, I really want to see what DIO was like aftwr he got out of the coffin for the first time in 100 years, but in a way it's scarier not knowing.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Also, I really want to see what DIO was like aftwr he got out of the coffin for the first time in 100 years, but in a way it's scarier not knowing.

Just going to imagine it was like Aldrich in the dark souls 3 intro.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

David D. Davidson posted:

I just had a realization about DIO at the beginning of part 3:
He's been down too long in the midnight sea.

holy diver would have been an amazing ED for part 3, as would this for part 5

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

the part 3 ep where he gets in the back of that politicians car and tells him to drive is 50% DIO being a dick, 50% DIO not knowing how to drive a car

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Kuvo posted:

holy diver would have been an amazing ED for part 3, as would this for part 5

the part 3 ep where he gets in the back of that politicians car and tells him to drive is 50% DIO being a dick, 50% DIO not knowing how to drive a car

"vanillia ice, prepare to drive I, DIO to this "blockbuster video" so I may obtain a copy of this "video" titled "The Mask", a movie clearly about I, DIO"

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I definitely think that the guy literally called Double who hasn't aged a day since he burned his hometown down probably isn't the original. Seems to me that Doppio is the creation of a self-aware monster whose paranoia led him to turn his outward-facing shell into an entire new person in order to better disguise himself. The phone thing in particular seems like it's very much for internal consumption - they have to convince themselves that they're two separate people whenever that duality is under threat and Doppio gets Boss-like urges, even if it's an obvious, childish lie executed ridiculously. I don't think it's a coincidence that Doppio gets the Boss's sub-Stand, either - like it, he's a lesser, detached element of a greater whole.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.
His name is Doppio after a double shot of espresso. I don't know where you're getting this whole disguise nonsense from.

It's a wonder such a sweet boy made it through the mafia though.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

https://mobile.twitter.com/geekfurioso/status/1116958752148795393

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I mean, he straight up turns into the boss, voice and all, and uses King Crimson.

Also, given circumstances with Trish, there's no reason to assume he'd be okay with having another child.

I’ll say as someone who hasn’t read this part:
I thought it might be a split personality deal, or that boss is possessing doppio with his stand somehow (because frankly it wouldn’t be the first time that a stand had two powers for no reason).

Maybe that’s dumb in retrospect but I just didn’t think it was that cut and dry yet.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Doppio is a jellyfish

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

There's a reason some people were saying they wanted Holy Diver as the ED for the second season of SC.

Dio's first drink after getting out was a 7UP and he's been hooked on it since.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
My favorite Implied DIO thing is that he's been on the airplane at least once. Like. Just imagine.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Gold Experience is just Super Hamon.

I can absolutely see Giorno making a hang glider out of leaves.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Surely 'Egypt (The Chains Are On)' is a better fit for that whole section.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Every credits music choice David Pro has made have been better than people's guesses (even the good guesses)

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It doesn't have that immediate pop that Holy Diver does (after the intros stop) though

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Doppio's first name is Vinegar

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Poor guy was down there so long he forgot how to pronounce English words correctly.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

BaDandy posted:

My favorite Implied DIO thing is that he's been on the airplane at least once. Like. Just imagine.

The boat he hijacked alone must’ve absolutely blown his mind

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

TheKingofSprings posted:

The boat he hijacked alone must’ve absolutely blown his mind

One of three things happened, either

1) Murders everyone one the boat, discovers the bridge, tries everything but can't figure it out and has to swim to land and, no thanks

2) Murders everyone, discovers the bridge, and through sheer gumption figures out how to make the boat go

3) One poor bastard was left alive and have to drive him to land or else, who was then also promptly murdered afterwards

I'm going with three myself. And can you imagine him riding on something that can fly through the sky that also has what's basically maids on it?

suicide4sexbots
Jul 24, 2015

caught in a hyperloop,
spun out into static -
you were never there,
i was never here

so why does my car
still smell like ass
College Slice
waitresses: basically wenches

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
the boat that brought up the coffin was found abandoned at sea with their coffee still warm and the coffin open so the idea is that DIO just leapt into the sea once it was night i guess

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

He was down too long in the midnight sea.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Expect My Mom posted:

the boat that brought up the coffin was found abandoned at sea with their coffee still warm and the coffin open so the idea is that DIO just leapt into the sea once it was night i guess

Oh right, I forgot. :doh: Dude wasted no time, looks like.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

BaDandy posted:

One of three things happened, either

1) Murders everyone one the boat, discovers the bridge, tries everything but can't figure it out and has to swim to land and, no thanks

2) Murders everyone, discovers the bridge, and through sheer gumption figures out how to make the boat go

3) One poor bastard was left alive and have to drive him to land or else, who was then also promptly murdered afterwards

I'm going with three myself. And can you imagine him riding on something that can fly through the sky that also has what's basically maids on it?

Nukesaku was on the boat, obviously.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

BaDandy posted:

Didn't someone post a comic in the Jojo thread before of DIO's first time on a plane, with Vanilla Ice acting as his chaperone and explaining stuff?

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
Yes and it's great.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I imagine DIO watched a shitload of television while lounging around in Cairo

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

AnEdgelord posted:

I imagine DIO watched a shitload of television while lounging around in Cairo
Hanging out, learning Arabic, probably playing some games with the D'arbys...

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

DIO is 100% a MacGyver fan

As is Jotaro actually. I think Jotaro might be the bigger fan of the two if anything. I don't think he'd ever rock the mullet like DIO does but that's because Jotaro is a secret huge dork and wouldn't embrace it.

That's the end of my part 3 fan theory

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Apr 17, 2019

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Dio would have answered Jotaro's question about Weird Al Yankovich correctly

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Preview image for this week's episode

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I like how resigned the frog looks.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I like how resigned the frog looks.

He's heard stories of his ancestor getting punched by one of those weird humans and somehow leaving intact, he knows that they're bizarre but won't hurt him so he just wants to get this over with so he can keep doing his froggy business.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
That frog used to be a car until a few days ago and it's very confused

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
lil face so mad

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Extremely great Doppio

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

First a car, now a phone.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
That frog is so docile because it is actually the same one that Doppio made friends with when he was younger. He is happy to help his old buddy make a phone call.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Expect My Mom posted:

lil face so mad
It's because people won't stop asking him how does he work.