Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Okay, all four of you.

Elric, you are in a cage with your brother and two lovely girls who lick you clean every night. You are living the dream. Why do you bark at 3 am out of loneliness. Just go back in the pouch with them. Also, your yipping is pathetic. You are a sugar glider and you sound like a chihuahua. Have some dignity. Also, why did you get so bitey tonight?

Dobby, you are an idiot. Whenever I dispense treats you should know by now you are all going to get one but if I give it to anyone else first you pounce and start wrestling for it and usually break it in half so both of you only get half a treat. You get less every time you do it you mentally subnormal marsupial. Also, stop jumping around the cage and scaring all the others. You don’t have to put all your weight in for a dramatic landing.

Arwen, you need to stop escaping. You always get stuck and have to bark until I come rescue you. Did you think about how you were going to get down when you jumped up to get on the bathroom towels. How were you planning to get back up the stairs to the place with all the food. Think it through. Also, stop biting my toes. No matter how hard you bite no sap has ever come out of them. Why would you think it is going to start now you little dimwit.

Eilonwy, I always sound the same when I come see you. I speak so you know it is me. So when you are in your pouch and you hear me coming why do you always sound the alarm and start crabbing? Then you climb out to look and it is always me and you always stop until I speak again and you start crabbing all over again. Connect the voice and the face you little git. Also, stop following your sister around everywhere. She always gets you into trouble and is a bad example. Also, the carpet is not food and eating it never works. Stop trying stupid.

Awwww, they just came over and two of themlicked me and started grooming my arm.......all is forgiven. :3:

Xenocides fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Apr 16, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Which one is the one in your av? :3:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Helldump your nightflaps all you want but please do the needful and post pictures of their faces.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Before I forget yet again, it seems I've never posted a picture of Porthos, for all my complaining about her.

Behold, the little turd. She is every bit as soft as she looks.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Which one is the one in your av? :3:

That is Elric as a toddler. That is a shot of him when he stuck his head out for the first time in his new home. He came out and drank some water and ate some blueberries and then dove back into the pouch until it got dark.

I will get some more pictures for the thread soon.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

Here is Elric this afternoon. He is grumpy because I made him stick his head out of the nest to get his treat. Afterwards though I stuck my hand in and he licked my fingers clean. He tried to bite once but a quick hiss put him back to licking and cleaning. He is the one who most likes to ride around my shoulder and will almost always jump on my arm hoping to get a ride :3:

Here is Arwen my little huntress and explorer, the defender of the colony. She is probably stalking the phone I am holding up:

Here is Arwen (left) and Eilonwy (right), her sister. Eilonwy is the shy panicky one but when she likes you she will just latch onto your shirt and let you pet her. The only one that holds still when playing. When I let my niece and other people play with them she is almost always the favorite. This photo is from "fingers are friends not food" training:

I do not have a recent good image of Dobby. He thinks he is in charge and they mostly let him believe it. He is much bigger now but here is his baby pic:

And here is a bad photo of him now annoyed that he was the last to get a treat:

And finally a poor image (the problem is that they hate flashes and hate light so it is hard to get good pictures) of them all hanging out together in their sleeping pouch wondering if their fifth colony member (my hand) is coming to join them. Nothing better after a stressful day at work of getting the sleeping pouch and putting your hand in and letting them all snuggle up against you and lick you clean:

I have been tempted to start a sugar glider thread here but not sure if there would be interest. Also not sure if most people would class them with rodents and that they belong in that thread.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Xenocides posted:

I have been tempted to start a sugar glider thread here but not sure if there would be interest. Also not sure if most people would class them with rodents and that they belong in that thread.

:justpost: I'd kill for more animal stories to read and follow along with.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

StrixNebulosa posted:

Yeah, they're cute li'l fellas, Xenocides! I don't know how you could possibly stay annoyed at them long enough to write a post about it! :D

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Xenocides posted:

I also would like to live vicariously through you.Do the needful.

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

"Lana look," Rusev pointed out to the screen, "Pinkie Pie just scared Twilight Sparkle shitless! I love America and shit they put on TV!"
Stop biting me while I'm writing, you little poo poo.

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene
That is not food, that is shredded carpet from your cat tree! Stop trying to eat non-food things!

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

StrixNebulosa posted:

Started a Sugar Glider thread. Will see how it goes.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
Mola I love you so much but could you please stop screaming at 3 in the morning? I have to work during the day and you are not helping.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Quit sticking your face in the litter box you gross weirdo

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

terra you goddamn honk goblin, I know you want what we're eating, but sitting in your cage and flinging pellets and seeds at us isn't the way to endear yourself to us! Also parrot pellets do not taste good sprinkled over chips

it's a good thing you're loving adorable

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Brother in laws mutt greyhound heard me cry out in pain about a slipped disc and came out to offer comfort in the form of her favourite way of showing love, rearing up and punching me in the crotch. Go gently caress yourself kirby you bitch

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Brother in laws mutt greyhound heard me cry out in pain about a slipped disc and came out to offer comfort in the form of her favourite way of showing love, rearing up and punching me in the crotch. Go gently caress yourself kirby you bitch

Well, at least she didn't whip you in the face with her tail, while you were (presumably) doubled-over! :v: That's happened more than once...

Meanwhile, during the last week my greyhound has been working hard in order to either delay my departure for work, or outright come with me. (I assume it's at least partly due to me coming back 2-4hrs late every day, this week) This morning he eventually gave up on his delaying tactics, and instead barged past me as I opened my car door, vaulted up onto the driver's seat and sat there perfectly, waiting patiently (and gleefully) for me to take him.
As much as I'd love to buddy, it's not happening! I've been working at a hospital this week, and I'm sure they're not going to appreciate your presence... (My only regret is that I didn't take a photo of him! But I was late and very tired still, so that thought only crossed my mind much later..)

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
If I ever pass out I’m 100% sure she would whip my face in an earnest attempt to wake me up, next step would be to pee on me. Once she was sure I was dead she would eat me as all dogs would. Not today devil dog

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

If I ever pass out I’m 100% sure she would whip my face in an earnest attempt to wake me up, next step would be to pee on me. Once she was sure I was dead she would eat me as all dogs would. Not today devil dog

Ah, no way - they're great dogs! :D She'd just stick her cold, wet nose in your ear and keep sniffing obnoxiously, which would be guaranteed to wake you up immediately, haha

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Major Isoor posted:

Ah, no way - they're great dogs! :D She'd just stick her cold, wet nose in your ear and keep sniffing obnoxiously, which would be guaranteed to wake you up immediately, haha

Talk to me about tripping in deep snow and having trouble getting up and Apollo running back to help me... by shoving his nose in my face and then trying to jump on me while I get up

I love you, you terrible terrible idiot

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Mittens: chews up salt container
Salt Container: contains salt
Mittens:

Fucker woke me up to complain about it.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

ThingOne posted:

Mittens:

Post the offender

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Mittens complaining that there's chicken on the stove that he's not allowed to have with bonus Donna in the background.

The salt container in question (recreation).
Not pictured is him yowling mournfully at 2 in the morning.

Masterpettitt
Sep 20, 2018

Masterpettitt fucked around with this message at 00:25 on May 11, 2019

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

You are a criminal.

Masterpettitt
Sep 20, 2018

Thumposaurus posted:

You are a criminal.

that cat looks like he was having a good time

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Before this he acted like he wanted nothing to do with these particular treats.

Masterpettitt
Sep 20, 2018
so what your saying is that he is a smart cat and tricked you into thinking he didn't want it so you would let your guard down. Evil Genius

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

ThingOne posted:

Mittens complaining that there's chicken on the stove that he's not allowed to have with bonus Donna in the background.

The salt container in question (recreation).
Not pictured is him yowling mournfully at 2 in the morning.

I am tickled that your cats are named Mittens and Donna.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Little rear end in a top hat woke me up at 3 am and wouldn't let me go back to sleep.

Then she decided to try and stop me from washing the sheets.

Grr, argh.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Dear Schmidt,

I know Olivia getting back from being spayed smells like the vet and not the kitten you knew.

I get that you thought that she was different and hissed and growled at her and even attacked her.

That being said, how are you so dumb that the second her protective collar was taken off you immediately went back to trying to be best friends. God damnit she almost tore her stitches running from you!

Schmidt hiding his face (in presumably shame)

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

ThingOne posted:

Mittens:

:lol: a couple weeks ago, one of my roommate's cats got a brainfreeze from eating ice cream. All I heard was my roommate shouting "What's wrong with you!" at 2 in the morning.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I am tickled that your cats are named Mittens and Donna.

Mittens felt like an obvious choice but Donna has a bit of a story behind it. When I first got her as a kitten we thought she was male so I named her Don Camillo because the first thing she did when I brought her home was try to fight me, my toilet, and Mittens (who was fully grown) in that order. When the vet told me she was actually female I changed the name to Donna Camilla or Donna for short.

Iron Crowned posted:

:lol: a couple weeks ago, one of my roommate's cats got a brainfreeze from eating ice cream. All I heard was my roommate shouting "What's wrong with you!" at 2 in the morning.

Mittens and Donna are an irritatingly effective team. Donna's figured out how to open cabinet doors because she likes to hide in them and Mittens follows her in to pull out anything he thinks might be tasty, mainly flour and other things he can tear apart.

ThingOne fucked around with this message at 19:02 on May 13, 2019

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

completely tipped me over while I was off-balance, making me land in the mud in the pouring rain with my umbrella landing elsewhere

all so he could do this and run around the tree 5000x times to get that squirrel

pal...

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I appreciate the pictures taken from the ground. The sideways orientation really adds to the story.

Masterpettitt
Sep 20, 2018

StrixNebulosa posted:

completely tipped me over while I was off-balance, making me land in the mud in the pouring rain with my umbrella landing elsewhere

all so he could do this and run around the tree 5000x times to get that squirrel

pal...

I feel you and his little legs trying to hard to get the squirrel

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Lox, you ripped up my kale plant. Ate all the leaves and left the stems inside.

What kind of dog eats kale.
gently caress you

You are a pretty girl and I hate you

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Bombadilillo posted:

Lox, you ripped up my kale plant. Ate all the leaves and left the stems inside.

What kind of dog eats kale.
gently caress you

You are a pretty girl and I hate you

But how could you stay mad at that face?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Sumi and Mika you stupid fucks still can’t chill out and hang out together without being little shits and it’s been like two months. I just want to have kitty snuggles and read my drat poo poo on my laptop but noooooooo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Dear New Catte,

My husband refuses to name you until he sees more of your personality. So far, your personality is sleeping with your rear end pointing out and your face smushed into something, and yelling at us meowingly if we are talking too loud for your liking. Please do something so I can name you; otherwise your name will be Usagi-chan and he and you both will be forever embarrassed by it.

I know you're a rescue, and I'm okay with the fact that I probably won't get to pet you for months. But I've given you your favorite snack, toys, food, and a clean place to poo poo. I even let you commandeer my red pants, because apparently they are the best things to sleep on ever. Can you just try to give me a sniff? You're blinking back, dammit, take the next step!

Love,
Louder Food Giant

(pre-adoption)