Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

The Avengers: Engadine

The Players

Scott Morrison “Loco”

Leader of the Opposition-in-Government known as the Liberal Party. Known for sticking knives in people. Cannot be trusted with anything, particularly an election. Definitely poo poo his pants at Engadine Maccas after the sharks lost the 97 grand final.

Peter Duttan

Minister for Home Affairs, former Qld cop, and well known jackbooted thug. Definitely on the take, and if he survives the election, he’s almost certainly going to get Section 44’d, before his very own Royal Commission. He just can’t stop doing crimes.

Bill ShortAnt

Leader of the ALP, aka actual opposition. Checker of Notes. The smallest target. Will almost certainly be the next Prime Minister.

The Greens

Led by Dr Strange Richard Di Natali, The Greens may be the only answer to the impending climate catastrophe. Will they win enough seats to matter?

Pauline Hanson

Leader of Pauline Hanson’s One Nation and a massive racist. Will probably get a senator in most states, who will almost immediately defect to another party or become independent.

Fraser Anning AKA “Eggskull”

A literal nazi, also a QLD PHON senator, who got 19 primary votes in 2016 and will likely be sent packing after the senate votes have been counted.

Rupert Murdoch

The Emperor of Earth. Has collected almost all of the local papers to create a media monopoly with national reach, which he will use to shamelessly undermine democracy in this, country and in several others. Will hopefully die soon, causing a civil war between his large adult sons.

HOW TO VOTE

By Chicken Parmigana

http://chickennation.com/voting

Chicken Parmigiana posted:

Hey Auspol, I'm doing a fresh round of sharing now that it's May. Pardon the copy-pasted text; I'll make it a quote at least:

Grab the hi-res JPEGs from the website and share/post them wherever you like. If you need to hotlink, here's an imgur gallery: https://imgur.com/gallery/5SaXrob

Please, please, please, if you follow any minor party or independent candidates on twitter or facebook, or if you're a campaign volunteer, please let them know about this resource. I know I said that already but it's important — they'll know how to make use of it effectively. We're halfway through the campaign already and lots of people are voting early, so the sooner the better.

Thanks!

hambeet fucked around with this message at 23:16 on May 2, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

poo poo op voted 1

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

loving hell this is woeful

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

You Am I posted:

loving hell this is woeful

like the state of the economy

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I mean, really really woeful

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Voted 1, just like Labor.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Boo

It's a loving election thread you heretic

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Like I hate creating threads, but at least I put effort into them, like my award winning November one

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

You Am I posted:

I mean, really really woeful

like the libs reelection chances.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Derailing this fucker to the gas chamber :getin:

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
Good op. Nice and clean

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

G-Spot Run posted:

Boo

It's a loving election thread you heretic

no one else tried, so if I set the bar really really low more people might be inspired next time.

I'm doing it for your own good.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I'm at work so until someone can make a better one, this is the thread.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

strengths based approach. I'm building others up.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
At the bare loving minimum could you rename him to slogan Bogan

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anidav posted:

this is the thread.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Wow, really missing the giant list of political parties we all know with captioned photos of politicians eating sausages. Shameful we miss out this month, here’s hoping next time we can get an op with the word “strata” in it so we can all post “lol”

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Great OP, hambeet

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

y'all had you chance, so look on my work, ye battlers, and despair.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

YAY, I will most likely be in the country on May 18, (overseas jib hunting notwithstanding), so I get to vote this time!

Also it looks like I am in a marginal electorate, (Dunkley), so my vote might actually count.

Hurrah for democracy!

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Captain Auspol Thread

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Anidav posted:

I'm at work so until someone can make a better one, this is the thread.

Christ, alright

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
https://twitter.com/DanielAndrewsMP/status/1116106594595397632?s=19

FUCKEM UP DAN
VIC STRANG

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Git 'er Dan

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

You Am I posted:

Christ, alright

Oh good. I love shuffling my bookmarks around like a bureaucrat so I can keep up with Jonah Galtberg jokes about ndis recipients being dumb. In fact I think the election requires a new OP every week

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

Election 2019: Come What May

Tardscream
Nov 3, 2007

Funny as hell, it was the most horrible thing I could think of.
auspol election 18 may wololo

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

You Am I posted:

Christ, alright

No. In line with Australian economic policy the ladder has now been pulled up. First in.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Time for LNP tears.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I have a creeping feeling that the liberals will win, but I also had that same feeling in 2007. Hopefully I'm equally wrong this time

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

on election night i plan to eat a whole stuffed crust pizza, and drink fancy red wine straight from the bottle.

what's your flavour?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I asked Latika Bourke if she was reporting on behalf of the Liberals or a news agency because she was cheerleading and there was no reference to the commissioner of her comment, so she blocked me

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

labor has this in the bag. im toxxing on it.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hambeet posted:

labor has this in the bag. im toxxing on it.

wow look out big spender

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Probably. The question is, how long will Bill be PM? 12 years? 20?

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Amethyst posted:

I have a creeping feeling that the liberals will win, but I also had that same feeling in 2007. Hopefully I'm equally wrong this time

Barring some unforeseen scandal there is pretty much zero chance of that. The libs need to retain every single seat and also gain at least one, remember that they are a minority govt right now that was losing votes on in the house.

I do however think that we will get a obstructive senate.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

norp posted:

Barring some unforeseen scandal there is pretty much zero chance of that. The libs need to retain every single seat and also gain at least one, remember that they are a minority govt right now that was losing votes on in the house.

I do however think that we will get a obstructive senate.

Oh yeah. I always forget their razor thin majority. Hail lord Shorten.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Amethyst posted:

if libs get their poo poo together and get another good attack dog, 2 terms, maybe scrape in for a third.

If they continue to implode and the alp don't get tripped up by front page beat ups or whatever, 3-4 terms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Amethyst posted:

There will be a global catastrophe piled onto the current dogshit and Labor will be held accountable, so 8.