Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Don Dongington posted:

Don't the liberals usually send a self addressed envelope to THEIR OFFICE rather than the AEC with the ones they send, for absolutely no reasons relating to electoral fraud whatsoever?

got one from Labor today. The postal vote application form is attached to a red coloured statement about when you need to vote etc, but with no party names or logos on it. It does have an 'Authorized by M Dixon WA Labor' statement on it.

Also on the actual half that has the application on it, it reads: As the security of the external systems cannot be assured, the AEC does not accept any liability for unauthorized interception of electronic communications associated with the use of this form.

So its 100% voter data harvesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

No it's Tones and I won't let you take that from me.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
5 more weeks of this poo poo Jesus Christ

hidys
May 6, 2015

"Give the boys a bit of a rev up."
https://twitter.com/rohanct/status/1118132570288476160?s=21

Probably bullshit but still.

Ew.

Although Tassie marginal seat polling is totally hosed

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electorate_opinion_polling_for_the_2016_Australian_federal_election?wprov=sfti1

hidys fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Apr 16, 2019

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJB63ASDSes

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/paul4frankston/status/1116856291161280512

I remember in the leadup to the state election the liberals attempting to downplay the baxter extension, seems like it was a lie to fund it.

And Greg Hunt said during vic election campaign that only the libs would extend to the line to baxter. lol.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

ewe2 posted:

So you're actually saying it does come down to wearing a suit. Of course, obviously, that's why we have totally trustworthy representatives like Peter Dutton who wears very well-fitting suits.

I guess I am, I forgot there were only two forms of clothing for men - suits and tie dye shirts. Not sure what this thing I'm wearing right now is, because it's neither. Perhaps it is a dress.

Way to misread a simple sentence. Steve Jobs managed to look respectable in a black turtleneck, Bob Brown frequently looked dis-respectable in a suit. Certain types of clothing send a message, but more than that, the fit of the clothing changes the message it portrays. A simple set of jeans and a Greens campaigning t-shirt would have been infinitely better than... whatever the hell those outfits were.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

drunkill posted:

https://twitter.com/paul4frankston/status/1116856291161280512

I remember in the leadup to the state election the liberals attempting to downplay the baxter extension, seems like it was a lie to fund it.

And Greg Hunt said during vic election campaign that only the libs would extend to the line to baxter. lol.

Purely looking at that horribly cropped image, it looks like the 19-20 Budget is allocating an additional $1.5 million to the project. Savings are usually indicated by brackets, from memory.

I just looked through Budget paper 2 and can’t find a mention of this project at all.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Just looks like they delayed $8.5m of funding to the next financial year (probably just delaying the start of construction and/or throwing in another feasibility study or options assessment before starting site works) but the total project federal funding contribution looks to actually go up by $4m??

Of course as has been said it's a shittily cropped table and the figures it's being compared to are in a totally different table layout so its a real lovely way to make a point.

aejix fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Apr 16, 2019

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Coalition candidates are being urged to endorse a conservative manifesto that includes selling the ABC, slashing the company tax rate and pulling out of the Paris agreement on climate change.

The Institute of Public Affairs is also calling on Liberals and Nationals to repeal the ban on offensive speech in the Racial Discrimination Act and scrap the Fair Work Act including its provisions on the minimum wage.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Wow, even the IPA are sure labor are gonna win.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

hambeet posted:

Wow, even the IPA are sure labor are gonna win.

The IPA released 100 demands in the lead up to the 2013 election and all of those things were on there.

As well as a bunch of poo poo they actually did.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

The point went that way mate, don't get dribble on yourself.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I have a sinking feeling the media wants to drag this to 50/50

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

The 2014 budget pretty well cribbed from the IPA's 100 points bullshit.

Then the Coalition and IPA were shocked and surprised that the great unwashed hated it.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Anidav posted:

I have a sinking feeling the media wants to drag this to 50/50

I refuse to believe that even the blind king of naivety can be surprised by this.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I'm always an optimistic clown. :(

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

It's a long way to the finishing line though. I'm pretty interested in what happens around the time prepoll voting begins, coalition must be desperate to time that right and I'm just as desperate that they gently caress up spectacularly.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

I only vote for someone if they first let me measure the shape of their skull, to make sure they're not predisposed to criminality.

I can't vote for you, you have the brainpan of a stagecoach tilter!

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

The part I'm waiting for is to see the effect when Scott Morrison begins to truly escalate his marketing genius into the campaign in increasingly frantic doses.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/hamishNews/status/1118269864869675008?s=19

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

What a piece of poo poo

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

sure is nice of you to regret it now you can't do anything about it mr nauru

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

High court approves developer donation ban in QLD :siren:

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

When was the coalition's last positive Newspoll? They haven't had one since the 2016 election, have they?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

freebooter posted:

When was the coalition's last positive Newspoll? They haven't had one since the 2016 election, have they?

Um they’re tied actually, it’s like you don’t even watch breakfast tv

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

freebooter posted:

They had a couple of 50-50 2PP Newspolls after the election but no actual wins.

im alan jones
Feb 1, 2009

the muhammad ali of radio

https://twitter.com/JennaPrice/status/1118293890275012608

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Why isn't the ALP campaigning on Fair Work reform!!!???? It's like they don't care what the people want!!!!!!

Industrial Relations: 1

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

JBP posted:

Why isn't the ALP campaigning on Fair Work reform!!!???? It's like they don't care what the people want!!!!!!

Industrial Relations: 1

So you're saying they should be campaigning on Adani?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Doctor Spaceman posted:

So you're saying they should be campaigning on Adani?

Is Adani the only aspect of the environment?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Super and pensions has actually gone down. Extremely effective marketing efforts by Tim Wilson.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

If you cared about the economy, you wouldn't vote LNP.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

JBP posted:

Is Adani the only aspect of the environment?

In the context of Australia and the federal government's capacity to make positive change, it's the largest single item yes.

Edit: But to be clear I'm not an idiot, and I understand that the only bar the ALP need to hit to win the election is to have a better policy than the Liberals, as Greens votes will almost certainly come back to them in marginal seats anyway.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Amoeba102 posted:

If you cared about the economy, you wouldn't vote LNP.

It's always fun when the LNP voters come out with 40%+ as being interested in the economy before anything else.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Don Dongington posted:

In the context of Australia and the federal government's capacity to make positive change, it's the largest single item yes.

https://www.alp.org.au/media/1692/labors_climate_change_action_plan.pdf

I think this package is good. Also Australians are dwarves and we do basically nothing other than mining. It keeps us out of recession nearly every single time. Adani shouldn't happen but it's a wedge the ALP can politically afford to avoid because there isn't another major environmentally positive choice for most voters.

JBP fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Apr 17, 2019

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

JBP posted:

It's always fun when the LNP voters come out with 40%+ as being interested in the economy before anything else.

It's just the smokescreen answer for fygm.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

JBP posted:

That's because most of them are going to die soon and the only thing they care about is dying on top of a larger pile of money than their neighbour/parents/whatever the gently caress else motivates scum

JBP posted:

https://www.alp.org.au/media/1692/labors_climate_change_action_plan.pdf

I think this package is good. Also Australians are dwarves and we do basically nothing other than mining. It keeps us out of recession nearly every single time. Adani shouldn't happen but it's a wedge the ALP can politically afford to avoid because there isn't another major environmentally positive choice for most voters.

The issue is that it's not going to create a statistically significant amount of jobs, a fact that could easily be sold to the CFMEU. Most of the people who care significantly either way are against it, and already know that.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Don Dongington posted:

That's because most of them are going to die soon and the only thing they care about is dying on top of a larger pile of money than their neighbour/parents/whatever the gently caress else motivates scum

The issue is that it's not going to create a statistically significant amount of jobs, a fact that could easily be sold to the CFMEU. Most of the people who care significantly either way are against it, and already know that.

It's not going to draw in more punters at this point to oppose Adani federally. I'm not saying you're wrong, I just think it's more prudent politically to run with what they have on balance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010