Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

NPR Journalizard posted:

Nah, you are all correct, there is no way

that someone wearing wacky clothes

could ever be elected to government.

Might as well just give up now, he is clearly phoning it in

Not one person in the course of human history has put any thought or could even recognise any of the candidates for their local council

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

In all those photos we cannot see but Sri is wearing an impeccably tailored pair of slacks

also that's actually a really nice scarf

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

NPR Journalizard posted:

Local council is an entirely different game and you know it.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I love that dumb scarf so much and am offended at its comparison to a tye-dyed shirt

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth

NPR Journalizard posted:

Lol that's nowhere near as "wacky" as the dude in Sydney.

There's a difference between dressing casual and dressing like a political cartoonists impression of a "typical greens voter" come to life.

AgentF
May 11, 2009

Amethyst posted:

drat this is nasty

loving David Cameron. First Brexit and now this!

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

hambeet posted:

i know someone who used to make an effort

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

This is interesting. Left protest voters are slightly better at filling out their preferences than right protest voters.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/David_Speers/status/1117947584285253632?s=19

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Hey David, there's a reason they thought Sky would comply :ssh:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
The sooks are out in force at the hun

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Business does what it wants, Boomers angry.

Subscribe to herald sun for more important analysis on poo poo you didn't know about, but are now angry at.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
lmao at the "i'll see you on tuesday" guy, no better way to express your disappointment than [checks notes] spending money anyway

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

https://twitter.com/Michtull/status/1117965797656158208

Good financial management. I'm sure they'll easily manage to cut spending by $40b, judging by how well the 2013 budget went.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

ewe2 posted:

So this fun stuff is happening already:

https://twitter.com/matttburke/status/1117676363647864833

I'm really going to enjoy seeing these arseholes taken down.

How would anyone conclude that the right has a problem with women after they watch this video of this out-of-touch mascot flat out stating that the Labor candidate got the nod specifically because she is female.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Someone please donate to Advance Australia so they can afford a microphone that costs more than $5

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Amethyst posted:

Someone please donate to Advance Australia so they can afford a microphone that costs more than $5

They're probably blowing the donations on expensive lunches to celebrate the fart huffed inspired sensation that is captain getup

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Is Advance Australia not just a grift mill?

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Most of the media has been incredibly vague on what the tax policies of each party actually are. This article is very clear:

https://theconversation.com/your-income-tax-questions-answered-in-three-easy-charts-labor-and-coalition-proposals-side-by-side-115450

coalition:

quote:

The Coalition plan comes in three stages.

The major part of Stage 1 is the Low and Middle Income Tax Offset (the LMITO, or “lamington” as some are calling it), which gives everyone earning less than A$126,000 a cheque in the mail come July and then another one in each of the following three years.

Stage 2 (2022-23) will lift the thresholds of the 19% and the 32.5% brackets.

The biggest cuts come in stage 3 (2024-25) when the 32.5% tax rate is cut to 30% and the 37% bracket is removed entirely.

The effect would be that everyone earning between $45,000 and $200,000 would face the same 30% marginal tax rate from July 1, 2024.

Labor:

quote:

The Labor plan gives a slightly higher offset (up to $95 a year more) for people earning less than $48,000 and then matches the lamington for people earning $48,000 or more.

Under Labor the lamington will be permanent, but Labor will not proceed with stages 2 and 3 of the Coalition’s tax plan.

From July 1, 2019, Labor will also increase the top marginal tax rate paid on incomes above $180,000 from 45% to 47% for an unspecified time, making it essentially a return of the Abbott government’s “temporary deficit reduction levy”.

The Coalition’s plan will cost the budget about A$298 billion over the next decade. Labor’s plan is at the moment much cheaper at about A$63 billion over the same period.

The coalitions plan is way more drastic. cutting those top brackets seems downright irresponsible, to me.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
150 new replies what happened?

Oh...

God the number of people tying themselves in knots to justify Tarquin Fin-tim-lin-bin-whin-bim-lim-bus-stop-F'tang-F'tang-Olé-Biscuitbarrel is loving weird.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Lid posted:

Some people* dogpiled onto the queer style and culture of a green then NPR Journalizard made some racist comments re Sri's culturally inspired garb being "dumb"

* led by campaign style guru and local kommissar amethyst

JBP fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Apr 16, 2019

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

JBP posted:

The sooks are out in force at the hun

I've had a good time over the last few days watching CHUDs get banned from a Perth burger-themed facebook group due to repeated failures to follow an admin direction to not freak out every time someone posts a meat-free burger product on the page. Like, they're banning up to 10 people a day, openly and publicly, making repeated posts calling for people to cut it out, and there is still and endless procession of fragile 40-something's posting poo poo like "I reckon vegans shuld be shot on site" and getting banned for it.

Great fun.

Lid posted:

Oh...

God the number of people tying themselves in knots to justify Tarquin Fin-tim-lin-bin-whin-bim-lim-bus-stop-F'tang-F'tang-Olé-Biscuitbarrel is loving weird.

In fairness, 100 of those posts were Amethyst.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

They really do look quite similar.

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah
whats the goss on macnamara?

swing to labour w/ prefs because the zionist is gone?

slow swing to lnp continuing because of demographic change?

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

swimsuit posted:

whats the goss on macnamara?

swing to labour w/ prefs because the zionist is gone?

slow swing to lnp continuing because of demographic change?

I heard the LNP were expecting a wipeout and it was gonna be Labor vs Greens.

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Didn’t see the frogs offering aid when the bistro at the big pineapple burned down in 78, gently caress em

good post deserving recognition

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Can’t wait to start hearing about how all these tax changes affect battlers when Newstarts been frozen for at least fifteen loving years

do it on my face
Feb 6, 2005
°

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Can’t wait to start hearing about how all these tax changes affect battlers when Newstarts been frozen for at least fifteen loving years

Ya Boy Scomo here to tell you how you can pull yourself up by your Scootstraps.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I’m trying but I just keep pulling the soles off of my twenty dollar Kmart boots wtf Scotty (go sharks)

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
It's quite expensive to relocate paedophiles all the time ok. Please give generously in these trying times, we simply don't have the cash.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

hiddenmovement posted:

Is Advance Australia not just a grift mill?

I feel like this is the case but then they're almost definitely going to get sued by someone and possibly massively fined by the AEC by the time this is all over, so I have a feeling that nobody's going to be keeping the money.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

JBP posted:

Some people* dogpiled onto the queer style and culture of a green then NPR Journalizard made some racist comments re Sri's culturally inspired garb being "dumb"

* led by campaign style guru and local kommissar amethyst

water wet
sky blue
JBP has a bad take

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

NPR Journalizard posted:

This man is well dressed, his clothes fit him and look good. If I liked his policies I'd be comfortable voting for him.

This man is not well dressed, his clothes do not fit him, they do not look good. Putting aside any gender bias, even if those earrings were on a woman, they look terrible. Even if he was spruiking the best policies, I'm not super comfortable voting for him because he looks like a nutjob.

I think that's what it comes down to, it's not a question of wearing a suit. It's a question of looking respectable and trustworthy. Tie dye shirts scream 'flake'.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

He's also the guy that posts about doing the slut dance, being a fuckboi and yas queen etc like the youthful people do but he looks older than me.

He looks like Shirley what's his name from sky hooks

Mattjpwns
Dec 14, 2006

In joyful strains then let us sing
ADVANCE AUSTRALIA FUCKED
I love getting election propaganda

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
:auspol:

back on the agenda, thanks tony

thony

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

drunkill posted:

:auspol:

back on the agenda, thanks tony

thony

Eh? Tony angling for the job again?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

What if white people are upset over both

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
In a blog post published late yesterday, Mr Leyonhjelm was particularly critical of the Liberal Democrats, which he led for more than a decade.
The post came hours after he failed to secure enough votes to win a seat in the state's Upper House, despite claiming victory two weeks earlier.
"While this is not a personal tragedy for me [I was always a fairly reluctant politician], it is concerning for the Liberal Democratic Party," he wrote.
"I wish I could say the party is in good hands, but I fear that is not the case.

"The National Executive does not inspire confidence."