Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Moist von Lipwig posted:

Hmmm... wonder where Varg Vikernes has been living lately...

Correze, about 5 hours from Paris!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Baronjutter posted:

What the hell, train heights and bridge clearances are extremely well known that should never happen. Like I'd get it if it was a train car filled with some special over-height cargo they forgot to check with, but containers??
Is a double stack of multimodal normal height? Both the examples have them stacked.

Someone seeing "oh multimodal" and sending them down the normal route even if stacked is a few inches more than normal would be my guess but I'm not the train expert and will be interested to hear from the train experts.

xergm
Sep 8, 2009

The Moon is for Sissies!

Reminds me of the Soviet flame tower from Red Alert.

BlackTie
Oct 23, 2008

Somewhat related: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBMU6l6GsdM

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Turns out the world's first repulsorcraft will actually be loud as gently caress.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
All this after they just installed their new old stock Locke-Stabbez breakers. Who'da guessed it.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I think I saw this in a Crash Bandicoot level

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Ika posted:

Only thing I can think of is somebody loaded one of those containers that is a foot higher than normal without checking the clearances.

This is what I was speculating; the standard containers are 8'6" and the hi-cube are 9'6". Are there maybe low-clearance train routes where you're supposed to run only standard height stacks and maybe this one is 1 or 2 hi-cubes?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

glynnenstein posted:

This is what I was speculating; the standard containers are 8'6" and the hi-cube are 9'6". Are there maybe low-clearance train routes where you're supposed to run only standard height stacks and maybe this one is 1 or 2 hi-cubes?

That’s exactly how it works.

Routes are known to have clearance for only standard height, one hi‐cube, or two hi‐cubes stacked atop each other.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Platystemon posted:

That’s exactly how it works.

Routes are known to have clearance for only standard height, one hi‐cube, or two hi‐cubes stacked atop each other.

This makes far more sense but I’m going to go ahead and keep believing that this is the actual reason they tell you to never put pennies on railroad tracks

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Cojawfee posted:

Probably built the bridge a little bit too low.

Or was the rail line a little bit too high?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

This makes far more sense but I’m going to go ahead and keep believing that this is the actual reason they tell you to never put pennies on railroad tracks

Some rear end in a top hat put a quarter on the rail.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Saukkis posted:

That's only in UK. I don't think that's done anywhere else in Europe.

Lived in an old house in Cannes that had individual fuses at each switch & receptacle. It was my job (at age 12) to mend fuses. Had a card with windings of increasing diameters of fuse wire on them. Unsrewed the cap, examined the fuse wire, and replaced with the same diameter.

The fuses looked similar to those in an air-cooled VW, except ceramic, slightly larger in diameter, and brass screws at both ends.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Cross postin'

Moist von Lipwig posted:

Two tons of fuming red nitric acid :unsmigghh:

Hexyflexy posted:

That's the universal colour of dissolving lungs.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
That poor tree.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
Trees don't have lungs :smugbert:

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

That water heater sure knows how to gently caress

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug

The Daleks got a weapons upgrade!

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

Fancy_Breakfast posted:

Trainfuckling with the trucks this time. The tables have turned.

:gary:

Last time I saw this pic, the story went like this; The track is actually a spur line dead-ending into a quarry, and the track in the foreground is a bit lower than the track behind it. The track behind was recently worked, but the new rail elevation wasn't a concern since quarries don't get any excess-height cars. You see a sign telling anybody riding on the top of the car to get the hell off, but generally that's not a problem.

The double-stack car had a mechanical issue in transit on the mainline nearby, and it was set off from the train at the nearest spur without checking the clearance limits of the spur. The car was brought in on the track in the foreground, then switched over to the second track and pulled out once it was fixed and ready to go. Whoops.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Picking a flame and following it is pleasantly soothing.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

PainterofCrap posted:

Lived in an old house in Cannes that had individual fuses at each switch & receptacle. It was my job (at age 12) to mend fuses. Had a card with windings of increasing diameters of fuse wire on them. Unsrewed the cap, examined the fuse wire, and replaced with the same diameter.

The fuses looked similar to those in an air-cooled VW, except ceramic, slightly larger in diameter, and brass screws at both ends.
Was there a fuse of this size?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfVc_5M_2_c

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

KITTY

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Memento posted:

Cross postin'

Tree be like WHAT THE gently caress

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrnCDKB1hE0
https://i.imgur.com/8lypAwF.mp4

warm your butt in three easy steps!

xergm posted:

Reminds me of the Soviet flame tower from Red Alert.

Hell (march) yes!

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

this man is a legend

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Tashilicious posted:

this man is a legend
Something makes me doubt his sincerity

Splicer fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Apr 16, 2019

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

something off camera put that fire on his rear end

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yes, his youtube channel is mostly clever faking and jokes. The man is an actual electrical engineer.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

VectorSigma posted:

something off camera put that fire on his rear end
Are you implying that the combustion of his trousers is indicative of dishonesty?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Splicer posted:

Are you implying that the combustion of his trousers is indicative of dishonesty?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Splicer posted:

this is good and you should be proud of it

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

https://i.imgur.com/oZboG50.mp4

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

"Allegory of my approach to life"

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

That's one way to get out of doing work

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Memento posted:

Cross postin'

Gender reveals are getting really strange.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

jobson groeth posted:

Gender reveals are getting really strange.
I identify as a large cloud of corrosive gas. My pronouns are "Aaaaargh!" and *gurgling sound*

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

At least there's not going to be any bagworms in that tree now

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Rent-A-Cop posted:

I identify as a large cloud of corrosive gas. My pronouns are "Aaaaargh!" and *gurgling sound*
Hell, same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Rent-A-Cop posted: