Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Tried upgrading 6 crafted torso rares to see if I could get an Aquila cuirass and

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
Are primals always perfect rolls?

e: from googling, seems not; is that just blind luck?

Zarin posted:

Edit: I've been dicking around with a Tal's Channel Meteor build that's very similar to my LoN farming build from the current season, but it still needs work to be comfortable in GR75, and I'm not sure if what I need to do to bring the toughness up where I want will ruin either the damage or the speed . . . more testing required)

I'm also interested in this; my wizard has felt waaaaay squishier than my necro so far, and I'm not sure what exactly I need to do to fix that.

Magus42 fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Apr 12, 2019

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
e: oops, double post

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Primals get perfect stats but some blue affixes are better than others

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

PathAsc posted:

My super lazy Bro

Seriously, I only use cooldowns for bosses, it's stupid fun and lazy

Here's my attempt at converting the Inarius build I had to work with Death's Bargain like you have there. https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/MariusLecter-1125/hero/109907592

Think there's a good reason all the guides I've seen dont mention it at all tho : /

The game is telling me to go Pestilence anyways haha

mewse
May 2, 2006

Magus42 posted:

They're ancients with max rolls. It's possible to get a primal with wrong stats on it but maxed out wrong stats

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
Ahh, I getcha. Thanks.

Question; having never pushed deeper into GRs until this season, (and deep for me is I just got the EB build through 60 and counting) is it normal to try for as high as you can go deathless, or just as high as you can go without failing the time?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Magus42 posted:

Ahh, I getcha. Thanks.

Question; having never pushed deeper into GRs until this season, (and deep for me is I just got the EB build through 60 and counting) is it normal to try for as high as you can go deathless, or just as high as you can go without failing the time?

Depends if you're playing Hard Core or not.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

MariusLecter posted:

Depends if you're playing Hard Core or not.

Heh, fair point; definitely not hardcore for me :)

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Magus42 posted:

Heh, fair point; definitely not hardcore for me :)

Then you just have to beat the timer really, there's been sometimes I've had to get back to town and repair my gear.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
You're ultimate goal is essentially "What is the highest GR I can comfortably farm in 2-4 minutes?" and then using the resources you farm from that to push the highest possible rift.

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Magus42 posted:

e: from googling, seems not; is that just blind luck?

I'm also interested in this; my wizard has felt waaaaay squishier than my necro so far, and I'm not sure what exactly I need to do to fix that.

I'd have to see the build ofc, but without any of that, the comedy answer is "Are you using Halo of Arlyse or Halo of Karini correctly?" :v:

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
Woohoo! GR70! Primal Fierce Gauntlets; not ideal, since I've yet to try DMO, but they're better than my previous gloves, so still good :D

I skewed a bit too far to survivability in the last few rifts though, beating up the RG was slow work.

I'm honestly surprised this EB build is working this well.

https://www.d3planner.com/250202827 is the build so far. (with a little more back towards damage)

I'm not sold on Slow Time as the last slot; just fiddling with things trying to find something useful.

Zarin posted:

I'd have to see the build ofc, but without any of that, the comedy answer is "Are you using Halo of Arlyse or Halo of Karini correctly?" :v:

I've yet to find a Karini :(

I don't have time at the moment to enter the Tal Rasha build in d3planner (on Switch so no importing), but I'll see if I can do that tomorrow.

Magus42 fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Apr 12, 2019

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Magus42 posted:

Woohoo! GR70! Primal Fierce Gauntlets; not ideal, since I've yet to try DMO, but they're better than my previous gloves, so still good :D

I skewed a bit too far to survivability in the last few rifts though, beating up the RG was slow work.

I'm honestly surprised this EB build is working this well.

https://www.d3planner.com/250202827 is the build so far. (with a little more back towards damage)

I'm not sold on Slow Time as the last slot; just fiddling with things trying to find something useful.

I've yet to find a Karini :(

I don't have time at the moment to enter the Tal Rasha build in d3planner (on Switch so no importing), but I'll see if I can do that tomorrow.

Ahh, yeah, Karini is stupid good. It's like a permanent 80% DR.

I've since moved away from it and to the Arlyse/Ancient Parthan Defenders combo, because it serves as both an offensive and defensive setup, but Karini was my jam for a little while there.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
Anyone happen to know what the top end for GR level is for a whirlwind barb? I've got decent gear and gems up to 100, but I can only really solo 95. Only have 1 item augmented so far.

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

ZombieCrew posted:

Anyone happen to know what the top end for GR level is for a whirlwind barb? I've got decent gear and gems up to 100, but I can only really solo 95. Only have 1 item augmented so far.

That's . . . higher than I thought it would be, actually. (I don't know the actual answer, I'm afraid)

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
That's way higher than I've been able to pull off.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Do we have a concrete date for S17 yet? Tried google/the diablo twitter and didn't turn up anything beyond "eh, Mayish", but I'm craving some D3 and a new season is a good excuse.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

MariusLecter posted:

That's way higher than I've been able to pull off.

Same. Goddamn.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

MariusLecter posted:

Here's my attempt at converting the Inarius build I had to work with Death's Bargain like you have there. https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/MariusLecter-1125/hero/109907592

Think there's a good reason all the guides I've seen dont mention it at all tho : /

The game is telling me to go Pestilence anyways haha

Yeah, mine isn't ~optimal~ for meta or whatever, it's just dumb fun and lazy. Death's bargain is neat, but without the right stuff it's a gimp. Eh, I got lucky and only tried to gear for this setup.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Do we have a concrete date for S17 yet? Tried google/the diablo twitter and didn't turn up anything beyond "eh, Mayish", but I'm craving some D3 and a new season is a good excuse.

Estimated end of S16 is 5/12, so figure a week in between puts you around 5/24.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
~*Just Power Leveling Things*~

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Was that hardcore? Be a lot funnier if it was.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Zarin posted:

Ahh, yeah, Karini is stupid good. It's like a permanent 80% DR.

So I finally got a Karini - is there supposed to be a buff icon for when it activates? I've not seen anything yet...

(now if I could just find a 2nd to cube it)

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

This is fun as hell.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Magus42 posted:

So I finally got a Karini - is there supposed to be a buff icon for when it activates? I've not seen anything yet...

(now if I could just find a 2nd to cube it)

There should be a Storm Armor icon on your buff bar that decays pretty rapidly; I'm pretty sure that's it.

Remember that there needs to be an enemy at least 15 yards away for the armor to trigger the buff. Typically this is pretty easy to accomplish without thinking about it; the armor has a very long range and in some cases hits things near the edge of my screen.

The only thing it might be somewhat less good for is if your'e running a melee build and fighting a single boss.

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

panascope posted:

This is fun as hell.

Hmm, that secondary coupled with Goldwrap . . . . hmmmmmm.

It says your picture is an attachment; how did you do that? I've had pics I want to post in the thread but loading stuff to imgur is annoying for a one-off picture of an item.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
You need plat

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

. . . and Lowtax needs a spine. Fine, fine. I've needed an excuse to get it anyway!

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Zarin posted:

Hmm, that secondary coupled with Goldwrap . . . . hmmmmmm.

It says your picture is an attachment; how did you do that? I've had pics I want to post in the thread but loading stuff to imgur is annoying for a one-off picture of an item.

Kymbo's Gold
Gold Wrap
Gold Skin
Gladiator Gauntlets

I'm sure there's more, I should have taken a screen shot one gold fiend set a guy had for 20 consecutive vault runs he asked people to come carry for him. :v:

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

MariusLecter posted:

Kymbo's Gold
Gold Wrap
Gold Skin
Gladiator Gauntlets

I'm sure there's more, I should have taken a screen shot one gold fiend set a guy had for 20 consecutive vault runs he asked people to come carry for him. :v:

Avarice Band if you can fit it. Be fun...

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
Hm, I'm liking the challenge rift system; I'd never really looked at it on PC, but I've been doing it the last few weeks on Switch and it's shown me some interesting things.

This week's especially, I thought I hated DMO Frozen Orb, but I liked the variant that the CR had w/Spectral Blade, so I tried something similar and it works a heck of a lot better than the previous build I'd been trying for it.

I still like Tal Rasha and my Torgue build better, but still :)

rarbatrol
Apr 17, 2011

Hurt//maim//kill.

MariusLecter posted:

Kymbo's Gold
Gold Wrap
Gold Skin
Gladiator Gauntlets

squirrelzipper posted:

Avarice Band if you can fit it. Be fun...

And boon of the hoarder, of course.

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008
Is there a start date for season 17?

Gonna finally do that LoN crusader I always thought about. Maybe with blessed shield if it's buffed enough.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

DeadlyHalibut posted:

Is there a start date for season 17?

Gonna finally do that LoN crusader I always thought about. Maybe with blessed shield if it's buffed enough.

Not yet. We know S16 ends May 12th, so S17 will probably start on May 17 or 24.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 46 hours!

Magus42 posted:

Hm, I'm liking the challenge rift system; I'd never really looked at it on PC, but I've been doing it the last few weeks on Switch and it's shown me some interesting things.

It's fun but I have no idea how to clear anything with that turret DH from a few weeks back or any DH ever really

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Click things until they die. Each build just changes what you are clicking and how often.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Hail Satan!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Magus42 posted:

This week's especially, I thought I hated DMO Frozen Orb, but I liked the variant that the CR had w/Spectral Blade, so I tried something similar and it works a heck of a lot better than the previous build I'd been trying for it.

I still like Tal Rasha and my Torgue build better, but still :)

As someone that just got this game because of the Switch, I love it too. Let's me see high level builds so I can wrap my mind around it faster. But more importantly I learned that I did not want to do Barbarian because just spinning indefinitely was not a fun build.