Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Best movie experience I had was at the Rifftrax Live for Doctor Who. I went to the theater in Disney World and it was pack and everyone had a blast watching it there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

josh04 posted:

Watching Suicide Squad again. It remains absolutely fascinating.

Why does Batman kiss Harley Quinn?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Cause she's hot

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

"Imma cuck the Joker!"

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."
I remember the Matrix being pretty great in cinema. Not so much for the crowd reactions but for the slow build in breaking reality and rolling the credits to RaTM. I cant think of a movie having a more viscerally inspiring effect on me.

The Aristocrats was pretty epic in the cinema because the whole thing is meant to be a massive troll on the audience, and having 50 people sitting there obviously thinking :wtf: at every mention of incest and scat humour by their family friendly comedians was hilarious at a meta level.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

^ Suicide Squad also repeatedly visually references the Matrix

He's a real piece of poo poo, that's why.

There's an excellent visual joke I'd missed in the office fight scene, where one of the bubble aliens stabs Boomerang in the heart, but a huge wad of money saves his life, bullet-in-bible style.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Uncle Wemus posted:

The Aqua Teen movie opening night was a once in a lifetime experience

I live around Boston, so everything about that movie was an experience.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
O Brother, Where Art Thou? was the best audience experience I've had. All three times!
Seeing The Conjuring with a loud coward in the audience was pretty good too.

josh04 posted:

Watching Suicide Squad again. It remains absolutely fascinating.

Honestly, I've probably watched it more than any other recent comic book movie, it's wild.

I just love that he chokes her afterward.

josh04 posted:

There's an excellent visual joke I'd missed in the office fight scene, where one of the bubble aliens stabs Boomerang in the heart, but a huge wad of money saves his life, bullet-in-bible style.

Yeah, it' pretty good, I think it was SMG was that pointed out what a bunch of nonsense the whole unicorn thing was, because his true fetish seems to be money. Like, the unicorn is an excuse to be there, because he's just a thief.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Best theater experience I ever had was Pacific Rim Uprising.

Saw it on a Sunday, Valentines I think, during the mid day, for free and literally the entire floor was empty. Everyone else there was watching Ready Player One downstairs.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Burkion posted:

Best theater experience I ever had was Pacific Rim Uprising.

Saw it on a Sunday, Valentines I think, during the mid day, for free and literally the entire floor was empty. Everyone else there was watching Ready Player One downstairs.

This is like one of those stories that keeps getting sadder.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

One kid in my screening for Uprising was just raising his arms in glee every time something happened. I'd catch it in the corner of my eye and smile. At least someone was digging it. Maybe this one is just for the kids. I dunno.

Movie ended, lights came on, and that kid was actually a full grown man.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
That does not shock me at all. There wasn't even enough going on to make a kid happy.

Being able to see Up Rising in a theater by myself had to of been one of the most surreal moments of my life. All around me was empty seats, and I could just talk as much as I wanted without anyone to complain. I don't think anyone was even up in the booth.

Only one moment in the movie really made me audibly say "gently caress you" though. The rest of the time the movie was just comically inept and if I had spent ANY money seeing it, that would ahve annoyed me but I didn't, so I wasn't

That one moment though

loving meme poo poo.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

the one thing i'll give uprising is that i could actually see what was happening in the fights

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

I'm the disgruntled audience member that hates anyone else making any sort of noise. Laughing is ok but not too much. That one youtube of the audience going apeshit over Jet Li kicking rear end in Lethal Weapon rules though.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Brother Entropy posted:

the one thing i'll give uprising is that i could actually see what was happening in the fights

Maybe get some glasses my dude.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

Is there a woman in his rogue gallery he hasn't kissed? He's a very lonely violent weirdo, it's surprising he's not better friends with the Penguin or whomever

What I wonder is if the flashbacks on him capturing Deadshot and Harley are post-Superman or not: on one hand he doesn't mess them up with brands or anything extremely vicious, on the other hand he uses Lawton's daughter as a shield and frenches Quinn when he thinks she's unconscious . . .

The Batfleck version would probably still be pretty borderline even after he considers himself redeemed, so it doesn't really matter. I wish they filmed his fight with Croc instead of just narrating it and having a SWAT team tag him. No justice for Croc :argh:

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Burkion posted:

That does not shock me at all. There wasn't even enough going on to make a kid happy.

Being able to see Up Rising in a theater by myself had to of been one of the most surreal moments of my life. All around me was empty seats, and I could just talk as much as I wanted without anyone to complain. I don't think anyone was even up in the booth.

Only one moment in the movie really made me audibly say "gently caress you" though. The rest of the time the movie was just comically inept and if I had spent ANY money seeing it, that would ahve annoyed me but I didn't, so I wasn't

That one moment though

loving meme poo poo.

What moment I didnt bother seeing it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Uncle Wemus posted:

What moment I didnt bother seeing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNXf9K9_Tsc

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Blood Boils posted:

What I wonder is if the flashbacks on him capturing Deadshot and Harley are post-Superman or not: on one hand he doesn't mess them up with brands or anything extremely vicious, on the other hand he uses Lawton's daughter as a shield and frenches Quinn when he thinks she's unconscious . . .

While the movie itself is set post-Beavis (as evidenced by Waller talking about Superman's death, and Wayne asking for the government's files on metahumans at the end). I don't think there's anything that firmly establishes a timeframe for the flashbacks.

Edit:
wat

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'd say the flashbacks probably happen after Beavis as well. Joker killing Robin is one of the things that set Batman off in this universe. He probably would have blown Joker to smithereens if it took place pre-Martha.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

:goofy::weasel::chloe:

Arkhams Razor
Jun 10, 2009
The only time I've had a theater to myself was during a matinee showing of Mother! I haven't been able to go back to it because no soundsystem I have access to will ever be able to replicate that experience.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

I saw boondock saints 2 with my old roommate and the only other person was clearly theater hopping and left after 30 minutes

He had the right idea

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So Boondock Saints is only really fondly remembered for William DaFoe right?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Prob that and the amazing Billy Connolly.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Burkion posted:

So Boondock Saints is only really fondly remembered for William DaFoe right?

I think it's only fondly remembered by boys who saw it when they were 13 and then never matured past that age. I say this as someone who was a 13 year old boy when I saw it and only after trying to rewatch it years later did I wonder what I was thinking.

Never bothered with the second movie though it might make for a fun drunk night watch.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Rewatching all the MCU movies before Endgame. Starting with Iron Man right now. Jon Favreau is so skinny lol.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

teagone posted:

Rewatching all the MCU movies before Endgame. Starting with Iron Man right now. Jon Favreau is so skinny lol.

I wonder how much he gained while working on Chef.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

We all put on the pounds as we age.

Here he is in the awesome Swingers.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

It's so odd how Iron Man undoubtedly feels like a Marvel movie (obviously) but it looks so much better.

[edit] I don't remember Incredible Hulk at all. This opening owns.

teagone fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Apr 16, 2019

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal

teagone posted:

I like Snyder's contributions to the DCEU, but lol at this:

https://twitter.com/DriggyDriggs/status/1116841170636877824

I watched it. It's bad. I didnt like the actual movie already though and whatever changes he made are barely noticeable.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

AccountSupervisor posted:

I watched it. It's bad. I didnt like the actual movie already though and whatever changes he made are barely noticeable.

Doesn't matter if it's bad really. Just the fact that it exists and calling it "de-marvelized" is hilarious. The guy who made it is an advocate for the Snyder cut, so it comes off as a bit hypocritical to create and publicly release his own vision of Aquaman because he didn't like Wan's version.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Vintersorg posted:

We all put on the pounds as we age.

Here he is in the awesome Swingers.

Eh, I wouldn't call Swingers "awesome" anymore--it's full of MRA bullshit and some bits are really pretty gross--but that scene is one of the most cringe-inducing things I've ever seen in a movie and it rings completely true for how awkward I was as a teenager.

15 years ago. :suicide:

teagone posted:

It's so odd how Iron Man undoubtedly feels like a Marvel movie (obviously) but it looks so much better.

[edit] I don't remember Incredible Hulk at all. This opening owns.

The Incredible Hulk is tremendously underrated. Norton is great as Banner, as are Tim Roth and William Hurt and Tim Blake Nelson. Liv Tyler is a bit of a weak spot, but ... that's not surprising. Shame about Norton being so much of a jackwagon that Marvel didn't want to work with him anymore. The college fight scene is still the best action sequence in a Marvel Studios movie.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Timby posted:

The Incredible Hulk is tremendously underrated. Norton is great as Banner, as are Tim Roth and William Hurt and Tim Blake Nelson. Liv Tyler is a bit of a weak spot, but ... that's not surprising. Shame about Norton being so much of a jackwagon that Marvel didn't want to work with him anymore. The college fight scene is still the best action sequence in a Marvel Studios movie.

I'm actually just at the college campus fight, and yes, it is good. I'm remembering now how it was discussed that Blonky's post-serum acrobatics would be how Cap would move in his movie.

This movie isn't as bad as I remember lol. I'm legit enjoying it. This Hulk CG is pretty meh though; not a fan of the design. But I do really like Norton's Banner, way more than Ruffalo's.

[edit] The tone of this movie feels a bit more weighty than usual MCU fare too. There aren't a lot of quips or jokes.

teagone fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Apr 16, 2019

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

teagone posted:

I'm remembering now how it was discussed that Blonky's post-serum acrobatics would be how Cap would move in his movie.

I believe that's one of the reasons Incredible Hulk was made so far ahead of Captain America, because Marvel wanted to have a test run for how to depict the Super Soldier serum on-screen.

There's also a deleted scene in which Cap's shield is seen in the Antarctic (and Banner attempts to kill himself, but the Hulk emerges and literally bites the bullet before it can enter Banner's head).

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Timby posted:

I believe that's one of the reasons Incredible Hulk was made so far ahead of Captain America, because Marvel wanted to have a test run for how to depict the Super Soldier serum on-screen.

There's also a deleted scene in which Cap's shield is seen in the Antarctic (and Banner attempts to kill himself, but the Hulk emerges and literally bites the bullet before it can enter Banner's head).

Wow they were cribbing from Jojo's way back then

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Vintersorg posted:

Prob that and the amazing Billy Connolly.

I remember watching Boondock Saints at around the same time I saw Kung Fu Hustle and I still sometimes conflate the scenes where they free their respective super-assassins. I think they are even called "Beast" in both movies.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

The big fight at the end of The Incredible Hulk was as bad as I remember it being. Overall though, yeah, not as crappy as I thought. Good movie, about on par with Captain Marvel for me actually, so I take back saying Captain Marvel was better than this. It's worth at least one re-watch for anyone on the fence about it. Norton was a great Banner. Shame.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Chairman Capone posted:

Never bothered with the second movie though it might make for a fun drunk night watch.

this scene alone and the accompanying comment seection is pretty much all you need to know

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtfWNIJz-Vo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Birds of Prey is done filming.