Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Everyone PLEASE play the tekwar fps that was based on an alpha of the build engine instead of nowadays fps games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Quiche Gamer

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

mysterious loyall X posted:

Everyone PLEASE play the tekwar fps that was based on an alpha of the build engine instead of nowadays fps games

based on the book by william shatner

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I dont like niche gamer because I thotnit would be loke hcg101 but its actually a Lone Supreme Gamer PhilosopherKing redpulling you about Rape day on steam (unjustly removed)

Sounds like someone needs a dose of alpha brain. Dark matter is still just a theory but what isn't is the fact that soy lowers your load output and causes breast growth in men. Take the based pill and join me on this journey to becoming a true gorilla pimp alpha gamer, just 3 dollars to get your name in the Thank Yous of the podcast.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Lol

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

I dont like niche gamer because I thotnit would be loke hcg101 but its actually a Lone Supreme Gamer PhilosopherKing redpulling you about Rape day on steam (unjustly removed)

true .. but its either that or siliconera if u want to hear anything at all about games u actually wanna play

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Thank You Sony

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1118143286961680384

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
oh hell yeah 8K crash bandicoot trilogy here we come

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Lol 8k

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SSD + backcompat means I'm selling my PS4 and buying a PS5 for better Bloodborne load times alone

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
yeah that's an immediate upgrade for me, backwards compat is Very Nice. should really be bare minimum but whatever

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Finally ill be able to play all 0 ps4 ganes on the ps5

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Finally ill be able to play all 0 ps4 ganes on the ps5

wait for the ps5 pro, dumbass

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

SSD + backcompat means I'm selling my PS4 and buying a PS5 for better Bloodborne load times alone

I popped in Bloodborne the other day after I beat Sekiro and it was like night and day with the load times

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

That better mean digital back compatibility I hope

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It's gonna be $700 and have no games. You people are insane.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training posted:

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1118150088700964866

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

What are the BB loading times on other machines?

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

and you can bet fromsoft is gonna be making sure to update their games to get the most out of the new hardware

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

American McGay posted:

It's gonna be $700 and have no games. You people are insane.

599 lol

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

honestly, i was a skeptic, but after how sony kicked so much rear end with the ps2 on ps4 rereleases, and the ps1 classic, id be a loving idiot not to trust them

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

HolePisser1982 posted:

honestly, i was a skeptic, but after how sony kicked so much rear end with the ps2 on ps4 rereleases, and the ps1 classic, id be a loving idiot not to trust them
If they've proven one thing over the last 5+ years it's that they're fully committed to the idea of backwards compatibility.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
I never really had an issue with Bloodborne’s load times but I also don’t really care about unskippable cutscenes either so I’m just a blissful dumbass I guess

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

I never really had an issue with Bloodborne’s load times but I also don’t really care about unskippable cutscenes either so I’m just a blissful dumbass I guess

I mean, want it at 60+ fps, but ive played it like 40 times and have every inch sadly memorized by now, im ready to move on

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The power of the PS5 is so vast that early rumors out of Naughty Dog are saying that they've managed to put gameplay into the next Uncharted

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

HolePisser1982 posted:

I mean, want it at 60+ fps, but ive played it like 40 times and have every inch sadly memorized by now, im ready to move on
Lmfao, guess you haven't heard of FROM's dubious history with frame pacing?? Have fun with that "60"fps bro!

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
The PS5 has the wrong kind of RAM.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

quote:

But not all SSDs are created alike. As Cerny points out, “I have an SSD in my laptop, and when I want to change from Excel to Word I can wait 15 seconds.”

Pretty encouraging sign that the laptop of the guy in charge of creating the PS5 is apparently infested with malware.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

In Training posted:

The power of the PS5 is so vast that early rumors out of Naughty Dog are saying that they've managed to put gameplay into the next Uncharted

Can’t wait to see how many bonecrunching mortal kombat style Last of Us 3 killing moves I’ll be able to download at a reasonable price to my blazing fast SSD. gently caress yeah

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

American McGay posted:

Lmfao, guess you haven't heard of FROM's dubious history with frame pacing?? Have fun with that "60"fps bro!

me: Eyyyy Tony, tell em how yous got tha name
Tony Two-Frames: Eyyyy, the pacing’s so nice, you get to see every 29th one twice. Paisan!

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

HolePisser1982 posted:

Tony Two-Frames: Eyyyy, the pacing’s so nice, you get to see every 29th one twice. Paisan!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HolePisser1982 posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I'm seein' double here! Four 29th frames!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

Pablo Nergigante posted:

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

HolePisser1982 posted:

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lmfao

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

lol fromsoft programmers preparing for the ps5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkP_OGDCLY0&t=141s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

HolePisser1982 posted:

lol fromsoft programmers preparing for the ps5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkP_OGDCLY0&t=141s